Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Close Vote, House Blocks Debate on Yemen War

I'm srry to have started a duplicate thread... I didn't see your thread @charrob. srry..
    neg rep be upon me and may all my fiat currency burst into everlasting fire!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by goldenequity; 11-14-2018 at 09:34 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Not only would it not be constitutional without an amendment but it exactly the kind of debatable and subjective issue that the founders thought should be handled at the state level or below so that people from an urban region couldn't tell people from a rural reason what to do even though they had no understanding of the issues or the point of view of the rural residents.
    Yes I understand the tenth amendment. And you are right: this would have to be a constitutional amendment. I hold no illusions that it will ever happen. That doesn't mean I don't think it should. I believe all sentient beings have an inalienable right to be free from unnecessary torture by humans.

I also believe gray wolves who attack livestock can be shot by owners of that livestock. However gray wolves are not a significant threat to livestock:

"The latest cattle and sheep death loss data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture show that in the eight Rocky Mountain and Great Lakes states, where gray wolves live, losses of sheep and cattle from wolves amounted to just 0.04 percent of their livestock inventories.

https://blog.humanesociety.org/2018/...-congress.html
    Last edited by charrob; 11-14-2018 at 09:40 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Probably not. But that wasn't the point as you're very well aware. But hey, keep up with the mendacious innuendo against anyone who fails to toe your rigidly partisan party line. It makes it easy for any sincere individuals to identify just exactly what you're about.
    You were the one who implied that which party controlled the House had something to do with this.

The Demoncrats are much worse on many issues and they won't be any better on this one.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Rep. Mark Pocan (D) Wisconsin can't believe it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You were the one who implied that which party controlled the House had something to do with this.

The Demoncrats are much worse on many issues and they won't be any better on this one.

No, I did not. You erroneously inferred that instead of actually thinking about it or simply asking for clarification. What I actually implied was that Republicans, having control of both houses, had a perfect opportunity to actually do something to advance the cause of liberty and chose not to. But hey. At least it wasn't the Dems in control while the enabling of the slaughter of innocents was continued. Everyone knows that a Dem vote in favor of bombing innocent women and children is far worse than a Republican one. Give me a $#@!ing break.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    I'm srry to have started a duplicate thread... I didn't see your thread @charrob. srry..
    neg rep be upon me and may all my fiat currency burst into everlasting fire!!!!!!!!!!

No problem Goldenequity . I'll ask a moderator to merge the threads if that's all right with you?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    No, I did not. You erroneously inferred that instead of actually thinking about it or simply asking for clarification. What I actually implied was that Republicans, having control of both houses, had a perfect opportunity to actually do something to advance the cause of liberty and chose not to. But hey. At least it wasn't the Dems in control while the enabling of the slaughter of innocents was continued. Everyone knows that a Dem vote in favor of bombing innocent women and children is far worse than a Republican one. Give me a $#@!ing break.
    So it is much better to have our gun rights threatened along with so many other issues that the Demoncrats are horrible on?

The Republicans being in control had nothing to do with this and there are many issues that made them being in control much better than having the Demoncrats in control will be.

You can't take one issue where neither party is any better and use it to claim that having Republicans in control of the House does no good.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    No problem Goldenequity . I'll ask a moderator to merge the threads if that's all right with you?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Thanks; just sent the message to merge threads .

I think private sanctuaries are very important. Many species like the white rhino are already extinct. The problem is finding people willing to fund private sanctuaries as more and more of the natural world becomes extinct at a faster and faster pace. The other issue would be that if the gray wolf is no longer part of the natural ecosystem (and only exists in private sanctuaries) it will affect the rest of the ecosystem:

I remember reading an article a few years ago: I think it was about for some reason people obliterating opossums. Not sure why, but they did. And many believe that is why we now have such an infestation of lyme disease and deer ticks. Just like blow-back in foreign policy, there is blow-back in nature/ecosystems when humans destroy species.

It's outside the scope of this argument, but I'm also opposed to unnecessary cruelty to any sentient live being. It's one thing to shoot a deer point blank between the eyes so its suffering is minimized. It's quite another to put traps out and have wolves, deer, and other live beings get their paws in one of these traps and linger for days and weeks in agony before they finally die. And, yes, this does happen. I think this cruelty should be outlawed by States, but if it's not, this is where I have no problem with a Federal law outlawing this kind of torture.

I do believe animals have rights. Maybe not the same rights as humans. But a right to be treated humanely.
    I feel the same about animals and believe that wolves have a very important place in the eco-system

I don't want the gov involved but I do think real education in REAL science, including the values of wildlife, clean soil, the value of many things in nature- that are not understood by most people- could do more for the planet & all people in general, than all the laws and interference with natural life that is constantly done for Big Corps/Oil & the MIC.
    There is no spoon.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, here's the list of Republicans who voted with the Democrats on this:

Amash
    Biggs
    Blum
    Brat
    Duncan
    Gohmert
    Griffith
    Jordan
    Labrador
    Massie
    Meadows
    Norman
    Posey
    Sanford
    Schweikert

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2018/roll418.xml
    And at least three of them (Brat, Blum, Sanford), were eliminated by the MIC establishment, and will not be back to vote that way again next year.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Yes I understand the tenth amendment. And you are right: this would have to be a constitutional amendment. I hold no illusions that it will ever happen. That doesn't mean I don't think it should. I believe all sentient beings have an inalienable right to be free from unnecessary torture by humans.

I also believe gray wolves who attack livestock can be shot by owners of that livestock. However gray wolves are not a significant threat to livestock:
    .04% is big.

This video was earlier posted in another thread…
    Rep. Tulsi Gabbard tells the world:
    Last night, House Republicans on the Rules Committee voted to undermine our democracy by blocking the American people and Members of Congress from having a debate and the ability to vote on a bill that would end U.S.support for Saudi Arabia’s genocidal war in Yemen …

Don’t be fooled: If Congress and this Administration truly were concerned about the plight of the Yemeni people and peace, all U.S. support for Saudi Arabia’satrocities would end now. Instead, last night on the Rules Committee, Republicans voted to shut down debate and prevent a vote that would end U.S.support for Saudi Arabia in Yemen. …

We must end all U.S. support for Saudi Arabia’s genocidal war in Yemen now.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to @Firestarter again.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I see no real reason to bring wolves back unless you first bring back continent wide herds of Buffalo and Elk which is the prey .
    +rep

In Close Vote, House Blocks Debate on Yemen War
    CHICKEN $HITS!!!

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

The already strained relationship between U.S. lawmakers and two of President Trump’s staunchest supporters, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and Abu Dhabi’s Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed, seems to be worsening. In recent days, reports have indicated that a growing number of U.S. congressmen and women is expected to pass a resolution which will end U.S. involvement in Yemen’s civil war. This resolution would represent a direct challenge to President Trump, who would then have to consider using a presidential veto. While Trump’s Middle East strategy may lack clarity, it is undeniable that both MBS and MBZ are pivotal to his influence in the region.
    The hostility between Republicans and Democrats in the U.S. Congress has been particularly intense under the current president. The ongoing support by the Trump Administration of the Saudi-led military coalition fighting against the Houthi rebels in Yemen has become the latest focal point of this tension. U.S. media sources have indicated that a group within congress is considering reproducing a version of the resolution that passed the Senate 56-41 last month to rebuke the White House and Saudi Arabia following the Khashoggi murder. The U.S. public appears to be largely against the U.S. military cooperation in Yemen, mainly blaming Saudi Arabia, and in particular MBS, for the crisis. The U.S. Congress appears to now be reflecting public opinion. This resolution would put limits on the amount and type of U.S. support in Yemen. Senators, such as Mike Lee, R-Utah, state that the decision to support the coalition, which was taken by President Obama and Trump, has never been voted on and approved by Congress. The support for a new U.S. strategy is wide, as newly elected Democratic House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer announced he would co-sponsor the legislation. Several Republicans also now seem to be behind the new approach.

More at: https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/Mid...-Survival.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12