Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Its official: I am an anarchist

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Could be. He has tried to get people to agree with him that Nidal Hasan is a hero for protecting people in Afghanistan and that Tom Cotton and Obama should be 'constitutionally executed.'
    Who has?
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    Who has?
    The OP.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, invaders are going to invade, but what proof do you offer that an anarchic society is more able to defend against an invasion than a statist one?
    Eventually wind up in a situation where the State will justify any action it wants in the name of your safety. The State will invade your home and you are just as defenseless. The State always grows.
    Last edited by Root; 09-18-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Eventually wind up in a situation where the State will justify any action it wants in the name of your safety. The State always grows.
    I don't dispute that at all. That is absolutely correct and merely serves as an example of the truth contained in Jefferson's statement about the need to refresh the tree of liberty.

Yes, invaders are going to invade, but what proof do you offer that an anarchic society is more able to defend against an invasion than a statist one?
    The burden of proof is on you, as you are making the positive claim ("a state-run society is objectively better than a stateless one"). But if you really want to discuss that, there have been a few threads in RPF history relating to defense in a stateless society. I'm not going to rehash them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Could be. He has tried to get people to agree with him that Nidal Hasan is a hero for protecting people in Afghanistan and that Tom Cotton and Obama should be 'constitutionally executed.'
    Your ideology still holds that murderers who are state-empowered are somehow less heinous than any other murderers.

I never tried to get anyone to agree with me on Nidal Hasan. I had a weak moment and made a stupid post. But if you'll recall the post in question, I actually asked that someone convince me that my gut reaction was wrong. I never told anyone they should agree with me. I do stand by, however, that the world would be better off if Tom Cotton and Obama both dropped dead tomorrow.
    Last edited by Christian Liberty; 09-18-2013 at 11:04 PM.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

I don't dispute that at all. That is absolutely correct and merely serves as an example of the truth contained in Jefferson's statement about the need to refresh the tree of liberty.
    Why do we have to keep repeating the same mistakes? Next refresh, let's try something different.

Eduardo, half the time you act like you genuinely respect me, the other half of the time you act like you think I'm some kind of radical home-grown terrorist? Which is it?
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Eduardo, half the time you act like you genuinely respect me, the other half of the time you act like you think I'm some kind of radical home-grown terrorist? Which is it?
    I respect you, but I think you're misguided, politically as well as your eager following of Sola_Fide's theology on many issues. I think you're young (I'm guilty of that as well) and your views will mature over time. I just don't want to see you get lost in dangerous views, such as the ones I states above in a joke about you being a paid government plant (which I don't think you are).

The Jeffersonian claim you cite was not a constitutionalist one. The constitutionalists have traditionally made the opposite claim-that a strong, centralized regime prevents factions, promotes peace, etc, etc. In fact, citing that quote runs against your claim. Unfortunately, like every other Constitutionalist I've encountered, you are succumbing to the numerous internal contradictions within your civic and legal theory (well, Constitutionalism has no sound legal theory behind it at all...something you Constitutionalists really need to work on).
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I respect you, but I think you're misguided, politically as well as your eager following of Sola_Fide's theology on many issues.
    It may not be as much as you think (Or maybe I think you think that its more than you actually think). I don't believe in double predestination the way that he defines it, although I do agree with it by RC Sproul's definition, which I posted in another thread. I don't agree with him that all Arminians are unsaved. I don't agree with him on supralapsarianism. While I do agree with him that the Catholic Church isn't Christian, I think he goes too far on the rhetorical front with that as well. You aren't going to like this, but I think there's a way to point out that the Catholic Church does teach damnable heresy without being a jerk about it.
    I think you're young (I'm guilty of that as well) and your views will mature over time. I just don't want to see you get lost in dangerous views, such as the ones I states above in a joke about you being a paid government plant (which I don't think you are).
    You know, I think my stupid Hasan comment illustrates a valid point though. Question everything. Take nothing for granted. That's basically what I was doing.

And yeah, I'm definitely not a government plant. I couldn't be, I hate them way too much

Why do we have to keep repeating the same mistakes? Next refresh, let's try something different.
    Doesn't your question assume that there IS a solution that allows for indefinitely peaceful society (not counting crimes by individuals or small groups against individuals against whom justice is somehow served and the issue ended)? I think that is a false assumption. I think the human condition dictates a constant struggle for liberty over time. The longer the struggle is postponed, the bloodier the correction.

The monied interests benefit from repeating those mistakes and the laity never learns from history, that's why.

