Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts on Trump after two years as President

My thoughts on Trump after two years as President

Look, I am grateful. He saved us from Hillary and Jeb. He risked everything he's earned in life. He's self-owned, fiercely independent. He takes orders from no one. He is one of the great "fighters" any of us have seen, possibly ever. He pulled off the kobayashi maru in 2016. He didn't enter the arena until 2015, but he meticulously planned his ascent for over three decades. He is better than a genius - he is a real world genius. Not some Harvard IYI who never learned anything outside of a classroom.

But a statist with strong libertarian instincts that they will never follow up on is still a statist.

On foreign policy I give him an A+ for NoKo, B+ for Russia, and an incomplete for China. Every other country is either an F or irrelevant.

With the globalist orgs, he talks tough but still cozys up to these bureaucrats. Until he pulls us out of NATO/UN/WTO/etc., it is all theater. Pulling out with him never appears to be about leaving; it is just an opportunity for him to strike a better deal. Trump is about deals, not principles.

His cabinet is atrocious. I have no explanation whatsoever for why is he is surrounded by the most neoconnish of neocons. Trump is not stupid. I'm sure he knows these people will lie to him about everything and anything to destroy his agenda. Perhaps he thought he can win them over with his intellect. Well it's been two years, and they're still out to ruin him. His only cabinet member who was good was Scott Pruitt (great, actually).

His spending bills are repulsive, and possibly about to get worse. He ran on paying down the debt, and even recently still talked about it. So far it's all a crock. Attacking the Fed *may* bring positive results in the long term, but he's not really attacking the Fed (i.e. ending it). He's calling on the Fed to do it's job better (make money faker). He may understand the Fed and central banking, but he understands better the havoc it would cause on his presidency if he did the right thing.

I think he will lose a lot of support for not building the wall nor ending a single war. These are things people from all sides of the political aisle voted him in for.

He is better than any President in my lifetime (an objective observation, not a compliment) but he appears to believe that band-aids can save this country. Trump was supposed to eliminate government up to 90%, but it is more likely government will grow by 90%.

Obama's legacy gave us Trump, but Trump's legacy will be that he governed like Obama.

I pray that I'm wrong and I still support him.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is more good than you have listed but in general your view is relatively accurate, the next 2 years need to see a massive improvement and if he gets a second term it will need to be even better yet.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    He takes order from no one.
    That's where I stopped reading since everything afterward is likely rooted in CFR-sponsored media-created delusion. All those that make it to the highest levels of public office are banker puppet mouthpieces.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    There is more good than you have listed but in general your view is relatively accurate, the next 2 years need to see a massive improvement and if he gets a second term it will need to be even better yet.
    I'm a bad writer, yes there is a lot more good actually and you are absolutely right. But in the grand scheme of things, not much has changed.

I think a HUGE mistake was getting rid of Bannon.

Bannon sinned and drew a line in the sand against Jared/Ivanka.

Trump erred by taking it personal.

Nobody would have done more to enact Trump's agenda, and nobody would have had his back as Bannon did/does.

The ironic thing is Bannon's popularity has gone way up lately, thanks to some televised debates and conferences. There are plenty of people now who think he is a decent person instead of a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    That's where I stopped reading since everything afterward is likely rooted in CFR-sponsored media-created delusion. All those that make it to the highest levels of public office are banker puppet mouthpieces.
    So if Ron Paul was a billionaire ladies man with a penchant for twitter, he would have been a puppet too?

FDR supposedly said "In politics, nothing happens by accident." He was wrong (although it is a very good heuristic).

Trump had the bank account and flamboyance to win. And if the globalists truly did sign off on his presidency, Russia would never have happened.

I've tried working around the Continuing Crisis©® in every possible manner conceivable.

Nothing seems to work.

I keep coming back, after years now, to this point:

The solutions to our problems are not going to be found in a ballot box.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Perhaps, but it's important to remember that fairly recently, Ron Paul was on the ballot.

And as Trump showed, accidents do happen.

The worst thing about Ron is that the people weren't ready for him. He was light years ahead of everyone.

Trump was the rejection of decades of elitist a**holes. People were desperate.

They are more desperate now.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump was the rejection of decades of elitist a**holes. People were desperate.

They are more desperate now.
    I'm not seeing it.

