Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunter Kills Bear with Spear

Quote Originally Posted by orafi View Post
    Did the bear even know he was there and that he was a threat? Nope.
    If a bear does not know you are in the vicinity,, you did a very good job as a hunter.

Their sense of smell is better than dogs.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    If a bear does not know you are in the vicinity,, you did a very good job as a hunter.

Their sense of smell is better than dogs.
    A griz can smell meat from miles away . Which is something to think about when humping out an Elk quarter.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    True.

I was more concerned about the circumstances.

I think its indefensible to kill an animal for pleasure or for entertainment. He certainly isn't going to eat dead meat that's been left out during the night while it rained unless he's nuts IMO.
    Thee (God) alone will we serve and from Thee alone will we seek help

True.

I was more concerned about the circumstances.

I think its indefensible to kill an animal for pleasure or for entertainment. He certainly isn't going to eat dead meat that's been left out during the night while it rained unless he's nuts IMO.
    He said he and his wife harvested the bear and will have "a beautiful piece" in his house as a result. He also said he and his wife regularly donate meat from their hunts to charities.
    ^from the OP^

I don't know the "circumstances", but I do understand hunting, and trapping.
    and I also understand the difference between "Modern Sporting" v Primitive.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    ^from the OP^

I don't know the "circumstances", but I do understand hunting, and trapping.
    and I also understand the difference between "Modern Sporting" v Primitive.
    Won't challenge you on what you know.

However I'm not sure if "beautiful piece"s are a need. He had the right to do it, though.

So the carcass was left outside for during a rainy night. Is that even safe meat?

What "charities" would they donate such meat to? For dogs?
    Thee (God) alone will we serve and from Thee alone will we seek help

So the carcass was left outside for during a rainy night. Is that even safe meat?

What "charities" would they donate such meat to? For dogs?
    No idea,, but I had to look since you asked.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-4b19187425d9/
    http://articles.baltimoresun.com/199...ters-to-donate
    http://dnr.maryland.gov/wildlife/Pag...trap/fhfh.aspx

I'm always happy to have a package or two when someone has some.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12