Thread: Manchin Mulling Leaving Dem Party

Manchin Mulling Leaving Dem Party

SCOOP: Manchin Tells Associates He’s Considering Leaving the Democratic Party and Has an Exit Plan
    https://www.motherjones.com/politics...eal-exclusive/

In recent days, Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) has told associates that he is considering leaving the Democratic Party if President Joe Biden and Democrats on Capitol Hill do not agree to his demand to cut the size of the social infrastructure bill from $3.5 trillion to $1.75 trillion, according to people who have heard Manchin discuss this. Manchin has said that if this were to happen, he would declare himself an “American Independent.” And he has devised a detailed exit strategy for his departure.
    This may be a stunt for political leverage, but man, this would be great news!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can't see how it's a stunt. He's ideologically opposed to most of the Democratic agenda, and quite likely would lose his seat if he stays a Democrat.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

He wants to expand the size, power, and cost of government at a slightly slower pace than the Democrat Party as a whole does.

This means he's perfect for the GOP. I don't know why he's not a Republican already.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    He wants to expand the size, power, and cost of government at a slightly slower pace than the Democrat Party as a whole does.

This means he's perfect for the GOP. I don't know why he's not a Republican already.
    Well, he wouldn't go to the GOP, but if he stopped caucusing with the Dems, they'd lose their majority and Schumer would become the Minority Leader.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Well, he wouldn't go to the GOP, but if he stopped caucusing with the Dems, they'd lose their majority and Schumer would become the Minority Leader.
    Ditching schumer right now might add two years to the survival of America before the collapse . So , I doubt it .
    Do something Danke

If he wanted to leave the party he would have done it a long time ago.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    If he wanted to leave the party he would have done it a long time ago.
    Maybe. But if he did leave at this point, it wouldn't be the first time a politician with years in a party left it after a big fight (e.g. Arlen Specter [twice], Zell Miller, Charlie Crist), or for political expediency (e.g. Donald Trump, Rick Perry, Joe Lieberman), or both.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe. But if he did leave at this point, it wouldn't be the first time a politician with years in a party left it after a big fight (e.g. Arlen Specter [twice], Zell Miller, Charlie Crist), or for political expediency (e.g. Donald Trump, Rick Perry, Joe Lieberman), or both.
    Well I highly doubt he would register as a Republican. At best, he'd become an independent. Most likely, he'll continue to be a Democrat.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 10-20-2021 at 01:32 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Well I highly doubt he would register as a Republican. At best, he'd become an independent. Most likely, he'll continue to be a Democrat.
    problem i see if he changes anything is his re election . Unless he just wants to primary biden - harris , he could win that .
    Do something Danke

I was thinking of shelby .
    Do something Danke

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...eal-exclusive/

This may be a stunt for political leverage, but man, this would be great news!
    Or this could be the far left pressuring Manchin to get on board with their plans.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

That means this was all a Marxist stunt to put pressure on him.

Machiavellian pricks.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee