Thread: Rand Paul jabs AOC over climate change: 'The world will not end in 12 years'

Rand Paul jabs AOC over climate change: 'The world will not end in 12 years'

Sen. Rand Paul broke from discussing impeachment and Iran Wednesday morning to jab freshman U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez over climate change.

"No @AOC the world will not end in 12 years but we must, absolutely must do something, over the next 500 million years," the Kentucky Republican wrote in a mocking tweet.

Ocasio-Cortez, a Democrat from New York, has long been a environmental activist, leading efforts to tackle climate change through her Green New Deal legislative package.

It is unclear exactly what provoked Paul to tweet Wednesday morning at Ocasio-Cortez, commonly referred to as AOC. When talking about climate change in January 2019, Ocasio-Cortez said "The world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change, and your biggest issue is how are we gonna pay for it?”

In a 2018 United Nations special report titled "Global warming of 1.5ºC,” the authors said that the year 2030 would be the point of no return for for stopping a climate change catastrophe if the globe continued on its current trajectory.

Paul went on to rib Ocasio-Cortez, saying: "Some say we should develop a space shield to protect us from the sun’s increased luminosity. I’m not against that but...it will only be a temporary respite maybe a few million years."

"I do think we should also begin genetically altering O2 producing organisms to send to Saturn’s Titan and possibly the closest planets outside of our solar system," Paul added, linking to a 2013 Forbes article that says the earth will be uninhabitable in 500 million years. "What say you AOC?"

Ocasio-Cortez has not yet replied to Paul's tweets.
    https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/rand-paul/2020/01/15/rand-paul-jabs-aoc-over-climate-change/4476115002/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1217440603144957953

Jesus. AOC has over 6 million twitter followers. Twitter must be overloaded with liberals...

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Jesus. AOC has over 6 million twitter followers. Twitter must be overloaded with liberals...
    No better place to signal virtue!

*sigh*

a missed opportunity to actually demonstrate the ridiculous costs of climate policies (poverty and death) for cheap Twitter points.

Sorry Rand, AOC always wins Twitter.

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

She took the bait................. HAHAHH

Rand will destroy her.

AOC is being destroyed in the thread

There is also a vid of her saying it. I've seen it. It;s not taken out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    AOC is being destroyed in the thread

There is also a vid of her saying it. I've seen it. It;s not taken out of context.
    Looks like most everyone in the tweetstorm is against Rand.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Looks like most everyone in the tweetstorm is against Rand.
    Rand is too smart for her. she should give it up before it becomes brutal

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Send it to Senator Paul!

Someone with a twitter account needs to tweet it. i dont do social media.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    *sigh*

a missed opportunity to actually demonstrate the ridiculous costs of climate policies (poverty and death) for cheap Twitter points.

Sorry Rand, AOC always wins Twitter.

Sorry AOC, there is nothing out of context about what you said. Now you may have backtracked and modified your stance since then due to the blowback, but the record stands in it’s own. You said it. It’s even on YouTube (for now).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHk8nn0nw18
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.