Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Jewish is the war against Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Nobody even mentioned the word "anti-semite".

I know, I know. I was bringing up previous conversations I've had. But that's why my radar is up when people throw around the words semite and semitic, especially when they try to use them as ethnic categories based on DNA. Notice that the article you linked didn't use either word.

and even in your definition it makes direct reference to the words "Jews" and "Jewish", which according to MANY Jews is something which they define by their bloodline and DNA.
    Exactly, including the Ashkhenazi Jews discussed in the article you linked. They are Jewish. They define this at least partly by their bloodline and DNA, including, according to that article, DNA that comes from some portion of their maternal ancestors who lived in Italy. Thus, the attempt to distinguish those Italian Semitic (i.e. Jewish) ancestors from Semitic (i.e. Jewish) ancestors didn't really work.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 07-14-2022 at 09:51 AM.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    I know, I know. I was bringing up previous conversations I've had. But that's why my radar is up when people throw around the words semite and semitic, especially when they try to use them as ethnic categories based on DNA. Notice that the article you linked didn't use either word.
    They claim that land belongs to them because of this Middle Eastern semitic ancestry. This is the root of the ethnonationalist Zionist movement. They are mostly not descended from the people they use to lay claim upon this land.
    Exactly, including the Ashkhenazi Jews discussed in the article you linked. They are Jewish. They define this at least partly by their bloodline and DNA, including, according to that article, DNA that comes from some portion of their maternal ancestors who lived in Italy. Thus, the attempt to distinguish those Italian Semitic (i.e. Jewish) ancestors from Semitic (i.e. Jewish) ancestors didn't really work.
    It definitely works. They manipulate Christians using claims of being the descendants of the tribes of Israel mentioned in the Bible. They base a lot of racist/supremacist/chosenite beliefs in the Torah, further elaborated upon in the Talmud.

Exposing the fake news is essential, whether you say it's that they are "mainly not Semitic" or "mainly not Middle Eastern" or "mainly not the sons of Shem" or "mainly not descendants of the Jews in the Bible".

You can play word games all you like by honing in on the word "Semitic" but as I mentioned in my previous post, you cannot escape:
    The real rhetorical trick continues to be:
    When Jews say racist, supremacist stuff, it's religion.
    When people oppose their racist, supremacist stuff, it's race or Nazi-adjacent.
    When Jews hatefully attack Christians or Muslims, it's religion.

This enables Jews to be hypocritically racist and supremacist while crying foul at gentiles with similar ideologies.
    Not sure why you're doing their work for them but whatever...
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

It definitely works. They manipulate Christians using claims of being the descendants of the tribes of Israel mentioned in the Bible. They base a lot of racist/supremacist/chosenite beliefs in the Torah, further elaborated upon in the Talmud.
    Both the Bible and the Talmud allow for people of other ancestries to become part of the nation of Israel, that is to become part of that ethnicity, and then to have descendants who will be born as part of that nation/ethnicity with whatever DNA they happen to have being de facto Israelite DNA.

And the article you linked did not claim that anyone at all was "mainly not Semitic" or "mainly not Middle Eastern" or "mainly not the sons of Shem" or "mainly not descendants of the Jews in the Bible". In fact, the article said:
    One way to reconcile his team's findings with those of other researchers, he says, is to assume that the founders of the male Ashkenazi lineages were indeed originally from the Middle East, but that the maternal line arose in Europe much earlier. The European women then converted to Judaism after male Jews moved into the continent, establishing the Ashkenazi lineages that we see today. That suggestion fits with the contention of some historians that many women converted to Judaism across Mediterranean Europe during the so-called Hellenistic period between about 300 B.C.E. and 30 B.C.E.

There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

Both the Bible and the Talmud allow for people of other ancestries to become part of the nation of Israel, that is to become part of that ethnicity, and then to have descendants who will be born as part of that nation/ethnicity with whatever DNA they happen to have being de facto Israelite DNA.

And the article you linked did not claim that anyone at all was "mainly not Semitic" or "mainly not Middle Eastern" or "mainly not the sons of Shem" or "mainly not descendants of the Jews in the Bible". In fact, the article said:

Lol "one way to reconcile" aka "the best mental gymnastics we can provide".

The article would never make those claims because they are just sharing their findings and obviously if they said anything like what I said they would be labelled as anti-Semitic due to the control over the narrative that Jews currently have.

That they accept/continue to accept proselytes has no bearing on the manipulation tactics I detailed.

Lol "one way to reconcile" aka "the best mental gymnastics we can provide".

The article would never make those claims because they are just sharing their findings and obviously if they said anything like what I said they would be labelled as anti-Semitic due to the control over the narrative that Jews currently have.
    Then, given that the article doesn't support the claims you made, why did you cite it as support for those claims?

That they accept/continue to accept proselytes has no bearing on the manipulation tactics I detailed.
    It has bearing on the claims you made, because it means that when you refer to "the Jews in the Bible," you are referring to a diverse group of people with DNA from various ancestries, going back to Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 07-14-2022 at 10:46 AM.
    Ron Paul

That article refers to their genetic heritage. So how would that have anything at all to do with being Semitic or not? A search of that article for the word "Semitic" brings up zero hits. The word Semitic can refer to one of two things: a family of languages, and Jewishness. To be Jewish is to be Semitic, regardless of DNA.
    Technically most Arabs are also Semitic.
    There is no spoon.

Then, given that the article doesn't support the claims you made, why did you cite it as support for those claims?

It has bearing on the claims you made, because it means that when you refer to "the Jews in the Bible," you are referring to a diverse group of people with DNA from various ancestries, going back to Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
    OK,, for Clarity..
    I make a distinction between "Descendants of Abraham" and those who have joined them.or the religions of men that have grown around them.
    I make a Hardcore distinction between Zionism and Judaism,,as they are incompatible and opposite.

There are True Jews and False Jews according to the book I follow..

And My King is the King of the Jews.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Technically most Arabs are also Semitic.
    You mean because Arabic is a Semitic language?

If you mean it in a sense of some kind of genetically defined race of people tracing their ancestry back to Noah's son Shem, then it's not a real thing. No more than there is such a thing as a Japhethite race or Hamite race.
    Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    OK,, for Clarity..
    I make a distinction between "Descendants of Abraham" and those who have joined them.or the religions of men that have grown around them.
    Do you have some means available to you to figure out who in the world is a descendant of Abraham? Because the number of people in the world who can trace their genealogies back that far is zero.

And do you draw similar distinctions with all the other ethnicities of the world, that over centuries have all gone through constant change through interaction with one another with some people being born into them and other people joining and leaving them?
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 07-14-2022 at 11:54 AM.
    Ron Paul

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

They weren't a very "diverse group of people" just because they had a backdoor for a few proselytes to get in, lol.

The article does support the claim I made by acting as a premise for modern Ashkenazi Jews being mostly of non-Middle Eastern descent. There, I took the word "Semitic" out. You happy now? Honestly if you're just going to focus on nitpicking a particular word, you could spend similar energy digging apart the indoctrination propaganda used by Zionists.

What is your opinion on Zionism and Israel?

They weren't a very "diverse group of people" just because they had a backdoor for a few proselytes to get in, lol.
    That's not the only reason they were a diverse group of people. It's just one of many. Their various migrations, conquests, dispersions, and such were also big contributing factors.

The article does support the claim I made by acting as a premise for modern Ashkenazi Jews being mostly of non-Middle Eastern descent. There, I took the word "Semitic" out. You happy now?
    The problem is, rather than actually saying that, the article explicitly undermines that claim in a quote I already showed you And when I pointed out that it does, you discounted that part of the article.

What is your opinion on Zionism and Israel?
    To the extent that zionism is statist, I oppose it, as I oppose statism more generally. But Jews have as much right to live in modern Israel as anyone else does. And if millions of them believe that they should move there and dominate that territory, kind of like what libertarians are doing in New Hampshire, more power to them. I don't believe that the modern nation state of Israel should be equated with biblical Israel or is some special country with special rights and privileges.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 07-14-2022 at 01:53 PM.
    Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Kind of pointless to argue the historical accuracy and biblical significance of terms that were relatively recently invented by some scientists trying to categorize things. Of course politics today is far too often a battle of words, definitions and redefinitions, so feel free to continue...next up, can a man get pregnant, and what is a woman?
    Look at the next sentence that you cut off right at the end of your first quote:
    Because Semitic-speaking peoples do not share any traits aside from language, use of the term “Semite” to refer to the broad range of Semitic-speaking peoples has fallen out of favour.
    And then notice this line right at the beginning of the article you got your second quote from:
    The terminology is now largely obsolete outside the grouping "Semitic languages" in linguistics.
    What you've demonstrated with your quotes is that those here talking about some genetically defined Semitic race are trying to revive a theory from centuries ago that nobody except people with agendas related to Jewishness believes anymore.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 07-14-2022 at 01:58 PM.
    Ron Paul

They overthrew a duly-elected native government and replaced the leadership with all Jews, so, I think that's pretty damn obvious.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Look at the next sentence that you cut off right at the end of your first quote:

And then notice this line right at the beginning of the article you got your second quote from:

What you've demonstrated with your quotes is that those here talking about some genetically defined Semitic race are trying to revive a theory from centuries ago that nobody except people with agendas related to Jewishness believes anymore.
    Eh, everyone has their agenda. Some want to take the word literally from it's origin, which is a categorization based on the name Shem, which may have no valid basis other than being a language categorization, and read other things into it, and some want to redefine and reduce it to the point that it is a simply part of a smear phrase (anti-Semitism) to be used against people rather liberally.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Do you have some means available to you to figure out who in the world is a descendant of Abraham? Because the number of people in the world who can trace their genealogies back that far is zero.

