Thread: Weekly Report for GOP Candidates (Rand, Rubio, McDonnell, Cruz, and Martinez get A's)

Weekly Report for GOP Candidates (Rand, Rubio, McDonnell, Cruz, and Martinez get A's)

http://www.prez16.com/2013/01/weekly...andidates.html

I don't think he's particularly biased in any ways. He's just rating the effectiveness of their political maneuvers and I agree. Rubio's going to be very formidable and needs to be taken down in order for Rand to become a favorite.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand has a golden opportunity to make some very key contrasts between himself and Rubio in the next couple years.

I don't see what's so formidable about Rubio.

He just speaks in very vague terms. Standard neo-con stuff.

Ask him what he wants to cut from the budget and watch him tie himself in knots.

He may sow the seeds of his own destruction on immigration.

We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    IMO what's formidable about him is that he brings the establishment with him (this is of course why he has to speak in the standard "small government" neo-con lingo while simultaneously promoting more government.) The bankers, the media, all the useful idiots, etc. are what Rubio has going for him. I think it is going to be another fight against the establishment again in 2016. The difference is that 1) Rand is doing the obligatory schmoozing that Ron would never do, and 2) the grassroots have been making greater headway into the party machinery since 2012. These 2 things Rand has going for him.
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 01-20-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    IMO what's formidable about him is that he brings the establishment with him (this is of course why he has to speak in the standard "small government" neo-con lingo while simultaneously promoting more government.) The bankers, the media, all the useful idiots, etc. are what Rubio has going for him. I think it is going to be another fight against the establishment again in 2016. The difference is that 1) Rand is doing the obligatory schmoozing that Ron would never do, and 2) the grassroots have been making greater headway into the party machinery since 2012. These 2 things Rand has going for him.
    I agree, Rubio's establishment connections get him a sit down with Bill O'Reilly and fawning media praise which helps.

But he's a very shallow candidate and because he's beholden to the establishment cannot tell us what he will cut from the Federal budget and instead he just talks in vague terms, kind of like Obama but he will be expected to explain in more detail to the GOP what his vision is and what the specifics are. We won't let him just waffle his way to the nomination.

double post.
    Last edited by itshappening; 01-20-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Ask him what he wants to cut from the budget and watch him tie himself in knots.

We will see.
    What's formidable is that he has many Obama-esque qualities. Terrific speaker, young and energetic, exaggerated but believable personal story. Rand has to attack his record and make him look like a plastic pretty boy, because Rand will never be half as polished as Rubio is.
    Libertarian Republican trying to help break the one-party state in Massachusetts

Looking for new liberty candidates for 2014 and beyond

To compete with Rubio, Rand is going to have to get a new haircut for 2016.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't get why FreedomWorks likes Rubio.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by mz10 View Post
    What's formidable is that he has many Obama-esque qualities. Terrific speaker, young and energetic, exaggerated but believable personal story. Rand has to attack his record and make him look like a plastic pretty boy, because Rand will never be half as polished as Rubio is.
    He won't get away with just telling his personal story in a GOP primary.

He has to offer substance i.e what cuts will he make and will be examined.

Also, his immigration plan might put off conservatives. He's also voted against cutting foreign aid and voted for tax increases in Miami and Tallahassee.

I don't think it will be hard to expose his weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    That may not last.

Notice, he is the first Senator behind the "principled" voters: http://congress.freedomworks.org/key...ort=score_high

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    That may not last.

Notice, he is the first Senator behind the "principled" voters: http://congress.freedomworks.org/key...ort=score_high

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    That may not last.

Rubio voted against both Rand and Mike Lee's budget proposals.

We will see.
    I think it's likely that Rand will support Rubio's immigration plan. I don't think Rand will get an advantage on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I think it's likely that Rand will support Rubio's immigration plan. I don't think Rand will get an advantage on that.
    I don't think he will. Rand already has his vague own plan, and he can contrast his with Rubio's and try to link Rubio to amnesty, which is essentially what Rubio's plan is. It's basically amnesty with the restriction that you can't be a citizen so you can't vote Democrat.

Reid has said he will not allow anything through the senate without amnesty and therefore new Democrat voters in Nevada, Texas and Arizona.

So it's going to put some GOP senators in a tough spot when it comes up for a vote as it will definitely include amnesty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    personally I think it's madness for any Republican to vote to create and franchise new mostly Democrat voters in NV, AZ and TX possibly watching those states turn BLUE and they can forget about the presidency for another generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    It's basically amnesty with the restriction that you can't be a citizen so you can't vote Democrat.
    That actually sounds like a good solution to me.