Thread: Boogity-boogity meth'll make you pluck out your eyes

Boogity-boogity meth'll make you pluck out your eyes

Mother of woman, 20, who gouged out eyes speaks on hazards of illegal drugs

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/25...gal-drugs.html

The mother of a South Carolina woman who gouged her eyes out with her hands earlier this month is speaking out on the risks of illegal drug use.

Kaylee Muthart, 20, terrified churchgoers in Anderson County, S.C., after people witnessed the woman removing her eyeballs on Feb. 6, 2018. People reported the woman was hallucinating at the time of the incident.

Fox Carolina reported a few officials “had to subdue her enough so she could start receiving medical assistance.”

“It took two or three of our guys and two EMTs” to subdue her enough that she could start receiving medical assistance, Sheriff Chad McBride of the Anderson County Sheriff’s Office said.

Muthart’s mother, Katy Tompkins, told People that doctors informed her that her daughter was blind from the incident.

“That was a struggle, I can’t even explain that feeling when I found out, it was horrifying. Complete terror,” Tompkins told People. “I was thankful she was alive, but I knew something was wrong with her.”

Tompkins said doctors believed her daughter used methamphetamine laced with another substance which caused her to hallucinate.

Tompkins said Muthart believed “the world was upside down” and she “heard voices that told her to sacrifice her eyes in order to make it to heaven.”

She said her daughter started using methamphetamine last year when she moved out. Tompkins said she tried to get her daughter to get help just days before the incident.

“The day before it happened, which was my birthday, I was getting ready to have her committed, just to get her off the streets and away from it,” Tompkins said. “But I was too late.”

Despite the horrific episode, Tompkins said her daughter is recovering well, but will have a long recovery period.

“She’s been doing wonderfully. Each day at a time, she just gets a little better and better,” she said. “She’s getting all different kinds of treatment, but she’s going to have to re-learn everything. It’s like she’s almost starting life over again.”

Tompkins said her daughter would move back in with her after she is discharged from the hospital. She has set up a GoFundMe page to raise money for a seeing-eye dog for her daughter.

The mother said she has spoken to other parents whose children have struggled with drugs.

“This is something you never think is going to happen to you, but it did,” Tompkins said. “A lot of the mothers I talked to have kids that have been addicted to heroin for 10, 15 years and I’m like, ‘How did you get through it?’ My daughter was doing it for six months and it literally tore me up.”

Tompkins said Muthart would like to tell her story one day to help others.

“I don’t know how I’m getting through it, but she has given me strength. It’s weird to say, but she uplifts me right now and she’s the one that can’t see. That’s just the kind of person she is,” Tompkins said. “I’m thankful. It’s a horrible thing, but I’m still thankful because God spared her life.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    sorry, maybe not the case with every tweaker. . . but I saw too many people $#@!ed up from that drug. . . IMO the boogity-boogity is called for

I'm not a fan, either. As a person who suffers from chronic allergies, access to sudafed, one of the main ingredients in meth is restricted. Not fun, since my husband also suffers from seasonal allergies and needs sudafed a couple of weeks out of the year.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse_Rider View Post
    sorry, maybe not the case with every tweaker. . . but I saw too many people $#@!ed up from that drug. . . IMO the boogity-boogity is called for
    Agreed

Do as you please, but if ever a boogity boogity were warranted, it would be with bathtub meth.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Agreed

Do as you please, but if ever a boogity boogity were warranted, it would be with bathtub meth.

Tompkins said doctors believed her daughter used methamphetamine laced with another substance which caused her to hallucinate.
    Quality has always been an issue.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

A sensible psychonaut would readily take ten blotters before they took one gram of meth.

Acid's not going to hurt you. Meth will.

**Don't Do Meth**

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

**Don't Do Meth**
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Pretty much this^... she probably made it wrong... or with substandard ingredients.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse_Rider View Post
    This... ^

We aren't talking about a plant. You're talking stuff made with brake fluid and crap.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Shouldn't drink Draino either.
    Yet it's legal.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Yet it's legal.
    WoDraino?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Yet it's legal.
    Wonder how the piquant flavor of some Drano goes with the delicate nuances of a Tide Pod?

I can recall some quality home cooked meth made before the precursor chemicals were banned in the 80s.

What's passed off as "methamphetamine" today is nothing but random chemical poisons, which is what is killing people, just like the adulterated heroin.

Thanks again government.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I can recall some quality home cooked meth made before the precursor chemicals were banned in the 80s.

What's passed off as "methamphetamine" today is nothing but random chemical poisons, which is what is killing people, just like the adulterated heroin.

Thanks again government.
    I remember holding a Kilo of pure Pharmaceutical crystal Meth.
    Enjoyed some,, shared some.. and made some rent money.

Truckers loved it.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I remember holding a Kilo of pure Pharmaceutical crystal Meth.
    Enjoyed some,, shared some.. and made some rent money.

Truckers loved it.
    I strongly suspect those amphetamines were not methamphetamines.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    PURE Methamphetamine. Pharmacy Grade Pure Crystal.

It was a long time ago.. and was common treatment for hyperactivity.

It may have fallen off a truck for all I know.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Yeah,, what passes for 'meth' really ain't.

But I forget that I am referencing a time before some members here were born.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Barring her having some kind of existing disassociative mental condition she aggravated by tweaking to the gills.....

She either had been up for an extended period of time (getting into day 3 of being awake in a tweaked state hallucinations start) or she got her methamphetamine from one of the idiots that passes today for a cook who failed to break down their lithium correctly and topped that mistake off with an incorrect rinse leaving this lithium in their dope. That leads to lithium toxicity which is further aggravated by dehydration which is common if someone uses meth to go to space which can induce meth psychosis, which is temporary but no less a psychotic state while it runs it's course.

My bet is on the last one.

And side note....the "back in my day quality debates" is just the above mentioned idiots passing for cooks not knowing what they're doing and over reducing their ephedrine. Methamphetamine is methamphetamine whether made using P2P, red phosphorous, or birch reductions with ephedrine. But in the late 90s when some genius decided to post a basic anhydrous birch process everyone and their brother decided they were meth cooks because of something they read on the net, instead of having had someone teach them the why and how regarding the organic chemistry to make it.....just like someone had done for them prior.

And yeah....I found myself friends with a wrong crowd in my early 20s
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post

And yeah....I found myself friends with a wrong crowd in my early 20s
    I joined the Army in my youth,, and there were all manner of substances,,and chemical mixes available.
    Of course I experimented with everything. Once the Lies about Cannabis were revealed,, I went in search of what else was what.

some strange concoctions, some performance enhancing,, from the mind expanding to the mind numbing.

Live and learn,, if you live
    and if you learn.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Yet it's legal.
    The meth problem is a fascinating mirror of the weak human . Obviously all meth heads do not rip out the eyes or they could not see to steal the items they sell to buy more meth . Maybe if it was legal it would be cheaper and they could just sell ass to get it instead .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    The meth problem is a fascinating mirror of the weak human . Obviously all meth heads do not rip out the eyes or they could not see to steal the items they sell to buy more meth . Maybe if it was legal it would be cheaper and they could just sell ass to get it instead .
    Or become a highly valued productive employee.. Keep that line going,,
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

About a hundred years ago with I was a kid had a little run( couple of times per week) with meth that lasted about a year. It started making my chest hurt so I quit doing it. Still, I was able to see back then that there was a certain type of person who was more likely to become strung out on it. It seemed to me that a lot of depressed Viet Nam vets and depressed people were more likely to use more than just recreational they seemed to be treating their depression.
    It gave me way too much energy and I had a very difficult time sleeping on it. I never did the amounts I saw others doing. I would do about a kitchen match head sized dose and zoom all day on it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.