Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Be nice to the new people

Quote Originally Posted by davehead View Post
    I've already been attacked, so your rule is BS.
    You'll get attacked. This forum isn't so much a political all-for-one place as much as it is a gathering of disparate intellectuals from all over the spectrum. And a few a-holes too. Don't take it personally. You'll learn a ton if you don't.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, please be nice to me, I am new!

I was told to not let the door hit me in the ass if I don't want to be a part of the GOP...never mind I've been a registered Republican for voting for RP purposes since 08 and a supporter since 05. Pretty damned rude and dictating if you ask me. Either support is welcomed or its only a conditional welcome..either opinions are welcomed or they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflyeblue View Post
    OMG, such a great post. I am not young I am 47 and a Woman, which RP does not have many of and totally new at the process and just told my sister last night if I did not love Ron Paul I would just close camp. What is it with you Ron Paul people. No one on any meetups or Ron Paul FB groups will answer questions and I find most people down right mean. I do not understand and so I did go out on my own and pretty much secured a precinct chair and confident may be a delegate at the county level, so trying to figure out what to do at the district level, but crap forget asking RP people I feel like I am at work without information sharing and all the political bull$#@! you deal with on the job. This is crazy and I am no longer frustrated with trying to find information I am frustrated with the way the RP people treat other people. What gives, if somebody came to me and wanted help or sent me an email trying to understand something I would be johnny on the spot and encourage and help keep them motivated even when everyone else is kicking them in the balls. This is the only board that has even offered any help. Help help be supportive, be nice, encourage, motivate, share information and keep bringing in more people, not running them off.
    It's worth considering. Many people may be not only new to the forums but new to forums and even new to politics in general.
    Best to inquire rather than require.
    It costs relatively little to give initial benefit of the doubt and helpfulness.
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

deleted
    Last edited by MozoVote; 03-18-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Brand spankin' new. First post. Joined initially to share a link to a Pro-Ron Paul website. Where is the best section to advertise the link? Grassroots Central or Marketing Strategy? Or, both? Thanks.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenmunk View Post
    Brand spankin' new. First post. Joined initially to share a link to a Pro-Ron Paul website. Where is the best section to advertise the link? Grassroots Central or Marketing Strategy? Or, both? Thanks.
    Marketing Strategy, a related Grassroots Central thread & I'd suggest adding it to your signature as well
    Welcome to the forums, if you need any help getting your bearings feel free to PM me.

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

Thank you, PolicyReader! I tried to add the website to my signature, but I see that hyperlinks and html are not permitted. Will that change after I've posted more?

I also added an animated .gif file for my profile picture. It shows up in my account, but not on the threads when I post. Any idea why? Thanks.

Yes you will gain more content privileges as your post count increases. As to the gif I believe it should function however there may be two areas one for "profile" and one for "avatar" it's been awhile since I updated mine so I don't remember for sure but I think that's how it's laid out so that may be your snag.

Yes, you're correct. It's the avatar I was looking for. Can't upload animated .gif files for the avatar yet. Perhaps that will change in time, too. Thanks a lot for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by zenmunk View Post
    Yes, you're correct. It's the avatar I was looking for. Can't upload animated .gif files for the avatar yet. Perhaps that will change in time, too. Thanks a lot for your help.
    you need to order the $20 annual subscription to be able to use animated gifs for your avatar

Membership Subscriptions: RonPaulForums.com / LibertyForest.com is in part supported by donations from our membership community though Membership Subscriptions. Subscriptions are $20 annually and provide you with the following site enhancements:

+ Private Message Space increased to 1500 Messages.
    + User can use up to 90px x 90px Animated Avatar.
    + User Can Upload Static Image for Signatures. Max width 600px Max height: 100px.
    + User Can Set Self to Invisible Mode.
    + Custom user title.
    + Allowance for one forum name edit. PM an admin.

Subscriptions can be ordered here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/payments.php
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...nt-Information

I've found humor is an acceptable "strategery"...

This is just a reminder to be on best behavior. Something strange has been happening on Ron Paul's FaceBook page the last couple days, The number of likes are starting to spike up and you all might start seeing some "new" visitors to this forum.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    This is just a reminder to be on best behavior. Something strange has been happening on Ron Paul's FaceBook page the last couple days, The number of likes are starting to spike up and you all might start seeing some "new" visitors to this forum.
    Never did the facebook thing, but glad to hear this.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    Never did the facebook thing, but glad to hear this.
    After trending downward for the past few weeks, the weekly LIKE count is beginning to trend upward. Is it possible some defectors are coming our way?

100% AGREED! Ron Paul's message of Liberty is for EVERYONE!

You guys think you are so smart about Ron Paul..then get to answering people's questions!!!
    I fear we will become the most well informed society to ever die of Ignorance

Hi Guys, I'm not "really" new around here as I joined back in 2007. I have not posted until now and I apologize. I'm glad santorum dropped out today.

I'm not new... and I honestly don't care if you are nice to me or not!

Quote Originally Posted by RPv Goldman Sachs View Post
    I'm not new... and I honestly don't care if you are nice to me or not!
    Assume the position!

Very true, and I just went into chat and almost left because of the smart "mouths".
    I haven't been here since 2008, and am helping a newbie to get delegate info.

No truer words, Robert, thank you.

Go GO President Paul!!!

Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post
    This thread was done because multiple times today people with under 20 post counts started new topics posting videos and articles like the John Stewart stuff and Ron Pauls new commercial with the intent to get involved and share something that truly excited them and brought them here to "be part of it", and in every case the first response was "posted like 3 days ago dude" That would scare off someone who genuinely just got interested in Ron Paul and was so excited to join us, and now they may never come back.
    We all need to think back to 2007 when everyone was new and get back into the education mode.
    People who do that "it's been posted dude" are pains in the asses. I don't come here every day if I have something to do elsewhere. I want to see what the buzz is. Because they surf here constantly and have read something does not mean every frakkin-body else has.. So chill with the "been posted already" crap. Who cares what you have read already and it doesn't prove a goddamned thing..

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynMama View Post
    Very true, and I just went into chat and almost left because of the smart "mouths".

Go GO President Paul!!!
    I would never go into chat... and look at my post count. It would be a bloodbath.

Rev9

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution9 View Post
    I would never go into chat... and look at my post count. It would be a bloodbath.

Rev9
    Smart man.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynMama View Post

Go GO President Paul!!!
    Don't let the chat clique tarnish your view of the forums.

The worst members of this site and the worst moderators sit in there all day and have become pretty isolated. They bark at intruders and they occasionally stray out for fresh meat.

Quote Originally Posted by davehead View Post
    I've already been attacked, so your rule is BS.
    Don't worry about it. Just hone your skills at the art of smack down rhetoric and yank it out and use it as needed. It can become an enjoyable pastime. It also gives you razor sharp wits for dealing with other political types that piss you off.

Rev9

greatly-needed post!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234