Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Bans Bump Stocks

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I knew this whole thing was going to fizzle within 10 hours... totally called it. It always fizzles out within a day or two.. you have a few laggers who still think he means it, then it never happens and everybody forgets when it happens again.

I can't believe some of you guys still aren't seeing the pattern here..
    Trump $#@!s the bed and then someone explains it to me an ambiguous manner and when they don't make any coherent argument they just claim that you don't understand the complexities because you aren't smart enough.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Trump $#@!s the bed and then someone explains it to me an ambiguous manner and when they don't make any coherent argument they just claim that you don't understand the complexities because you aren't smart enough.
    Trump didn't do anything. Bumps stocks aren't banned.

Is that coherent enough?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Is that coherent enough?
    I'm going to say it again, because I think you don't watch Ron Paul because you don't seem to understand it. Ideas matter and bad ideas have bad consequences. I thought you would be the expert on 4d chess but the deep state is destroying you.

Is that coherent enough?
    Trump is selling the idea that there is a government solution to a problem is that coherent enough?

This thread is proof you posted fake news, Trump didn't pass any gun control.. it's not gun control if it isn't effective.
    What gun control is effective?

He stated he directed the ATF, by regulatory fatwa, (the worst sort of ban) to ban the sale of a fairly common firearm accessory.

That's gun control.

Period.

Future scenario in which there is a shooting and bump stocks are/aren't banned.

1. See, you shoulda banned the bump stocks like I told you so
    2. See, more people would of died if they had a bump stock-we should ban XYZ

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

He stated he directed the ATF, by regulatory fatwa, (the worst sort of ban) to ban the sale of a fairly common firearm accessory.

That's gun control.

Period.

I'd +rep you if I could, brother.

I tell ya, with friends like these ...
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I'd +rep you if I could, brother.

I tell ya, with friends like these ...
    It's Bush the Elder all over again.

He banned "assault weapons" by simply directing the ATF to ban imports, after incrementally banning parts, accessories and certain models first.

And we know what happened to him, politically.

Import Ban on Assault Rifles Becomes Permanent

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us...permanent.html

By SUSAN F. RASKY; Special to The New York Times

Published: July 8, 1989

WASHINGTON, July 7— The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles. Imports of the weapons have been suspended since spring.

The permanent ban affects all but 7 of the 50 models included in the spring suspension. It does not affect the far larger number of virtually identical weapons manufactured domestically, nor does it affect foreign-made semiautomatic weapons already in the United States.

Does anyone (with functioning intellect) believe that the gunfire in Las Vegas was due to "bump Stocks"? or any other add on device?

Does anyone here believe the MSM story?

I Know I do not.

I heard Full Auto fire from Two(at least) distinctly different guns. Bull$hit story is Bull$hit.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

It's Bush the Elder all over again.

He banned "assault weapons" by simply directing the ATF to ban imports, after incrementally banning parts, accessories and certain models first.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us/import-ban-on-assault-rifles-becomes-permanent.html

Yes, I remember it vividly. That and his betrayal on the whole "no new taxes" thing led to his being a single term president. Republicans are always instrumental in getting the most heinous victim disarmament passed.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Future scenario in which there is a shooting and bump stocks are/aren't banned.
    Highly unlikely,,except for some fool shooting himself playing with dumb stuff.

They have absolutely no real world purpose.

Just buy an M-16 lower parts group,, and modify your AR..

Inexpensive, simple, illegal and yet commonly available. It is legal to own if you don't own an AR.

Piss away all the ammo you can afford.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Yes, I remember it vividly. That and his betrayal on the whole "no new taxes" thing led to his being a single term president. Republicans are always instrumental in getting the most heinous victim disarmament passed.
    I'm outta ammo myself...owe ya a rep.

These devices do not turn "legal weapons into machine guns".

But Pete's plan will be banned in this, count on it.

And this is gun control.

Trump: I’ve Directed AG ‘to Propose Regulations to Ban All Devices That Turn Legal Weapons Into Machine Guns’

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/...-machine-guns/

BREAKING: President Trump says he’s directed AG Sessions to clarify if bump stocks are illegal and to propose regulations to “ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns.” pic.twitter.com/cnZ2mc08TF
    — NBC News (@NBCNews) February 20, 2018

by Ian Hanchett 20 Feb 2018

While speaking on Tuesday, President Trump announced that he signed a memo “directing the attorney general to propose regulations to ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns.”

Trump said, “[A]fter the deadly shooting in Las Vegas, I directed the attorney general to clarify whether certain bump stock devices, like the one used in Las Vegas, are illegal under current law. That process began in December. And just a few moments ago, I signed a memorandum directing the attorney general to propose regulations to ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns. I expect that these critical regulations will be finalized, Jeff, very soon.”

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    The base is delusional.

It won’t cost him a single vote. They will be out there in their MAGA ball caps again and rallying hard to keep the red team in the White House.
    Yes they are,
    So are his cheerleaders like ConservativeTreeHouse and ThomasPaine/TruePundit.
    Stuff like this and Neocon aggression...
    they simply don't publish (or 'spin'.)
    I watch it daily.

Last edited by goldenequity; 02-21-2018 at 10:53 AM.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These devices do not turn "legal weapons into machine guns".

But Pete's plan will be banned in this, count on it.

And this is gun control.

Trump: I’ve Directed AG ‘to Propose Regulations to Ban All Devices That Turn Legal Weapons Into Machine Guns’

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/...-machine-guns/

BREAKING: President Trump says he’s directed AG Sessions to clarify if bump stocks are illegal and to propose regulations to “ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns.” pic.twitter.com/cnZ2mc08TF
    — NBC News (@NBCNews) February 20, 2018

by Ian Hanchett 20 Feb 2018

While speaking on Tuesday, President Trump announced that he signed a memo “directing the attorney general to propose regulations to ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns.”

Trump said, “[A]fter the deadly shooting in Las Vegas, I directed the attorney general to clarify whether certain bump stock devices, like the one used in Las Vegas, are illegal under current law. That process began in December. And just a few moments ago, I signed a memorandum directing the attorney general to propose regulations to ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns. I expect that these critical regulations will be finalized, Jeff, very soon.”

Yes, this most definitely IS gun control. But it's GOOD, orvat least OK gun control 'cause Trump did it. Just ask his official water (Kool-Aid) carrier around here.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    The base is delusional.

It won’t cost him a single vote. They will be out there in their MAGA ball caps again and rallying hard to keep the red team in the White House.
    Disagree.

The country is divided right down the middle, each side loathes the other.

Just half a percent of disgruntled "base" staying home will swing it one way or the other.

Would Pence have caved? Maybe join with Dems calling of impeachment of that SOB.

Today, I am directing the Department of Justice to dedicate all available resources to complete the review of the comments received, and, as expeditiously as possible, to propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns.

That's gun control.

Period.
    No it isn't...

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., said President Trump's plan to order a ban on "bump stocks" is not enough, and that her legislation codifying the ban should be taken up in Congress.
    Feinstein pointed to a statement from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives last year that they lacked the power to ban the devices, which can increase a gun's rate of fire.
    Feinstein last year introduced a bill to ban bump stocks as well as similar devices.
    “If ATF tries to ban these devices after admitting repeatedly that it lacks the authority to do so, that process could be tied up in court for years, and that would mean bump stocks would continue to be sold. Legislation is the only answer," Feinstein said in a statement Tuesday.

More at: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/de...rticle/2649570
    Congress is going to need to do something if there is going to be any teeth.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-21-2018 at 11:20 AM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Would Pence have caved? Maybe join with Dems calling of impeachment of that SOB.
    Caved on what? He didn't ban bump stocks.

This just in: Trump has directed the Federal Dept. of Transportation to ban hamsters on Mars!!

What a tyrant!!

Caved on what? He didn't ban bump stocks.
    He has directed Sessions to craft the regulations that would pass muster to ban these firearm accessories.

Just like Bush the Elder did back in the 80's to ban import rifles.

That is gun control.

He has directed Sessions to craft the regulations that would pass muster to ban these firearm accessories.

Just like Bush the Elder did back in the 80's to ban import rifles.

That is gun control.
    That is not true, Bush the Elder passed something through congress and signed it. What Trump is doing here has no teeth.

Read this carefully:

a statement from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives last year that they lacked the power to ban the devices, which can increase a gun's rate of fire.
    Feinstein last year introduced a bill to ban bump stocks as well as similar devices.
    “If ATF tries to ban these devices after admitting repeatedly that it lacks the authority to do so, that process could be tied up in court for years, and that would mean bump stocks would continue to be sold.
    I know you want to hate Donald Trump right now because he isn't sticking up for gun rights the way you think he should, but I would be willing to bet he is doing it much more effectively than someone who did stick up for gun rights the way you think he should (the way Ron Paul would).

You want a bump stock?

Here:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/750027939

You can buy one today, and I would bet $50 you can buy one in 6 months legally.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why the Shock about Trump?

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...k-about-trump/

Laurence M. Vance

Trump says he is now open to more federal gun regulations and strengthening background checks. Gun-rights advocates are shocked, shocked, since Trump in his campaign said some good things about gun control. But why the shock about Trump? He is a man of no principles whatsoever. He has no foundation, no ideology. Whatever sounds good to him at the time is what he believes.

This just in: Trump has directed the Federal Dept. of Transportation to ban hamsters on Mars!!

What a tyrant!!
    Zippy, is that you?
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Why the Shock about Trump?

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...k-about-trump/

Laurence M. Vance

Trump says he is now open to more federal gun regulations and strengthening background checks. Gun-rights advocates are shocked, shocked, since Trump in his campaign said some good things about gun control. But why the shock about Trump? He is a man of no principles whatsoever. He has no foundation, no ideology. Whatever sounds good to him at the time is what he believes.
    Wake me up when it actually happens.. I still say, bump stocks will be legal to purchase 6 months from now.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Zippy, is that you?
    Zippy is fake news, I'm the only one here besides swordsmyth presenting the facts..

So the kid has been learning about slavery this month at school and how it is bad and all that jazz.
    Somehow the topic of the gun control came up and how there are kids protesting to ban guns. And I asked him if he thought it was a good idea and he said, "yes, because bad guys use guns, only the police should have guns."

So then I asked him, "remember those people that captured those people in Africa and turned them into slaves? Do you think they would have been turned into slaves if they had guns?"
    he said, "no, they would shoot them"
    I said, "exactly, anybody telling you that we should ban guns, wants to turn you into a slave. do you want to be a slave?"
    him, "no, I would shoot them"
    me, "exactly, only slaves arent' allowed guns"

and I sent him back to school with a different message than they intended.

That is not true, Bush the Elder passed something through congress and signed it.
    Nope, you're confusing that with the Clinton AWB.

Bush the Elder had the ATF do his dirty work by re-classifying imported rifles as "non-sporting" thus resulting in a ban.

A ban which, for all intents and purposes, is still in place today. Try and buy a true Soviet era AK or Israeli Galil or a complete Belgium made FN-FAL.

Read this carefully, this was in 1989, not 1993.

At the urging of William J. Bennett, the director of national drug control policy, the Administration suspended imports of certain types of semiautomatic assault rifles in March. The President expanded that temporary ban as part of a broader anticrime program that he announced in April, and said he would make it permanent for imported weapons that did not have a legitimate sporting use.

The 43 types of semiautomatic rifles now barred from entry into the United States were part of a group of 50 evaluated by the firearms bureau in a three-month study. The bureau has authority under the 1968 Gun Control Act to block imports of weapons not generally suitable to sporting use, but it does not regulate domestic manufacture of weapons

I know you want to hate Donald Trump right now because he isn't sticking up for gun rights the way you think he should, but I would be willing to bet he is doing it much more effectively than someone who did stick up for gun rights the way you think he should (the way Ron Paul would).
    I don't "hate" Trump particularly.

I know he has always been in favor of gun control, he has stated it numerous times, in books, speeches, interviews and op-eds.

I hate being pissed on my leg and having people tell me it's raining when they deny that fact.

And I despise the GOP congress that has the ability to stop all of it, if they were not worthless, dickless, feckless cowards.

You want a bump stock?

Here:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/750027939

You can buy one today, and I would bet $50 you can buy one in 6 months legally.
    I will take that bet and hold you to it.

20 August 2018.

If, on that date, I can still legally buy a "bump stock", "Hellfire", "Crankfire" or similar device, I will donate $50 to the liberty charity or cause of your choice.

If I cannot, you will donate $50 to the campaign of Glenn Bradley in NC.

Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    So the kid has been learning about slavery this month at school and how it is bad and all that jazz.
    Somehow the topic of the gun control came up and how there are kids protesting to ban guns. And I asked him if he thought it was a good idea and he said, "yes, because bad guys use guns, only the police should have guns."

So then I asked him, "remember those people that captured those people in Africa and turned them into slaves? Do you think they would have been turned into slaves if they had guns?"
    he said, "no, they would shoot them"
    I said, "exactly, anybody telling you that we should ban guns, wants to turn you into a slave. do you want to be a slave?"
    him, "no, I would shoot them"
    me, "exactly, only slaves arent' allowed guns"

and I sent him back to school with a different message than they intended.
    Hopefully the school administration won't have you SWATted.

Hopefully the school administration won't have you SWATted.

Or have his son remanded for a mental health evaluation. What a $#@!ed up world we live in.
    Chris

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast