Thread: [VIDEO] Nigel Farage on Good Morning Britain

[VIDEO] Nigel Farage on Good Morning Britain

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Britain’s Queen Elizabeth on Monday gave final approval to a piece of legislation which seeks to prevent Prime Minister Boris Johnson from taking the country out of the European Union without an exit deal on Oct. 31.

More at: https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKCN1VU1L8

Boris should have told her not to.
    He better go through with one of the plans to force Brexit.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Britain’s Queen Elizabeth on Monday gave final approval to a piece of legislation which seeks to prevent Prime Minister Boris Johnson from taking the country out of the European Union without an exit deal on Oct. 31.

The PM cannot order the Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The PM cannot order the Queen.
    He can advise her to deny Royal assent and she is obliged by precedent to follow his advice.

You don't understand the ceremonial role of the queen in the modern British system.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He can advise her to deny Royal assent and she is obliged by precedent to follow his advice.

You don't understand the ceremonial role of the queen in the modern British system.
    The Queen is supposed to be non- political. Telling her to reject legislation the government approved would be putting her on the spot and force her into the conflict. That just isn't done.

The following article concerned a request by Tony Blair to dissolve Parliament. The Queen did not have to consent to the request (and it is a request).

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ster-down.html

The Queen could, in theory, have turned the Prime Minister down

TONY BLAIR'S eight-minute drive from 10 Downing Street to Buckingham Palace was to "request" the dissolution of parliament, not to "demand" it.

One of the vestigal powers of the Queen is that she can, should she choose, refuse to comply. However, as Mr Blair sat on the yellow silk upholstered sofas in the Queen's first-floor Audience Room, he knew it was a most unlikely prospect.

No monarch of modern times has ever refused such a request, although the Queen's grandfather, King George V, came close with Stanley Baldwin in 1923. And no British monarch since Stuart times has tried to force a dissolution of parliament.
    Although circumstances leading to a monarch refusing such a request are "improbable", to use the words of the former Cabinet Secretary Lord Armstrong, the power to withhold consent is a check on any "irresponsible exercise" of a prime minister's right to make such a request.

According to the late Sir Alan Lascelles, former private secretary to the Queen and her father, King George VI, circumstances in which a royal refusal could be forthcoming are if "the existing Parliament was still vital, viable and capable of doing its job" or if the monarch "could rely on finding another prime minister who could [govern] for a reasonable period, with a working majority in the House of Commons".
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-09-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The Queen is supposed to be non- political. Telling her to reject legislation the government approved would be putting her on the spot and force her into the conflict. That just isn't done.
    The government didn't approve it, parliament forced it and that is a no-no in their system.
    According to their law and precedent BJ had a right to advise her to not give her assent, I have posted multiple British sourced articles discussing it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm afraid he's going to try and ram through some silly 'deal' in which case Farage will destroy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    I'm afraid he's going to try and ram through some silly 'deal' in which case Farage will destroy them.
    I still don't trust him and I won't unless hard Brexit happens.
    He may have a plan to make it happen while claiming it's not his fault and that he tried to get a deal and parliament fouled him up but I don't like that so far he is letting them get away with this bill.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Moreover, we have suggestions that while the ‘rebel alliance’ legislation forcing PM BoJo to “seek” and “agree” an extension to Article 50 will become law today (after having been rushed through the Lords in, yes, an unprecedented fashion), the government is prepared to question the legality of the law itself. There are mutterings about “Queen’s assent v. consent”, for those who dig into constitutional law; there is a suggestion the PM might send documents to the EU alongside the mandated request for an Article 50 extension stating he has no good reason at all for wanting one, to try to shoot it down; and that the British are pledging to blockade normal working of the EU if forced to remain; and, as previously noted, it has even been floated that Johnson might opt to go to prison rather than implement the law as stated.
    In short, the Tories are going to use every trick in the book to try to ensure that the 31 October deadline still holds, law or no law.

Put this all together and, from an EU perspective, what you do not have is a member state that is in any fit state to retain membership even if this is about to be requested. Indeed, in yet another Brexit irony, the Remainers who bemoan Leavers’ solipsism are themselves not noticing it is not in the UK’s power to gain an Article 50 extension, and the EU is perhaps not going to prove enthusiastic about retaining such a problematic partner. Exhibit A: the French foreign minister saying the EU can’t keep going through this every three months, and right now he doesn’t see a reason to grant an extension at all.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ibbentrop-pact

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Boris Johnson shut down Parliament for five weeks today after humiliatingly losing his latest bid to trigger a snap election.
    The PM accused 'yellow belly' Jeremy Corbyn and Remainers of 'conniving to delay Brexit' - jibing that they 'can't hide forever' from the people's verdict.
    After the result in the early hours of the morning, he vowed that he will defy the 'device' of the new Remainer law against No Deal and stick to his 'do or die' vow to get the UK out by October 31.
    Mr Johnson said opposition parties had decided they 'know better' than the public. He insisted he would go to an EU summit on October 17 and 'strive to get an agreement in the national interest... this government will not delay Brexit any further'.

More at: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tion-call.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Jailed far-right activist Tommy Robinson appears to have endorsed Boris Johnson as Britain's prime minister.
    The operators of Robinson’s official Telegram channel called on Sunday evening for supporters to “back Boris”.
    "It is refreshing to actually see someone have a pair and stand up for British democracy," the message reads. "21 Tory traitors decided to side with Corbyn and the Labour traitors and try and block the Brexit that the majority of people voted for."
    "Boris sacked them which was good to see! Amber Rudd resigns - who gives a s***. We back Boris, now just get us out of the EU. Labour are crying that Boris is stealing democracy when in fact he is trying to do what the people voted for.
    "The very same Labour traitors crying that democracy is being stolen are preventing a general election because they know that the people will vote Boris. #BackBoris"

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/tommy-robinso...081256110.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment