Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Idaho Abortion Human Rights Act

Thumbs up The Idaho Abortion Human Rights Act

Two pro-life constitutionalists in the Idaho state legislature are deadly serious about putting an end to the abortion slaughter in the Gem State. They have thrown down the gauntlet on the abortion issue. Boasting the best voting records in Idaho with the state Constitution are seasoned Representative Heather Scott and freshman Representative John Green, who are cosponsoring a bill to end the murdering of unborn human beings. Their bill, The Idaho Abortion Human Rights Act, would close loopholes that now exempt abortion from the state’s murder statute.
    The Scott-Green bill is in marked contrast to the recently passed legislation in New York permitting pre-natal infanticide up until birth, and in Virginia, where even post-natal infanticide may now be permitted. New York Governor Andrew Cuomo sent a shock through the nation in January by signing into law a bill that allows pre-born babies to be killed up to the moment of birth.

Cuomo, a Democrat, called it a victory for “our progressive values.” Then he and state legislators celebrated the license-to-kill law by having the spire of the One World Trade Center lit up in pink. Thomas Peters tweeted a night photo of the display, with the apropos comment: “Now it looks just like the needle that is used to supply the lethal injection to the living unborn child.” Virginia Governor Ralph Northam, also a Democrat, upped the ante by declaring that, under new legislation in his state babies could be killed even after birth, though the bill's propoenents say that is not true. The bill has currently been tabled.

Killing Pre-born Babies Is Murder
    Section 18-4001 of the Idaho Code defines murder as “the unlawful killing of a human being including, but not limited to, a human embryo or fetus, with malice aforethought or the intentional application of torture to a human being, which results in the death of a human being.” However, other portions of state law permit abortion. Section 18-4016, Idaho Code, specifically exempts doctors performing abortions and the women who request them from being prosecuted for murder.
    Representatives Scott and Green are determined to end this injustice. In a press release, they state, “The Idaho Abortion Human Rights Act is a bill honoring Article I, Section 18 of the Idaho Constitution, which states in part that ‘Courts of justice shall be open to every person,’ and ‘right and justice shall be administered without … denial, delay, or prejudice.’”
    Separately, Idaho Code 32-102 states in part that “a child conceived, but not yet born, is to be deemed an existing person.” The Idaho Abortion Human Rights Act is aimed at the heart of the issue regarding abortion, noting that Article I Section 1 of the Idaho Constitution states, “All men … have certain inalienable rights, among which are enjoying and defending life…and securing safety.”
    “By allowing legal access to abortion in Idaho statutes, Idaho is currently alienating what are supposed to be the inalienable rights of all persons in the jurisdiction of Idaho,” say Scott and Green. “The act also strikes at the core of the abortion issue as to why abortion is wrong, that it is murder,” says the legislative duo. They go on to remark: “In footnote 54 of the Roe v. Wade decision, Justice Harry Blackmun, delivering the opinion of the court wrote that Texas’ attempt to argue to the Supreme Court the right to life of the fetus failed because Texas did not itself treat the fetus as a person in its own statutes when it allowed exceptions for abortion and when it did not treat the mother securing the abortion as liable for any crime. The Idaho Abortion Human Rights Act is the first legislative proposal in Idaho since Roe v. Wade, without exceptions, that honors the preborn persons as worthy as the rest of us in regards to fundamental human rights and equal protection under law.”
    According to Scott and Green, their bill is not specifically aimed at establishing a court challenge to Roe v. Wade, which “progressives” worship as holy writ. “The act is also not an attempt to establish a test case for federal judicial review,” they say. “ Rather, it recognizes that the courts render opinions that are sometimes unconstitutional and that the State of Idaho and its officers are bound by oath to original interpretation of the constitutions. Idaho, as a sovereign state within the federal republic, has the fundamental duty to act as a check and a balance to the federal government when it errs on constitutional issues. The executive and legislative branches are to act as a check and a balance against unconstitutional errors of the judiciary. In fact, courts don’t make laws, legislatures do.”

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...tion-is-murder
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “a child conceived, but not yet born, is to be deemed an existing person.”
    LOL.

I'd love to see this law enacted for the sheer hilarity of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    LOL.

I'd love to see this law enacted for the sheer hilarity of it.
    I agree, murdering babies is a human right, how could they think of outlawing it?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I agree, murdering babies is a human right, how could they think of outlawing it?
    Rendering every fertilized egg a person will have some effects besides just that.

I imagine the police will be quite busy examining every tampon and pad in the state.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Rendering every fertilized egg a person will have some effects besides just that.

I imagine the police will be quite busy examining every tampon and pad in the state.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In vitro fertilization will also have to go; it would be mass murder.
    Pinochet is the model

In vitro fertilization will also have to go; it would be mass murder.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I know. Not only are you bad at reading, logic, and politics, you're also bad at medicine. It's fine.
    Pinochet is the model

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know. Not only are you bad at reading, logic, and politics, you're also bad at medicine. It's fine.
    You are bad at logic, there is such a thing as human discretion in interpreting the law, we aren't governed by mindless AI just yet.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You are bad at logic, there is such a thing as human discretion in interpreting the law, we aren't governed by mindless AI just yet.
    Do you think that it is or should be legal for a doctor to intentionally kill dozens of people to save one?
    Pinochet is the model

Do you think that it is or should be legal for a doctor to intentionally kill dozens of people to save one?
    Why should I answer an obvious trap question that includes none of the important details you intend to spring on me?
    You are asking me to behave as if I was an AI not a human.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Why should I answer an obvious trap question that includes none of the important details you intend to spring on me?
    You are asking me to behave as if I was an AI not a human.
    When you say 'we have discretion in applying the law' what I actually hear is 'the government gets to decide if they want to kill you, imprison you, or not based on their whims.'

Y'know, the whole 3 felonies a day thing.
    Pinochet is the model

When you say 'we have discretion in applying the law' what I actually hear is 'the government gets to decide if they want to kill you, imprison you, or not based on their whims.'

Y'know, the whole 3 felonies a day thing.
    Sure, nobody is ever going to use this law against anyone who didn't deliberately abort a child in the womb, this is an absolute no-brainer, it is not like the kind of vague laws you are comparing it to.
    Only an AI could be as stupid as you are pretending people would be.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Sure, nobody is ever going to use this law against anyone who didn't deliberately abort a child in the womb, this is an absolute no-brainer, it is not like the kind of vague laws you are comparing it to.
    That's not what it says. It says that all fertilized eggs are people.

If a mother had an ectopic pregnancy, what would the doctor do? Commit murder, commit murder, or commit negligent manslaughter?

Only an AI could be as stupid as you are pretending people would be.
    If the government can just magically enforce or not enforce laws however it pleases, regardless of what the laws say, then why have any laws at all? Just let the government 'human discretion' whenever it's needed.
    Pinochet is the model

That's not what it says. It says that all fertilized eggs are people.

If a mother had an ectopic pregnancy, what would the doctor do? Commit murder, commit murder, or commit negligent manslaughter?
    Justifiable Homicide.

If the government can just magically enforce or not enforce laws however it pleases, regardless of what the laws say, then why have any laws at all? Just let the government 'human discretion' whenever it's needed.
    Obviously a balance is needed between the two extremes, mindless "zero-tolerance" is actually worse than government by human discretion, the latter can work quite well and did throughout history at times in tribal societies when the leaders were halfway decent but the former is by definition always the same and always bad.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    Euthanizing kittens and puppies and cats and doggies is horrible, we should make it illegal.
    And I like Jack Kevorkian. Just saying.
    But no tax money should ever be used for abortion. Very wrong, forcing people who believe it wrong, to pay for it.
    And, I don't think anybody should be forced to bring a defective child into the world. Including down syndrome.
    I know, your heart is big enough in hypothetical land, where your life suddenly ends up revolving around somebody, with no real hope of them leaving the nest. It can happen, bust most of the time, they become wards of the state.
    I know it sounds cold-hearted and all, but, let's be real... 5% of the population takes up 85% of the healthcare.
    Rape, incest, hell no they do not have to carry to term. Disgusts me to hear it suggested, due to some dogmatic purity of belief.
    And of course life of mother. That's a no-brainer, to me.
    People always horrified of the realities of reality.
    I have met in my life thousands of people, I would be worried about, if they became parents. Jesus.
    I mean like juggalo homeless types. All sorts of people, who could simply not handle a kid, and of course, many, too messed up in the head to ever to remember birth control, and everybody eventually $#@!ing everybody else in the community.
    Wards of the state by age eight. It's not that we don't want them, but a lot of them become wards for a reason, and are already pretty messed up psychologically.
    Sterilization, is a step too far.
    There are a lot, and I mean a lot, of people out there very messed up for a lifetime on all sorts of drugs, legal and illicit.

Plus, calling it murder is hyperbole. If it is murder, let's hang the... ...un-mothered? Oh, just the doctors, right? Let's start throwing all the women who had an abortion in prison, because abortion is just like murder. She still "conspired" (always women, IKR!!?!?) with the doctor. I'm sorry, I don't think women who have had abortions, are allowed to even consider themselves murderers. I certainly don't think people can ever judge a woman who has had an abortion as a murderer, even if the law said so. Useless guillt. Is what it is.

That's far different than I think about murder. I find murder to be on a far, far, far more evil level, than abortion. So to me, hearing "abortion is murder" is ludicrous. I know it to be hyperbole. It's not even the same thing.

It's just like the 13 million here illegally... ..you can't just send them all back. Not enough manpower. That's a reality that idealism and ideology simply can not overcome. Unless the nation gathered a 500,000 man task force, to get them all out in 10 years.

Same with the often lifetime task load of all the unwanted pregnancies. Many of them become wards of the states, and foster home fodder. Yeah tons of foster kids come out great. Good for them, I mean it. But lots of them, come out of the foster care system pretty messed up. Another dark reality of humanity. The proverbial homes of orphans and widows.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Euthanizing kittens and puppies and cats and doggies is horrible, we should make it illegal.
    And I like Jack Kevorkian. Just saying.
    But no tax money should ever be used for abortion. Very wrong, forcing people who believe it wrong, to pay for it.
    And, I don't think anybody should be forced to bring a defective child into the world. Including down syndrome.
    I know, your heart is big enough in hypothetical land, where your life suddenly ends up revolving around somebody, with no real hope of them leaving the nest. It can happen, bust most of the time, they become wards of the state.
    I know it sounds cold-hearted and all, but, let's be real... 5% of the population takes up 85% of the healthcare.
    Rape, incest, hell no they do not have to carry to term. Disgusts me to hear it suggested, due to some dogmatic purity of belief.
    And of course life of mother. That's a no-brainer, to me.
    People always horrified of the realities of reality.
    I have met in my life thousands of people, I would be worried about, if they became parents. Jesus.
    I mean like juggalo homeless types. All sorts of people, who could simply not handle a kid, and of course, many, too messed up in the head to ever to remember birth control, and everybody eventually $#@!ing everybody else in the community.
    Wards of the state by age eight. It's not that we don't want them, but a lot of them become wards for a reason, and are already pretty messed up psychologically.
    Sterilization, is a step too far.
    There are a lot, and I mean a lot, of people out there very messed up for a lifetime on all sorts of drugs, legal and illicit.

Plus, calling it murder is hyperbole. If it is murder, let's hang the... ...un-mothered? Oh, just the doctors, right? Let's start throwing all the women who had an abortion in prison, because abortion is just like murder. She still "conspired" (always women, IKR!!?!?) with the doctor. I'm sorry, I don't think women who have had abortions, are allowed to even consider themselves murderers. I certainly don't think people can ever judge a woman who has had an abortion as a murderer, even if the law said so. Useless guillt. Is what it is.

That's far different than I think about murder. I find murder to be on a far, far, far more evil level, than abortion. So to me, hearing "abortion is murder" is ludicrous. I know it to be hyperbole. It's not even the same thing.

It's just like the 13 million here illegally... ..you can't just send them all back. Not enough manpower. That's a reality that idealism and ideology simply can not overcome. Unless the nation gathered a 500,000 man task force, to get them all out in 10 years.

Same with the often lifetime task load of all the unwanted pregnancies. Many of them become wards of the states, and foster home fodder. Yeah tons of foster kids come out great. Good for them, I mean it. But lots of them, come out of the foster care system pretty messed up. Another dark reality of humanity. The proverbial homes of orphans and widows.
    At what point does it change from "abortion" to murder?
    If there is a difference then you should be able to tell me when the change happens.

And we can deport most of the illegals or cause them to self deport to avoid deportation.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    At what point does it change from "abortion" to murder?
    I don't know. You are the one calling them murderers, not I.
    Answer your own question.

Conception or first breath? Very deep, kemosabe. You chose one, and of this, you are sure.
    I chose the other, and of that, I am sure, and here we are.
    Last edited by UWDude; 02-20-2019 at 12:58 AM.

I don't know. You are the one calling them murderers, not I.
    Answer your own question.
    We know that taking human life is murder, it is up to you to make the case that prior to some discernible point it isn't a human life.

Conception or first breath? Very deep, kemosabe. You chose one, and of this, you are sure.
    I chose the other, and here we are.
    There are other options, I was a premature child so I can personally tell you that the baby is human before 9 months, I am willing to consider other points like the first heartbeat or the first ability to feel and react to pain etc. but I need to be convinced.

Give me your best shot.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    We know that taking human life is murder, it is up to you to make the case that prior to some discernible point it isn't a human life.

There are other options, I was a premature child so I can personally tell you that the baby is human before 9 months, I am willing to consider other points like the first heartbeat or the first ability to feel and react to pain etc. but I need to be convinced.

Give me your best shot.
    Already told you. First breath. No need for me to try to convince you, or you to convince me.

Already told you. First breath. No need for me to try to convince you, or you to convince me.
    First breath is unscientific superstition, the baby is capable of independent action inside the womb.

If you don't want to discuss this further then I will drop it for now.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    First breath is unscientific superstition.
    And I think conception is unscientific superstition.

and here we are.

And I think conception is unscientific superstition.

and here we are.
    I am willing to consider thresholds in between, you are not.

and here we are.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    I am willing to consider thresholds in between, you are not.

and here we are.
    yup.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Justifiable Homicide.
    Uh, congrats, you just legalized abortion.
    Pinochet is the model

Uh, congrats, you just legalized abortion.
    Not hardly, not anymore than that concept legalizes murder.

You have to have justification.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It already does. With advances in technology many couples are cryogenically storing embryos for such as a time as they want to have them implanted and carried to term. If the couples separate or if one of the people dies, then who gets custody of the embryos? It’s a thing. Courts, attorneys, judges. Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy, whether viable or not. Destruction of embryos outside the uterus is a different thing altogether.

Try to keep up.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Destruction of embryos outside the uterus is a different thing altogether.
    All embryos are equal, but some embryos are more equal than others?

IVF kills dozens of people to create a single baby. Isn't that mass murder?

Not to mention, during the IVF process, multiple fertilized eggs are implanted into a woman of unknown fertility. Quick googling suggests that the success rate is about 40%. What if they don't take? Whose fault is it? The woman? The doctor? Is this, as @Swordsmyth argues, justifiable homicide once more?

After one failure, can the doctors try again, using a new batch of people in the hopes of fulfilling the couple's desire to have a child (but not through adoption, mysteriously)?

It seems to me that, if this law passed, there could be good business in being a lawyer representing fertilized eggs in Idaho. Alternatively, if on the hunt for murderers, one could simply examine tampons.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy, whether viable or not.
    The Idaho bill affects things other than abortion.
    Last edited by TheCount; 02-20-2019 at 08:33 PM.
    Pinochet is the model

Not hardly, not anymore than that concept legalizes murder.

You have to have justification.
    Justification being that a doctor exists who is willing to perform the procedure and who says that it's "necessary" for the mother.
    Pinochet is the model

Justification being that a doctor exists who is willing to perform the procedure and who says that it's "necessary" for the mother.
    That is not justification enough unless there is a good medical reason.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast