Thread: Fiddling Away Black Futures

Fiddling Away Black Futures

Fiddling Away Black Futures

By Walter E. Williams

May 16, 2016

Most black politicians, ministers, civil rights advocates, and professionals support Hillary Clinton’s quest for the presidency. Whoever becomes the next president, whether it’s a Democrat or Republican, will mean little or nothing in terms of solutions to major problems that confront many black people. We’ve already seen that even a black president means little or nothing. Politics and political power cannot significantly improve the lives of most black people and may even be impediments.

Blacks hold high offices and dominate the political arenas in Philadelphia, Detroit, Baltimore and other cities. Yet these are the very cities with the nation’s poorest educational outcomes, highest crime rates, high illegitimacy rates and other forms of social pathology. Let’s look at this pattern, focusing just on Philadelphia, Detroit, and Baltimore, cities with large black populations and black-held political power for nearly a half-century.

In Philadelphia, only 19 percent of eighth-graders score proficient in math and 16 percent in reading. In Detroit, there is only a 4 percent proficiency level in math and 7 percent in reading. In Baltimore, it’s a 12 percent proficiency in math and 13 percent in reading. These results are even more depressing when one tallies the percentages of students scoring “below basic” on the National Assessment of Education Progress test, often referred to as “the nation’s report card.” Below basic means that a student is unable to demonstrate even partial mastery of knowledge and skills fundamental for proficient work at his grade level.

In Philadelphia, 47 percent scored below basic in math and 42 percent in reading. In Baltimore, it was respectively 59 and 49 percent. In Detroit, 73 percent scored below basic in math and 56 percent in reading.

Continued:
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/05/...oit-baltimore/
    Last edited by jct74; 05-20-2016 at 07:13 AM. Reason: false attribution

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Poverty also dominates those cities. That usually means poorer schools and fewer qualified teachers because they can't pay top dollar for the best ones. Education wasn't better there when they had white government leaders. Money is a bigger factor in the article's statistics than race is.

Other cities with black mayors: http://blackdemographics.com/culture.../black-mayors/

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Poverty also dominates those cities. That usually means poorer schools and fewer qualified teachers because they can't pay top dollar for the best ones. Education wasn't better there when they had white government leaders. Money is a bigger factor in the article's statistics than race is.

Other cities with black mayors: http://blackdemographics.com/culture.../black-mayors/
    More tax monies will certainly fix it this time..........

Take it up with Walter.

In a sea of bad possibilities, this is one of the lesser evils.

Before anyone whips out their bullhorn and starts shrieking "RAYcis" at me (not that I care, mind you), let us examine this in the most cursory way in terms of strategic positions.

Since the dawn of the age of Bammy in 2008, "race relations" have taken a giant dump in the wake of the GayHooker In Chief's sufficiently skillful campaign of fomenting the envy and hatred of blacks toward whites from sea to shining sea. Add to that the intergenerational entitlement class, mostly black and speaking for a very large majority of same, and you end up with a rather large population of people who have been trained to self-hatred, hatred of the other, hatred of life itself, cynicism, criminality, entitlement, and so on down a substantial list of what I daresay richly qualify as the worst that human vice has to offer.

Left to flourish, this population stands to pose a huge threat to the rest by virtue of its basic mindset in combination with its growing stridency in the demand for "social justice", which is codespeak for endless freebies from the man, whom they hate almost as much as they hate themselves.

Granted, things are likely to come to bloodshed along the relevant lines in any event, but it is tactically more desirable that the release of tensions occur at the incitement of this population of functional morons, rather than of one that has raised itself by its bootstraps, become smart, and thereby proceeds more adeptly against that which it hates. Now, it could be argued that such a more enlightened population would not suffer from all those terrible qualities, and therefore it is better to make sure they become smarter, rather than mo' stoopid. In theory I agree, but what does the practical landscape hold in terms of likelihoods there? Not much.

The other possibility is that they become practically smart in terms of fulfilling the demands of their rage and avarice, forsaking all other aspects of decent intelligence. I find that to be the far more likely path.

Therefore, the fact that these huge population centers are screwing their own children into the concrete up to the tippy-tops of their pointed little heads is actually a very good thing, relatively speaking. These people want to destroy the other. There is no live and let live notion floating out there among such people. They are bitter, endlessly greedy for that which costs them nothing and preferably beats the other - this is the basic ghetto world-view: get over and get even. That they destroy themselves and thereby reduce the chances that they will ever be effective against the rest is about the best news we could hope for in a world of bad news.

The problems we face in terms of those creatures of mind that divide us are vast and nearly impossible to surmount. The fact is, there is a large proportion of people who don't want things to get better, but to run fast-forward in the belief that they will then get everything they want, all on someone else's nickel - someone whom they wish to drive into oblivion. What such people fail to take into account is that anything remotely resembling the making of one's own way in life is so utterly alien, their skills at such so completely nonexistent, that if the day comes they get what they think they want, they will wake up to a new reality that is going to give them cause to wail and gnash their teeth right up to the point they die off for the want of someone to provide food and shelter.

The world is largely gone full-retard.
    Last edited by osan; 05-17-2016 at 08:32 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    In a sea of bad possibilities, this is one of the lesser evils.

Before anyone whips out their bullhorn and starts shrieking "RAYcis" at me (not that I care, mind you), let us examine this in the most cursory way in terms of strategic positions.

Since the dawn of the age of Bammy in 2008, "race relations" have taken a giant dump in the wake of the GayHooker In Chief's sufficiently skillful campaign of fomenting the envy and hatred of blacks toward whites from sea to shining sea. Add to that the intergenerational entitlement class, mostly black and speaking for a very large majority of same, and you end up with a rather large population of people who have been trained to self-hatred, hatred of the other, hatred of life itself, cynicism, criminality, entitlement, and so on down a substantial list of what I daresay richly qualify as the worst that human vice has to offer.

Left to flourish, this population stands to pose a huge threat to the rest by virtue of its basic mindset in combination with its growing stridency in the demand for "social justice", which is codespeak for endless freebies from the man, whom they hate almost as much as they hate themselves.

Granted, things are likely to come to bloodshed along the relevant lines in any event, but it is tactically more desirable that the release of tensions occur at the incitement of this population of functional morons, rather than of one that has raised itself by its bootstraps, become smart, and thereby proceeds more adeptly against that which it hates. Now, it could be argued that such a more enlightened population would not suffer from all those terrible qualities, and therefore it is better to make sure they become smarter, rather than mo' stoopid. In theory I agree, but what does the practical landscape hold in terms of likelihoods there? Not much.

The other possibility is that they become practically smart in terms of fulfilling the demands of their rage and avarice, forsaking all other aspects of decent intelligence. I find that to be the far more likely path.

Therefore, the fact that these huge population centers are screwing their own children into the concrete up to the tippy-tops of their pointed little heads is actually a very good thing, relatively speaking. These people want to destroy the other. There is no live and let live notion floating out there among such people. They are bitter, endlessly greedy for that which costs them nothing and preferably beats the other - this is the basic ghetto world-view: get over and get even. That they destroy themselves and thereby reduce the chances that they will ever be effective against the rest is about the best news we could hope for in a world of bad news.

The problems we face in terms of those creatures of mind that divide us are vast and nearly impossible to surmount. The fact is, there is a large proportion of people who don't want things to get better, but to run fast-forward in the belief that they will then get everything they want, all on someone else's nickel - someone whom they wish to drive into oblivion. What such people fail to take into account is that anything remotely resembling the making of one's own way in life is so utterly alien, their skills at such so completely nonexistent, that if the day comes they get what they think they want, they will wake up to a new reality that is going to give the cause to wail and gnash their teeth right up to the point they die off for the want of someone to provide food and shelter.

The world is largely gone full-retard.
    Predominately black government schools have been in the crapper since long before POTUS Barry. <shrug>

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Predominately black government schools have been in the crapper since long before POTUS Barry. <shrug>
    Not sure of your point.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Poverty also dominates those cities.
    And that is because of one or both or two possibilities. Firstly, that the populations are simply incapable of pursuing prosperity in the context of this brand of culture or, secondly, that government has removed opportunity from the environments there.

That usually means poorer schools and fewer qualified teachers because they can't pay top dollar for the best ones.
    You clearly have never been an inner-city teacher or been otherwise intimately involved with the mechanics of public schools in those environments. My friend, let us call him "Jake", has been working in the NYC public schools since 1984 and is making something north of $100K, plus the various benefits including fully paid medical and about 16 weeks of paid vacation per year. That's not too shabby for a ghetto school teacher.

Inner city schools, no matter how $#@!ty their respective locations, are typically very well funded. The problem is neither money nor the availability of qualified teachers. The issue is one of the basic "educational" culture. This is something with which I am intimately familiar and when I find myself around such people, the things they say and the ways in which they say them cause my skin to immediately begin crawling, and that is not a joke. These people are not on the same planet with basic common sense. The loads of shyte with which they have been fed are so far removed from sanity that I find myself amazed at how it is they accept some of it as sense. The Common Core deal is but one example.

I saw what was coming 30 years ago and I bailed - thank God. Jake still teaches - 33rd year - and it is just sad to see my little brother slogging through his days waiting for his retirement. We both had co-op teachers during our methods training, each of whom were long-timers and complete burnouts. Eric Skinner was mine a MLK High School just next to Lincoln Center. He was a great guy, but very toasted. I was teaching graphic arts and one day two black boys got into it. When I moved to put it to ends, Skinner stopped me and said that I should just let them kill each other, which they almost did, a cop finally hauling them off to the Tombs. We swore we would never become like those teachers. I kept that faith - Jake... not so much so. I would not call him burned out, but he is definitely detached, beleaguered, and largely disinterested. That is what this "system" does to good teachers over time.

Education wasn't better there when they had white government leaders.
    Acutally, it was at one time.

Money is a bigger factor in the article's statistics than race is.

Au contraire, mon ami. Au contraire. Race not specifically provable - but at least as a correlative factor with culture, definitely. All public schools are failing, IMO, but those in "black" neighborhoods are generally FAR worse off, despite often being better funded than their "white" counterparts. Money is NOT the issue in any significant measure.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

liberal morons, the common denominator
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Not sure of your point.
    Failing and pathetic government schools are not, at all, a new phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Failing and pathetic government schools are not, at all, a new phenomenon.
    True, but they are worse now than ever before, and by a very large margin, IMO.

That said, I'm not sure how it relates to the topic or what I previously wrote.

True, but they are worse now than ever before, and by a very large margin, IMO.

That said, I'm not sure how it relates to the topic or what I previously wrote.
    I didn't realize that it really had to. Moving on.