Not seeing what?
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Not seeing what?
    Folks here in the Ozarks have reverted to complacency once again....

Not even a glimmer of 'desperation'....

"On foreign policy I give him an A+ for NoKo"

Doesn't foreign policy include the wars?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Look, I am grateful. He saved us from Hillary and Jeb. He risked everything he's earned in life. He's self-owned, fiercely independent. He takes orders from no one. He is one of the great "fighters" any of us have seen, possibly ever. He pulled off the kobayashi maru in 2016. He didn't enter the arena until 2015, but he meticulously planned his ascent for over three decades. He is better than a genius - he is a real world genius. Not some Harvard IYI who never learned anything outside of a classroom.

But a statist with strong libertarian instincts that they will never follow up on is still a statist.

On foreign policy I give him an A+ for NoKo, B+ for Russia, and an incomplete for China. Every other country is either an F or irrelevant.

With the globalist orgs, he talks tough but still cozys up to these bureaucrats. Until he pulls us out of NATO/UN/WTO/etc., it is all theater. Pulling out with him never appears to be about leaving; it is just an opportunity for him to strike a better deal. Trump is about deals, not principles.

His cabinet is atrocious. I have no explanation whatsoever for why is he is surrounded by the most neoconnish of neocons. Trump is not stupid. I'm sure he knows these people will lie to him about everything and anything to destroy his agenda. Perhaps he thought he can win them over with his intellect. Well it's been two years, and they're still out to ruin him. His only cabinet member who was good was Scott Pruitt (great, actually).

His spending bills are repulsive, and possibly about to get worse. He ran on paying down the debt, and even recently still talked about it. So far it's all a crock. Attacking the Fed *may* bring positive results in the long term, but he's not really attacking the Fed (i.e. ending it). He's calling on the Fed to do it's job better (make money faker). He may understand the Fed and central banking, but he understands better the havoc it would cause on his presidency if he did the right thing.

I think he will lose a lot of support for not building the wall nor ending a single war. These are things people from all sides of the political aisle voted him in for.

He is better than any President in my lifetime (an objective observation, not a compliment) but he appears to believe that band-aids can save this country. Trump was supposed to eliminate government up to 90%, but it is more likely government will grow by 90%.

Obama's legacy gave us Trump, but Trump's legacy will be that he governed like Obama.

I pray that I'm wrong and I still support him.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DtdJv1GV4AAWMJW.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	6246
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Not in the suburbs of NJ either.

When he won the election was the beginning of the end of career politics. No one is next in line to be President as it could be anyone. In the future there is going to be more non-politicians running for President and we’ll have a choice on which cause we like. Voters will pay attention to all candidates now that the media has been proven to be dishonest. He also set the precedent that a President must keep promises. They can’t be all talk and no action. Donald Trump May have not got everything done that he hoped to do but we know he is least trying. He also cut regulations and pardoned some of the people involved with Cliven Bundy. Plus there has never been a President more engaged with the public then Donald Trump esp with his tweets and rallies.

Remember two years ago when some of us told you so? Remember why we told you so? Something about Ron and Rand--real rebels--getting zero press while Trump was being blathered about 24/7?

Are you really thinking only he could have beaten the Wicked Witch of Arkansas? Remember all those "theoretical matchup" polls during the primaries that demonstrated Clinton v. Trump would be close enough to come down to the Electoral College, while Clinton v. Paul would have seen Hilldawg sent home by a very comfortable margin?

You've got a remarkably clear view of President Trump for someone who was totally suckered by Candidate Trump. Congratulations and good morning! Hope you're enjoying the smell of the coffee.
    We believe our lying eyes...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Yes , I think the same here .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Yes , I think the same here .
    If only Ron Paul could endure the amount of stress you are putting up with in your life.

I like how he stuck it to the media. Maybe a couple of other things. You can find agreement with any person on this earth about something. Overall, he is a cock sucking piece of $#@!.

People forget how he tried to use government several times in his attempt to steal other people's land. He "100 percent" approved of the eminent domain Kelo (Connecticut) court decision that favored Pfizer and ran people off their land. Running people off their land is about as low as you can get.

That cock sucker probably never got the total ass beating he deserved as a kid. I don't know why somebody didn't pummel that puke's face when he was on tee vee as their "boss" or even as a real boss.

The eminent domain issue tells you what kind of person he is. A low down $#@! that has the gall to champion government to run you out. That cock sucking $#@! would never, ever get my vote. $#@! him.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    If only Ron Paul could endure the amount of stress you are putting up with in your life.
    Every great once in awhile , just barely , I have a glimmer of pity for those hardworking stressed out people . I have zero stress now that I am retired . I still work hard , when I want to , for me .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I like how he stuck it to the media. Maybe a couple of other things. You can find agreement with any person on this earth about something. Overall, he is a cock sucking piece of $#@!.

People forget how he tried to use government several times in his attempt to steal other people's land. He "100 percent" approved of the eminent domain Kelo (Connecticut) court decision that favored Pfizer and ran people off their land. Running people off their land is about as low as you can get.

That cock sucker probably never got the total ass beating he deserved as a kid. I don't know why somebody didn't pummel that puke's face when he was on tee vee as their "boss" or even as a real boss.

The eminent domain issue tells you what kind of person he is. A low down $#@! that has the gall to champion government to run you out. That cock sucking $#@! would never, ever get my vote. $#@! him.

+rep

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I pretty much like about 80% of the OP take on his accomplishments and his horrid failures.........., and this ^ should have been added so we don't forget who he really is.

I also love how he has exposed the media for the shills they are. I don't think he intentionally did it. They just created him by their lack of ever questioning any politician on anything substantial....now they want to do it to him and he's not having anything of it. They both deserve each other.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I've tried working around the Continuing Crisis©® in every possible manner conceivable.

Nothing seems to work.

I keep coming back, after years now, to this point:

Perhaps, but the ballot box may be PART of the solution.

We can't afford to neglect any opportunity.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

That was one of the biggest reasons I didn't vote for him last time, he has however exceeded my extremely low expectations after taking office, I would still rather have someone better to vote for next time but if he is the best option I may vote for him, I will need to see what happens in the next two years.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

SS thoughts on Trump after two years as President:

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I pretty much like about 80% of the OP take on his accomplishments and his horrid failures.........., and this ^ should have been added so we don't forget who he really is.

I also love how he has exposed the media for the shills they are. I don't think he intentionally did it. They just created him by their lack of ever questioning any politician on anything substantial....now they want to do it to him and he's not having anything of it. They both deserve each other.
    Pretty much where I stand as well. Loved him embarrassing the media so much that they are now doing it regularly on a daily basis with or without his incitement. His foreign policy remains seemingly controlled by neocon advisors like Bolton that are keeping us occupied in places we clearly do not need to be. His cabinet picks have been horrid and don't seem to be improving over time as some hopeful supporters predicted they would.

His presidency never looked like anything more than decent entertainment value from the onset, as he called out the media and other ridiculous institutions and celebrities for the frauds they are. There have been a few moments where it appeared he was taking on the deep state, actually attempting to do what he said about the DC swamp, but as time goes on and little to nothing is done, no one of actual influence or importance being held accountable, threats are made/tweeted, then not followed up on, constitutional injustices remain the norm, debt continues piling up, and any actual supposed draining does not occur, it's hard to believe he was anything more than entertainment.

If he doesn't do something about the two tier justice system and actually holding people accountable for crimes, then it all but seals the fact openly and publicly that we don't have law and have not for some time, it's nothing but a system of enemies and allies of the state, each punished or rewarded accordingly. I believe this was a big reason why he was voted in and failure to address this will be something voters remember. He's going to continue making fools of the media and doing his daily tweets, but I think people are clamoring more now than at any point during his presidency for less talk and more action against the deep state.

He wants bigger government and more Fed stimulus. To me these two things dwarf any of the miniscule positives.

That was one of the biggest reasons I didn't vote for him last time, he has however exceeded my extremely low expectations after taking office, I would still rather have someone better to vote for next time but if he is the best option I may vote for him, I will need to see what happens in the next two years.
    It's the opposite for me. I had some hope for Trump because as a candidate he talked about reducing the size of government and normalizing interest rates. But he's flipped on those 2 major issues since becoming president.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You've got a remarkably clear view of President Trump for someone who was totally suckered by Candidate Trump.
    Suckered by candidate Trump? I didn't vote for him.

And that is why I think he still has a chance at a reelect. People like swordsmyth and myself may not sit out this time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast