Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Elections Change Nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    I also repeatedly brought up violence.
    Okay. And I brought up other acts of violence that weren't arson. (Man being burned in ditch for example. Watchmen Wolverine kidnapping attempt for another.)

My echo chamber? Must be more of that controlled opposition at work.
    Do you know what an echo chamber is? Hint....it's taking affirmation from the fact that people agree with you.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    We need to gravitate beyond using the false keywords that are the presented forms of identification and expression.
    You seem to have firm belief that, somehow, classical liberalism is conservatism. That is not a historical fact.
    I was simply responding to someone who was using the terms "liberal" and "conservative" the conventional way. But I agree with you. Classical liberalism is not conservatism nor is it the current version of liberalism.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Okay. And I brought up other acts of violence that weren't arson. (Man being burned in ditch for example. Watchmen Wolverine kidnapping attempt for another.)
    And those examples are utterly dwarfed by the sheer quantity of documented incidents of leftist violence against Trump supporters. The right is not wholly innocent, but the left is a hell of a lot more guilty of perpetrating violence than the right is. This phenomenon is not recent and is endemic to collectivist ideology.

Do you know what an echo chamber is? Hint....it's taking affirmation from the fact that people agree with you.
    When an individual already had the position prior to the agreement of others and others reach that same position based on their interpretation of that evidence, then that is called a consensus.

Note the distinction between an echo chamber and consensus. Every individual that you think comprises my "echo chamber" reached the same conclusion independently of me.

And those examples are utterly dwarfed by the sheer quantity of documented incidents of leftist violence against Trump supporters. The right is not wholly innocent, but the left is a hell of a lot more guilty of perpetrating violence than the right is. This phenomenon is not recent and is endemic to collectivist ideology.

When an individual already had the position prior to the agreement of others and others reach that same position based on their interpretation of that evidence, then that is called a consensus.

Note the distinction between an echo chamber and consensus. Every individual that you think comprises my "echo chamber" reached the same conclusion independently of me.
    Blah blah blah...literally I JUST had the same discussion with someone on the left saying EXACTLY the same crap that you're saying just with different actors. I wasn't impressed with him either. I wish I could teleport all of you to your own battle world where you could have it out and leave the rest of us alone.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Blah blah blah...literally I JUST had the same discussion with someone on the left saying EXACTLY the same crap that you're saying just with different actors. I wasn't impressed with him either. I wish I could teleport all of you to your own battle world where you could have it out and leave the rest of us alone.
    I'm sure you did. There, there. It's okay.

Stop repeating the lie. elections dont change anything when you accept your slavery. You can't have a free society if the society is not partcipating in freedom

Mmmmm......let me step back. Nope. I am pretty sure I am seeing it right.
    Well, like I said, I don't know what to tell you. I specifically laid out pretty much the complete arsenal of tools that the left has built to destroy opposition, wondering to myself as I typed it how exactly anyone could ever hope to overcome such a machine, but you don't seem too concerned by it, so you do you.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-27-2020 at 09:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    To the O.P...

Writing articles about how elections change nothing, changes less things than elections.
    Oh, yeah?

Well, posting messages about how writing articles about how elections change nothing, changes less things than elections, changes nothing.

So there!

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Well, like I said, I don't know what to tell you. I specifically laid out pretty much the complete arsenal of tools that the left has built to destroy opposition, wondering to myself as I typed it how exactly anyone could ever hope to overcome such a machine, but you don't seem too concerned by it, so you do you.
    I'm sure you did. There, there. It's okay.
    Yeah....this is exactly what's wrong with politics and @Ender is 100% right. People on each side selectively "lay out their point", ignore inconvenient facts, "spike the football" like they scored a touchdown when they haven't, and don't realize they're all being played.

Yeah....this is exactly what's wrong with politics and @Ender is 100% right. People on each side selectively "lay out their point", ignore inconvenient facts, "spike the football" like they scored a touchdown when they haven't, and don't realize they're all being played.
    You haven't even acknowledged my points.

I don't see anyone here coming up with a plan to:

Deal with the media.
    Deal with the education system.
    Deal with woke capital.
    Deal with woke hollywood.
    Deal with woke tech.
    Deal with billionaire-funded leftist front groups like BLM.

You won't even acknowledge that the leviathan system I just mentioned exists. Seriously, step back. Look at what we're up against, and tell me, honestly, who you think is a threat. But you won't. You won't even consider it. And yet we're the ones living in a bubble.

Absolutely no desire to do anything other than say, 'hey guys let's sit this one out and let them go at it. Politics is stupid. Let's go to a liberty seminar with a few people we already agree with or something. That'll show 'em'. . . . Right. If that ain't an echo chamber, I don't know what is.

It'll be a real bloodbath if Biden gets sworn in, considering the right is on the ropes, and when the left has gotten rid of them, they'll come for you. They don't give a damn for your neutrality.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-28-2020 at 07:56 AM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

You haven't even acknowledged my points.
    Yeah. You sound just like the liberal I was talking to. He raised a lot of points that had NOTHING to do with what was being discussed and was like "You haven't acknowledged my points." (His points were all about the personal experiences of racism and threats of violence he ran into dealing with "Proud Boys" to try to counter the point that I made that the current leader of the Proud Boys is actually Afro Cuban.)

I don't see anyone here coming up with a plan to:

Deal with the media.
    Deal with the education system.
    Deal with woke capital.
    Deal with woke hollywood.
    Deal with woke tech.
    Deal with billionaire-funded leftist front groups like BLM.
    None of that has anything to do with what I was talking about. But let's just take one of them. "Deal with woke tech." I have talked about that multiple times already. There are alternatives to YouTube, Twitter etc that are not controlled by the billionaire class. For example, there is Bitchute, lbry.tv and Rubble.com which are all free (as in freedom) video sharing platforms. And yet, RPF only allows for the embedding of YouTube. When I bring this up nobody seems to care. You have never responded on any of those threads. So you are part of the very problem you are bitching about.

You won't even acknowledge that the leviathan system I just mentioned exists. Seriously, step back. Look at what we're up against, and tell me, honestly, who you think is a threat. But you won't. And yet we're the ones living in a bubble.
    Bvllshyt. I've acknowledged and attempted to do something about it. You just sit on your a$$ and bytch about it.

Yeah. You sound just like the liberal I was talking to. He raised a lot of points that had NOTHING to do with what was being discussed and was like "You haven't acknowledged my points."
    It has a lot to do with it. There's an obvious deep state cabal ready to back the leftist nuts. It's systemic, and it's being exposed to those who want to merely open their eyes to see it. There's not one for the right (nor should we want one if it is as corrupt). But yet, you think the right is the problem, even though they've been on the defense for the last decade or so, going back at least when the IRS was harassing the Tea Party, but probably longer if you count the lefties barging into their party when Rockefeller knee-capped Goldwater..

When the right fights back, you're like, "Oh my look what they're doing!"

Yeah, and maybe it's about time, lol.

seriously though it's so one-sided it's painful to watch.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-28-2020 at 08:15 AM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It has a lot to do with it. There's an obvious deep state cabal ready to back the leftist nuts. It's systemic, and it's being exposed to those who want to merely open their eyes to see it. There's not one for the right (nor should we want one if it is as corrupt). But yet, you think the right is the problem, even though they've been on the defense for the last decade or so, going back at least when the IRS was harassing the Tea Party, but probably longer if you count the lefties barging into their party when Rockefeller knee-capped Goldwater..

When the right fights back, you're like, "Oh my look what they're doing!"

Yeah, and maybe it's about time, lol.

seriously though it's so one-sided it's painful to watch.
    I see that you snipped out the part where I showed that I've actually done something about the things you are complaining about and, from what I can tell, you have not. You're just bringing them up to make a point about something I am not arguing against. Yes there is a lot unfair in the media and the world. That doesn't change the fact that both sides of the political divide exaggerate the hate and violence on the other side while minimizing their own. That's just a fact.

Yeah. You sound just like the liberal I was talking to. He raised a lot of points that had NOTHING to do with what was being discussed and was like "You haven't acknowledged my points." (His points were all about the personal experiences of racism and threats of violence he ran into dealing with "Proud Boys" to try to counter the point that I made that the current leader of the Proud Boys is actually Afro Cuban.)

None of that has anything to do with what I was talking about. But let's just take one of them. "Deal with woke tech." I have talked about that multiple times already. There are alternatives to YouTube, Twitter etc that are not controlled by the billionaire class. For example, there is Bitchute, lbry.tv and Rubble.com which are all free (as in freedom) video sharing platforms. And yet, RPF only allows for the embedding of YouTube. When I bring this up nobody seems to care. You have never responded on any of those threads. So you are part of the very problem you are bitching about.

Bvllshyt. I've acknowledged and attempted to do something about it. You just sit on your a$$ and bytch about it.

There's the whole quote, since you think it was underhanded that I "snipped" part of it.

Kind of a waste of space though. FWIW I did join parler. Still waiting on the leftist CIA-funded twitter to collapse though. Any day now, I'm sure of it.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-28-2020 at 08:34 AM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

There's the whole quote, since you think it was underhanded that I "snipped" part of it.

Kind of a waste of space though.
    And you are certainly entitled to your opinion. But you did exactly what you accused me of doing, which is not responding to points you made which I didn't think were relevant.

When this election is overturned there will be rioting like we have never seen in most major hellhole cities.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    When this election is overturned there will be rioting like we have never seen in most major hellhole cities.
    Count on it.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

A dementia rest home in DC needs to change its name to "The White House" so Joey can live out his delusions.

Aw, you poor thing. Must be tough being the only one to have everything figured out. It's really too bad your enlightened self will be crushed under the weight of humanity. Such is the fate of those ahead of their time. Tragic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123