Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhausted Amazon Drivers Are Working 11-Hour Shifts For Less Than Minimum Wage

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    When the Amazon drone commercial fleet replaces all delivery drivers, we will see who is complaining then.
    I think it is already here...

Amazon's 75,000 New Robots Are Your Answer To No Wage Inflation
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...wage-inflation

Amazons main shipping facility is here in my home town, so I meet people that have worked for Amazon all the time. I also see a saturation of job postings for warehouse workers as well. Thing is, most of the warehouse jobs for Amazon are temp jobs that are handled by a Temp Agency so Amazons reputation is protected. These are Temporary Jobs, and not even directly employed by Amazon.

Sadly, what this all confirms is that Amazon views the majority of its workforce to be disposable. When robots and drones replace the disposable human workforce, the true state of the economy will become visible. We dont produce anything here any more. A good portion of what we do produce is already handled by machines, and that has the potential to also be fully automated. The robots and drones will be manufactured overseas. Maintenance will be handled by very few people. Then we will truly see how far we have fallen.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I do not even use amazon , and if I lived in the UK and I also would not . Interesting thing for you guys about UK minimum wage is there are age groups . Adult is considered 25 and over ( 7.5 pounds ). There is 21 - 24 age group ( 7.05 pounds ) , 18 - 20 (5.60 ) , under 18 ( 4.05 ) and apprentice at 3.50 . Raise next year puts top rate @ 7.83 , I think that would be around 10 1/2 dollars. So , if they are 25 and working 11 hours and currently making less than 103.50 US dollars a day then it would be under minimum wage best I can tell . If anyone does not like it they should not use the service .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-11-2017 at 06:44 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In the US, Amazon subcontracts out a lot of their delivery. https://www.geekwire.com/2016/amazon...t-contractors/

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    In the US, Amazon subcontracts out a lot of their delivery. https://www.geekwire.com/2016/amazon...t-contractors/
    I just assumed they would everywhere . Most people do not employ drivers and own trucks to deliver .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12