It may not be as much as you think (Or maybe I think you think that its more than you actually think). I don't believe in double predestination the way that he defines it, although I do agree with it by RC Sproul's definition, which I posted in another thread. I don't agree with him that all Arminians are unsaved. I don't agree with him on supralapsarianism. While I do agree with him that the Catholic Church isn't Christian, I think he goes too far on the rhetorical front with that as well. You aren't going to like this, but I think there's a way to point out that the Catholic Church does teach damnable heresy without being a jerk about it.

You know, I think my stupid Hasan comment illustrates a valid point though. Question everything. Take nothing for granted. That's basically what I was doing.

And yeah, I'm definitely not a government plant. I couldn't be, I hate them way too much
    Just what a government plant would say!!!!11!!!

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    The Jeffersonian claim you cite was not a constitutionalist one. The constitutionalists have traditionally made the opposite claim-that a strong, centralized regime prevents factions, promotes peace, etc, etc. In fact, citing that quote runs against your claim. Unfortunately, like every other Constitutionalist I've encountered, you are succumbing to the numerous internal contradictions within your civic and legal theory (well, Constitutionalism has no sound legal theory behind it at all...something you Constitutionalists really need to work on).
    It sounds like your view of constitutionalism is different than mine, which places large restrictions on the power of a centralized regime as listed in the ....well, the constitution. That does not mean that any regime will not try (and succeed anytime the populace becomes complacent) to overstep the bounds placed upon it by the constitution.

I'm not all that convinced an anarchist society would be very prone to invasion, quite frankly.

I assume an anarchist society would probably be significantly productive, and thus would be exporting and importing many goods with a number of foreign communities/nations, thus forming friendly, cooperative partnerships. Not only does this minimize potential enemies, but the friendly partners would have an interest in keeping the productive anarchist society out of war.

An anarchist society would have no tax structure in place. This alone, I think, is a huge disincentive for any potential invaders.

An anarchist society wouldn't be involved in foreign interventionism, adventurism, or nation building of any kind; nor would an anarchist society be funding or supporting militant regimes. This would also minimize the possibility of retaliatory invasion.

The simple truth is, most nations in this day and age are not antagonistic, or aggressive, and of those that are, even less are capable of launching a full-scale invasion, at least not against the North American landmass. Disputes that lean toward or result in war tend to be regional or internal. The US--sometimes followed by allies after the US initiates action--is of course the largest exception to this norm.

Of course there will always be the possibility of someone or some government deciding to amass an invasion force, but it's not as if these things happen over night, so there would be time to prepare, engage in diplomacy, and formulate some type of response or deterrent. I will admit that, when it comes to warfare, that is one area where the State is probably superior to a peaceful society, but then that isn't a virtue, really. But I don't think that means an anarchist society would be all that susceptible to an invasion, nor do I think that means an anarchist society would be unable to respond to one, in the off-chance that it does somehow take place.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    I'm not all that convinced an anarchist society would be very prone to invasion, quite frankly.

I assume an anarchist society would probably be significantly productive, and thus would be exporting and importing many goods with a number of foreign communities/nations, thus forming friendly, cooperative partnerships. Not only does this minimize potential enemies, but the friendly partners would have an interest in keeping the productive anarchist society out of war.

An anarchist society would have no tax structure in place. This alone, I think, is a huge disincentive for any potential invaders.

An anarchist society wouldn't be involved in foreign interventionism, adventurism, or nation building of any kind; nor would an anarchist society be funding or supporting militant regimes. This would also minimize the possibility of retaliatory invasion.

The simple truth is, most nations in this day and age are not antagonistic, or aggressive, and of those that are, even less are capable of launching a full-scale invasion, at least not against the North American landmass. Disputes that lean toward or result in war tend to be regional or internal. The US--sometimes followed by allies after the US initiates action--is of course the largest exception to this norm.

Of course there will always be the possibility of someone or some government deciding to amass an invasion force, but it's not as if these things happen over night, so there would be time to prepare, engage in diplomacy, and formulate some type of response or deterrent. I will admit that, when it comes to warfare, that is one area where the State is probably superior to a peaceful society, but then that isn't a virtue, really. But I don't think that means an anarchist society would be all that susceptible to an invasion, nor do I think that means an anarchist society would be unable to respond to one, in the off-chance that it does somehow take place.
    I imagine that the average person in an anarcho-capitalist or voluntaryist society would be heavily armed-that alone kept the Japanese from ever planning an invasion on the continental US.

What you write is brilliant. Sadly, I'm afraid that the detractors will be put off by the length of six short paragraphs and not read it.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think the economic greatness was mainly due to exploitation of natural resources, including fellow men. It resulted in a few very wealthy people and a lot of near subsistence people. That lop-sidedness was countered with the rise of the unions, which created a middle class, which in turn was countered when businesses started moving jobs out of the country, which is where we are now....returning to near subsistence levels for many people (which is not quite the same as it was before the technology boom, people do have cell phones and stuff but they are dependent upon assistance for food and housing...take away that assistance and they quickly start to look more like old-time subsistence).
    Wow, somebody was paying attention in their government indoctrination center!

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    What you write is brilliant. Sadly, I'm afraid that the detractors will be put off by the length of six short paragraphs and not read it.
    I read Cabal's posts. He is logical and reasonable which many lack. I am skeptical of anarchism in that I know the way of men. I've seen enough that I think it would take, or need, some doing to philosophically or ideologically change the mindsets of people. That said consistently I agree with the philosophy. It is mainly minor instances of my own lack of understanding of what they'd propose as solutions. Pot shots from the trees and the sheer economics of providing for an invading force would no doubt challenge a nation to consider invading here. But that said I could see instances of where a defensive force need be ready. At the moment a more strictly defined Constitution and a diligence in upholding rights not seen in any previous American generation is where I feel comfortable advocating. After that we can argue about what is necessary and what are the alternatives.

I'm not well versed in how everything would, or imaginative enough to see how it could work out.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 09-18-2013 at 11:49 PM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    I read it, it was an excellent response.

However, I do think the point about the US is relevant. Not to throw Somalia into it, but didn't the US try to intervene there? If the US went ancap, SOMEBODY would probably become the new world empire (Note that this is an "is" claim, as in, "I think that would happen" not a "Should" claim. I see no NEED for such an empire but I suspect one would arise regardless.)

I read it, it was an excellent response.

However, I do think the point about the US is relevant. Not to throw Somalia into it, but didn't the US try to intervene there? If the US went ancap, SOMEBODY would probably become the new world empire (Note that this is an "is" claim, as in, "I think that would happen" not a "Should" claim. I see no NEED for such an empire but I suspect one would arise regardless.)
    It's an interesting thing to ponder. The interwebz have made the world a lot smaller and better connected. It seems that younger people don't have the irrational fear of foreigners older folks have long had-an impulse which tends to lead to militant nationalism, cheauvanism, warfarism and imperialism.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    It's an interesting thing to ponder. The interwebz have made the world a lot smaller and better connected. It seems that younger people don't have the irrational fear of foreigners older folks have long had-an impulse which tends to lead to militant nationalism, cheauvanism, warfarism and imperialism.
    That's true, but they still vote for the people who do. And they're mostly hardcore statists on the other end. I literally had a student in my world politics class say that the ONLY good thing GWB did was... wait for it...

The Iraq War.

Seriously. Not even kidding

That's true, but they still vote for the people who do. And they're mostly hardcore statists on the other end. I literally had a student in my world politics class say that the ONLY good thing GWB did was... wait for it...

The Iraq War.

Seriously. Not even kidding
    oh, FFS. My instincts were right...the future is fail.

I assume an anarchist society would probably be significantly productive
    (It certainly has that possibility, but outside of Western European and Japanese cultures, is there a reason to believe that productivity is a desired - or desirable - characteristic? Take many Pacific islands, where the work ethic is not well developed because, well, what is the point when the weather is moderate and the food abundant? Take nomadic people with traditionally few possessions and who don't place an emphasis on a big house and stuff. Someone I knew was a missionary in Papau New Guinea in the early 60's and their culture was completely different than ours, with no strong central government. Violence was an integral part of life for most people as families were engaged in ongoing tit-for-tat retaliatory killings, kind of like the Hatfields and McCoys, only it was pretty much every family)
    , and thus would be exporting and importing many goods with a number of foreign communities/nations, thus forming friendly, cooperative partnerships. Not only does this minimize potential enemies, but the friendly partners would have an interest in keeping the productive anarchist society out of war.

(you don't think that groups within the society would go around invading other areas? I think they would. I think areas within the US would be controlled by criminal organizations that would develop into their own governments. And I think the reason that would happen is because most people just want to live their daily life but sociopaths would collect young men with promises of riches and take over an area for a base and they would initiate raids on others and as their stolen wealth grows, initiate full-blown wars)

The simple truth is, most nations in this day and age are not antagonistic, or aggressive
    (I think most nations throughout history have not been, but there are always the troublemakers who see opportunity and exploit it)
    , and of those that are, even less are capable of launching a full-scale invasion, at least not against the North American landmass. Disputes that lean toward or result in war tend to be regional or internal. The US--sometimes followed by allies after the US initiates action--is of course the largest exception to this norm.
    ("in this day and age" seems to take a short term view of history. For reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...f_wars_by_date )

Of course there will always be the possibility of someone or some government deciding to amass an invasion force, but it's not as if these things happen over night
    (one word: Blitzkrieg)
    , so there would be time to prepare, engage in diplomacy, and formulate some type of response or deterrent. I will admit that, when it comes to warfare, that is one area where the State is probably superior to a peaceful society, but then that isn't a virtue, really.
    (I agree, it is not a virtue!)
    But I don't think that means an anarchist society would be all that susceptible to an invasion, nor do I think that means an anarchist society would be unable to respond to one, in the off-chance that it does somehow take place.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    I read Cabal's posts. He is logical and reasonable which many lack. I am skeptical of anarchism in that I know the way of men. I've seen enough that I think it would take, or need, some doing to philosophically or ideologically change the mindsets of people. That said consistently I agree with the philosophy. It is mainly minor instances of my own lack of understanding of what they'd propose as solutions. Pot shots from the trees and the sheer economics of providing for an invading force would no doubt challenge a nation to consider invading here. But that said I could see instances of where a defensive force need be ready. At the moment a more strictly defined Constitution and a diligence in upholding rights not seen in any previous American generation is where I feel comfortable advocating. After that we can argue about what is necessary and what are the alternatives.

I'm not well versed in how everything would, or imaginative enough to see how it could work out.
    That's pretty much how I feel about it.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post

That's the problem with getting bogged down by the question of solutions. The truth is no one can know with any certainty how things can or will unfold. No one can know with any certainty what problems will arise, or what solutions will be used to respond to these problems. We can speculate, and hypothesize, sure... but at the end of the day that's just an intellectual exercise.

You're absolutely right--there are far too many considerations to factor in to really make any kind of accurate prediction about things in the absence of a State. We can't really look to history as much of an indicator either. And while there has been much discourse over the years on a number of topics, ranging from abortion, to roads, to dispute resolution, to insurance, to defense, to security, and so on, I can understand how these sort of issues can seem to be a practical problem for some. I used to be the same way. I used to think that we need definitive solutions and answers to all of the problems that may arise, but over the years I've come to realize it doesn't matter.

As mentioned above here, and touched on in a previous post, there's so many far reaching factors to consider, that we can't even begin to imagine what will even be a problem that needs solving, let alone how many potential new solutions there may be waiting to answer those problems that we can't even fathom right now.

As libertarians, or minarchists, or constitutionalists, or whatever, we all generally understand that the free market is really very capable and efficient at satisfying demand in the best ways we've seen yet. So, if that is truly the case, then it should follow that in the absence of the State, the free market--much freer than any market we've ever encountered--will most certainly be that much more equipped to come up with solutions to all kinds of problems that may arise. In which case, we needn't be too concerned with conjuring up imaginary problems, or solutions to them. If the problem is significant enough, it stands to reason there will be adequate demand for a solution to that problem. If there is adequate demand for a solution to a given problem, the free market will endeavor to satisfy that demand, and in all likelihood, the free market will find a number of different approaches to solving the same problem. That's what the free market does--people compete with each other to find the best, most desirable, most valued, most efficient ways of satisfying demand, and solving problems. So, why would it work any differently in the absence of all the State's interferences? It should work better than we've ever seen it work before, if we are correct.

Another point, of course, is the morality of it all. Problems, solutions... okay, sure. But the State is still a morally bankrupt, brutal, parasitic monstrosity no matter how many hypotheticals we can conjure up. And there is really no reason to believe that this truth will ever change. It's the proverbial nature of the beast. When you centralize a monopoly on the use of violence, you have yourself a State, and the State will always behave like the State. So, then it becomes a question of is liberty so frightening that the State could ever be regarded as the better alternative? This is a question we all have to ask ourselves individually. But I would submit that if there is even a small possibility that we can live without the State, it's sure as hell worth a shot

I'll never forget the way I heard Stefan put it in one of his discussions. He compared the abolition of statism to the abolition of slavery, and he said something to the effect of, our goal is to see that the slaves are freed, we can worry about what happens next afterward. Of course, you are again correct in saying that before any of this can happen there will need to be an intellectual revolution--another Enlightenment era, if you will. The only problem is, the longer people continue to bet on statism, the more delayed that enlightenment is. But make no mistake, it is an inevitability. Because when you think about it, and if you are honest with yourself, you understand that statism will eventually be seen as primitive and barbaric by the standards of future societies, just as present society looks back on god-kings as primitive and barbaric.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

That's the problem with getting bogged down by the question of solutions. The truth is no one can know with any certainty how things can or will unfold. No one can know with any certainty what problems will arise, or what solutions will be used to respond to these problems. We can speculate, and hypothesize, sure... but at the end of the day that's just an intellectual exercise.

You're absolutely right--there are far too many considerations to factor in to really make any kind of accurate prediction about things in the absence of a State. We can't really look to history as much of an indicator either. And while there has been much discourse over the years on a number of topics, ranging from abortion, to roads, to dispute resolution, to insurance, to defense, to security, and so on, I can understand how these sort of issues can seem to be a practical problem for some. I used to be the same way. I used to think that we need definitive solutions and answers to all of the problems that may arise, but over the years I've come to realize it doesn't matter.

As mentioned above here, and touched on in a previous post, there's so many far reaching factors to consider, that we can't even begin to imagine what will even be a problem that needs solving, let alone how many potential new solutions there may be waiting to answer those problems that we can't even fathom right now.

As libertarians, or minarchists, or constitutionalists, or whatever, we all generally understand that the free market is really very capable and efficient at satisfying demand in the best ways we've seen yet. So, if that is truly the case, then it should follow that in the absence of the State, the free market--much freer than any market we've ever encountered--will most certainly be that much more equipped to come up with solutions to all kinds of problems that may arise. In which case, we needn't be too concerned with conjuring up imaginary problems, or solutions to them. If the problem is significant enough, it stands to reason there will be adequate demand for a solution to that problem. If there is adequate demand for a solution to a given problem, the free market will endeavor to satisfy that demand, and in all likelihood, the free market will find a number of different approaches to solving the same problem. That's what the free market does--people compete with each other to find the best, most desirable, most valued, most efficient ways of satisfying demand, and solving problems. So, why would it work any differently in the absence of all the State's interferences? It should work better than we've ever seen it work before, if we are correct.

Another point, of course, is the morality of it all. Problems, solutions... okay, sure. But the State is still a morally bankrupt, brutal, parasitic monstrosity no matter how many hypotheticals we can conjure up. And there is really no reason to believe that this truth will ever change. It's the proverbial nature of the beast. When you centralize a monopoly on the use of violence, you have yourself a State, and the State will always behave like the State. So, then it becomes a question of is liberty so frightening that the State could ever be regarded as the better alternative? This is a question we all have to ask ourselves individually. But I would submit that if there is even a small possibility that we can live without the State, it's sure as hell worth a shot

I'll never forget the way I heard Stefan put it in one of his discussions. He compared the abolition of statism to the abolition of slavery, and he said something to the effect of, our goal is to see that the slaves are freed, we can worry about what happens next afterward. Of course, you are again correct in saying that before any of this can happen there will need to be an intellectual revolution--another Enlightenment era, if you will. The only problem is, the longer people continue to bet on statism, the more delayed that enlightenment is. But make no mistake, it is an inevitability. Because when you think about it, and if you are honest with yourself, you understand that statism will eventually be seen as primitive and barbaric by the standards of future societies, just as present society looks back on god-kings as primitive and barbaric.
    Yes, sir. I've been considering this period as a new enlightenment for some time. I personally can foresee a ending of time if we do not succeed in the effort. (at the least the further irradiating of this planet either sterilizing people or making earth unhabitable.)

I read a little earlier about Americans losing their imagination... their creativity. Truth be told I feel that way sometimes. I've been so accustomed to how things are it is hard to envision how things could be or the solutions that would arise if needed.

Give me about six months. I'm reading a new book every 4-7 days. I plan on being well versed in every aspect of the subject of liberty.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Somalia outpaced its neighbors and its own history in improvements to education, life expectancy, medical advancements, and myriad other areas under statelessness. Interesting that your implication is that a State is needed for civilized progress, though. Kind of cuts against every argument ever for a limited government stance.
    The whole purpose of government is to protect the rights of the minority from the force of the majority (including gangs). So, yes, I think it is helpful, IF and only if, it is kept within its boundaries and those boundaries are guarded constantly by the people.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

It sounds like your view of constitutionalism is different than mine, which places large restrictions on the power of a centralized regime as listed in the ....well, the constitution. That does not mean that any regime will not try (and succeed anytime the populace becomes complacent) to overstep the bounds placed upon it by the constitution.
    Your understanding of constitutionalism is different than the authors of the document. You're thinking more like an Anti-Federalist.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast