Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Doug Wead will be available to answer your questions tomorrow

Q: I also wanted to note that a Google+ Hangout with Ron Paul would be a cool way of connecting him to the American people. I watched the one that Obama did and it was a puff piece..would love to see voters who haven't made up their mind post questions, let people vote them up or down, and have RP answer the top voted questions thoroughly.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian very good idea.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Q: Basically what these neo-cons, RINO's, Big government types are saying is.. Wars and perpectual fear is MORE important than domestic endeavors and the value of our dollar.

It is apparent that no other candidate can touch Ron in terms of economic knowledge, civil liberties, cutting spending... YET all that doesn't matter - as long as the war machine moves on.

I think we can move this angle to the forefront.

I think Ron Paul could make a compelling case in ALL of his interviews and debates if he would just say .. "I hear from the establishment GOP and the status quo media machine that they LOVE my economic positions. My positions on civil liberties and how I understand what caused the collapse of the dollar and how to fix it. None of these others can touch me in this regard, YET they have an issue with my foreign policy, so now I am marginalized by them. So one has to ask, is War and A foreign policy of aggression so valuable to you that it trumps our Economy, our civil liberties, our national security threat of our outrageous debt? Because all of these other candidates all agree that war is good yet they are terrible on everything else. So, is that our legacy as republicans? War? ..."

you get my drift.

I think if Ron Paul could draw a correlation to ALL of the candidates AND Obama to a lack of cutting spending, civil liberties and the debt - and just make the offhand comment that "our political system is hijacked by the special interests... and these candidates are proof of it."

AND MAKE SURE WHEN THEY SAY "Your foreign policy is to the left of Obama.." He corrects them And calls them out in trying to manipulate the narrative.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian It is frustrating

Q: Can Ron Paul call an economic gold summit? Invite world leaders to come talk and discuss the economic future of Keynesian economics and how to transition into Austrian economics?? Ron Paul supporters will pack the convention and show the world that we understand what is going on and we demand an honest monetary system!

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Wow, this is good.

Q: Thanks for doing this Doug! Not sure if this question is addressed yet. The beautiful thing about this election is the Libertarian movement is gaining alot of steam within the GOP. What current politicians, besides Rand Paul, do you see as younger versions of Dr. Paul that can use his momentum for future elections?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Rand Paul, Rand Paul and Rand Paul.

Q: It just occured to me that the Republican party IS the party of high taxes... for our children. All of them advocate cutting taxes, but none cutting spending, which would raise the deficit and the debt immediately. One day all the obligantions will mean higher taxes. And they always seem to want to pass on all the budget problems with social security onto the younger folks as well (raising the age of retirement, means testing, ect...).

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Sad. huh?

Q: Doug, Any plans to have Jesse Ventura help out and campaign with Ron in Minnesota?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Not sure. I will ask the famous Matt Collins.

Q: More than any other issue, the campaign is getting really hurt by the misrepresentation of Dr. Paul's views regarding foreign policy and this is getting used for every interest that, for one reason or another, don't want Ron Paul to be the next president. If I may make a suggestion, I would offer a opinion that the campaign should advertise Ron Paul's commitment to defending America against any threat, since so many times Ron Paul's position gets represented as the "libertarian live and let live" and that Dr. Paul should know better than that and acknowledge there IS bad people in the world. Since the chosen target now is Iran, maybe an ad with Dr. Paul saying something along the lines "the right way to deal with the treat of a nuclear Iran is by intelligence gathering, spying, small elite teams and diplomacy, which I strongly defend. Trillion dollar land invasions should be our last option. I would NEVER put America in harm's way but I will make sure that we act in our defense in the smartest way possible with the less American loss of life possible in the process". Maybe Dr. Paul, if it is of his opinion as it is mine, could in a debate even stress the need for the research for the betterment of current far from perfect American anti-missile shield.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian That is the great lesson coming through today.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Q: Mr. Wead, when discussing electibility, will you advise that RCP takes the average of several polls and clearly shows that Dr. Paul outperforms Gingrich/Santorum against Obama?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian I know. Some are saying today that we need an ad that deals with this.

Q: Is there a campaign strategy for getting more delegates at a brokered convention, should it happen? I'm not sure very many people understand the process even in the party.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yes.

Q: Just for fun! http://imgur.com/2Y2wm

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Sad

Q: Mr Wead, While in Nevada this week , Maybe Ron Paul could touch on "Animal Cruelty issues" We have had horrible Wild Mustang round ups. Free wild Horses are killed for money. Maybe talk about harsher punishment for abusers. Example; That dog 'Patrick' that was thrown down a laundry shute in NY. Thanks

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian I haven't heard a lot about this. I will get it to him. Thanks.

Q: What is the best way of getting across Pauls foreign policy views to "Christians" who are hung up over Israel?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Well, I will ask Cori to put up a link of our interview with dr. paul on Israel. Most respond favorably and sart down the trail of research it prompts.

Quote Originally Posted by harikaried View Post
    Q: More than any other issue, the campaign is getting really hurt by the misrepresentation of Dr. Paul's views regarding foreign policy and this is getting used for every interest that, for one reason or another, don't want Ron Paul to be the next president. If I may make a suggestion, I would offer a opinion that the campaign should advertise Ron Paul's commitment to defending America against any threat, since so many times Ron Paul's position gets represented as the "libertarian live and let live" and that Dr. Paul should know better than that and acknowledge there IS bad people in the world. Since the chosen target now is Iran, maybe an ad with Dr. Paul saying something along the lines "the right way to deal with the treat of a nuclear Iran is by intelligence gathering, spying, small elite teams and diplomacy, which I strongly defend. Trillion dollar land invasions should be our last option. I would NEVER put America in harm's way but I will make sure that we act in our defense in the smartest way possible with the less American loss of life possible in the process". Maybe Dr. Paul, if it is of his opinion as it is mine, could in a debate even stress the need for the research for the betterment of current far from perfect American anti-missile shield.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian That is the great lesson coming through today.
    Spying and intelligence gathering? Small "elite" teams? Sounds like foreign intervention to me. Does Ron strongly defend those things?

Q: I'd like to see the campaign drive the message home that Ron Paul is the only candidate with a plan to protect seniors. None of the other candidates are serious about cutting spending, and the resulting inflation is going to lower the standard of living of seniors, and put both Medicare and Social Security in jeopardy. While disagreeing with the institution of those plans, Ron Paul is the only one with a plan to rescue them and fully fund them until a transition can be worked out. The other candidates will ignore them until they collapse.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian as a senior I agree. very good

Q: Doug, seems to me that Virginia is going to be decisive contest against Romney (since no one else is on the ballot). There is no clear advantage for Romney or Paul since Huckabee and McCain were the big winners in '08 and they both got around 5% each. Winning VA would be a huge upset and could destroy the unelectable meme for Paul. Should Ron lose, it could be over in the eyes of the intelligentsia. Any thoughts on this?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Virginia is huge. You are very astute.

Q: Hi Mr. Wead...I wanted to state what people I know are saying about Mr.Paul... They say they could vote for him if... He would address the people as saying I want to be your president becuse etc.etc... What Im saying is...in one of his debates which I watched he stated he doesnt want to be our leader to tell us what to do etc. etc. Which I get, but they dont like that he says that... They want a Leader...someone that will take the reigns and lead and want to be our president.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yes, people want leadership. maybe he could say, I will lead the way back from a tyranical dominating government.

Q: Doug- Can you please have whoever runs Dr. Paul's page update his Facebook status at least twice a day. The other candidates do it at least once a day and some times 3-4 times a day. Dr. Paul has a huge following on Facebook and I think it would help greatly to stay in front of those supporters. thank you for your time. You're doing a great job!

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian thanks, I will pass this on.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Q: Mr. Wead, Can you and the Campaign emphasize how the other Candidates are tied into the Military Industrial Complex?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...contracts.html

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Oh, this is very, very good. or sad. I will get this to jesse asap.

Q: I know a lot of media and political figures have their careers to protect, but has the campaign offered or had a chance to sit down with someone like Palin privately and explain to her the research of Pape and Scheuer? Hopefully addressing the one concern she seems to have with Dr. Paul. He needs to mention those two by name when he speaks on foreign policy. Ad targeting 2nd Amendment? He received an A+ rating from GOA.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian good point. I doubt if it has been done.

Q: Hello Doug, thanks for your work with Ron Paul. I am looking for info on the delegates. I remember seeing a clip of you saying that Gingrich and Santorum aren't on the ballots and therefore cant get enough delegates to win the ticket. Do you know if that's still the case and do you know how it breaks down? I'd like to share this info with some friends and relatives who have taken an interest to Gingrich. Ive scoured the internet for information and I can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian well they are now on the ballott in mos places but still not in virginia and not full slates in numberous other states.

Q: Well, Mr. Wead, I won't talk about the need for foreign policy emphasis, because I see you've gotten gazillions of those requests, haha. But I do think Paul needs to emphasize his electability a little more. That's another thing people are hung up over.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yes, that is the persistant message today.

Q: Hi Doug, here are some powerful points I think Dr. Paul could make. From 1776 to 1900 the USA went from 13 small colonies to an economy twice the size of any other country. We did this under a small government model. By 1900 state, local, and federal government made up a paltry 5% of the gdp. Now they make up over 40% of gdp. Big government is clearly not what made the United States the most prosperous country in the world.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Good point

Q: Did you give an introductory speech at the Iowa Straw Poll rally? I though I saw it at the time but haven't seen it since. I thought it was amazing.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yes, I was therre.

Q: Could you go into greater detail about your comment that Ron Paul and Mitt Romney will split 564 Delegates ? What states and what delegates? I need specifics.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Well, they are on almost all of them now. But still not virginia, and also not a full slate for illinois, missouri, tenn, etc.

Q: My last comment: I think the campaign in general needs to get out of "philosophy mode" and into "practical mode." Stop talking about the fundamentals so much and start talking about the practical steps Paul would take to make the country safer, more prosperous, and more free. It's time to show the people what positives are going to be accomplished and stop complaining about the current negatives.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian all very good.

Woot... Doug is going to use by ideas/statements on media interviews today! "...BANG! BANG! I am the warrior"
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Q: My suggestion for RP is he needs to turn down his intelligence to match his audience. He goes off about mal-investment and liquidating debt and low interest rates.... and the sheeple have no idea what he's talking about. He needs to explain it to the crowd like he was talking to children. For example:

"Imagine going to a diner to enjoy a hearty bowl of stew. It's so hearty that you only need one bowl and it only costs one dollar. Then one day the owner of the diner decides he needs more money for a project and he knows that raising the price of the stew would hurt business so instead he adds water to the pot. Now he has twice the amount of stew but its only half the heartiness. Is this fair to the customer who buys a bowl of stew for a dollar and now is only half full, requiring him to have to now eat two bowls of stew and pay an extra dollar? No, this is dishonest and a form of theft. Well this is what the Federal Reserve does every time they print more money, they water down our stew. And I'm the ONLY candidate up here who has been speaking out against this theft for my entire career. Do you really want to elect a president who allows the Fed to steal the very stew that you worked hard to earn and need to feed your family with? You cant water down or inflate gold backed money, but these crooks can sure run the printing presses all night."

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yes, you are right.

Q: Doug, why don't you let Ron address the MEDIA BIAS during public debates? I think it's crucial that he brings this to the surface. People really will support him for that and the media will have to take care to stop ignoring him.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian I too have encouraged him to do that. what can i say? he is a humble, honest gentleman.

Q: Doug... can we get Dr. Paul to say how much the national debt is "per person" in the debates? i think its in the 125,000 dollar range.... if people saw what they would have to pay per person it makes a big impact.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian good idea. that brings it home.

Q: Remember when Bill Kristol wanted to debate Ron on foreign policy? Any thought of having a surrogate like Mike Scheuer take on Neoconservative Bill?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian aha. i will ask. i like it.

Q: In that last debate Dr Paul had a question from a lady who lost her job. He could have done better by adding specific solutions that he would do as President instead of giving a history of how the business cycle works. Also with the Maine town halls how come Dr Paul didn't answer questions? I think he does real well in the townhalls answering the questions but not so much in the debates.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian not sure what was happening. most likely scheudling problems.

Q: Mr. Wead, the Campaign and PAC's launch ads targeted at exposing the other Candidates ("Serial Hypocrisy" targeted Newt, for example).

What are your thoughts on the Campaign or PAC's buying airtime in strategic local markets to also target an Adversary BIGGER than the GOP or other Candidates?

The Corporate Media

The ads could should biased polls, BlackOuts, how the Corporate Media downplays, lies, or marginalizes Dr. Paul, etc., which might help "wake people up'

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian oh, i would love that.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian but maybe not wise.

Q: At this point in time, after watching the florida debate, I think that Paul is severely limiting his chances by his own doing.
    When asked the question - 'would you run third party?', Paul had ample time to prepare for that one, and he still fails to give a decent
    answer that can propel him forward. He gets asked this question all the time, and the answer should have been something
    in the likes of 'Why do you keep asking me? Why don't you ask romney or gingrich or santorum? I've come in second in NH, and
    was within a small % of getting first place in Iowa. You have not given me any media attention, and treat me like I am nonexistent.
    Are you afraid of restoring america to …. ' etc..

The MSM is very predictable, and Ron can have plenty of scripted answers to their bias. We try to do everything we can to give
    Paul the chance to score, but he needs to make the final move. He also needs to work on speaking slow, and many other things.

It would be nice to get a reply on what is being done or will be done to address this.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian He should hit it out of the park.

Q: What can you do to help Dr. Paul make his answers in debate short and sweet? I really don't think the sheep who aren't informed enough can fully understand what he's talking about especially on foreign policies.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian I agree.

Q: I thought Dr. Paul did great on the last debate with his humor. I would however like to see him really go after the other candidates a little harder and emphasize that everything he has predicted has come true. 9-11, Housing market crash etc. He needs to speak directly to the voters and explain that its more of the same with the other three and that if people truly want the country saved they had better vote for him.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yep, he was funny.

Q: Doug, the biggest issue Ron Paul faces right now with the general public is their perception of his foreign policy. Instead of going on about how we shouldn't intervene in other countries, however right Dr. Paul may be about that, I think the approach should be a little different to answering the question of "Would you allow Iran to get a nuke?"... Dr. Paul should come out saying "I would not hesitate to blow Iran off the map... (wait for applause) ... As long as congress brought me the declaration of war to do so.". That stays in line with his policies, but also prevents him from being seen as weak in the minds of the more militant and fearful conservatives.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yes.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast