Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The RPF prayer circle...

The RPF prayer circle...

I am dedicating this thread to the spiritual support of ALL members.

This thread is partially inspired by AF's posting regarding asking for prayers for his father: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-for-my-father

I ask that this thread be kept clean of any arguments, religious disagreements.

This thread is for one purpose and one purpose only.

The posting of a need for prayer in ones life. The belief that it doesn't matter to whom one prays, or how, that their well wishes will make a difference.

I will start. Please, pray for my brother-in-laws mother. She is 87 and last week took a fall. She broke her hip and her arm. She had to have surgery to place pins in her hip and an arm cast. At 87 she is still at the hospital and will probably leave there to go to a recovery hospital. We are not thinking she will make it back home again.

If you could spare some time to put her in your thoughts, thank you.

Peace through Religion.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    +++ vibes +++ phil

///
    Last edited by Danke; 08-07-2016 at 09:49 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

//
    Last edited by phill4paul; 08-08-2016 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    +++ vibes +++ phil
    Thank you!

///
    Last edited by Danke; 08-07-2016 at 09:50 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

//
    Last edited by phill4paul; 08-08-2016 at 05:31 AM.

///
    Last edited by Danke; 08-08-2016 at 02:40 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Praying for the mother in-law.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Prayer of St. Nikolai :

Bless my enemies, O Lord. Even I bless them and do not curse them.

Enemies have driven me into Thy embrace more than friends have.

Friends have bound me to earth, enemies have loosed me from earth and have demolished all my aspirations in the world.

Enemies have made me a stranger in worldly realms and an extraneous inhabitant of the world.

Just as a hunted animal finds safer shelter than an unhunted animal does, so have I, persecuted by enemies, found the safest sanctuary, having ensconced myself beneath Thy tabernacle, where neither friends nor enemies can slay my soul.

They, rather than I, have confessed my sins before the world.

They have punished me, whenever I have hesitated to punish myself.

They have tormented me, whenever I have tried to flee torments.

They have scolded me, whenever I have flattered myself They have spat upon me, whenever I have filled myself with arrogance.

Whenever I have made myself wise, they have called me foolish.

Whenever I have made myself mighty, they have mocked me as though I were a dwarf.

Whenever I have wanted to lead people, they have shoved me into the background.

Whenever I have rushed to enrich myself, they have prevented me with an iron hand.

Whenever I thought that I would sleep peacefully, they have wakened me from sleep.

Whenever I have tried to build a home for a long and tranquil life,they have demolished it and driven me out.

Truly, enemies have cut me loose from the world and have stretched out my hands to the hem of Thy garment.

Bless them and multiply them; multiply them and make them even more bitterly against me:

so that my fleeing to Thee may have no return;

so that all hope in men may be scattered like cobwebs;

so that absolute serenity may begin to reign in my soul;

so that my heart may become the grave of my two evil twins: arrogance and anger;

so that I might amass all my treasure in heaven;

ah, so that I may for once be freed from self deception, which has entangled me in the dreadful web of illusory life.

Enemies have taught me to know what hardly anyone knows, that a person has no enemies in the world except himself.

One hates his enemies only when he fails to realize that they are not enemies, but cruel friends.

It is truly difficult for me to say who has done me more good and who has done me more evil in the world: friends or enemies.

Therefore bless, O Lord, both my friends and my enemies.

A slave curses enemies, for he does not understand.

But a son blesses them, for he understands. For a son knows that his enemies cannot touch his life. Therefore he freely steps among them and prays to God for them.

Amen
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Done Phill.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Om Apadamapa Hataram Dataram Sarva Sampadam Loka Bhi Ramam Sri Rama Bhuyo Bhuyo Namamyaham

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Sending good vibes and thinking about those in need is the very least I can do to better this world. Count me in .
    "I am a bird"

Of course Phill, prayers for a painless and speedy recovery.

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Prayer of St. Nikolai :

Enemies have driven me into Thy embrace more than friends have.

Friends have bound me to earth, enemies have loosed me from earth and have demolished all my aspirations in the world.

Enemies have made me a stranger in worldly realms and an extraneous inhabitant of the world.

Just as a hunted animal finds safer shelter than an unhunted animal does, so have I, persecuted by enemies, found the safest sanctuary, having ensconced myself beneath Thy tabernacle, where neither friends nor enemies can slay my soul.

They, rather than I, have confessed my sins before the world.

They have punished me, whenever I have hesitated to punish myself.

They have tormented me, whenever I have tried to flee torments.

They have scolded me, whenever I have flattered myself They have spat upon me, whenever I have filled myself with arrogance.

Whenever I have made myself wise, they have called me foolish.

Whenever I have made myself mighty, they have mocked me as though I were a dwarf.

Whenever I have wanted to lead people, they have shoved me into the background.

Whenever I have rushed to enrich myself, they have prevented me with an iron hand.

Whenever I thought that I would sleep peacefully, they have wakened me from sleep.

Whenever I have tried to build a home for a long and tranquil life,they have demolished it and driven me out.

Truly, enemies have cut me loose from the world and have stretched out my hands to the hem of Thy garment.

Bless them and multiply them; multiply them and make them even more bitterly against me:

so that my fleeing to Thee may have no return;

so that all hope in men may be scattered like cobwebs;

so that absolute serenity may begin to reign in my soul;

so that my heart may become the grave of my two evil twins: arrogance and anger;

so that I might amass all my treasure in heaven;

ah, so that I may for once be freed from self deception, which has entangled me in the dreadful web of illusory life.

Enemies have taught me to know what hardly anyone knows, that a person has no enemies in the world except himself.

One hates his enemies only when he fails to realize that they are not enemies, but cruel friends.

It is truly difficult for me to say who has done me more good and who has done me more evil in the world: friends or enemies.

Therefore bless, O Lord, both my friends and my enemies.

A slave curses enemies, for he does not understand.

But a son blesses them, for he understands. For a son knows that his enemies cannot touch his life. Therefore he freely steps among them and prays to God for them.

Amen

I have a personal struggle in my life I'm not comfortable sharing, but could use your prayers.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I am dedicating this thread to the spiritual support of ALL members.

This thread is partially inspired by AF's posting regarding asking for prayers for his father: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-for-my-father

I ask that this thread be kept clean of any arguments, religious disagreements.

This thread is for one purpose and one purpose only.

The posting of a need for prayer in ones life. The belief that it doesn't matter to whom one prays, or how, that their well wishes will make a difference.

I will start. Please, pray for my brother-in-laws mother. She is 87 and last week took a fall. She broke her hip and her arm. She had to have surgery to place pins in her hip and an arm cast. At 87 she is still at the hospital and will probably leave there to go to a recovery hospital. We are not thinking she will make it back home again.

If you could spare some time to put her in your thoughts, thank you.

Peace through Religion.
    *hugs Phil*
    O holy Father, heavenly physician of our souls and bodies, who hast sent thing Only begotten Son our Lord Jesus Christ to heal our ailments and deliver us from death: do thou visit and heal thy servant Phil's brother in law's mother, granter he release from pain and restoration to health and vigor, that she may give thanks unto thee and bless thy holy Name, of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit: now and ever and unto ages and ages, amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Good idea. Prayers going out for all of the ones in

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I have a personal struggle in my life I'm not comfortable sharing, but could use your prayers.
    Done.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I'll pray for p4p's BIL's mom, The Texan, and Danke. Not sure anyone up there listens to me but I'll give it a shot anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Great idea for a thread. Thank you for starting it. Prayers sent for your brother-in-law's mother.

All you prayer warriors, I could really use your prayers right now.

My Dad has been in the hospital 3 times in the last 3 weeks. He is battling cancer and diabetes, and we just found out he has congestive heart failure…

On top of that, they just moved to a new house (in a retirement community) so the last few days have been difficult, to say the least. I was just helping them move and over the weekend he had to go back to the hospital…. he was having difficulty breathing a few days ago, and he had some water in his lungs.

His name is George….and my family and I would greatly appreciate your prayers right now.

Thank you!
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Great idea for a thread. Thank you for starting it. Prayers sent for your brother-in-law's mother.

My Dad has been in the hospital 3 times in the last 3 weeks. He is battling cancer and diabetes, and we just found out he has congestive heart failure…

On top of that, they just moved to a new house (in a retirement community) so the last few days have been difficult, to say the least. I was just helping them move and over the weekend he had to go back to the hospital…. he was having difficulty breathing a few days ago, and he had some water in his lungs.

His name is George….and my family and I would greatly appreciate your prayers right now.

Thank you!
    Poor guy, I'm sorry to hear that. Prayers for him and your family.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Poor guy, I'm sorry to hear that. Prayers for him and your family.
    Thank you Suz!
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Phill - I'll definitely pray for your brother-in-laws mother.

lily - Your dad and family and you are already on my list.

AF - I'm glad that your dad is doing better.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thank you!

Done.

Why would one pray to God that specific events come to pass - like someone not dying? What if that person's number is up and God wants to call them home?

Doesn't it make more sense to pray for the loved ones, that they may have acceptance of whatever is God's will?

Won't God's will be done, no matter what you pray?

Do you believe in 'Thy will, not mine be done.' ?
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Why would one pray to God that specific events come to pass - like someone not dying? What if that person's number is up and God wants to call them home?

Doesn't it make more sense to pray for the loved ones, that they may have acceptance of whatever is God's will?

I don't. I pray for them to find peace, whatever that may be.

Thank you!
    Hopes and prayers! Please keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post

This thread is not to debate the philosophical aspects of prayer. It is merely for others to put their problems out there and if others wish to offer prayers then they may. If you wish to offer up prayers in any manner you wish then "thank you."

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    lily - Your dad and family and you are already on my list.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Hopes and prayers! Please keep us updated.
    Thanks so much, you all... and to others who didn't post, but prayed. I appreciate it.

My dad is hanging in there. They've been treating the problems, and today my mom texted me and said that he's feeling a little better, and that he's in good spirits, considering.

Also, I don't know if this had to do with anyone's prayer, but I felt a peace today that I hadn't really had in the last few weeks.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by lilymc; 08-13-2016 at 05:59 PM.

― Henry David Thoreau

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast