Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas man executed for killing city code enforcement worker

Texas man executed for killing city code enforcement worker

Just going to leave this here without comment:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...aborative_2_na

A Texas man on death row for killing a worker who was on his property looking for city code violations was put to death Tuesday.

Adam Ward was given a lethal injection for shooting and killing Michael Walker, a code enforcement officer who was taking photos of junk piled outside the Ward family home in Commerce, about 65 miles northeast of Dallas.
    In a videotaped statement to police following his arrest, Ward said he believed Commerce officials long conspired against him and his father, described in court filings as a hoarder who had been in conflict with the city for years. Evidence showed the Ward family had been cited repeatedly for violating housing and zoning codes.

Witnesses said Walker was taking photos of the Ward property on June 13, 2005, when he and Ward got into an argument. Walker told Ward he was calling for assistance, then waited near his truck. Ward went inside the house, emerged with a .45-caliber pistol and started firing. Walker was shot nine times.
    “I think the only thing he was there for was harassment,” Ward told The Associated Press last month from prison.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A series of overreactions.

A man has trash on his property, so the government sends an agent to trespass and harass.

The man kills the agent for harassment, in warm blood.

The government executes him 11 years later, in cold blood.

They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

He lost an insanity appeal a few days ago.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    A series of overreactions.

A man has trash on his property, so the government sends an agent to trespass and harass.

The man kills the agent for harassment, in warm blood.

The government executes him 11 years later, in cold blood.

If you want trash on your property, you should be able to keep trash on your property....it should have stopped there.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertas Aut Mortis View Post
    If you want trash on your property, you should be able to keep trash on your property....it should have stopped there.

loveshiscountry

Walker was waiting by his truck. Guessing he was off the property by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshly Squeezed View Post
    Without knowing any other details, I would have +repped this if I could.

Texas is a plenty fycked-up state in many ways. They have such a hard-on for executions. I lived there years ago and would not go back precisely for these reasons.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    How does that make any difference? Harassment is a crime, especially when it is perpetrated by "government".

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    How does that make any difference? Harassment is a crime, especially when it is perpetrated by "government".
    The threat was gone. If he was on the property that might make a difference. The only reasons to take the life of another is in defense of a life or in defense of property.

I'm sure the fine City of Commerce had designs on that property. Now they probably have it, the code enforcer took one for the team.
    "The Patriarch"

I despise the death penalty. Or the obsession with eternal sentences for minor infractions for that matter.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I despise the death penalty. Or the obsession with eternal sentences for minor infractions for that matter.
    You just don't understand how profitable the industry is. People would lose their jobs.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    You just don't understand how profitable the industry is. People would lose their jobs.
    Good people, the best people.
    "The Patriarch"

The threat was gone. If he was on the property that might make a difference. The only reasons to take the life of another is in defense of a life or in defense of property.
    But the aggressor had stated he was only waiting for reinforcements.

Ward insisted the shooting was in self-defense, but the 44-year-old Walker only had a camera and a cellphone.
    He "feared for his life." Plenty of case studies of Law Enforcement reaction to draw from.

Also, did the "code enforcement officer" have a warrant to enter private property and photograph? If he didn't then, IMHO, there's no problem here.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In texas you can shoot anyone on your property for just about any reason and get away with it. As long as you keep that reason to yourself and get a good attorney.

Only exception is if you kill someone who is on your property on government business (police officer, code enforcer, etc). They have an important job to do that needs to be done, and as such there is zero tolerance of any kind of violence to government workers.

Anyone else on your property is fair game generally speaking.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    In texas you can shoot anyone on your property for just about any reason and get away with it. As long as you keep that reason to yourself and get a good attorney.

Only exception is if you kill someone who is on your property on government business (police officer, code enforcer, etc). They have an important job to do that needs to be done, and as such there is zero tolerance of any kind of violence to government workers.

Thanks for clearing that up.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    He "feared for his life." Plenty of case studies of Law Enforcement reaction to draw from.
    Doesn't work, victim worked for government

Also, did the "code enforcement officer" have a warrant to enter private property and photograph? If he didn't then, IMHO, there's no problem here.
    I'll assume you are joking. If code enforcers needed a warrant every time they went on someones property it would make their job impossible.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Doesn't work, victim worked for government

I'll assume you are joking. If code enforcers needed a warrant every time they went on someones property it would make their job impossible.
    I'm not why so many who want liberty gloss over these necessary facts, freedom comes with accountabilities and responsibilities.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I'm not why so many who want liberty gloss over these necessary facts, freedom comes with accountabilities and responsibilities.
    What does authority come with?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Tax money.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Tax money.
    Money,
    Power,
    Women,
    Various indulgences that are illegal for most people

You should try it some time I cant can't recommend it enough
    - Kim Kardashian

It sure isn't accountabilities and responsibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I'm sure the fine City of Commerce had designs on that property. Now they probably have it, the code enforcer took one for the team.
    I'm sure it was the neighbors who were complaining.

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

It sure isn't accountabilities and responsibilities.
    Those things are only for the serfs.
    "The Patriarch"

The only reasons to take the life of another is in defense of a life or in defense of property.
    I am not convinced this is true in the sense that I take your specific meaning, so pardon me if I mistake you.

When a clear pattern of violation emerges, I fully support unequivocal action against the perpetrators in preemption of the next occurrence.

I do recall many years ago a sound bite on local news, probably NYC, where they reported that a court held that preemptive strikes were in fact within the envelope of personal prerogative where a reasonable suspicion existed that a latent threat was present.

If a man passing me on the street hits me and runs away, repeating the same five nights in a row, I believe I am well within my right to shoot the ghost from his carcass on the sixth when I see him approaching. This goes trebly for anyone in "government". If the man was the victim of a systemic conspiracy by the "authorities" () in question, all else equal I would almost certainly acquit. By all accounts, he was precisely that. Is it your contention that because he theoretically had the option to move to another town or state that he should have done that first? If so, I would have to say "bollocks". Is there no limit to harassment beyond which one holds the right to take such action against the tormentor? Would it be your contention that, other avenues of redress having failed, that a man is then faced with the obligation to endure further torment? These appear to be the implications of your statement, if indeed what you are asserting is that he acted not in defense of self or property. Is one's peace not his property? Seriously - what are you saying here?

loveshiscountry

I am not convinced this is true in the sense that I take your specific meaning, so pardon me if I mistake you.

When a clear pattern of violation emerges, I fully support unequivocal action against the perpetrators in preemption of the next occurrence.

I do recall many years ago a sound bite on local news, probably NYC, where they reported that a court held that preemptive strikes were in fact within the envelope of personal prerogative where a reasonable suspicion existed that a latent threat was present.

If a man passing me on the street hits me and runs away, repeating the same five nights in a row, I believe I am well within my right to shoot the ghost from his carcass on the sixth when I see him approaching. This goes trebly for anyone in "government". If the man was the victim of a systemic conspiracy by the "authorities" () in question, all else equal I would almost certainly acquit. By all accounts, he was precisely that. Is it your contention that because he theoretically had the option to move to another town or state that he should have done that first? If so, I would have to say "bollocks". Is there no limit to harassment beyond which one holds the right to take such action against the tormentor? Would it be your contention that, other avenues of redress having failed, that a man is then faced with the obligation to endure further torment? These appear to be the implications of your statement, if indeed what you are asserting is that he acted not in defense of self or property. Is one's peace not his property? Seriously - what are you saying here?
    If someone files multiple lawsuits against you, you cannot kill that person.

He wasn't on the property so he wasn't a "threat". He did not make repeated attempts to gain access to that property. I'm assuming that as I haven't read that he repeatedly trespassed.

If he had been told to leave and then he came back on that property and didn't leave then yes, defend property.

Giving Ward the death penalty was a disgrace.
    Last edited by loveshiscountry; 03-24-2016 at 09:53 PM.

loveshiscountry

lol No they are not fair game. You can't just fire away. Speaking of land not your house. In the house sure.
    Granted if there are no witnesses and you dont take the stand, one can get away with it.

lol No they are not fair game. You can't just fire away. Speaking of land not your house. In the house sure.
    Granted if there are no witnesses and you dont take the stand, one can get away with it.
    What witnesses
    - Kim Kardashian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast