Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Site policies on Trump support

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I'm beginning to think that it's something completely different than that.

There's been quite a bit of "discussion" directed towards anyone who voices dissatisfaction with either Hillary or Obama lately.

Well, I hate to just throw around cliches, but I do think it has something to do with the "alpha male" stuff, I mean, every other candidate on that stage will do all Trump will do and worse, yet none of them gets the hate Donald has.

I have a theory if I met many of these people in real life they are probably that geek in high school who got shoved in lockers, followed around some girl like a lapdog doing her every bidding for years only to watch the guy who shoved him in the locker say two words to her and then have her in the back seat of his Mustang.

They see Trump, they see that bully, Look how often you see Trump called a "bully". Disagreeing with Trump is one thing, but watching people on these boards align themselves with Moveon.org, FOX News, MSNBC, CoC, CFR - pretty much every entity that tore Ron to shreds is amazing. In addition to that the way they do all the same lies and twisting that the media does, ignoring the NAP, property rights, speech rights, etc.
    Last edited by hankrichter12; 03-21-2016 at 01:25 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by hankrichter12 View Post
    Well, I hate to just throw around cliches, but I do think it has something to do with the "alpha male" stuff, I mean, every other candidate on that stage will do all Trump will do and worse, yet none of them gets the hate Donald has.

I have a theory if I met many of these people in real life they are probably that geek in high school who got shoved in lockers, followed around some girl like a lapdog doing her every bidding for years only to watch the guy who shoved him in the locker say two words to her and then have her in the back seat of his Mustang.

They see Trump, they see that bully, I mean look how often you see Trump called a "bully". Disagreeing with Trump is one thing, but watching people on these boards align themselves with Moveon.org, FOX News, MSNBC, CoC, CFR - pretty much every entity that tore Ron to shreds is amazing. In addition to that the way they do all the same lies and twisting that the media does, ignoring the NAP, property rights, speech rights, etc.
    I agree. The behaviors we have seen are symptomatic of deeply-ingrained emotional training and programming, and underlying all of them is jealousy that Trump is successfully pulling off an anti-establishment coup where Rand lacked the skills to do so even given the massive advantage of a liberty movement numbering in the millions, a clear lead in the polling, and a year's head start on everyone else in the field.

This is why I keep bringing up the questions than Ron and Rand need to answer - I believe that the lack of satisfactory answers on those questions is the primary root cause of the division here.

Quote Originally Posted by hankrichter12 View Post
    Disagreeing with Trump is one thing, but watching people on these boards align themselves with Moveon.org, FOX News, MSNBC, CoC, CFR - pretty much every entity that tore Ron to shreds is amazing. In addition to that the way they do all the same lies and twisting that the media does, ignoring the NAP, property rights, speech rights, etc.
    Dissent for Trump does not equal alignment with any of these entities in purpose. Your ad-hominems don't square.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post

This is why I keep bringing up the questions than Ron and Rand need to answer - I believe that the lack of satisfactory answers on those questions is the primary root cause of the division here.
    Have you asked them your personal questions yet so that you may post a definitive thread regarding them? Or are you too busy with your forum jihad to bother?

Bryan has made very clear to me personally that he does not want me to leave.

Now he has a cleanup problem THIS week and you are on the list.
    Frankly I don't want you to leave either.
    I want you to bring content here.
    LIBERTY CONTENT.

I bring 100:1 the liberty content you bring to this site in new cited threads. And then after I bring it here... I wake up each morning and trumpaloopas have bumped 15 stupid "trump just said" threads to the top of liberty forest forum. My content drowned. Most of it never even gets seen. A sensational cop story breaks through and I'm accused of always posting cop stories. Yet my threads on economics never see the light of day. I posted a great primer on austrian economics the other day... buried. But 12 threads #trumpjustsaid rise to the top, because $#@! you.

That was and is the issue. You were and continue to be a part of it.

Its very defeating to be drowned in a pool of "$#@! YOU" votes, and we all know that's all trump is to any of the rabid fanboys.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    LIBERTY CONTENT.

I bring 100:1 the liberty content you bring to this site in new cited threads. And then after I bring it here... I wake up each morning and trumpaloopas have bumped 15 stupid "trump just said" threads to the top of liberty forest forum. My content drowned. Most of it never even gets seen. A sensational cop story breaks through and I'm accused of always posting cop stories. Yet my threads on economics never see the light of day. I posted a great primer on austrian economics the other day... buried. But 12 threads #trumpjustsaid rise to the top, because $#@! you.

That was and is the issue. You were and continue to be a part of it.

Its very defeating to be drowned in a pool of "$#@! YOU" votes, and we all know that's all trump is to any of the rabid fanboys.
    Actually it is your own cohorts to blame for burying your content in false, sensationalist headlines about Trump and criticism-free regurgitation of MSM propaganda. Look at the names of those who started those posts - the primary culprits are phil4paul and CPUd. It's the fight that they started and they relentlessly pursue which has caused your problem.

With regards to myself, no you don't outcontribute me 100:1 even on that specific point. My own "Hillary Clinton is a Career Criminal" thread, posted just yesterday, got buried just as surely as your own threads, even though its content is absolutely mind-blowing even for those of us who have been following her criminal career all along.

I agree with your complaint and point you to the people truly to blame. You should direct your comments to them.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    hankrichter,

That is not an answer to my question.

...incidentally, you cannot answer the question, as you weren't here in 07-08.

I'm asking the 07-08 veterans, now become Trump supporters, who are so deeply offended by this "censorship," whether promotion of equally unlibertarian candidates such as McCain or Obama back was or should have been tolerated back in 07-08.
    You mean like Jesse Ventura? The guy who raises taxes when Governor? Because he was promoted on here. Gary Johnson too. And who was that Repub guy on the Libertarian ticket a couple of times ago? He was promoted here after Ron dropped out.

But none of this really matters. This is Bryan's forum and he can do with it what he pleases.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    You mean like Jesse Ventura? The guy who raises taxes when Governor? Because he was promoted on here. Gary Johnson too. And who was that Repub guy on the Libertarian ticket a couple of times ago? He was promoted here after Ron dropped out.
    Had anyone been promoting McCain/Obama/Romney in 08/12 to the extent that Trump is being promoted now, would you have objected?

Had anyone been promoting McCain/Obama/Romney in 08/12 to the extent that Trump is being promoted now, would you have objected?
    No, because LE would have already banned them.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Wait? Wut? You have my posts on ignore, but you un-hide them so that you can read them, so you can report them. That's some serious Machiavellian $#@! right there. Are you related to HVACtech?
    I'm giggling so hard at what I read there....it's Trump logic, I guess.

LIBERTY CONTENT.
    I don't have any more reps I can give ya. Did you know he was going to argue that posting anti Clinton content was supposed to be considered anti establishment or even liberty centric?

No, because LE would have already banned them.
    If it was while Ron was still running, you betcha. After he had dropped out, no; not if, it was in the proper place in the forum.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

@presence - even as I was typing that, CPUd was burying your content with yet another Trump article, one recycled without commentary from National Review and the point of which can only be to further irritate the very issue you complain about. Given that it's straight-up establishment/corporate media propaganda, I know you must be as annoyed by this dishonest and integrity-of-discussion-destroying practice as am I.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I'm giggling so hard at what I read there....it's Trump logic, I guess.
    Perfect example of a low-value post.
    ================

If it was while Ron was still running, you betcha.
    Are you aware that the Trump promotion here began months before Rand dropped out?

Are you aware that the Trump promotion here began months before Rand dropped out?
    Prove it. To the mods, as I'm alerting on your knowing lie.

I was aware of AuH2O, but he was banned. If there was, there shouldn't have been. But, now, Rand is clearly out.
    ================

Prove it. To the mods, as I'm alerting on your knowing lie.
    You ever had a tweaker friend that would help you look for things after they stole it from you?

the primary culprits are phil4paul and CPUd.
    Woohoo! I am honored to share the same stage with such an individual. Cohorts we must be. Should I PM you or do you wish to PM me so that we can continue our dark scheme?

I was aware of AuH2O, but he was banned. If there was, there shouldn't have been. But, now, Rand is clearly out.
    nope we aren't promoting Trump even though Rand is out, read OP

I was aware of AuH2O, but he was banned. If there was, there shouldn't have been.
    Well, we agree on something.

...but FYI, it was a lot more than AuH20.

But, now, Rand is clearly out.
    I think it should still be banned, simply because Trump represents the opposite of the ideas which RPF was founded to promote.

It makes no sense for libertarians to facilitate the promotion of anti-libertarian ideas.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand was on my ballot. I know. I voted for him. True he suspended. But, I voted for the candidate that I felt best exemplified these forums ideals on the ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    nope we aren't promoting Trump even though Rand is out, read OP
    I've read it twinkle toes. I never said that Trump should be promoted, but Bryan didn't ban discussion of him either.

Rand was on my ballot. I know. I voted for him. True he suspended. But, I voted for the candidate that I felt best exemplified these forums ideals on the ballot.
    Goody for you. Rand left the race. His decision. I'm not voting for someone no longer running.
    ================

@presence - even as I was typing that, CPUd was burying your content with yet another Trump article, one recycled without commentary from National Review and the point of which can only be to further irritate the very issue you complain about. Given that it's straight-up establishment/corporate media propaganda, I know you must be as annoyed by this dishonest and integrity-of-discussion-destroying practice as am I.
    I'm glad I finally got through to you. I hereby deputize you to bump one of the 100 odd threads I've started this past month on important liberty issues that have ZERO replies... take your pick or click on my name "latest threads started" there are endless more to choose from.

We Need SMART Foreign Policy

Started by presence, 01-20-2016

Steve Horwitz: What Austrian Economics IS and What Austrian Economics Is NOT

Started by presence, 03-19-2016

Citizen's Dividends Revisited

Started by presence, Today

10 Facts That Point Out LaVoy Was Murdered

Started by presence, Yesterday

Penn Jillette on Liberty and Bacon

Started by presence, 03-19-2016

ABC News: Federal Civil Rights Cases Against Officers Are Rare

Started by presence, 03-17-2016

Sen. Mike Lee rejects Merrick Garland's SCOTUS nomination

Police Deemed "Money Making Venture" not "Independent Branch of Government"

Started by presence, Today

House Freedom Caucus to break with leadership on budget

Mark Dayton proposes expanded tribal wild rice rights

Rights warriors slam US-Europe pact "Privacy Shield"

New York Senator moves to expand new medical marijuana program

Bank of England Launches Crypto "Supercurrency"

'Civil liberty vs. security' a false choice

John Boehner backs Boehner 2.0 Paul Ryan for president

Massie: War on Afghan Poppy a Failure

FIFA Admits to Bribery, Ask For Refund

Started by presence, 03-16-2016

"The Federation of Northern Syria" is Born

Started by presence, 03-16-2016

Dimock PA Fracking: Jury Awards $4.25 Million for Groundwater Contamination

Started by presence, 03-11-2016

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I'm glad I finally got through to you. I hereby deputize you to bump one of the 100 odd threads I've started this past month on important liberty issues that have ZERO replies... take your pick or click on my name "latest threads started" there are endless more to choose from.
    I doubt they would have replied anyway.
    ================

the 100 odd threads I've started this past month on important liberty issues that have ZERO replies....
    Too many people busying themselves with the latest neg rep vendetta to respond to posts.

I strongly approve of your efforts. Oddly enough I don't remember seeing any of these threads - the thread spammers have been quite effective at pushing them off the list.

Goody for you. Rand left the race. His decision. I'm not voting for someone no longer running.
    Did you support Ron after he "suspended" his campaign in 2012? If not who did you support?

Perfect example of a low-value post.
    Oh, no. I'm crushed...wounded....How can I go on after this assessment has been brought down on my post?

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic