Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modern Art Is Worse Than Garbage, Its Money Laundering For Elitist

Modern Art Is Worse Than Garbage, Its Money Laundering For Elitist

Now, let me donate my "painting" so I can get a tax writeoff.

$#@! NO.

Throw $#@!ing Modern Art in the $#@!ing woods.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If somebody is willing to pay a certain price for something should it matter if we like it or not? The "is it art" and "is it worth it" question is as old as art itself.

Art is usually a poor financial investment.

And then you get an artist says he doesn't want to paint at all
    He takes an empty canvas and sticks it on the wall
    The birds of a feather all the phonies and all of the fakes
    While the dealers they get together
    And they decide who gets the breaks
    And who's going to be in the gallery

No lies he wouldn't compromise
    No junk no bits of string
    And all the lies we subsidise
    That just don't mean a thing
    I've got to say he passed away in obscurity
    And now all the vultures are coming down from the tree
    So he's going to be in the gallery
    Dire Straits- In the Gallery lyrics. https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/dire...hegallery.html

If somebody is willing to pay a certain price for something should it matter if we like it or not? The "is it art" and "is it worth it" question is as old as art itself.

Dire Straits- In the Gallery lyrics. https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/dire...hegallery.html
    You're right on this one. Its value is subjective like everything else.

ETA: I think a distinction should be made between legitimate "modern art" like Expressionism which aims to create a true gestalt and bull$#@! "modern art" that is just a bunch of random elements randomly thrown together without thought (like the stuff in the vid).
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 11-28-2017 at 03:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Get lost, garbage is garbage, money laundering is money laundering and zippy is a troll.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    You're right on this one. Its value is subjective like everything else.
    Ummmm..... NO

Some people like to eat pecan pie others don't, NOBODY likes to eat a mud pie.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Get lost, garbage is garbage, money laundering is money laundering and zippy is a troll.
    Yes, yes and yes. $#@!ing with people's brains is not nice.

Another similar opinion from across the pond

There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Ummmm..... NO

You'd think so, but there might be some bizarre people out there who do. Austrian value theory FTW.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Ummmm..... NO

There's men out there that buy @Suzanimal's nasty old crocks. Everything is subjective as to what anyone will place value on.

You'd think so, but there might be some bizarre [insane] people out there who [think they] do. Austrian value theory FTW.
    The insane are irrelevant when discussing reality, those involved in creating and sustaining "modern art" are not insane they are money launderers, they started with inflating the market for real art but that was too restrictive, it required them to find and support real artists, so they created "modern art" and now they can get any bum or relative to vomit on canvas and use it to launder almost any amount of money they choose, every year they push the values higher and higher so they can launder more and more, they just reached new heights with the phony "Da Vinci" the other day.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    There's men out there that buy @Suzanimal's nasty old crocks. Everything is subjective as to what anyone will place value on.
    Except for the bitcoins. This thing has a real value, doesn't it?

The insane are irrelevant when discussing reality
    Except when you are trying to distort everybody else's reality.

I don't think I would pay a whole lot, but I would definitely pay something for her old crocks. Might not cover shipping, though..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If somebody is willing to pay a certain price for something should it matter if we like it or not?

I think it really matters if that "somebody" is the taxpayer.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ummmm..... NO

Toddlers are the proper producers and consumers of "modern art" as well, last I checked they didn't have much money to buy it with and nobody payed them much for it, they also usually produce better quality "art" than the money launderers.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The value we place on many things is subjective. I dont have any problem with that.

What I do have a problem with is the Elitist Group creating a system of fraud. It took DaVinci three years to paint The Last Supper, and took some asshat about 3 seconds to paint "Untitled". Now, if I wanted to rip people off, I'd print money. That is theft thru fraud because the counterfeit currency steals its value from the existing money supply. The example of artwork mentioned called "Untitled" equates to me as nothing but counterfeit art because it steals its value from the existing real art.

What is happening is this fraud and counterfeit art exploits the average persons emotional response to art by assigning it a monetary value, which is then used to avoid paying taxes. It really isnt that different than the way that money works. We operate on a Fiat Currency, which in its very design is counterfeit because it steals its value from the existing supply of currency, and the value is only determined by the emotional context in the belief that the quantity of currency has and its association with real world value.

Both Modern and Classical Art do have an emotional context and emotional value to them, and that is the way that they should be kept. There are also many things that I believe to be beautiful in life that are not created by humans, and those things give me a strong emotional context, as I am sure they do to others. Keeping those beautiful things in an emotional context only I think allows us to keep a perspective on what is true beauty and worthy of strong emotional context, and that for the most part is the way they should be kept.

So here's a couple of points of the Communist Manifesto found here:

22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all form of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to
    "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings," substituting shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.
    23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. " Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
    24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
    Although I will look at that with a grain of salt and question is actuality, the intent as described does seem to be a means of psychological warfare where a populous is taught to reject its own culture and heritage, which is exactly what would happen if the people thought that Modern Art were truly representative of the culture of a freedom loving civilization.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Now that most people are on to your game--I'm guessing the brown stuff you're eating is not mud.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Now that most people are on to your game--I'm guessing the brown stuff you're eating is not mud.
    Can that qualify as Modern Art? :P
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    The value we place on many things is subjective. I dont have any problem with that.

What I do have a problem with is the Elitist Group creating a system of fraud. It took DaVinci three years to paint The Last Supper, and took some asshat about 3 seconds to paint "Untitled". Now, if I wanted to rip people off, I'd print money. That is theft thru fraud because the counterfeit currency steals its value from the existing money supply. The example of artwork mentioned called "Untitled" equates to me as nothing but counterfeit art because it steals its value from the existing real art.

What is happening is this fraud and counterfeit art exploits the average persons emotional response to art by assigning it a monetary value, which is then used to avoid paying taxes. It really isnt that different than the way that money works. We operate on a Fiat Currency, which in its very design is counterfeit because it steals its value from the existing supply of currency, and the value is only determined by the emotional context in the belief that the quantity of currency has and its association with real world value.

Both Modern and Classical Art do have an emotional context and emotional value to them, and that is the way that they should be kept. There are also many things that I believe to be beautiful in life that are not created by humans, and those things give me a strong emotional context, as I am sure they do to others. Keeping those beautiful things in an emotional context only I think allows us to keep a perspective on what is true beauty and worthy of strong emotional context, and that for the most part is the way they should be kept.

So here's a couple of points of the Communist Manifesto found here:

Although I will look at that with a grain of salt and question is actuality, the intent as described does seem to be a means of psychological warfare where a populous is taught to reject its own culture and heritage, which is exactly what would happen if the people thought that Modern Art were truly representative of the culture of a freedom loving civilization.
    I don't understand the bolded bit. New art literally can't take value from old art. New art's value might be vastly inflated, but that's a different story.

Can I sniff your feet? and other strange fetishes of Kenyan men - https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/evew...-of-kenyan-men

Is that Zippy at a modern art display?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't understand the bolded bit. New art literally can't take value from old art. New art's value might be vastly inflated, but that's a different story.
    Mostly its perceptual theft. It isnt real art, but calling it art by "critics" is supposed to indicate that a crayon doodle has as much value as the Sistine Chapel.
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Mostly its perceptual theft. It isnt real art, but calling it art by "critics" is supposed to indicate that a crayon doodle has as much value as the Sistine Chapel.
    Also the term artist gets thrown around way too losely. Art and artist once meant something. For instance, calling oneself an artist these days, tends to be an excuse to be an unemployed, drug addicted weirdo who produces nothing of artistic value.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/chuha/2284021219/

Elephants Painting, Maesa Elephant Camp, Thailand

Touristy as it gets but really, in addition to soccer, darts, and harmonicas, these elephants are quite the painters! learn more about them.

Elephants have better taste and skill.

I think it really matters if that "somebody" is the taxpayer.
    Not necessarily. This board is made up of people who thinks people should pay somewhere between little and no taxes. If someone uses their creativity to lower the tax they pay, who are we to argue?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Not necessarily. This board is made up of people who thinks people should pay somewhere between little and no taxes. If someone uses their creativity to lower the tax they pay, who are we to argue?
    We are the people who get our entire lives stolen by those same people who create these loopholes for themselves, THAT is who we are to complain.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast