Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How About a REAL Liberty Perspective

How About a REAL Liberty Perspective

I originally posted this in the "Dark" thread but I think we need to talk about this as it's own subject.

You know, part of liberty is to allow people to vote how they wish- I am for that, even though I may think their choice is stupid/outrageous/insane etc.

What I am NOT for is the constant name-calling and degradation of those who do NOT support Trump. Every post that shows some negative aspect of Trump is countered by name-calling, personal insults, and innuendos by 99.9% of Trump supporters. Only a few actually talk about the subject itself, and show a real alternate POV.

Of course, when opposers finally have had enough of the insults and fire back, then the hue and cry is about the poor Trumpets and the abuse they suffer. Even worse is when people who just post news articles, and do not degrade ANYONE, (like @CPUd) are constantly called names and insulted beyond measure, usually WITHOUT little, or any, argument against the article itself. And, If there is an argument, it's always about the source, not the content.

My POV is to read EVERYTHING. All sides should be read on a subject that one holds dear- that is really the only way to be able to hold good dialog about any subject and understand all points that are brought up.

IF you really wish to change hearts & minds, a good argument is based on facts, your personal POV, and acceptance of those who disagree. The next few months are only going to get worse and if you really want Trump as president, try some intelligent persuasion.

I can guarantee if Hitlery wins it will be as much the Trump supporters fault as those against.
    There is no spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems like the Trump supporters are the folks who are largely on the receiving end of the name calling, Ender. Granted, a lot of the Trump supporters aren't very good representatives for their candidate.

good post. one thing ive noticed is the use of the word "cuck" by posters here to denigrate any anti trump position. that is a word that was never used here prior to trump and originates from the white nationalist crowd from other sites. now it may be that it just became appropriated by some posters but anytime i see that term i view it as if i'm reading from a stormfront poster and not a libertarian or conservative

Um, no, those words are usually reserved for people who do not support Johnson. Which I will never, ever do. Never.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Both the hard core Trump and hard core anti-Trump people should get their own forum like the religion forum so those fights stay segregated from the rest of the forums.

I think the name-calling goes both ways... probably about 50-50.

seems to me the anti-Trumpers are more vitriolic, though.

I've never called a Johnson supporter a name. I've never called anyone a name, unless it was like Sparky or Pal.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

What a scam, I bet Ender could not stop laughing when he posted that. The anti-Trump people spew all kinds of hate and insults for simply discussing the race and Trump. After awhile some hit back and then the anti-Trump people cry to the mods or make posts like this after stirring things up.
    Last edited by kahless; 07-23-2016 at 07:35 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    dupe
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post

What a scam, I bet Ender could not stop laughing when he posted that. The anti-Trump people spew all kinds of hate and insults for simply discussing the race and Trump. After awhile some hit back and then the anti-Trump people cry to the mods or make posts like this after stirring things up.
    Took down the giant flag and changed it to a bull$#@! detector, lol.

Ender is usually pretty nice to people. I don't read through all the Trump drama but I can't see him name calling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Both the hard core Trump and hard core anti-Trump people should get their own forum like the religion forum so those fights stay segregated from the rest of the forums.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Took down the giant flag and changed it to a bull$#@! detector, lol.

Ender is usually pretty nice to people. I don't read through all the Trump drama but I can't see him name calling.
    I thought it was going to be a small flag and turned out to be ridiculously huge after I posted it.

I've never seen a cat smile like that.

Lol @ "real liberty perspective" on a thread about voting.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

This is (was?) a libertarian forum.

So, why in the hell are Trump promoters allowed to be here at all?

...it was actually decided months ago that they weren't, but there has been ~0 enforcement of that policy.

Would Romney supporters have been allowed to run amok here last cycle?

Or McCain supporters the cycle before that?

Absurd
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 07-23-2016 at 07:57 PM.

One doesn't have to be a Trump supporter to grow weary of the constant stream of leftist crap that some people post on here.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    One doesn't have to be a Trump supporter to grow weary of the constant stream of leftist crap that some people post on here.
    "Leftist crap" = "criticism of Trump"

How about you self-deport back to Stormfront?

Stormfront is so,.....so,.."90s". And I never hung out there, anyway.

I prefer the Unz Review, Vox Popoli, Taki's Magazine, American Renaissance, and The Mises Institute,...and of course, Lew Rockwell.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    This is (was?) a libertarian forum.

So, why in the hell are Trump promoters allowed to be here at all?

...it was actually decided months ago that they weren't, but there has been ~0 enforcement of that policy.

Would Romney supporters have been allowed to run amok here last cycle?

Or McCain supporters the cycle before that?

Absurd
    The thing is, it's not limited to just election threads. There is such a strong personal hatred between the two sides that fights break out between people on totally unrelated forums that have nothing to do with politics. Keep politics, politics. Don't make it personal. That's my beef.

Report the insults when you see them. Like this one:

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Shut up bitch.

Go hawk some more dick pills.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    I think he directed that at Alex Jones who isn't a member here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I originally posted this in the "Dark" thread but I think we need to talk about this as it's own subject.

You know, part of liberty is to allow people to vote how they wish- I am for that, even though I may think their choice is stupid/outrageous/insane etc.

What I am NOT for is the constant name-calling and degradation of those who do NOT support Trump. Every post that shows some negative aspect of Trump is countered by name-calling, personal insults, and innuendos by 99.9% of Trump supporters. Only a few actually talk about the subject itself, and show a real alternate POV.

Of course, when opposers finally have had enough of the insults and fire back, then the hue and cry is about the poor Trumpets and the abuse they suffer. Even worse is when people who just post news articles, and do not degrade ANYONE, (like @CPUd) are constantly called names and insulted beyond measure, usually WITHOUT little, or any, argument against the article itself. And, If there is an argument, it's always about the source, not the content.

My POV is to read EVERYTHING. All sides should be read on a subject that one holds dear- that is really the only way to be able to hold good dialog about any subject and understand all points that are brought up.

IF you really wish to change hearts & minds, a good argument is based on facts, your personal POV, and acceptance of those who disagree. The next few months are only going to get worse and if you really want Trump as president, try some intelligent persuasion.

I can guarantee if Hitlery wins it will be as much the Trump supporters fault as those against.
    Cool, man. *thumbsup* I hope you can find people genuinely interested in liberty. Not many in 'Murica-not even on this site. :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Of all the people I see posting on here, r3volution 3.0 seems to be the one with the most perpetually foul disposition.

,....as if he was born with a piss fountain continuously flowing into his Wheaties.

I think there needs to be a safe-space indicator. Maybe like the green dot that indicates you're online. You just go into safe-space mode, the little doohickey next to your username lights up, and anybody that insults you while you're in your safe-space gets banned.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    ...the poor Trumpets...
    What is a Trumpet, Ender?

I think he directed that at Alex Jones who isn't a member here.
    I guess the dick pills didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    What is a Trumpet, Ender?
    a musical instrument with an orange hue that works by blowing hot air into it

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I guess the dick pills didn't work.
    That's debatable. He's been a dick on here as long as I can recall.

Something caused it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I think there needs to be a safe-space indicator. Maybe like the green dot that indicates you're online. You just go into safe-space mode, the little doohickey next to your username lights up, and anybody that insults you while you're in your safe-space gets banned.

That's a great idea! I want a Franzia box safe-space indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    That's debatable. He's been a dick on here as long as I can recall.

Something caused it.
    I don't think think he's a dick, I was just joking around because he seemed so mad about the dick pills.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast