Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump asked the Pentagon to start planning a military parade

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    I'm getting out of this awful country as soon as I can
    Total empty threat from another prog-left panty-twister.

"I really will": The Stars Who Didn't Move to Canada When Trump Won
    Last edited by sparebulb; 02-07-2018 at 09:32 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Total empty threat from another prog-left panty-twister.

Tell me which comment of his suggests he is what you say he is? I have read a lot of his posts and he seems liberty first to me.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Good.

Been saying this for years now.

If we are going to live in an authoritarian police state (which seems to be for the foreseeable future) then damn it, make it a manly and robust one, with marching military parades and phalanxes of tanks and missiles cruising past.

I'm so sick of the weak, stifling, Grundyism of feminized tyranny: constantly scratching and nagging at me to sit up straight, be nice to the weirdos, embrace the diversity, eat my vegetables and wear a helmet...or else.
    Buona.

Lo sto dicendo da anni ormai.

Se vivremo in uno stato di polizia autoritario (che sembra essere per il prevedibile futuro), allora dannazione, renderlo un uomo virile e robusto, con sfilate militari in parata e falangi di carri armati e missili che passano oltre.

Sono così stufo del debole, soffocante, Grundyism della tirannia femminizzata: costantemente grattarmi e tormentarmi per stare seduto dritto, essere gentile con i bizzarri, abbracciare la diversità, mangiare le mie verdure e indossare un casco ... o altro.

Rendi l'Italia grande di nuovo!

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Tell me which comment of his suggests he is what you say he is? I have read a lot of his posts and he seems liberty first to me.
    Same.
    There is no spoon.

I'm surprised you can't tell by his prog-left rhetoric, the empty threats to leave the country, and the obvious symptoms of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

I'm surprised you can't tell by his prog-left rhetoric, the empty threats to leave the country, and the obvious symptoms of Trump Derangement Syndrome.
    You obviously couldn't find one post? I know he doesn't have a lot of posts, but you can't find one that suggests that he is somewhat antagonistic to the position of liberty?

I post too many anti-trump and anti-theist things so some dishonest people, like NCL in particular, will make up a biography about me so they can dismiss anything I say without actually using their very limited reasoning capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Fare thee well and get ye lost.
    Show me a place that hasn't been ruined by decades of imperialism and we might be able to work something out.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

I think we have more than enough troops to have a parade in every major city in the US. Apparently over a million active duty military. We spend more than 100 billion every year just for their benefits/pay. Jeez I'm getting out of this awful country as soon as I can
    Head to New Zealand. We'll try to meet you there.

You obviously couldn't find one post? I know he doesn't have a lot of posts, but you can't find one that suggests that he is somewhat antagonistic to the position of liberty?
    You don't pay attention, do you?

Zippy tactic 101:

Demand proof of claim.

When proof is provided...

Ignore, slink away to troll another day.

I don't have the time to play these trolls' games.

I call it like I see it.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Head to New Zealand. We'll try to meet you there.
    See you soon!

Maybe he'll bring back the original salute during the Pledge of Allegiance too. The one from before the hand on your heart thing. That would be YUUUGE.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Show me a place that hasn't been ruined by decades of imperialism and we might be able to work something out.

I don't believe there is anyplace better than the US to run to, but if the virus thinks so I wish him a speedy journey there.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

“So you’re saying it’s OK to lie!”
    is a joke you’ll get if you’ve read Scott Adams’ latest masterpiece, Win Bigly: Persuasion in a World Where Facts Don’t Matter. (Hint: It’s in the section on cognitive dissonance.) It’s also a great starting point for the central thesis of Adams’ book – The Two Movies Hypothesis.
    According to Adams (and in fact all of the Nobel-winning cognitive science available), humans do not reason from facts to conclusions. We instead hold biased conclusions about the world, and force the facts we observe from the world to conform to this conclusion, or story, or narrative, or movie as Adams calls it. Americans are watching two movies.

Thus if Trump wants to hold a military parade, he’s just like the dictator of North Korea. Or he’s a patriotic American honoring the troops. (A third interpretation, which is too advanced for a country where half of the population is losing its mind on any given day, is that Trump is an amoral actor who knows that Democrats will make the tactical blunder of opposing a military parade, and thus the parade isn’t about Hitler or honor, it’s about winning.)

Half of the country is watching one movie on Trump, based on how they subjectively alter the facts to conform to their conclusion about Trump. The other half of the country is watching a movie where the economy is entering a Golden Age, as the stock market rises, companies invest heavily in America, and our military has tremendous success against ISIS.

In a rational world, people would update their priors about the world. If, for example, you said you opposed Trump because you feared a stock market crash, you’d say, “Huh? Looks like I was wrong. I no longer oppose Trump.” Yet that’s not how humans work.

As Benjamin Franklin quipped, “So convenient a thing to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for every thing one has a mind to do.”
    Adams, as any skilled comedian, is able to distill truths into smaller, understandable insights. If you read David Hume (A Treatise of Human Nature), Simon Blackwell (Ruling Passions) and Kahneman and Tversky (Choices, Values, and Frames), his book will be an excellent practical application of timeless wisdom and cognitive science.

If you’re new to the idea that you aren’t rational, Win Bigly will trigger cognitive dissonance within yourself, as you declare that everyone else might be lying to themselves, but you can’t be tricked by your own mind.

With Win Bigly, Adams has cemented himself as a national treasure.

P.S. Don’t miss this interview I did with Scott Adams on Trump and how to Win Bigly at life.

You can watch that interview here.

Hope you are winning bigly,
    Mike Cernovich

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Protesters Vow to Lie Down in Front of Tanks at Military Parade

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trump-tiananmen-square-protesters-vow-lie-down-front-181704975.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Protesters Vow to Lie Down in Front of Tanks at Military Parade

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...181704975.html

Why do they think this will be allowed to happen?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Why do they think this will be allowed to happen?
    Because like all spoiled brats they were always allowed to have their way while growing up and now they can't imagine life treating them any differently.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Paul;
    Sen. Rand Paul: Trump’s military parade is a good idea if we bring troops home from Afghanistan first

A military parade in the nation’s capital? The last military parade in Washington was in 1991, after our victory in the first Iraq War.

Though the martial image of high-stepping soldiers is not one I tend to associate with our nation’s Founders’ distrust of a standing Army, I’m not against a victory celebration. So I propose we declare victory in Afghanistan, bring home our 14,000 troops and hold a victory parade.

We defeated the enemy in Afghanistan. We killed or captured the terrorists who planned, plotted, or aided in the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. We killed the ringleader, Osama bin Laden. We disrupted the terrorists’ camps where they plotted and trained. We dislodged the Taliban government that aided and abetted bin Laden.

We just don’t know how to appreciate a good thing. A big part of our foreign policy failures is not knowing when and how to declare victory. So, why not a parade? Bring the troops home and declare the victory that should have been declared years ago.

The only reason victory is elusive in Afghanistan is that presidents continue to have an impossible definition of victory. If victory is creating a nation where no real nation has ever existed, then no victory will ever occur.

If victory requires the disparate tribes and regional factions of Afghanistan to have more allegiance to a regime in Kabul than to their local tribal leaders, then victory will never come.

We spend about $50 billion a year in Afghanistan. When quizzed in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee recently, undersecretaries of Defense and State could not answer the most rudimentary of questions concerning the war.

How many Taliban fighters do we face? Blank faces for an answer. What percentage of the Taliban are unrepentant terrorists unwilling to negotiate? Blank faces again.

The Taliban now control a significant amount of Afghanistan’s real estate. Are the Taliban open to negotiating, considering that they appear to be winning? Blank faces again, but with perhaps a touch of remorse, knowing that there really is no possible military solution in Afghanistan.

The neocons are unaccustomed to nuance in victory. They seem to have learned some lesson about unconditional and total surrender when America dropped atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki to end World War II with the surrender of Japan, and they seem unwilling or unable to accept any other form of victory.

So, by all means, a parade – yes! As long as it is a victory parade heralding an end to America’s longest war.
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...tan-first.html

He should make it an LGBTQ military parade. Have the rainbow battalion march first.

You know, not everyone that disagrees with you is a paid shill right?
    Of course. That's why I didn't mention anyone else.

I post too many anti-trump and anti-theist things so some dishonest people, like NCL in particular, will make up a biography about me so they can dismiss anything I say without actually using their very limited reasoning capabilities.
    No, I don't need to make up anything. I actually read all your posts. Every single one. You people just aren't very good at what you do. Nice try, though!
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 02-08-2018 at 05:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

You don't pay attention, do you?

Zippy tactic 101:

Demand proof of claim.

When proof is provided...

Ignore, slink away to troll another day.

I don't have the time to play these trolls' games.

I call it like I see it.

Yep; you can call out the Soros people 100 times in a row, and they'll still give the same, lame template reply of What? Who? Me?!
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 02-08-2018 at 05:23 AM.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

It is easier to call names than to actually debate or provide useful information to a discussion. "Sorros!" "Troll!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    It is easier to call names than to actually debate or provide useful information to a discussion. "Sorros!" "Troll!"

It's easier to attempt hiding and deflection than to actually discuss why you posted something.

I hear that there are a bunch of liberals who plan to lay down in front of the tanks like the students did in Tienanmen Square.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Sen. Rand Paul: Trump’s military parade is a good idea if we bring troops home from Afghanistan first.

A parade in the nation’s capital? The last military parade in Washington was in 1991, after our victory in the first Iraq War.

Though the martial image of high-stepping soldiers is not one I tend to associate with our nation’s Founders’ distrust of a standing Army, I’m not against a victory celebration. So I propose we declare victory in Afghanistan, bring home our 14,000 troops and hold a victory parade

Hear Hear

And yet to date you have never engaged me in actual debate.

In any incarnation. (is there a note?)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The bastille day parade doesn't include Taepodong-class missile launchers....Trump didn't say he wanted missile launchers, Trump really didn't say anything about what equipment he wanted anyways. So Chuck Schumer also called for a military parade in 2014 including strike craft flyovers, was he compared to an authoritarian dictator? Get the $#@! out with this bull$#@! fake news fearmongering.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast