Thread: Can Brass knuckles be used for Hunting?

Can Brass knuckles be used for Hunting?

@TheTexan can they?

Brass knuckles and other self-defense items will be legal in Texas starting Sept. 1

House Bill 446, authored by state Rep. Joe Moody, lifts a ban on brass knuckles and similar self-defense items.
    by Riane Roldan Aug. 28, 201912 AM

Image via iStock by Getty Images

New Texas Laws 2019
    Hundreds of new state laws take effect Sept. 1 or sooner. In this series, we take a look at a few that will impact the lives of Texans.

Had one north Texas woman not gotten into a fender bender last year, police might have never arrested her for carrying a cat-shaped self-defense keychain in her purse, and the law banning those same weapons might have gone unnoticed.
    State Rep. Joe Moody, a Democrat from El Paso, filed legislation lifting what he called an "antiquated" ban on brass knuckles last session, which the governor signed in May. The key chain — with pointy blades for ears — could have cost Kyli Phillips, who was 21 and living in Dallas at the time, $4,000 in fines and a year of jail time if she had been convicted of the misdemeanor. In late July, lawyers dismissed the case against her and canceled an upcoming court date.

Starting Sunday, when the law takes effect, brass knuckles will be legal in Texas for the first time since 1918.

In 2017, law enforcement convicted 93 people of possessing brass knuckles, according to The Dallas Morning News. Moody, a former prosecutor, said the law is often used to target young people of color.

The laws “are relics of the system that we need to turn away from,” he said. “We’re taking something out of the code that has a large potential for misuse."

The Texas Penal Code defines knuckles as "any instrument that consists of finger rings or guards made of a hard substance and that is designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by striking a person with a fist enclosed in the knuckles." They are included on a list of lethal weapons like explosives, machine guns and armor-piercing ammunition.
    Supporters of House Bill 446 said that Texans carrying knuckles and other legitimate self-defense tools shouldn’t face jail time.

"If someone has a novelty item or a legitimate self-defense tool, we really shouldn't be prosecuting them for that," Moody said. "That’s not a good use of resources."

Lawmakers have been rolling back weapons bans for the past few legislative sessions.

In 2017, Moody sponsored a bill that eliminated a 145-year-old state ban on carrying knives in public, making it possible for people to carry anything from a dagger to a machete. And in 2013, legislators removed switchblades from the banned weapons list.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They are legal here but not for hunting game governed by the king .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    They are legal here but not for hunting game governed by the king .

"the King". What about the Chief of your tribe?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    "the King". What about the Chief of your tribe?
    As Great Sagamore and War Chief I hunt what I like but for you to be legal in The Land of Indians you must pay the licensing fees to the white fathers in Indianapolis and washington DC. There are state fees and federal fees for Migratory birds some of which do not even migrate. They are sneaky like that .
    Do something Danke

Lets ask our resident 2A expert, @TheTexan

Brass knuckles? Hunting? What say you?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

It's not common, but some people do hunt grizzly bears with brass knuckles.
    @oyarde
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The Tejanos are now allowed to carry knives in public and have switchblades too . They are going to be very modern these Vaqueros with spanish land grants .
    Do something Danke

Depends on who you are hunting.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "any instrument that consists of finger rings or guards made of a hard substance and that is designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury or death
    It's an instrument designed for death and violence.

And we're unbanning it?!!!?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

OK, next question, what about Iron knuckles? Steel knuckles? etc.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    It's an instrument designed for death and violence.

And we're unbanning it?!!!?
    Christmas ideas for TheTexan :

You can use it for a paperweight.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Christmas ideas for TheTexan :

You can use it for a paperweight.
    Nice!

I think it really symbolizes the greatness of our nation and the freedom that we spread across the world
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    It's not common, but some people do hunt grizzly bears with brass knuckles.
    @oyarde
    It is a tough world out there . I was quail hunting once in Southern Indiana and ran out of ammo . The last bird I bagged that day I ran down and belly flopped on him in the corn stubble . Tasty .
    Do something Danke

OK, next question, what about Iron knuckles? Steel knuckles? etc.
    My youngest son says TSA takes them all and his flame thrower.
    Do something Danke

What kind of animal could you hunt where it would be a good idea to bring along some brass knuckles?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    What kind of animal could you hunt where it would be a good idea to bring along some brass knuckles?
    Any kind whose meat needs to be tenderized.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I used to carry my Trench knife hunting ( it has brass knuckles on the handle ) when I was young sometimes because once I got my Schrade all sharpened , clean and oiled for Sunday I did not want to risk losing it on a long recon .
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-29-2019 at 05:43 PM.
    Do something Danke