Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate/"sock puppet" accounts are NOT allowed

Alternate/"sock puppet" accounts are NOT allowed

7/2013 Note- please see the "Policies on Multiple Accounts" for updated details:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/content...age-Guidelines

[Note: The forum announcement is temporary; this thread is permanent. Thus, the thread.]

Anyone caught posting on an alternate, or "sock puppet" account (i.e. using two accounts at once), will be banned for doing so (both on their original and alternate accounts). This includes using a new account if your old account is banned.

First offense: Two-week ban for main account, permanent ban for all alternate accounts.
    Second offense: Permanent ban of all user accounts. (This includes using a new account if your account is temporarily banned.)

Thanks,

-Matt

P.S. - Yes, this includes Matt Collins.

7/2013 Note- please see the "Policies on Multiple Accounts" for updated details:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/content...age-Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What about kludge/kluge?

Kludge's old account has been inactive since 12/30/2011. AFAIK Kluge is a shared Kludge-and-amy account since amy lost the login to her old account.

But yes, this will be universally enforced, and does apply to Kluge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i am going
    to miss ZZ!
    fair is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by malkusm View Post
    [Note: The forum announcement is temporary; this thread is permanent. Thus, the thread.]

Anyone caught posting on an alternate, or "sock puppet" account (i.e. using two accounts at once), will be banned for doing so (both on their original and alternate accounts). This includes using a new account if your old account is banned.

First offense: Two-week ban for main account, permanent ban for all alternate accounts.
    Second offense: Permanent ban of all user accounts. (This includes using a new account if your account is temporarily banned.)

Thanks,

-Matt

P.S. - Yes, this includes Matt Collins.
    Finally, RPF becomes reality based and not a toy for the cowardly and schizophrenic. +rep
    Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals, and happiness.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Looks like Roy L and his sock puppet are doomed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Looks like Roy L and his sock puppet are doomed.
    JohnLVT was already banned.

Just go ahead and ban everyone but the mods, and then let them start banning each other until there is only one mod left. And then let that mod commit seppuku.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
    Just go ahead and ban everyone but the mods, and then let them start banning each other until there is only one mod left. And then let that mod commit seppuku.
    It's coming. The banocaust will happen one day.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    It's coming. The banocaust will happen one day.
    I lol'ed
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

JohnLVT was already banned.
    oic. Wasn't there another one? Roy's threads and the threads he hijacked became too tiresome for me too watch carefully.

You can't know if someone has more than one account if they are using different IPs. It is impossible to enforce this rule for those that know how to use proxies or have more than one IP.

I saw that movie, it wasn't as entertaining as it sounds.

damn, and I was just starting to get some major rep on my alt account. oh well, its about damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    You can't know if someone has more than one account if they are using different IPs. It is impossible to enforce this rule for those that know how to use proxies or have more than one IP.
    How do you think Fire11 is able to come back every other week or so?

i dont have a second account nor would i want one, but c'mon, there is absolutely no way to stop someone from creating a second account.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How do you think Fire11 is able to come back every other week or so?
    Why do you think he gets banned every time?

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    i dont have a second account nor would i want one, but c'mon, there is absolutely no way to stop someone from creating a second account.
    Stop someone? No. Ban them for doing so after the fact? Perfectly capable of doing that.
    Last edited by malkusm; 04-05-2012 at 09:45 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you, Justinjj1.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ
    We're quite aware. Those in question seem to not care that we know and even like to parade it around.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

What if two people live together, thus sharing an IP address, have their own account on RPF?

and if you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding!

What if two people live together, thus sharing an IP address, have their own account on RPF?
    Do you have nothing better to do than to come up with hypothetical situations that might make the rule ambiguous?

amy31416 and Kludge are two different people, and it's very clear that they're two different people. There are other examples.

If we have evidence that an individual is using multiple accounts, these rules will apply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wasn't talking about Amy and Kludge. I'm talking about my brother and me. We're flatmates and both want to post here.

Allow me to add, that the only reason that Matt Collins was given license to add a "sock puppet" account was because he asked JoshLowry directly, because he was hired by the campaign and wanted to be able to post anonymously. Not only was he unable to post anonymously, but he was also unable to avoid trolling while using the alternate account.

Knowing this was a problem, but realizing that Matt Collins was an example that made it seem ok to have "sock puppet" accounts, we decided to make the announcement and apply the rule on a go-forward basis, so that they were clear in advance of any action being taken.

And, as I've stated elsewhere, there is no legitimate reason for anyone to be using an alternate account other than (1) rep whoring, (2) circumventing a ban, (3) trolling anonymously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not only was he unable to post anonymously, but he was also unable to avoid trolling while using the alternate accounts.
    Fixed.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And, as I've stated elsewhere, there is no legitimate reason for anyone to be using an alternate account other than (1) rep whoring, (2) circumventing a ban, (3) trolling anonymously.
    So those are legitimate reasons?

There you have it, do not create fake accounts unless you plan on

• Rep whoring
    • Circumventing a ban
    • Trolling anonymously

Well be forewarned, I have had multiple past accounts, but never at the same time.

I always lose the damn password. I know I should write it down but I rely on autosave which has failed (obviously).

Mod, I would ask for you not to reveal my old accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    Well be forewarned, I have had multiple past accounts, but never at the same time.

I always lose the damn password. I know I should write it down but I rely on autosave which has failed (obviously).

You know you can get the password emailed to you?

There you have it, do not create fake accounts unless you plan on

• Rep whoring
    • Circumventing a ban
    • Trolling anonymously
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    So those are legitimate reasons?
    Yes, those are legitimate reasons for alt-account users to be banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post

Suspicious behavior. Reported.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast