Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cohen's plea deal is prosecutor's attempt to set up Trump

Cohen's plea deal is prosecutor's attempt to set up Trump

Cohen's plea deal is prosecutor's attempt to set up Trump
    By Mark Penn — 08/22/18

Here we go, from Russia with love to campaign finance with love.

Why was Michael Cohen investigated? Because the “Steele dossier” had him making secret trips to meet with Russians that never happened, so his business dealings got a thorough scrubbing and, in the process, he fell into the special counsel’s Manafort bin — the bin reserved for squeezing until the juice comes out. And now we are back to 1998 all over again, with presidents and presidential candidates covering up their alleged marital misdeeds and prosecutors trying to turn legal acts into illegal ones by inventing new crimes.

The plot to get President Trump out of office thickens, as Cohen obviously was his own mini-crime syndicate and decided that his betrayals of Trump meant he would be better served turning on his old boss to cut the best deal with prosecutors he could rather than holding out and getting the full Manafort treatment. That was clear the minute he hired attorney Lanny Davis, who doesn’t try cases and did past work for Hillary Clinton. Cohen had recorded his client, trying to entrap him, sold information about Trump (while acting as his lawyer) to corporations for millions of dollars, and didn’t pay taxes on millions.

The sweetener for the prosecutors, of course, was getting Cohen to plead guilty to campaign finance violations that were not campaign finance violations. Money paid to people who come out of the woodwork and shake down people under threat of revealing bad sexual stories are not legitimate campaign expenditures. They are personal expenditures. That is true for both candidates we like and candidates we don’t. Just imagine if candidates used campaign funds instead of their own money to pay folks like Stormy Daniels to keep quiet about affairs; they would get indicted for misuse of campaign funds for personal purposes and for tax evasion.

There appear to be two payments involved in this unusual plea — Cohen pleaded guilty to a campaign finance violation for having “coordinated” the American Media Inc. payment to Karen McDougal for her story, not for actually making the payment. So he is pleading guilty over a corporate contribution he did not make.

...What’s clear in this plea deal is that, in exchange for overall leniency on his massive tax evasion, Cohen is pleading guilty to these other charges as an attempt to give prosecutors what they want — a Trump connection.
    Contrast what is going on here with the treatment of the millions of dollars paid to a Democratic law firm which, in turn, paid out money to political research firm Fusion GPS and British ex-spy Christopher Steele without listing them on any campaign expenditure form — despite crystal-clear laws and regulations that the ultimate beneficiaries of the funds must be listed. This rule was even tightened recently. There is no question that hiring spies to do opposition research in Russia is a campaign expenditure, and yet, no prosecutorial raids have been sprung on the law firm, Fusion GPS or Steele. Reason: It does not “get” Trump.
    And let’s not forget that Clinton was entrapped into lying about his affairs and, although impeached, was acquitted by the Senate. The lesson was clear: We are not going to remove presidents for lying about who they had affairs with, nor even convict politicians on campaign finance violations for these personal payments.

With Cohen pleading guilty, there will be no test of soundness of the prosecution theories here, and it is yet another example of the double standards of justice of one investigation that gave Clinton aides and principals every benefit of the doubt and another investigation that targeted Trump people until they found unrelated crimes to use as leverage. Prosecutors thought nothing of using the Logan Act against former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn and, now, obscure and unsettled elements of campaign finance law against Trump lawyer Cohen to manufacture crimes in what is a naked attempt to take Trump down and defeat democracy.

Donald Trump should do a better job of picking aides who pay their taxes — but he’s not responsible for their financial problems and crimes. These investigations, essentially based on an opposition-funded dossier, were never anything other than an attempt to push into a corner as many Trump aides and family members as possible and shake them down until they could get close enough to Trump to try to take him down.
    Paying for nondisclosure agreements for perfectly legal activities is not a crime, not a campaign contribution as commonly understood or ruled upon by the FEC — and squeezing guilty pleas out of vulnerable witnesses does not change those facts.
    More: http://thehill.com/opinion/white-hou...o-set-up-trump
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quick summary of interesting part:

The prosecutors were able to get Cohen to plead guilty to something that is by no means a clear violation of any law. In fact, it is something that prosecutors have not been able to prosecute successfully in the past, and that the FEC did not consider a violation of campaign law in the 2012 John Edwards case.

Thus, they can use this false confession to paint Trump as guilty of the same non-crime.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Sounds good to me. I am sure the judge will weigh in on this. My gut feeling is the judge will say Trump is in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post

"...is a threat to our democracy". Oh democracy whores, where's the threat again? The so called "intelligence community" needs to go...

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I wanted to post this article as well. A good summary and reflects my same thoughts on the topic.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Maybe Cohen took the plea deal knowing full well it would not implicate Trump.

I do campaign finance reporting, and this statement is wrong:
    Money paid to people who come out of the woodwork and shake down people under threat of revealing bad sexual stories are not legitimate campaign expenditures. They are personal expenditures.
    If the money is spent to affect the results of an election, then it is considered a campaign expense. I can't play this game at their level, nor will I pretend to. But if I were involved in this, I would have reported it if the candidate told me it was a payment to prevent her from speaking out and dissuading voters. If the candidate said it was to keep the wife and kids from finding out, I wouldn't report it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The whole thing reeks of a witch hunt. I hope the dirty bastards fall on their face.
    "The Patriarch"

... and then there's this tidbit from Qanan from yesterday (if you're into that sort of thing)...

I am passing this on from someone who's connecting some dots with input from sources he cannot reveal.
    Here's what it looks like when all the pieces are sewn together
    It smells like conspiracy and treason. Everyone needs to read this. Slowly, and patiently, because it’s very important......
    From 2001 to 2005 there was an ongoing investigation into the Clinton Foundation.
    A Grand Jury had been impanelled.
    Governments from around the world had donated to the “Charity”.
    Yet, from 2001 to 2003 none of those “Donations” to the Clinton Foundation were declared. Now you would think that an honest investigator would be able to figure this out.
    Look who took over this investigation in 2005: None other than James Comey; Coincidence? Guess who was transferred into the Internal Revenue Service to run the Tax Exemption Branch of the IRS? None other than, Lois “Be on The Look Out” (BOLO) Lerner. Isn’t that interesting?
    But this is all just a series of strange coincidences, right?
    Guess who ran the Tax Division inside the Department of Injustice from 2001 to 2005?
    No other than the Assistant Attorney General of the United States,
    Rod Rosenstein.
    Guess who was the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation during this time frame?
    Another coincidence (just an anomaly in statistics and chances), but it was Robert Mueller.
    What do all four casting characters have in common?
    They all were briefed and/or were front-line investigators into the Clinton Foundation Investigation.
    Another coincidence, right?
    Fast forward to 2009....
    James Comey leaves the Justice Department to go and cash-in at Lockheed Martin.
    Hillary Clinton is running the State Department, official government business, on her own personal email server.
    The Uranium One “issue” comes to the attention of the Hillary.
    Like all good public servants do, supposedly looking out for America’s best interest, she decides to support the decision and approve the sale of 20% of US Uranium to no other than, the Russians.
    Now you would think that this is a fairly straight up deal, except it wasn’t, America got absolutely nothing out of it.
    However, prior to the sales approval, no other than Bill Clinton goes to Moscow, gets paid 500K for a one hour speech; then meets with Vladimir Putin at his home for a few hours.
    Ok, no big deal right? Well, not so fast, the FBI had a mole inside the money laundering and bribery scheme.
    Robert Mueller was the FBI Director during this time frame? Yep, He even delivered a Uranium Sample to Moscow in 2009.
    Who was handling that case within the Justice Department out of the US Attorney’s Office in Maryland?
    None other than, Rod Rosenstein. And what happened to the informant?
    The Department of Justice placed a GAG order on him and threatened to lock him up if he spoke out about it.
    How does 20% of the most strategic asset of the United States of America end up in Russian hands when the FBI has an informant, a mole providing inside information to the FBI on the criminal enterprise?
    Very soon after; the sale was approved!~145 million dollars in “donations” made their way into the Clinton Foundation from entities directly connected to the Uranium One deal.
    Guess who was still at the Internal Revenue Service working the Charitable Division? None other than, - Lois Lerner.
    Ok, that’s all just another series of coincidences, nothing to see here, right?
    Let’s fast forward to 2015.
    Due to a series of tragic events in Benghazi and after the 9 “investigations” the House, Senate and at State Department, Trey Gowdy who was running the 10th investigation as Chairman of the Select Committee on Benghazi discovers that the Hillary ran the State Department on an unclassified, unauthorized, outlaw personal email server.He also discovered that none of those emails had been turned over when she departed her “Public Service” as Secretary of State which was required by law. He also discovered that there was Top Secret information contained within her personally archived email.
    Sparing you the State Departments cover up, the nostrums they floated, the delay tactics that were employed and the outright lies that were spewed forth from the necks of the Kerry State Department, we shall leave it with this…… they did everything humanly possible to cover for Hillary. .
    Now this is amazing, guess who became FBI Director in 2013? None other than James Comey; who secured 17 no bid contracts for his employer (Lockheed Martin) with the State Department and was rewarded with a six million dollar thank you present when he departed his employer? Amazing how all those no-bids just went right through at State, huh?
    Now he is the FBI Director in charge of the “Clinton Email Investigation” after of course his FBI Investigates the Lois Lerner “Matter” at the Internal Revenue Service and he exonerates her. Nope.... couldn’t find any crimes there.
    In April 2016, James Comey drafts an exoneration letter of Hillary Rodham Clinton, meanwhile the DOJ is handing out immunity deals like candy.They didn’t even convene a Grand Jury!
    Like a lightning bolt of statistical impossibility, like a miracle from God himself, like the true “Gangsta” Comey is, James steps out into the cameras of an awaiting press conference on July the 8th of 2016, and exonerates the Hillary from any wrongdoing.
    Do you see the pattern?
    It goes on and on, Rosenstein becomes Asst. Attorney General,Comey gets fired based upon a letter by Rosenstein, Comey leaks government information to the press, Mueller is assigned to the Russian Investigation sham by Rosenstein to provide cover for decades of malfeasance within the FBI and DOJ and the story continues.
    FISA Abuse, political espionage..... pick a crime, any crime, chances are...... this group and a few others did it:
    All the same players.
    All compromised and conflicted.
    All working fervently to NOT go to jail themselves
    All connected in one way or another to the Clinton's.
    They are like battery acid; they corrode and corrupt everything they touch.How many lives have these two destroyed?
    As of this writing, the Clinton Foundation, in its 20+ years of operation of being the largest International Charity Fraud in the history of mankind, has never been audited by the Internal Revenue Service.
    Let us not forget that Comey's brother works for DLA Piper, the law firm that does the Clinton Foundation's taxes.
    The person that is the common denominator to all the crimes above and still doing her evil escape legal maneuvers at the top of the 3 Letter USA Agencies?
    Yep, that would be Hillary R. Clinton.
    Now who is LISA BARSOOMIAN? Let’s learn a little about Mrs. Lisa H. Barsoomian’s background.
    Lisa H. Barsoomian, an Attorney that graduated from Georgetown Law, is a protégé of James Comey and Robert Mueller.
    Barsoomian, with her boss R. Craig Lawrence, represented Bill Clinton in 1998.
    Lawrence also represented:
    Robert Mueller three times;
    James Comey five times;
    Barack Obama 45 times;
    Kathleen Sebelius 56 times;
    Bill Clinton 40 times; and
    Hillary Clinton 17 times.
    Between 1998 and 2017, Barsoomian herself represented the FBI at least five times.
    You may be saying to yourself, OK, who cares? Who cares about the work history of this Barsoomian woman?
    Apparently, someone does, because someone out there cares so much that they’ve “purged” all Barsoomian court documents for her Clinton representation in Hamburg vs. Clinton in 1998 and its appeal in 1999 from the DC District and Appeals Court dockets (?). Someone out there cares so much that even the internet has been “purged” of all information pertaining to Barsoomian.
    Historically, this indicates that the individual is a protected CIA operative. Additionally, Lisa Barsoomian has specialized in opposing Freedom of Information Act requests on behalf of the intelligence community. Although Barsoomian has been involved in hundreds of cases representing the DC Office of the US Attorney, her email address is Lisa Barsoomian at NIH.gov. The NIH stands for National Institutes of Health. This is a tactic routinely used by the CIA to protect an operative by using another government organization to shield their activities.
    It’s a cover, so big deal right? What does one more attorney with ties to the US intelligence community really matter?
    It deals with Trump and his recent tariffs on Chinese steel and aluminum imports, the border wall, DACA, everything coming out of California, the Uni-party unrelenting opposition to President Trump, the Clapper leaks, the Comey leaks, Attorney General Jeff Sessions recusal and subsequent 14 month nap with occasional forays into the marijuana legalization mix …. and last but not least Mueller’s never-ending investigation into collusion between the Trump team and-the Russians.
    Why does Barsoomian, CIA operative, merit any mention?
    BECAUSE….
    She is Assistant Attorney General Rod Rosenstein’s WIFE!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/greatawaken...ing_some_dots/

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "...is a threat to our democracy". Oh democracy whores, where's the threat again? The so called "intelligence community" needs to go...
    How long before Kim Jong-un reminds us that's not what democracy is supposed to look like.

How the hell can you set up an alpha male like Trump? He's already 1000 steps ahead of everyone.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Maybe Cohen took the plea deal knowing full well it would not implicate Trump.
    The art of the plea deal??

Seriously, this whole side show isn’t even entertaining. I don’t give a shyte about campaigning rules. People spend money to influence voters all the time. No one is violating anyone liberty here. I have no sympathy for any of these slimeballs who play the government games but there aren’t any victims so there’s no crime.

Mostly, I just don’t pay attention since it doesn’t affect my life in the least.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    The whole thing reeks of a witch hunt. I hope the dirty bastards fall on their face.
    I agree and I'm not a Trumpista.

I don't know the details of this enough because a.) who the f has time for that; b.) it's honestly boring; and c.) I'm unflinchingly confident that every other mutha-f###er that's ever tossed his/her/it's hat in the ring has done the same and/or worse.

What cocks me off about the whole sordid business is that the 2 measly things Trump has probably accidentally done to the positive - that being the tax cuts and the up-to-this-point-lack-of-a-new-war for we the sheeple to go bleed and if need be die in - will have either or both been discredited and cast to the ash bin of American history.

And frankly, as for my so-called brethren in the "liberty movement" who went in for this horribly flawed figure, I'll be holding it against YOU, specifically. To whatever large or small degree, you'll be responsible for hitching this wagon to a train wreck waiting to happen. Any moron should have seen it coming.

Hock-ptui.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    I agree and I'm not a Trumpista.

I don't know the details of this enough because a.) who the f has time for that; b.) it's honestly boring; and c.) I'm unflinchingly confident that every other mutha-f###er that's ever tossed his/her/it's hat in the ring has done the same and/or worse.

What cocks me off about the whole sordid business is that the 2 measly things Trump has probably accidentally done to the positive - that being the tax cuts and the up-to-this-point-lack-of-a-new-war for we the sheeple to go bleed and if need be die in - will have either or both been discredited and cast to the ash bin of American history.

And frankly, as for my so-called brethren in the "liberty movement" who went in for this horribly flawed figure, I'll be holding it against YOU, specifically. To whatever large or small degree, you'll be responsible for hitching this wagon to a train wreck waiting to happen. Any moron should have seen it coming.

Hock-ptui.
    Eh, they would have done this to anyone else. They beat the newsletter dead horse until Ron Paul's campaign was effectively halted. CNN is now the "what did Trump do wrong today?" channel. Over, and over, and over, again until it becomes truth. If I had a penny for every time someone on CNN or MSNBC says the name "Trump" I could retire in about 30 minutes. As if nothing else in the world happened today. Just Trump doing stuff.

Hillary was supposed to win. Instead they got some loose cannon they can't reliably control. Of course, we can't control him either.

I'll take it.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-22-2018 at 05:21 PM.
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Eh, they would have done this to anyone else. They beat the newsletter dead horse until Ron Paul's campaign was effectively halted. CNN is now the "what did Trump do wrong today?" channel. Over, and over, and over, again until it becomes truth. If I had a penny for every time someone on CNN or MSNBC says the name "Trump" I could retire in about 30 minutes.

Hillary was supposed to win. Instead they got some loose cannon they can't reliably control. Of course, we can't control him either.

I'll take it.
    Ron's campaign wasn't going anywhere well before the newsletters came out. That was more about painting libertarians as racists.

This was a case of (so-called) libertarians committing sepuku out of ignorance, rather than honor. There's no dignity in that... just stupidity and waste.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Ron's campaign wasn't going anywhere well before the newsletters came out. That was more about painting libertarians as racists.
    And, if Ron had won, do you think they would have:

A) Stopped talking about the newsletters and started making objective, non-agenda-driven news headlines regarding his presidency (i.e. real journalism) or . .
    B) Basically done what they're doing to Trump until something stuck

That's all I'm sayin. I'm still less concerned about what Trump does than what the MSM does. Trump will be gone in 2 (6?) years and we'll still have this bull$#@! propaganda machine to contend with. It's a much bigger threat IMO.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-22-2018 at 05:38 PM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Obama paid almost a half a million $ in FEC fines for campaign finance violations.

These were investigated by the FEC. The former head of the FEC has said that the payment to Stormy was NOT a campaign contribution.

Who in their right mind thinks this is an impeachable offense anyway? Stupid leftists.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

One school of thought among the president’s allies — among them, former chief strategist Stephen Bannon — is that the best tactic to spur turnout among Republicans in the midterms is to cast the election as a referendum on whether the president should be impeached.
    Michael Caputo, a longtime Trump friend, said Cohen’s u-turn could at least sharpen the sense of how high the stakes are in November.
    “It’s the first time that the president has been implicated by anyone, so obviously it is a bad day,” Caputo said. But at the same time, “it puts the idea of impeachment squarely on the agenda…The message [in the midterms] is vote for a Democrat to impeach the president and vote for a Republican to stop impeachment.”

More at: http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...mp-fights-back

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

An online fundraiser to help President Trump's former personal attorney Michael Cohen pay his legal fees has raised more than $120,000 in one day.
    Nearly two thousand people have donated to the GoFundMe page, which was set up by Cohen's attorney, Lanny Davis, and which has a goal of $500,000.
    "On July 2, 2018, Michael Cohen declared his independence from Donald Trump and his commitment to tell the truth. On August 21, Michael Cohen made the decision to take legal responsibility and to continue his commitment to tell the truth," the page's description reads.
    "Michael decided to put his family and his country first. Now Michael needs your financial help -- to pay his legal fees. The Michael Cohen Truth Fund is a transparent trust account, with all donations going to help Michael Cohen and his family as he goes forward on his journey to tell the truth about Donald Trump," it continues.

More at: http://thehill.com/homenews/news/403...000-in-one-day

Does anyone else detect a pattern here?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Yup. This concerted propaganda campaign is purely about self-preservation. But does Trump possess the courage to play this forbidden card? I'm skeptical. If he plays this card, his immediate family could go missing.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Who in their right mind thinks this is an impeachable offense anyway?
    An impeachable offense is whatever the House says it is.

It's purely political.

Many people would like to impeach Trump (albeit generally for the wrong reasons), and they vote, so we'll see what happens.

Personally, despite Trump being a plague, I'm opposed to impeachment (unless by the GOP), since this would only make a martyr of him.

Better that he loses an election.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One school of thought among the president’s allies — among them, former chief strategist Stephen Bannon — is that the best tactic to spur turnout among Republicans in the midterms is to cast the election as a referendum on whether the president should be impeached.
    Michael Caputo, a longtime Trump friend, said Cohen’s u-turn could at least sharpen the sense of how high the stakes are in November.
    “It’s the first time that the president has been implicated by anyone, so obviously it is a bad day,” Caputo said. But at the same time, “it puts the idea of impeachment squarely on the agenda…The message [in the midterms] is vote for a Democrat to impeach the president and vote for a Republican to stop impeachment.”

More at: http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...mp-fights-back
    That's an interesting take on the whole deal. Impeach or not to impeach? That could be the question that gets folks voting hard come November.

wait..... maybe I need to re-word the last bit.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 08-22-2018 at 08:52 PM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I do campaign finance reporting, and this statement is wrong:

If the money is spent to affect the results of an election, then it is considered a campaign expense. I can't play this game at their level, nor will I pretend to. But if I were involved in this, I would have reported it if the candidate told me it was a payment to prevent her from speaking out and dissuading voters. If the candidate said it was to keep the wife and kids from finding out, I wouldn't report it.
    Kind of a gray area. Many personal, existing payments could be construed to “affect” an election. What if a Trump tower in a big city decided to replace a small unlit sign with a big neon one during a campaign? Campaign expense?

Ironically, we have prosecutions going both ways. Duncan Hunter prosecuted because they say campaign funds were used for personal expenses. Cohen/Trump because personal expenses are being called campaign expenses. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Come to think of it, this is the perfect law for the deep state to prosecute anybody they want.

Meanwhile, the Clinton Empire can never do any wrong, even with billions of dollars coming and going. Amazing that all of those transactions could take place with every “i” dotted and “t” crossed perfectly. No mistakes at all.

Good one. That about sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    ... and then there's this tidbit from Qanan from yesterday (if you're into that sort of thing)...

https://www.reddit.com/r/greatawaken...ing_some_dots/
    Wow, what a punchline! It seemed like many informed people would know most everything up until that final tidbit. Is this verified?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Good one. That about sums it up.
    Do you remember Mark Levin's history in relation to Ron Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Do you remember Mark Levin's history in relation to Ron Paul?
    Very well. And Hannity too. They seem to be correct on this occasion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast