Thread: Ron Paul on G7 Retaliation

Ron Paul on G7 Retaliation

There is no spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not clear on why Trump is slapping G7 with tariffs. China I readily understand, and on a personal note anything that leads to the destruction of the UK is fine by me. But Germany? France? For pity's sake Japan? Not seeing it at all and it leads me to wonder whether this could lead to our economic undoing. Perhaps I am wholly mistaken, but I see Germany and Japan as economic, political, and cultural friends. France, not really, but neither are they enemies. They seem a resentful ally with their noses in the air; no good reason IMO to tariff their goods.

OTOH, I'm an ignorant human. Does anyone know a good reason to hit up Germany, etc.?

Trump has accomplished some good things in more or less correct directions. I hope they are not swelling is head.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Trump was on his way to meet with Kim Jong Un. The tariffs were a message to say the US is nobody's, um, worker bee. We don't know what happened behind the scenes.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

US has over 900 military bases worldwide, with a ton of them in Europe. Hopefully Trump is telling them we're not going to be your protector any more. Pay for your own protection or we will use tariffs to help you pay for em.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I'm not clear on why Trump is slapping G7 with tariffs. China I readily understand, and on a personal note anything that leads to the destruction of the UK is fine by me. But Germany? France? For pity's sake Japan? Not seeing it at all and it leads me to wonder whether this could lead to our economic undoing. Perhaps I am wholly mistaken, but I see Germany and Japan as economic, political, and cultural friends. France, not really, but neither are they enemies. They seem a resentful ally with their noses in the air; no good reason IMO to tariff their goods.

OTOH, I'm an ignorant human. Does anyone know a good reason to hit up Germany, etc.?

Trump has accomplished some good things in more or less correct directions. I hope they are not swelling is head.
    They all have higher tariffs and barriers than we do while we pay for their defense, we need to level the playing field.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They all have higher tariffs and barriers than we do while we pay for their defense, we need to level the playing field.
    I was unaware of their tariffs. The bit about paying their defense tab, however, I know but had not considered as a factor. It makes sense. Those bastards have been sponging off of us for nearly a century. Time for that to end.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I was unaware of their tariffs. The bit about paying their defense tab, however, I know but had not considered as a factor. It makes sense. Those bastards have been sponging off of us for nearly a century. Time for that to end.
    Us in the past: