Thread: they're certainly not letting anything about this crisis go to waste

they're certainly not letting anything about this crisis go to waste

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/ni...nasnagU1LJRxI/
    Viacom networks MTV and Nickelodeon went off air for 17 minutes Wednesday to support students and others participating in National Walkout Day.
    From 10 a.m. to 10:17 p.m.[sic], those networks -- as well as Viacom-owned BET and Comedy Central, went off the air. The 17 minutes honor the 17 victims killed in the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting one month ago on Feb. 14, when a 19-year-old former student opened fire.
    Wouldn't it be nice if they'd go off air for a few days to honor all those whose lives have been saved by firearms. I swear this country will be lucky if the 2nd Amendment survives another generation.

Maybe they could go offline for a few years to honor the Polish in the Warsaw uprisings of 1943/44 who fought Hitler's armored vehicles from windows with molotovs and bolt-action rifles before finally being crushed by tyranny.

But perhaps that is too harsh. what is a few minutes of non-prime air-time to show these youngsters that if they whine hard enough and long enough they'll get what they want?
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 03-14-2018 at 03:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This may have a backlash. Trump was pretty much elected by non racist people sick of being called racist by a certain party. Now that same party of people are screwing with boobus's TV shows? That would probably be the only thing that boobus's would riot about these days.

So they walked out of government schools for 17 minutes? Good start, I suppose. Maybe next they can just walk out and never go back!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    So they walked out of government schools for 17 minutes? Good start, I suppose. Maybe next they can just walk out and never go back!
    Ha! Love it.

Most of them probably just like not being in class.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Yeah, those government gun free zones where most of the shootings take place.
    There is no spoon.

Even some leftist dude on twitter was commenting that the kids were walking out with their teachers and Principals, so it wasn't really a walk out, and in fact, it would be a protest to stay in class. He got a lot of $#@! for saying that..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Even some leftist dude on twitter was commenting that the kids were walking out with their teachers and Principals, so it wasn't really a walk out, and in fact, it would be a protest to stay in class. He got a lot of $#@! for saying that..
    Their teachers and principals should be fired for protesting on the job. As if those whores need more time away from work.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Their teachers and principals should be fired for protesting on the job. As if those whores need more time away from work.
    I feel like I'm under attack by citizens from my own country and my own government is paying them to do it.

School walk outs, propaganda town halls, Boycotting businesses that give perks to NRA, NRA called terrorists by BLM and politicos. Seems like they are going all in on this one. Why now and not before? Are the elite prepping for something?
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    School walk outs, propaganda town halls, Boycotting businesses that give perks to NRA, NRA called terrorists by BLM and politicos. Seems like they are going all in on this one. Why now and not before? Are the elite prepping for something?
    My guess is they think they've finally had enough conditioning to make a strong push that will tip the scales.

This is their "Tet Offensive" against the right to keep and bear arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Jan2017

Teachers should definitely be docked in pay for time of the disruption that kept them from teaching.

And if not, then the students, get an added day to make-up (like snow day) since the day lesson plans were messed up by student's rebellion.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I feel like I'm under attack by citizens from my own country and my own government is paying them to do it.
    Ha! Welcome to Amerika!

I've felt like that for decades!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Teachers should definitely be docked in pay for time of the disruption that kept them from teaching.

And if not, then the students, get an added day to make-up (like snow day) since the day lesson plans were messed up by student's rebellion.
    The LAST thing we need is added time in government edukashun camps! I think anything that "messes up" the lesson plans is a good thing! The problem with this 'protest' is that this is part of the lesson plan.

Lots of students walked out in my city's school district. There were also many armed police officers to protect the event for safety.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Lots of students walked out in my city's school district. There were also many armed police officers to protect the event for safety.
    Centrally planned and phony as a three dollar bill.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL! Look how Bernie Sanders kept safe at the anti-gun #NationalWalkoutDay rally in DC
    https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/...zen.yandex.com
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Most of them probably just like not being in class.
    Selling Yourself Cheap 101
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.