Thread: Litecoin at $390 - up almost 5000%

Litecoin at $390 - up almost 5000%

I put more money into Litecoin than into my Bitcoin Wallet for two reasons...

1: Litecoin is faster - It takes 2.5 minutes to create a block versus Bitcoins 10 minutes
    2: Litecoin is better tech - this is a bit more complicated, but I believe it to be more decentralized and has faster transaction speeds.

I've been saying it on these forums for months, I am long LTC.

Made me lots of money this morning.

Oh yeah, for all the haters, Bitcoin is up to $17,061
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

1: Litecoin is faster - It takes 2.5 minutes to create a block versus Bitcoins 10 minutes
    2: Litecoin is better tech - this is a bit more complicated, but I believe it to be more decentralized and has faster transaction speeds.

yeah I tripled my LTC a week or so ago just cuz so many people were pumping it, I had been buying ETH primarily as I find it more intriguing, but Litecoin is definitely better for BTC as far as usefulness imho. When it gets to 1/4 BTC I'll be getting out of it though.

I've noticed a trend over time that the "best" technology generally loses out to the cheaper or better marketed technology.

Not sure how this applies to crypto, other than bitcoin is obviously the most popular right now.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Coinbase is down right now, too. People trying to sell LTC can't because of traffic....

man they need to work this stuff out. I'd be pissed if I were trying to sell.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Coinbase is down right now, too. People trying to sell LTC can't because of traffic....

man they need to work this stuff out. I'd be pissed if I were trying to sell.
    How many merchants accept LTC vs. bitcoin?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    How many merchants accept LTC vs. bitcoin?
    dunno, how many merchants accept bitcoin vs. visa?

Have you ever done any implementations to accept bitcoin as a merchant? In its current state it is inefficient and frustrating
    If LTC gets more attention I would think it will even out fairly quickly.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 12-12-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    dunno, how many merchants accept bitcoin vs. visa?

Have you ever done any implementations to accept bitcoin as a merchant? In its current state it is inefficient and not reliable.
    If LTC gets more attention I would think it will even out fairly quickly.
    Seems like the volatility could create some problems too.

Looks you can get a sandwich and a trip with bitcoin.

https://99bitcoins.com/who-accepts-b...take-bitcoins/

How is it better tech? The block rate, isn't tech. It's just a an interval caused by a simple change of a couple variables in the bitcoin codebase litecoin was created from.

I'm unaware of any litecoin specific tech.

I'm not saying litecoin is bad, just unaware of any special tech in it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Old Russian BTC-e exchange Got shut down by the FEDS(US and Russian) ----> with all my lite coins -- I doubt I ll ever get them back. ( The new exchange that they opened up under WEX.nz only Answers my support ticket after two weeks,but they do it with nonsensical blather. Then I repeat my issue...ad infinitum...
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Ripple is way up today also. As a comparison when it comes to technology, excuse the large graphic.

Combine that with bank's and card issuers like Amex adopting the Ripple tech I would expect a surge. Japan and South Korea banks are testing the tech this week. If all goes well they will adopt Ripple this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Ripple is way up today also. As a comparison when it comes to technology, excuse the large graphic.

Combine that with bank's and card issuers like Amex adopting the Ripple tech I would expect a surge. Japan and South Korea banks are testing the tech this week. If all goes well they will adopt Ripple this spring.
    A centralized solution for an oligarchy of credit card companies. Sounds Great to me.

Man, if only someone on this forum had said something 1-2 weeks ago to buy LTC.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Before LTC blew up, traded it for an altcoin and the altcoin only doubled instead of triple with LTC

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    A centralized solution for an oligarchy of credit card companies. Sounds Great to me.
    Maybe when they first started out they did not have enough validators and Bitcoin fans used to rail on that as being centralized besides the company mining a little over half of the currency. But all the crypto's started out without validators until adoption picked up. Currently financial institutions and people can and do operate validators in the Ripple network, and could stop trusting Ripple's validators as necessary, and just trust each other's validators. The XRP on the network is not controlled by anyone. Anyone can issue assets on Ripple.

As with anything investors and financial institutions are going to look at who has the best tech. Bitcoin as shown in the graphic is at a disadvantage to other cryptocurrencies. This is why I believe LTC is taking off since investors are seeing that and looking elsewhere. I am pointing out Ripple since it is usually in the topic 3-5 in cryptocurrencies with LTC and in 2017 has the superior tech for greater adoption.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post

Ripple?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...52#post6567952
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 12-26-2017 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckinMike View Post
    The Old Russian BTC-e exchange Got shut down by the FEDS(US and Russian) ----> with all my lite coins -- I doubt I ll ever get them back. ( The new exchange that they opened up under WEX.nz only Answers my support ticket after two weeks,but they do it with nonsensical blather. Then I repeat my issue...ad infinitum...
    Your coins are gone?? No tokens either? You sure? I had all my coins in Wex when I logged back in and some tokens..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's tanking atm... curious if anyone sees it going under $150...

crypto noobs pumping their coins.

LTC has exactly the same tech as Bitcoin. It is a pure clone with a few parameters changed.