Thread: Armored Vehicle Accompanies Homeland Security Operation in Queens

Armored Vehicle Accompanies Homeland Security Operation in Queens

A large armored personnel carrier operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security rumbled into a Queens neighborhood Wednesday morning, alarming local residents.

A NY1 viewer took the photo, seen above, on Forest Ave near Norman Street in Ridgewood.

A federal source who spoke on the condition of anonymity said the military-style vehicle, known as a BearCat, was being used by a Homeland Security Special Response Team to arrest a criminal suspect. The source said the "target has been taken into custody."

The source repeatedly declined to comment on why the individual was apprehended but said the investigation did not involve an immigration issue.

On Thursday, City Hall spokeswoman Olivia Lapeyrolerie said, “This was a federal criminal investigation into a firearms suspect, not immigration enforcement. About 50 guns, including a machine gun, gun parts and ammunition were seized. We refer any further questions to the Department of Homeland Security and Federal Prosecutors.”
    https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...-ridgewood-nyc
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Something something standing army.......
    "The Patriarch"

So, another innocent gun owner being railroaded by the feds? If he'd actually committed a violent crime of some kind, wouldn't they have mentioned that? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    So, another innocent gun owner being railroaded by the feds? If he'd actually committed a violent crime of some kind, wouldn't they have mentioned that? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Or maybe it was a gunrunner who supplies the worst criminal elements in NYC.

We need to be told.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Or maybe it was a gunrunner who supplies the worst criminal elements in NYC.

We need to be told.

The odds favor a yes to my questions, but you're right in saying we don't know and should be told.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

The cool thing about that hatch cover is you could miss him and still hit him.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    'Bank Shot'

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Bank shot! Dammit, too late......
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    'Bank Shot'
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Bank shot! Dammit, too late......
    Lol. Great minds and such.....

The odds favor a yes to my questions, but you're right in saying we don't know and should be told.
    Told by the arrested, those who arrest lie.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post

''See something say something''

''We have AI and surveillance footage of you dog contemplating peeing on a fire hydrant, is he carrying any weapons?''

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Both lie with frequency, we need to see the evidence.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So why didn't they just knock at the door and ask to talk to the guy?

Were they afraid he would flush the evidence down the toilet?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Absolutely.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

And miss out on an opportunity to use their nice new BearCat? Heaven forbid!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

"The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And miss out on an opportunity to use their nice new BearCat? Heaven forbid!
    They've gotta use the $600 million of military equipment that Trump gave them for something!
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    They've gotta use the $600 million of military equipment that Trump gave them for something!

Exactly! It would just be sinful not to.
    Chris

ICE was involved but it wasn't an immigration case, that means it was probably a smuggler.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Seeing how this happened in New York Liberal state where they had banned to own guns and ammo i am not surprised he was arrested. It seems he owned to many arms.

About 50 guns, including a machine gun, gun parts and ammunition were seized