And do you draw similar distinctions with all the other ethnicities of the world, that over centuries have all gone through constant change through interaction with one another with some people being born into them and other people joining and leaving them?
    No,, I ignore such distractions,,until they become relevant on some level..

In this Case.. War in the Khazar territories,,by people with old bloodline hatreds (promoted by instigators)

And the thread was questioning Connections.. I only showed some connections.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

The word we were discussing when I said what you quoted was the word semitic, not semite. Someone else quoted that definition above. But here's the source I had checked before posting what I did.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/semitic

This is an old rhetorical trick that antisemites love to use. They chain together a string of definitions to say they're not antisemites, because, according to them, an anti-semite is someone who hates semites, and Arabs are semites, and they love Arabs, and besides most Jews aren't semites anyway because they're supposedly descended from Khazars or something so hating them wouldn't make someone an antisemite anyway, and voila.

Never mind that the actual definition of the word antisemite strictly means hatred of Jews, and has nothing to do with ancestry, and that even using the other words in their chain, they have to cherry pick definitions in order to make it work, hoping nobody actually looks up the words they use.
    That's a typical trick of Zionists, you know, the Jews that supported Hitler? Change the definition of the word so that only use can use it. Gay no longer means "happy." Woman no longer means adult female human with XX chromosomes. Semite no longer means semite. From Webster's definition of semetic.

Definition of Semitic (Entry 1 of 2)
    1: of, relating to, or constituting a subfamily of the Afro-Asiatic language family that includes Hebrew, Aramaic, Arabic, and Amharic
    2: of, relating to, or characteristic of the Semites
    3: JEWISH

So from definition 2, "semetic" includes everyone that falls under "semite" which includes Jews and Arabs and others. From your warped definition of semite, the 10 tribes of Israel that broke off after Solomon's apostasy and later became the Samaritans wouldn't count as "semites" because they aren't Jews and we all know "The Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans." Pure lunacy.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kind of pointless to argue the historical accuracy and biblical significance of terms that were relatively recently invented by some scientists trying to categorize things. Of course politics today is far too often a battle of words, definitions and redefinitions, so feel free to continue...next up, can a man get pregnant, and what is a woman?
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Brian4Liberty again

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

In that case there is no such thing as a Jew by birth. Because their whole claim is being descendants of Abraham. But guess what? Jews also view Arabs as descendants of Abraham. And genetic studies have show a subset of Ethiopians to be Jews. I am not even sure what you are trying to argue because you're not making any sense whatsoever.

If you mean it in a sense of some kind of genetically defined race of people tracing their ancestry back to Noah's son Shem, then it's not a real thing. No more than there is such a thing as a Japhethite race or Hamite race.
    The definition of Semite means people from the ME.
    There is no spoon.

No.. the Arab people are direct decedents of Abraham.. Ishmael is Abraham's other son.

and with a blessing from God as well..

you should read the story.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

An anti-Semite would say!

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Khazar War,, not Jewish.
    Zionist war, not Khazar.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Did you read the OP article?
    I did not.

I usually base my opinions on thread titles and article headlines.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Doesnt it refer to people who write from right to left?

I'm not trying to be funny.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's not the only reason they were a diverse group of people. It's just one of many. Their various migrations, conquests, dispersions, and such were also big contributing factors.
    Are we talking about diverse from within the Middle East, or diverse including European ancestry? The context is important, and I don't believe your premise follows through to your inference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chosen_people
    The problem is, rather than actually saying that, the article explicitly undermines that claim in a quote I already showed you And when I pointed out that it does, you discounted that part of the article.
    To you, "explicitly undermining" is the quotation of one person using mental gymnastics to try to protect his mythology.
    To the extent that zionism is statist, I oppose it, as I oppose statism more generally. But Jews have as much right to live in modern Israel as anyone else does. And if millions of them believe that they should move there and dominate that territory, kind of like what libertarians are doing in New Hampshire, more power to them. I don't believe that the modern nation state of Israel should be equated with biblical Israel or is some special country with special rights and privileges.
    How about to the degree that modern Zionism is expansionist?

In general I find it hard to demand that people give back land which their long-dead ancestors generally took, but some of it was quite a bit more recent and the nutjobs don't want to stop.
    Last edited by Anti-Neocon; 07-15-2022 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Doesnt it refer to people who write from right to left?

I'm not trying to be funny.

Wouldn't those be Setimes?

Are we talking about diverse from within the Middle East, or diverse including European ancestry? The context is important, and I don't believe your premise follows through to your inference.
    Both, especially by the time of the New Testament.
    Ron Paul

To you, "explicitly undermining" is the quotation of one person using mental gymnastics to try to protect his mythology.
    That one person (Martin Richards) was the leader of the study that the whole article was about, and the main source for the article. If his view was mythology, then you have nothing left in the article on which to base your claims.
    Ron Paul

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast