Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange email about 2016 Rand Campaign

Strange email about 2016 Rand Campaign

from Harold Irwin III ... irwinlawoffice@gmail.com

Hey, Jack! We have a mutual friend in the Liberty Movement and I was just wondering if you will be involved next time around. What do you think of Rand Paul’s chances? I am following the debate online and am a little confused by the give and take.

Thanks for any thoughts on this, Hal

I wrote:
    Who is this "mutual friend" and what makes you think this blue collar man would have any special insight?
    -Jack

I am new to all of this and some of the things online are confusing. Doug Wead suggested that I just pick people from his rolodex and start talking to them and learn from email exchanges. So that is what I am doing. Sorry to be a bother. But I am trying to learn what people are thinking. Hal

I wrote:
    Well. Doug Wead being Ron's campaign manager tells me that you randomly sent me an email from among 10s of thousands of people signed up for email updates from the campaign.

Are you being recruited to help organize a 2016 bid for Rand? I can't think of any other reason a non-activist would have a list of campaign update subscribers. If so, why? What special skills do you bring to a political campaign that couldn't be better provided by someone who has been part of the Paul r3VOJution since the beginning?

What is your motivation? If you're in it for the money, you'll be paid better by an establishment campaign. If you're in it for liberty, why so late to the party?

-Jack
    what do you RPFs think about this?
    CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    some people are trying to organize now.
    i get a lot of resistance from people. they are de-activated.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

I dont get why this guy seems so clueless. why bother emailing random people like me when any good activist would know to come to daily paul or here.
    CPT Jack. R. T.

Quote Originally Posted by Icymudpuppy View Post
    I dont get why this guy seems so clueless. why bother emailing random people like me when any good activist would know to come to daily paul or here.
    Isn't Wead promoting some MLM scheme? Although Im sure he isn't just handing out contact information to his MLM down pyramid folk....

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Isn't Wead promoting some MLM scheme? Although Im sure he isn't just handing out contact information to his MLM down pyramid folk....
    ...building a war chest?

think about this-
    we have thousands of activist in louisiana.
    how many of them come to DP or here for info?
    very few.
    a handful here, and a handful over there.
    maybe 1%.

so, i wouldn't expect many activist to be familiar with our online caucus.
    the best way to get more info is to see what the guy wants and what his plans are...

the project i'm working on requires other people to do very little, while I do the heavy lifting... and even then- its hard to get people to get onboard.

i sent out an email to our state delegation in my congressional district, a couple of people were downright vulgar about any effort on behalf of rand.
    apparently, they are going back to sitting at home and bitchin' as a solution.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

You can write-off the daily paul in that endeavor.

so you think this guy is legit?
    CPT Jack. R. T.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    so you think this guy is legit?

i'm sure you can find out without giving away too much info.
    there are people still getting things ready for 2016, so it could be legit.

So now the truth comes out. He is promoting a pyramid sales operation.

I WROTE:
    I recommend you go to www.ronpaulforums.com to get a feeling for some of the real activists.

Personally, I’m a bit pessimistic. Rand will have all the same hurdles Ron had. A media that refuses to acknowledge he is even running. A party that has no interest in his ideas, only in duping his voters into supporting an establishment candidate. Powerful lobbies opposed to his very presence on the national stage.

Hal WROTE:
    Good luck.Jack - I will do that. In the meantime, in the last month or so, I agreed to help Ronnie Paul and Doug Wead set up their Isagenix business. They are putting this Liberty network together. Please don't share this link.

link broken

The idea is to get some of the liberty folks in position in this tree of Isagenix and then go public in February and have some money flowing into liberty people. That's the idea. Maybe you would like to join us! Hal
    CPT Jack. R. T.

Naw, could never happen.

Naw, could never happen.
    You called it, Specs.
    Last edited by Icymudpuppy; 01-18-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    CPT Jack. R. T.

OMG. Now tell him what a scammer he is.

You called it Specs.
    Ya know, I felt kinda bad yesterday after I posted it; as I really dont want to be one of the people injecting any type of negativity between liberty people. I almost edited out later, but decided to stand by it. Upon seeing your update, I was at first excited cuz I didn't feel bad about suggesting it. Now, I'm just left feeling a bit disgusted by it all.

The sad part is... Yes, Doug Wead has shared his RP Campaign Email lists with an MLM (Multi-Level-Marketing) scheme. Thus the campaign is spamming. A gross violation of the trust of those who shared their information with the campaign. Ron seriously needs to put a kibash on this before it sinks support for CFL and YAL efforts in the future.
    CPT Jack. R. T.

Start a pyramid scheme, put your people into the top part of the scheme, release it to the public to get into it, gather their wealth for your own objectives.
    This does not sit well with me, even though it will probably work to build wealth for the movement (or just persons). It just doesn't sit well with me.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Isnt using campaign email lists not just poor taste but a FEC violation?

Just list all respect for Mr. Wead

My latest response:
    I don’t do MLMs. A pyramid scheme by any other name is still a pyramid scheme. Also, I’m a biologist, and think Isagenix is mostly malarkey. Sure, they include some good vitamins in some of their products, but they feed on the same claptrap that somehow using their products will correct for a lack of exercise and other healthy habits. They won’t. Ultimately, they are a placebo.
    CPT Jack. R. T.

I hope Rand can pick them better than Ron, with all due respect.

My latest response:
    Proper diet and exercise. Works like a charm.

If Doug Wead is using the campaign contact information lists - I believe that is very illegal - am I wrong? I would be surprised if he was using the official campaigns lists though - I know I haven't received anything asking me to purchase crap from them.

Any good idea is shot down and ridiculed on RPF and DP. That is, if it's not buried and lost due to the daily avalanche of infowars new threads.
    "The average person figures that the president tells the truth, the vice president tells the truth, the secretary of state tell the truth; and they don't. They don't. The founders understood that people would be flawed, that political leaders would not be the best of men … so they set forth the constitution. We don't follow the constitution in this country; had we done so in 2001 and 2002, the world would be a different place" - Karen Kwiatkowski

So now the truth comes out. He is promoting a pyramid sales operation.
    lmao. I've got a little experience in the MLM world, have met with some high net worth MLM'ers before and gotten insight in MLM schemes executed in foreign countries.

The second they started this I knew it would be bad as long as they keep trying to work within the liberty movement. The only way for their plan to work is if they get GOOD Liberty movement-type leaders involved at the beginning and get large enough to attract a lot of new people from the outside.

It sounds like they do have a decent product that people will buy, I give them that much.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Huh? There are ton of activists who don't visit ronpaulforums or daily paul. They're out there actually doing something.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This times 10,000. Folks should not EVER mistake this forum or DP as being the major center of grassroots activity in our movement. This is an outlet to report on the activity that is happening, not the place where it all happens.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Huh? There are ton of activists who don't visit ronpaulforums or daily paul. They're out there actually doing something.

Ya know, I felt kinda bad yesterday after I posted it; as I really dont want to be one of the people injecting any type of negativity between liberty people. I almost edited out later, but decided to stand by it. Upon seeing your update, I was at first excited cuz I didn't feel bad about suggesting it. Now, I'm just left feeling a bit disgusted by it all.
    Ya I'm pretty torn about all this.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The way it has been described, though, if Doug Wead DID get a few hundred or a few thousand liberty activists at the "top" of the pyramid, and the isagenix business took off, those people at the top wouldn't have to do anything to receive an income, because apparently there is some sort of sharing between the upstream income depending on where you are on the ladder.

Has anybody here actually looked into being in the managerial side of isagenix? Are there any costs? I mean, ya, they are probably going to have isagenix conventions that cost money and all the other stuff that goes along with MLM, but that stuff isn't always required.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    lmao. I've got a little experience in the MLM world, have met with some high net worth MLM'ers before and gotten insight in MLM schemes executed in foreign countries.

The second they started this I knew it would be bad as long as they keep trying to work within the liberty movement. The only way for their plan to work is if they get GOOD Liberty movement-type leaders involved at the beginning and get large enough to attract a lot of new people from the outside.

It sounds like they do have a decent product that people will buy, I give them that much.
    A bunch of ex-Amway and other MLM'ers are supposed to be getting in aroudn February timeframe, so Doug's thinking is that he wants as many liberty people in before then:

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The way it has been described, though, if Doug Wead DID get a few hundred or a few thousand liberty activists at the "top" of the pyramid, and the isagenix business took off, those people at the top wouldn't have to do anything to receive an income, because apparently there is some sort of sharing between the upstream income depending on where you are on the ladder.

b-i-n-g-o
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I don't believe Doug ever had access to the official RP2012 lists so I tend to doubt that's what he is using to contact people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast