Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Assange indicted on 17 new charges under Espionage Act

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    While Assange is being indicted on these charges, Hillary walks free. Unbelievable.
    I am confident that Trump will move to put her in jail any day now. /s

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Why would he put his long time buddy in jail? Lol
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yep. Pretty soon hes going to order the FBI to arrest her.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Focus.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Trump is playing (fill in blank) D chess...!
    This cliche has become so tiresome. In fact, most of the sarcasm on this forum is just boring.
    I think we're seeing more sarcastic comments on threads, than meaningful ones and it makes the forum dull and not worth reading.

Couldn't we make an effort to stick with posting comments that give details about significant events, with updates thereof? and answering questions when possible? and describing alternative perspectives on issues - which may be provide helpful insight?

I really want to keep track of what's happening to Julian Assange, but I come to a thread like this and see comments where people are just sniping at each over Trump being so far from perfect. Wasn't that always a given? Did anyone here ever expect things to turn perfect under Trump? I don't think so. Regardless of all the things Trump does which do not measure up to what I want to see, he will always be less damaging than Hillary Clinton. This is not group therapy and nursing grudges against Trump, serve no purpose.

If, and when, the time comes, i want to know what I can do to help Julian Assange.

Rand's strategy here is politically expedient but rather spineless in calling for immunity in exchange for testimony.
    That is from an interview that is almost a year old...didn’t find anything from Rand yesterday or today.

Senator Rand Paul Thinks Julian Assange Should Be Granted Immunity for Testimony
    by Cassandra Fairbanks - August 15, 2018

Speaking to the Gateway Pundit, Senator Paul asserted that Assange likely has important information about the hack and that it’s unlikely he would agree to testify without immunity.
    “I think that he should be given immunity from prosecution in exchange for coming to the United States and testifying,” Senator Paul told the Gateway Pundit. “I think he’s been someone who has released a lot of information, and you can debate whether or not any of that has caused harm, but I think really he has information that is probably pertinent to the hacking of the Democratic emails that would be nice to hear.”
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...for-testimony/
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-24-2019 at 10:20 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Praying for Julian....
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Now Julian Assange Is a Martyr

Julian Assange, the Australian national who founded WikiLeaks, was indicted Thursday for soliciting classified information from an American whistle-blower in 2010 and publishing sensitive military files as well as State Department cables.

Unlike his source, then–Army Private Chelsea Manning, who pledged to protect state secrets to get a security clearance, Assange had no obligation to the U.S. government, and appears to be in legal jeopardy for some actions that are virtually indistinguishable from journalism.
    The charges set a precedent “that can be used to target all news organizations that hold the government accountable by publishing its secrets,” the ACLU warns, adding, “If the US can prosecute a foreign publisher for violating our secrecy laws, there’s nothing preventing China, or Russia, from doing the same.” The civil-liberties organization says the Assange case marks the first time in American history that criminal charges are being brought “against a publisher for the publication of truthful information” under the Espionage Act of 1917.
    That law “draws no distinction between the leaker, the recipient of the leak, or the 100th person to redistribute, retransmit, or even retain the national-defense information that by that point is already in the public domain,” the law professor Stephen Vladeck has noted. And that is only one of the reasons it ranks as one of the most flagrantly authoritarian laws in U.S. history.

Our First Amendment declares, “Congress shall make no law … abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press.” But in 1917, Congress made just such a law, the Espionage Act, in part to abridge the freedom to speak out against World War I.

It did so at the urging of President Woodrow Wilson...
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ge-act/590200/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Be sure to also write strongly worded letters to your congressmen!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    That is from an interview that is almost a year old...didn’t find anything from Rand yesterday or today.
    I am just assuming his position has not changed. Love him or hate him, Paul is usually consistent.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did ANY of the TDS folks sign the petition?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    On a scale of 1-10, how much do you think they care about what you think or about a petition for that matter?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    On a scale of 1-10, how much do you think they care about what you think or about a petition for that matter?
    They claim to care about Assange, if they really did they would sign the petition.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They claim to care about Assange, if they really did they would sign the petition.
    Signing or not signing a petition is inconsequential when the political class doesn’t give two $#@!s about what you think.

Be glad Dear Leader doesn’t have him see a firing squad.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Signing or not signing a petition is inconsequential when the political class doesn’t give two $#@!s about what you think.

Public pressure can affect things and if there is the slightest chance that it will and you REALLY care about Assange you should sign it.

It doesn't cost you anything.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What a joke..

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You're adorable.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What a joke..

So, he's going to pardon him right Danno?
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What a joke..

Yes, Donald Trump is a joke.

Long before he said that bull$#@!, too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    You're adorable.
    I take that as a confession that you don't care about Assange and just view him as a way to attack Trump.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    So, he's going to pardon him right Danno?
    I'm actually hoping he gets off without needing a pardon, but yes, I would hope so.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Still waiting for even one of the TDS crowd to sign the petition.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    ▶Anonymous 05/23/19 (Thu) 21:48:27 27b2b5 (1) No.6572364>>6572424
    Q
    What can you tell us about Assange??

▶Q !!mG7VJxZNCI 05/23/19 (Thu) 22:01:32 0f664c (2) No.6572667>>6572676 >>6572677 >>6572679 >>6572680 >>6572682 >>6572685 >>6572686 >>6572688 >>6572690 >>6572692 >>6572695 >>6572696 >>6572697 >>6572701 >>6572702 >>6572703 >>6572704 >>6572708 >>6572709 >>6572711 >>6572712 >>6572713 >>6572715 >>6572716 >>6572718 >>6572719 >>6572720 >>6572721 >>6572723 >>6572724 >>6572726 >>6572729 >>6572731 >>6572733 >>6572734 >>6572738 >>6572741 >>6572747 >>6572748 >>6572752 >>6572753 >>6572757 >>6572759 >>6572760 >>6572761 >>6572762 >>6572764 >>6572767 >>6572768 >>6572770 >>6572780 >>6572783

>>6572364 (/pb)

Under protection.
    Threat is real.
    Key to DNC 'source' 'hack' '187'.
    Q
    If Trump is playing chess and the plan is for Assange to come out alright then the strategy must be to get the left to like Assange again and defend him so that when he pulls the rug out from under Russiagate they can't just dismiss it because "he is in league with Trump and Putin"

If that is the plan then it seems to be working already:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Now Julian Assange Is a Martyr

Julian Assange, the Australian national who founded WikiLeaks, was indicted Thursday for soliciting classified information from an American whistle-blower in 2010 and publishing sensitive military files as well as State Department cables.

Unlike his source, then–Army Private Chelsea Manning, who pledged to protect state secrets to get a security clearance, Assange had no obligation to the U.S. government, and appears to be in legal jeopardy for some actions that are virtually indistinguishable from journalism.
    The charges set a precedent “that can be used to target all news organizations that hold the government accountable by publishing its secrets,” the ACLU warns, adding, “If the US can prosecute a foreign publisher for violating our secrecy laws, there’s nothing preventing China, or Russia, from doing the same.” The civil-liberties organization says the Assange case marks the first time in American history that criminal charges are being brought “against a publisher for the publication of truthful information” under the Espionage Act of 1917.
    That law “draws no distinction between the leaker, the recipient of the leak, or the 100th person to redistribute, retransmit, or even retain the national-defense information that by that point is already in the public domain,” the law professor Stephen Vladeck has noted. And that is only one of the reasons it ranks as one of the most flagrantly authoritarian laws in U.S. history.

Our First Amendment declares, “Congress shall make no law … abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press.” But in 1917, Congress made just such a law, the Espionage Act, in part to abridge the freedom to speak out against World War I.

It did so at the urging of President Woodrow Wilson...
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ge-act/590200/

Last edited by Swordsmyth; 05-24-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Still waiting for even one of the TDS crowd to sign the petition.
    If it pleases the Crown might You consider not imprisoning journalists for eternity?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If it pleases the Crown might You consider not imprisoning journalists for eternity?
    If you want to launch a shooting revolt let me know.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If you want to launch a shooting revolt let me know.
    Obviously I was talking about Kim Kardashisian 2020.

She’s rich so she wouldn’t be beholden to the deep state. /airplane glue fueled full retard ideas

Obviously I was talking about Kim Kardashisian 2020.

She’s rich so she wouldn’t be beholden to the deep state. /airplane glue fueled full retard ideas
    You are venting gas and calling it speech, you don't really care about Assange or you would do anything that might help him even if it is a longshot, signing the petition doesn't even cost you anything but you don't care about Assange, you are just virtue signalling your TDS.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I came back from a DMT trip and the vision was clear. Hillary Clinton would have imprisoned Julian Assange for two life sentences.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast