Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Democrat debate tonight in Houston on ABC

Democrat debate tonight in Houston on ABC

Watch the Third Democratic Debate on ABC Thursday, September 12 at 8|7c and 5p

By Jim Donnelly | Sep 10th, 2019

The third Democratic debate airs live Thursday, September 12 at 8|7c and 5p on ABC and Univision. Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos, "World News Tonight" Anchor and Managing Editor David Muir, ABC News Correspondent Linsey Davis and Univision Anchor Jorge Ramos will moderate the event. ABC News is partnering with Univision on the third debate sanctioned by the Democratic National Committee. The debate will take place at Texas Southern University's Health & PE Center in Houston. Watch on the ABC app from your smartphone and tablet (iOS and Android), computer on ABC.com and connected devices (Roku, AppleTV and Amazon Fire TV).

The following 10 candidates have qualified to participate in the debate. The debate format will be one minute and 15 seconds for direct responses to questions, and 45 seconds for responses and rebuttals. Candidates will have the opportunity to deliver opening statements, but there will be no closing statements.

Former Vice President Joe Biden
    New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker
    South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg
    Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro
    California Sen. Kamala Harris
    Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar
    Former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke
    Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders
    Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren
    Entrepreneur Andrew Yang

ABC News' powerhouse political team, including Chief Global Affairs Correspondent Martha Raddatz, Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl, Senior White House Correspondent Cecilia Vega, Senior Congressional Correspondent Mary Bruce, Senior National Correspondent Terry Moran, Political Analyst Cokie Roberts, Special Correspondent Matthew Dowd, FiveThirtyEight Editor-in-Chief Nate Silver, Reporter Rachel Scott and Contributors Yvette Simpson, Heidi Heitkamp, Rahm Emanuel and Chris Christie will be on the ground reporting the latest developments from the campaign trail and the candidates, and providing analysis before and after the debate.

https://abc.go.com/news/insider/watc...nd-the-abc-app

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump
    Last edited by tommyrp12; 09-12-2019 at 06:04 PM.

DNC Debates Round 2: Rise of the Clowns
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It just started and is nothing but all of the same old exact one-liners.

FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    Yang gang!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    nothing but all of the same old exact one-liners.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The Constitution is no obstacle when it comes to confiscation.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let’s all take a moment and reflect silently upon the life and deeds of St. John McCain.

Was that Kamala Harris who praised the “late, great John McCain”?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Julian Casto is the whiniest little bitch ever to stand on a debate stage, bar none.

Beto “Lil’ Lenin” O’Rourke 2020: Make totalitarian communism great again!

Kamala Harris just made a joke inferring that Trump has a small penis. She laughed so hard and so long it became a little creepy.

Booker, always the copy cat, just made a joke about Trump’s hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    It just started and is nothing but all of the same old exact one-liners.

LOL

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Beto “Lil’ Lenin” O’Rourke 2020: Make totalitarian communism great again!
    “Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47,” he shouted over cheers from the audience. “We’re not going to allow it to be used against our fellow Americans anymore.”

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oro...ake-your-ar-15

O’Rourke's debate-stage vow: ‘Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15’

Arguing for a mandatory buyback of assault weapons, Democratic presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke declared during Thursday night’s presidential debate, “Hell yes, we are going to take your AR-15, AK-47.”The line from the former congressman from Texas received loud applause from the audience at the third-round debate, which was held in Houston.

2020 DEMOCRATS RAMP UP CALLS FOR MANDATORY ASSAULT WEAPONS BUYBACK
    Answering Republicans' argument that Democrats will take away people’s weapons, O’Rourke said that “we’re not going to allow them to be used against our fellow Americans anymore.”
    In the wake of multiple deadly mass shootings last month, including two in Texas, many of the Dem candidates stepped up their calls for the federal government to start buying back assault-style weapons from owners – with some of the White House hopefuls urging mandatory buybacks.
    O'Rourke was among the candidates to recently declare, “Americans who own AR-15s and AK-47s will have to sell their assault weapons.”
    O'Rourke's campaign quickly took to Twitter to fundraiser off the debate moment. Showing the picture of an assault weapon, the campaign tweeted "Beto has a plan for that."

2,043 people are talking about this

O’Rourke was complimented by his rivals on the debate stage for his outspoken efforts on the issue of gun violence. He suspended his campaign last month and returned to his home town of El Paso after a mass shooting there that left 22 people dead and many more injured. O’Rourke has made stemming gun violence an integral part of his campaign.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kamala Harris just made a joke inferring that Trump has a small penis. She laughed so hard and so long it became a little creepy.
    Well , she clearly has the upper hand on penises on the stage as far as we know .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Well , she clearly has the upper hand on penises on the stage as far as we know .
    Kind of funny that when she talked about her rise to fame, didn’t mention the Willie that helped her...

Blast from the past...

On the local SF station that showed the debate, John Dennis was interviewed for a Republican response to the debate...

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    “Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47,” he shouted over cheers from the audience. “We’re not going to allow it to be used against our fellow Americans anymore.”
    Challenge accepted. HE leads the stack.

Democrats distilled into 3 main sales pitches:

- free stuff for everybody.
    - be afraid, climate change, world ending.
    - be afraid, white boogie man under your bed.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Challenge accepted. HE leads the stack.
    Beto has been pretty clear. He wants to use the full force of government to disarm you, rob you, and give your home to someone else.

A true revolutionary Marxist, with death and destruction on his mind.

Beto has been pretty clear. He wants to use the full force of government to disarm you, rob you, and give your home to someone else.

A true revolutionary Marxist, with death and destruction on his mind.
    I often wonder what country im in.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Come and get them, $#@!s...I triple dog dare you.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I often wonder what country im in.
    Taken away from all of us...mostly because we refused to say what needed to be said and refused to do what needed to be done.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I didn't waste my time watching that hot mess but how did Castro qualify and not Gabbard? She's loads more popular than Castro is. There's even a giant Tulsi 2020 billboard on a major interstate right after you cross into SC from NC.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I didn't waste my time watching that hot mess but how did Castro qualify and not Gabbard? She's loads more popular than Castro is. There's even a giant Tulsi 2020 billboard on a major interstate right after you cross into SC from NC.
    Because she is against the neocon foreign policy agenda.

Didn't even watch the debate at all.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast