Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Of obsolete men, polygamous men and sex robots. The future.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    Why should a man get married when it's possible his future will be one of a debt slave? When I say debt slave: his wife will clean his clock during the divorce proceedings, he'll be forced to pay out of the nose in alimony and child support, and he'll never be able to see his kid(s) since his ex-wife will alienate them from him. And even in those events in which he DOES get custody, his wife can just abduct the kid(s) and get away with it (it's happened MANY times before).

What kind of a future is THAT for the American Man?!
    Or, a man could just choose the person he'd like to marry, and bring children into the world with, carefully.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    Or, a man could just choose the person he'd like to marry, and bring children into the world with, carefully.
    The problem is that even the most Disney-like relationship, in which the wife and husband ARE compatible, can crumble later on.

I really think married couples use divorce as an easy way out, personally. But we live in a no-fault divorce world, and in that world, the system is unfair to men and boys.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Men will be the first to go.

But before you women start crowing, you'll not be far behind.

Artificial wombs and eggs are already proven technology.
    False. There has been no successful replication of the human womb in modern science yet... and good luck getting the studies to increase, as current law usually limits a fetus to grow only 10-14 days. Imagine the outrage of pro-lifers if suddenly a 3mo old fetus was allowed to be studied in utero, and then killed for more study. How about 5mos, 7mos, and then eventually to full term. Not anytime soon. I don't want to imagine what will go wrong to the "guinea pig" babies, or what they will endure...

Even beyond being able to successfully "grow" a child in an artificial womb, there are other problems. I'm going to stop here and TL;DR myself and just state that pregnancy and birth is such, such a complicated process that science hasn't even grasped how it occurs naturally. The idea of an artificial womb is a great topic for science fiction... but only that. If artificial wombs do become reality, they will first be used to help women who can not become pregnant naturally, or have physical limitations.

That said, the day a child emerges from a plastic shell, without the love and devotion of a mother to her body for 9mos, how it is often portrayed in popular science fiction... that's the day I will give up on science. But I will be long dead before that day occurs, or so I hope.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstellar View Post
    was polygamy outlawed when united states was first founded?

when exactly did evolution in united states slow down is a question of great interest
    I'm pretty sure it was always illegal, Utah could not become a state until the LDS church officially renounced polygamy and made it against the law.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Edward777 View Post
    Many men are finding substitutes for their male drives and this will only increase as technology provides new alternatives -- like sex robots that look human, feel human and will have artificial intelligence.
    I think we'll eventually reach a point where you pick a model number from a catalouge. They will be perfect, and they will never age; always faithful. I can see why it's enticing for men.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

False. There has been no successful replication of the human womb in modern science yet... and good luck getting the studies to increase, as current law usually limits a fetus to grow only 10-14 days. Imagine the outrage of pro-lifers if suddenly a 3mo old fetus was allowed to be studied in utero, and then killed for more study. How about 5mos, 7mos, and then eventually to full term. Not anytime soon. I don't want to imagine what will go wrong to the "guinea pig" babies, or what they will endure...

Even beyond being able to successfully "grow" a child in an artificial womb, there are other problems. I'm going to stop here and TL;DR myself and just state that pregnancy and birth is such, such a complicated process that science hasn't even grasped how it occurs naturally. The idea of an artificial womb is a great topic for science fiction... but only that. If artificial wombs do become reality, they will first be used to help women who can not become pregnant naturally, or have physical limitations.

That said, the day a child emerges from a plastic shell, without the love and devotion of a mother to her body for 9mos, how it is often portrayed in popular science fiction... that's the day I will give up on science. But I will be long dead before that day occurs, or so I hope.
    I did not say human.

Growing Babies: The Ethics of Artificial Wombs

Published November 13, 2012 | By Chris Gyngell

http://blog.practicalethics.ox.ac.uk...ificial-wombs/

Earlier this year, scientists published a study that detailed the successful use of an artificial uterus to bring shark embryos to term. Once ‘birthed’ the shark pups showed no detrimental effects as a result of having gone through development in an artificial setting.

Get used to it.

Men are toast, we'll be obsolete in twenty more years.

Women might take forty.

You'll be alive to see it.

And you'll weep for the future, just like I do.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-26-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Czolgosz View Post
    Population control.
    That's all feminism has ever been about.

So this is in the future? I thought Callista Gingrich was a Stepford Wife FemBot.

We get it. Girls are icky.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

I did not say human.

Get used to it.

Men are toast, we'll be obsolete in twenty more years.

Women might take forty.

You'll be alive to see it.

And you'll weep for the future, just like I do.
    Artificial wombs sound like something coming out of a sci-fi movie, but even if such things were to become real, this would be good for gay male couples. They wouldn't have to go through the whole sperm bank process. Not to mention the numerous heterosexual couples who can't have children.

There's a valid and legitimate interest in the continuation of human life. Anything aimed toward furthering that goal should be encouraged, IMO.
    Last edited by PaleoPaul; 09-27-2013 at 11:16 AM.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    But we live in a no-fault divorce world, and in that world, the system is unfair to men and boys.
    Blah, blah, blah...

Be the man every woman wants and you don't worry about an "unfair system". I didn't get married because of a system, I won't get divorced because of one. If my wife ever wanted to leave, it'd be because I stopped convincing her that marrying me was the best thing she's ever done. And that ain't gonna happen.

Sure, the system makes things easier for dumb people. That's what government systems are there for - to allow stupid people to avoid responsibility. But that also makes it easier for good men to rise above it.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Ultimately if more women get into same-sex relationships then that helps eugenics: single women wanting to be parents does too. You see, such women will turn to sperm banks. Most donors are selected based on their health and intelligence. So babies to such women will be smarter and healthier than children to the average Joe.
    Over generations selective breeding like this will narrow the gene pool and lead to unintentional inbreeding.

there are a lot of sources of pride,

other than gender that one could endow oneself with. the behavior of some feminists almost makes me wonder whether those venues are not available to them. if i walked around touting my manliness as the source of pride, that would really mean i have hit the rock bottom, and it's just interesting some people may already be there too long to realize the irony itself when they constantly refer to their bottom common denominator.

scarcity means value,

so a bottom-common denominator is value-less.. how do you endow 50% of the population with a comparative value? it becomes worthless. feminists would have me worry that they are really on the rise when they stop mentioning hilarity of 'women's pride'. but i mean it's been how long now, 21 centuries? it does seem that step one is posing great obstacles
    Last edited by jtstellar; 09-27-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Ultimately if more women get into same-sex relationships then that helps eugenics: single women wanting to be parents does too. You see, such women will turn to sperm banks. Most donors are selected based on their health and intelligence. So babies to such women will be smarter and healthier than children to the average Joe.

Think this is all by accident???
    Thinking that intelligence is inherited is an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    This statement is profoundly ignorant. You would posit that heterosexual women having trouble finding a suitable mate would magically become homosexual?
    Given the explosive growth of female homosexuality over the past five years since you wrote that, I would say, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Be the man every woman wants.
    Yes, I should be what she wants.

Riggggggght.

She brings nothing to the table, nothing of value, except a $#@!ty attitude, worn out genitalia that quite literally may have had a quarter mile of dick run through it, and a resting bitch face.

There are millions and millions just like her.

I hope that my son takes my advice: do not be the "man every woman wants" - that's a losing game and fool's bargain.

Be true to yourself, be courageous, honest, loyal for you and be the man you want to be.

Have no truck with woemen.

1 Corinthians 7:1

"Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry"
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-07-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    We get it. Girls are icky.

Blah, blah, blah...

Be the man every woman wants and you don't worry about an "unfair system". I didn't get married because of a system, I won't get divorced because of one. If my wife ever wanted to leave, it'd be because I stopped convincing her that marrying me was the best thing she's ever done. And that ain't gonna happen.

Sure, the system makes things easier for dumb people. That's what government systems are there for - to allow stupid people to avoid responsibility. But that also makes it easier for good men to rise above it.

Wow I missed this thread way back. But it deserves a "well said" + rep, and a bump.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Not anytime soon...I suppose that's subjective, looking back five years.

But what was that you were saying?

Artificial sperm and wombs offer new means of reproduction

Scientists produce mice pups from synthetic sperm and eggs — and grow lambs in biobags

https://www.ft.com/content/0f9b51d6-...e-a7c1c7c13aab

Clive Cookson
    DECEMBER 8, 2017

Louise Brown, the world’s first “test-tube baby”, was conceived 40 years ago when Patrick Steptoe and Robert Edwards fertilised her mother’s egg with her father’s sperm in a laboratory dish. In vitro fertilisation, the field that they founded, has enabled millions of people worldwide to overcome infertility and have healthy babies.

IVF has improved substantially since 1978 — for example through technology that injects sperm directly into the egg — but some forms of infertility remain untreatable. A couple in which the man produces no sperm or the woman has no eggs cannot have a baby without a donor.

Now science is pointing the way to more radical treatments for cases of infertility in which sperm or eggs are absent or too low in quality for today’s IVF techniques to work. Experiments with mice show that synthetic sperm and eggs can be created using stem cell technology.

The road to enabling men and women who cannot benefit from IVF to have children, will be long and difficult but the mouse studies suggest that this will eventually be possible.

The first successful creation of functioning mouse sperm in the lab was reported last year by the Chinese Academy of Sciences Institute of Zoology. Researchers converted embryonic stem cells, which can become any type of tissue, into immature sperm cells called spermatids. These were injected into mouse eggs, which were fertilised successfully. The resulting embryos, implanted in female mice, developed into healthy pups.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-07-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Yes, I should be what she wants.

Riggggggght.

She brings nothing to the table, nothing of value, except a $#@!ty attitude, worn out genitalia that quite literally may have had a quarter mile of dick run through it, and a resting bitch face.

There are millions and millions just like her.

I hope that my son takes my advice: do not be the "man every woman wants" - that's a losing game and fool's bargain.

Be true to yourself, be courageous, honest, loyal for you and be the man you want to be.

Have no truck with woemen.

1 Corinthians 7:1

"Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry"

1 Corinthians 7:1-6 (KJV)

7 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.

5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

6 But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was always illegal, Utah could not become a state until the LDS church officially renounced polygamy and made it against the law.
    Pretty sure that was the Roman Empire.. Polygamy was still common outside the empire.
    The laws and habits just came with the settlers.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Proverbs 22:14 The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the Lord shall fall therein.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-07-2018 at 02:28 PM.

I knew some girls once,,

but that's another story.,, or two
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Proverbs 23:14 The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the Lord shall fall therein.
    ???

Proverbs 23:14 (KJV)
    “Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.”

ETA: It is 22:14

Proverbs 22:14 Context

11He that loveth pureness of heart, for the grace of his lips the king shall be his friend. 12The eyes of the LORD preserve knowledge, and he overthroweth the words of the transgressor. 13The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets. 14The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the LORD shall fall therein. 15Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him. 16He that oppresseth the poor to increase his riches, and he that giveth to the rich, shall surely come to want. 17Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge.
    Last edited by donnay; 01-07-2018 at 02:25 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    ???

Proverbs 23:14 (KJV)
    “Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.”

ETA: It is 22:14

Proverbs 22:14 Context

11He that loveth pureness of heart, for the grace of his lips the king shall be his friend. 12The eyes of the LORD preserve knowledge, and he overthroweth the words of the transgressor. 13The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets. 14The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the LORD shall fall therein. 15Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him. 16He that oppresseth the poor to increase his riches, and he that giveth to the rich, shall surely come to want. 17Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge.
    Yes, a typo on my part.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-07-2018 at 02:32 PM.

I think that is the way it SHOULD be. But its not.

One of the reasons I think we have gotten to this point is men now see marriage and kids as more of a risk than something that provides true meaning to their life. The problem is that men are being made obsolete. An average guy can not compete with a govt that is willing to act as a Surrogate Husband. But this only addresses one way that people define themselves. Our self definition comes from several points of view, Physical, Emotional, Intellectual, Financial, Educational, Political, Enviornmental, Reputational, and Spiritual. For example, Welfare and Child Support are rewards and incentives for females to ditch their baby daddys and rely on govt as the Surrogate Husband to handle financial support. Emotional support for the female comes from validation from tv and news instead of a social support structure that provides meaningful points of view.

People would be better off if they determined their own relationships without govt interference, because as usual, the govt solution to any problem tends to be worse than the problem itself. People will always have relationship problems. I think it is best if the incentives for making things worse are removed.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I didn't get married because of a system, I won't get divorced because of one.
    Sure you did, a system just as pervasive and now corrupt as all powerful government.

And if you do, yes you will.

Your worth will not be decided by the wife that is leaving you, but by that very "system" you are failing to see.

Men are more likely than women to take "idiotic" risks.

Idiotic risks, like attempting to break the sound barrier which cost the lives of many test pilots. Idiotic risks, such as lighting the tail end of a rocket on fire and catapulting himself into outer space. Idiotic risks, like building an armada of ships to cross the world's most tempestuous oceans in order to definitively answer the question for all of humanity that the world is, indeed, round.

These "idiotic risks" which men have taken afford women the luxury of boarding an aircraft and flying from New York to Los Angeles in 4.5 hours - while never once needing to take an interest in the basic operating principles of a jet engine. She can't explain thrust to weight ratios, but she will complain the flight was delayed 30 minutes.

Today, you can still see modern women contemplating the shape of the Earth... even though the question has been answered by men centuries ago, and most civilized 6 year-olds have already seen a globe in a classroom. Is this why anyone who says "women are smarter than men" will receive an automatic round of applause?

A modern man of mediocre intelligence can at least begin to speculate the world is round by observing the way the moon casts light and shadows exactly like a sphere. The shadow of the Earth on the moon is round during a lunar Eclipse, and when observing other planets, he will notice they are all spherical in shape. Our sun also appears circular at all angles, and so too is the motion of the night sky when photographed using an apparatus created by other men.

Modern men are not as exceptionally stupid as TIME magazine pretends. A growing population of men will refuse to subscribe to the utter nonsense perpetuated in the culture, the media, magazines, on television, or in society at large. They are passionately curious, will question everything, and are fundamental seekers of the truth - no matter how painful the truth may be. They are the men who will choose and prefer to go their own way, independent of what we are subjected to on a daily basis. Always have and always will, because if men didn't do it, who else would?

"Men are more likely than women to take idiotic risks".

Isn't that called a "wage gap"? Or is it an accomplishment gap.

If scientific study reveals "men are more likely than women to take idiotic risks", then it must also be acknowledged that men are more likely than women to be congratulated on their successes as a result of taking those risks.

That kind of a pro-male acknowledgement will be often skewed by many to mean something "anti-female". The very same publishers at TIME® who proudly call men "idiots" will even say a man's right ( to stand up for himself and not be beaten down ) is somehow "toxic and misogynistic", and can be found in their very own "sexism" section.

Men are no longer revered or respected on a most basic level for their contributions and past sacrifices, and are now reduced to "idiots" for that. The recent cultural explosion of MGTOW should have long been expected in the face of this kind of nonsense which is force-fed to the sheeple who will buy it by the trough.

Men Going Their Own Way have now learned and adapted.

It is simply not worth taking idiotic risks anymore.

And since taking idiotic risks is the mark of an idiot, then NOT taking them makes a man SMART.

How ironic and appropriate that the very thing men have been accused of, is now something more men are quite happy to avoid. An ever expanding population of men have quite simply had enough of watching other men laying down their lives for pointless reasons, and giving their life's labour for some greater good that just doesn't exist anymore. Perhaps it never did.

Men have decided "the greater good" means something else, and it doesn't include their own disposability. When a cost/benefit analysis reveals there is no benefit, it doesn't take a genius to remove himself from the equation. In this kind of climate, a smart man does not effectively show his value by giving more, or by working harder. He shows his value by removing himself entirely. It requires no effort to make the same impact.

(Think of Boxer the horse from Animal Farm - After giving a lifetime of effort to achieve the society dictated to him, he is led off to an ignominious death at a knacker's yard to be turned into glue. - AF)

Great men of history have already given enough, so the modern man can afford to take a century off.

"Don't just do something. Stand there." - Clint Eastwood

The MGTOW first law of motion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12