Thread: Discovery Backs Theory That Oil Is Not A fossil Fuel But Generated in Endless Supply

Discovery Backs Theory That Oil Is Not A fossil Fuel But Generated in Endless Supply

Discovery backs theory that oil is not a fossil fuel but generated in endless supply. If so, oil companies will not want this known.
    Full story: http://wnd.com/news/printer-friendly...TICLE_ID=59991

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That is too cool. I was always a proponent of the fact that God did not make a mistake in creating too few dinosaurs..

Even if true, what's the likelihood that the earth produces anything close to 100 million barrels of crude oil per day, the current rate of worldwide oil consumption? Major light/sweet crude oil fields are producing less and less oil per day, many new oil discoveries are sour/crude, making the refining process more costly, and I believe new discoveries of oil fields are also on the decline. Does it matter where oil comes from if too little of it is being produced quickly enough?

markets need info

Quote Originally Posted by Exponent View Post
    Even if true, what's the likelihood that the earth produces anything close to 100 million barrels of crude oil per day, the current rate of worldwide oil consumption? Major light/sweet crude oil fields are producing less and less oil per day, many new oil discoveries are sour/crude, making the refining process more costly, and I believe new discoveries of oil fields are also on the decline. Does it matter where oil comes from if too little of it is being produced quickly enough?
    Yes it matters because we can price the replenishment rate into the market.
    Bachmann2012.com is For Sale, to benefit RPF and RP2012.

Silver kills vampires: We store. We wait. We win.

Economics, like chemistry, has nothing to do with politics. -Chodorov

Being a renewable resource doesn't make up for how devastating it is to our environment. We still need to develop sustainable energy sources that don't pollute the planet.

No offense, but I will hold my applause till I see it somewhere else than WND.

Not that they aren't trustworthy, I just like to see stuff like that from a couple sources. Plus, they seem to be an ultra-christian website from the looks of the homepage, and thus they might have some reason to promote the "no dinosaurs" version of oil.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by Cogz; 02-02-2008 at 02:32 PM. Reason: typo

I dont think there is any debate to whether or not the earth contiously creates oil. It comes from organic material, so soon oil will be created from dead humans buried thousands of years ago.

The debate is the rate at which the oil is created. There is no way the earth is creating oil at the rate we are burning it.

Now what is funny is if part of jesus is in the next tank of gas you pump. He was buried in the middle east 2,000 years ago.

Interesting!

TBH the whole highly compressed dinosaurs theory always seemed a little off. Neither theory may be right, but that's what makes science fun!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiplitfam View Post
    Discovery backs theory that oil is not a fossil fuel but generated in endless supply. If so, oil companies will not want this known.
    Full story: http://wnd.com/news/printer-friendly...TICLE_ID=59991
    This has been an open secret for some time. This type of news, like solar energy research and breakthroughs, are buried by oil companies. They have so much money they can do just about anything they want.

I hope that was a joke story.
    Furthermore, I hope that it was a joke post.
    </gov't>

Want to be a delegate? Go here: http://www.republicansource.com/primaries.htm

Detailed guide on becoming a delegate: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...567#post412567

Frankly, I'm for global warming. Sure all over the world it will be warmer, but people say that because they don't realize that it means that more land becomes habitable as a result. Think of ALL the land wasted right now in northern Canada and Russia because year round it is TOO DAMN COLD!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilEngineer View Post
    Frankly, I'm for global warming. Sure all over the world it will be warmer, but people say that because they don't realize that it means that more land becomes habitable as a result. Think of ALL the land wasted right now in northern Canada and Russia because year round it is TOO DAMN COLD!
    Maybe more land becomes habitable due to warming, but other land becomes submerged when sea-level rises due to melt-off.

Quote Originally Posted by stewie3128 View Post
    I hope that was a joke story.
    Furthermore, I hope that it was a joke post.
    Actually this theory has been around for quite a while. If you search for abiotic oil you will find plenty of sources. Apparently Russian geologists utilized this theory with great success for years and found large deposits of oil where according to conventional science there should not have been any because of geological history.
    Also, according to those sources many oil fields that were deemed spent are found to have oil in them again at pressures much higher than when production was shut down years ago. This bodes well with the theory that crude is a result of a natural process occurring deep inside Earth.

Never has global warming been harmful to humans. It is pretty cold right now compared to 1500s.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    Never has global warming been harmful to humans. It is pretty cold right now compared to 1500s.
    Science disagrees with you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:1...Comparison.png
    Last edited by Redcard; 02-02-2008 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
    Maybe more land becomes habitable due to warming, but other land becomes submerged when sea-level rises due to melt-off.
    wow...ron paul supporters actually believe al gore? are you kidding me. global warming due to CO2 emissions is one of the biggest scams in history. it's the left's version of the right's war on terror.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.