View Poll Results: Anyone Else Voting The Republican Ticket Nov 6?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 40.74%
  • No

16 59.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Voting The Republican Ticket Nov 6?

Anyone Else Voting The Republican Ticket Nov 6?

Hey guys - I figure this is more "Liberty campaigns" than political news haha.

I checked my voter registration a few days ago. It'll be the first time since 2012 that I'll have voted for anything.

It's pretty funny, I have no idea who the candidates are. No idea what the issues are. And I don't care. It's blatantly obvious that only 2 parties matter, and one party cannot be stomached; that's not a strong enough statement. So, as much as I've enjoyed my abstinence the past 6 years, waiting to be able to say "see - I told you these representatives are illegitimate", consider my buttons pushed.

It's gone way too far. In the liberal la-la land that I live in, I've had to hear someone scoff at some commentator for saying we need to "believe evidence" ... what??? They really, truly, believed that someone should be believed. Equivocating that evidence isn't necessary. I don't even know what that means. Do they even understand how many centuries of precedent that overturns? The implications of that, completely throwing our justice system out the window? It makes no sense.

To put icing on the cake, the chick literally said that, by being a woman, you've been sexually assaulted. ...What? Like, there isn't the possibility that you've been able to go through life as a woman without being sexually assaulted. It's just a 100% thing, apparently. As given as death and taxes. I doubt it, particularly coming from her mouth.
    --To make things worse, you've got the other liberal guy agreeing with her. But "trying to be reasonable", he said something along the lines of "...yeah, she should be believed". I should've recorded it so I could get the phrasing right, but the incredible doublethink, somehow we believe the woman, yet somehow the man isn't guilty??? Those aren't two mutually coexisting conditions. I don't know if it's political correctness gone off the rails, where you can't tell people "No. You're wrong. And actually, you're insane." or, if innocent until proven guilty has just been completely thrown out the window by a political party.

In any case, the political theater was masterful. Bravo. I don't think it could have been done any better. Get something from literally 35 years ago, that can never be proven or disproven, emotionally charge it, make it about women, their rights, their oppression, their fear, their shame, and everything else under the sun. Turn it into a literal charade of "Do you believe in innocent until proven guilty, or not" for Kavanaugh's nomination rather than *anything* else of substance, like how he is horrible on the 4th amendment.
    --And it worked. I don't see any other realistic outcome other than frenzied, foaming at the mouth liberals bringing out a media circus of their triumphant victory if Kavanaugh hadn't been confirmed. And unfortunately, I don't see any reasonable person standing for that, despite a plethora of legitimate policy concerns where Kavanaugh is not that great of a pick.

So. To liberals - congratulations, you've got my attention. I'm voting red in November. And I hope it's a landslide, because 2016 obviously wasn't enough for you, you need a very hard 2nd dose of reality.
    --And yeah, the concept of voting in this context is laughable. The number of conversations I've heard, about how we just need to *VOTE*. And that will solve our problems. Really? And what happens when the person you're talking to votes the exact opposite of you? What then? Freaking morons couldn't problem solve themselves out of a paper bag.

It's sad, usually several days pass and it's not worth posting, or at least there isn't much emotion behind it haha . Not this time.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I live in New York...
    I will vote for Larry Sharpe (Libertarian) for governor
    For Senate I will vote forAaron Commey(Libertarian)
    My Congressmann is Dan Donovan...He is a Big Government RINO Neocon...I will not vote for him

He voted against Trump's Tax Plan 3 times...He supports Obamacare & open Borders...No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 106459 View Post

It's pretty funny, I have no idea who the candidates are. No idea what the issues are. And I don't care.
    Thank you for doing your civic duty. You are a true hero.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I will vote for the republican candidate for governor in Tennessee, Bill Lee. He seems honest enough. I will not vote for either the democrat Phil "I want to add a 20% payroll tax to pay for healthcare but you might still have to buy a private plan on top of it" Bredesen nor republican Marsha "Let's have a national ID card to stop illegal immigration because we have to destroy freedom in order to save it" and "I haven't seen a war yet I didn't like" Blackburn. Sadly our gadfly libertarian senate candidate Daniel whathisface (Lewis I think) didn't get on the ballot this time. (I looked). We've got about 20 independents running for governor and 20 independents running for senator and not a single third party candidate. Strange. Hey, if I write in Ron Paul for senate in Tennessee will that count? Or maybe I can write in Matt Collins as he at least used to live here?

Anyway, Marsha's opened up a 14 point lead of whoopass on Bredesen. Otherwise I'd have to rethink and consider actually holding my nose a voting for Mrs. Blackburn. The other sickening thing about Bredesen is that his claim to fame is "fixing" Tennessee's medicaid program, Tenncare, but kicking hundreds of thousands of people off, including people with terminal illnesses who were facing bankruptcy. https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...rn/1217149002/ Why do I bring this up? Because I here uninformed people say "Vote for Bredesen because we need to expand medicaid." Really? First of all even if he got elected senator that has nothing to do with whether or not a state decides to agree to medicaid expansion. That's up to the governor and the democrat in that race is behind 20 points. Second Bredesen is the one that kicked people off! And third, a program that is unsustainable at the state level could bankrupt the entire country if it is done nationwide. Unsustainable is unsustainable. Why get people hooked on government dependence?

Anyway, he ain't gonna win. Bill Lee doesn't need my vote any more than Marsha Blackburn needs it, but so far I like Bill Lee.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Thanks for the poll.

I voted.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I'm voting straight Republican this weekend (found my early voting place this morning).
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I'm voting straight Republican this weekend (found my early voting place this morning).
    +rep
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Hey guys - I figure this is more "Liberty campaigns" than political news haha.

I checked my voter registration a few days ago. It'll be the first time since 2012 that I'll have voted for anything.

It's pretty funny, I have no idea who the candidates are. No idea what the issues are. And I don't care. It's blatantly obvious that only 2 parties matter, and one party cannot be stomached; that's not a strong enough statement. So, as much as I've enjoyed my abstinence the past 6 years, waiting to be able to say "see - I told you these representatives are illegitimate", consider my buttons pushed.

It's gone way too far. In the liberal la-la land that I live in, I've had to hear someone scoff at some commentator for saying we need to "believe evidence" ... what??? They really, truly, believed that someone should be believed. Equivocating that evidence isn't necessary. I don't even know what that means. Do they even understand how many centuries of precedent that overturns? The implications of that, completely throwing our justice system out the window? It makes no sense.

To put icing on the cake, the chick literally said that, by being a woman, you've been sexually assaulted. ...What? Like, there isn't the possibility that you've been able to go through life as a woman without being sexually assaulted. It's just a 100% thing, apparently. As given as death and taxes. I doubt it, particularly coming from her mouth.
    --To make things worse, you've got the other liberal guy agreeing with her. But "trying to be reasonable", he said something along the lines of "...yeah, she should be believed". I should've recorded it so I could get the phrasing right, but the incredible doublethink, somehow we believe the woman, yet somehow the man isn't guilty??? Those aren't two mutually coexisting conditions. I don't know if it's political correctness gone off the rails, where you can't tell people "No. You're wrong. And actually, you're insane." or, if innocent until proven guilty has just been completely thrown out the window by a political party.

In any case, the political theater was masterful. Bravo. I don't think it could have been done any better. Get something from literally 35 years ago, that can never be proven or disproven, emotionally charge it, make it about women, their rights, their oppression, their fear, their shame, and everything else under the sun. Turn it into a literal charade of "Do you believe in innocent until proven guilty, or not" for Kavanaugh's nomination rather than *anything* else of substance, like how he is horrible on the 4th amendment.
    --And it worked. I don't see any other realistic outcome other than frenzied, foaming at the mouth liberals bringing out a media circus of their triumphant victory if Kavanaugh hadn't been confirmed. And unfortunately, I don't see any reasonable person standing for that, despite a plethora of legitimate policy concerns where Kavanaugh is not that great of a pick.

So. To liberals - congratulations, you've got my attention. I'm voting red in November. And I hope it's a landslide, because 2016 obviously wasn't enough for you, you need a very hard 2nd dose of reality.
    --And yeah, the concept of voting in this context is laughable. The number of conversations I've heard, about how we just need to *VOTE*. And that will solve our problems. Really? And what happens when the person you're talking to votes the exact opposite of you? What then? Freaking morons couldn't problem solve themselves out of a paper bag.

It's sad, usually several days pass and it's not worth posting, or at least there isn't much emotion behind it haha . Not this time.
    Ron endorsed this man in Maine:

From an email he sent me:

My son Rand, Senator Ted Cruz, Maine Governor Paul LePage, Dudley Brown and the National Association for Gun Rights, Gun Owners of America and numerous other conservative leaders are enthusiastically supporting Eric’s campaign.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Thank you for doing your civic duty. You are a true hero.
    Hahaha, I can appreciate the snippet, no offense taken. Put back into context, The US is a two party system - for fun, I tried looking up Libertarian party accomplishments, but all I got was their 2016 victory page where they got 3.5% of the vote. So, if they're accomplishing anything, they're marketing it pretty badly.

So, they really haven't energized me. But, the idea of a blue wave is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, that's worth me getting out of my chair for 30 minutes on a Tuesday to check a box on a piece of paper.

In terms of actually making a difference, this is how I'd rank things:
    -Move somewhere that sane people live, and stop giving money via taxes & purchases to lunatics
    -Be active in the community and disseminate ideas that grow liberty
    -Drop a piece of paper in a box

Personally, this is just introspective for me. By a wide degree of factors, I'm educated, make good money, and have been successful. But, the powers that be have been very successful at reverting people to tribal identities. And this is democracy at work . I get to vote and matter just as much as everyone else does. It doesn't bode well.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Ron endorsed this man in Maine:

From an email he sent me:
    I luv the "MOB" reference lol

And I love the way "MOB" triggers the talking heads.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    As a former Democrat and happy libertarian, I can confidently say that crushing Democrats in 2018 is #1 priority for me and hopefully anyone that values the constitution. This is not to say that Republican don't pose a threat to the constitution and liberty, because they do, but 2018 liberals are absolutely the WORST. I hope that every Republican beats every Democrat right now. The statist left needs to be beaten badly and the GOP needs to move more toward Rand.

I am kind of glad the the left has gone off of the deep end because it really helps make more obvious just how stupid their ideas are.

On a side note, I did put a bet on the GOP to hold the house using predictit.org so thanks to whoever introduced me to that website back before Trump beat Hillary. Easy money.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

We again have a loose 50/50 split... pollwise!

The key to victory is to vote early and often.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    We again have a loose 50/50 split... pollwise!
    Those are the best kind of polls, where every vote makes a difference
    - Kim Kardashian

Come on people, VOTE!!

This poll is so close right now, we can't let No win
    - Kim Kardashian

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's blatantly obvious that only 2 parties matter
    It is one thing to say that it blatantly obvious that only 2 parties have a chance to win. But saying only two parties matter make it sound like the 2 parties have already defeated the American people.

I will be voting a mix. Mostly Libertarian, one Constitutionalist who is a regular customer, and a couple GOP when no LP option is available.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Come on people, VOTE!!

This poll is so close right now, we can't let No win
    No winning 11-8, but the polls are still open. Don't feel disenfranchised.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I will be voting
    +rep
    - Kim Kardashian

Living in California, I voted straight Republican ticket, where I could. My state has a 'gorilla' primary, where regardless of political party, the top two primary vote earners are on the ballot, rather than opposing parties. With dead people, illegal aliens, and now jailed felons all bolstering the Democratic Party numbers, many of the electoral choices are two Democratic Party candidates. When there was a Republican Party candidate, I voted for them. When there were only two Democratic Party candidates (Dianne Feinstein vs. Kevin Deleon, etc...) I wrote in Ron Paul. I know it won't count, but I would rather waste a vote than cast one for either Democrat.

Many of us have voted for Libertarian candidates in the past
    and may continue to do so in future elections. This poll shows
    this. Easily 1/3rd of the posters here are solidly pro-Trump, yet
    this does not guarantee an enduring fervor engulfing the GOP.
    Let the chips fall where they may. The weeks will fly by fast.

Hahaha, I can appreciate the snippet, no offense taken. Put back into context, The US is a two party system - for fun, I tried looking up Libertarian party accomplishments, but all I got was their 2016 victory page where they got 3.5% of the vote. So, if they're accomplishing anything, they're marketing it pretty badly.
    The 3.5% data point is referencing the popular vote in a presidential election.
    I know you admit to not doing research so let me offer a bit of help, this is a midterm election.

OP looks like a concern troll. No, I will not be voting Republican. $#@! them. And maybe I'll just vote straight-ticket Democrat to balance out mindless fools who do.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Democrats must be worried. I don't think I have ever seen so much hype over a midterm. The MSM is nonstop. Obama and Oprah? WTF? MSM so much trying to get democrats to vote. I hope they lose and lose big both now and in 2020. If Trump is bad, there is no doubt in my mind that the opposition is worse. This country has gone downhill. Colleges need to get out of politics. Political correctness needs a rapid death.

There should be a simple IQ test that everyone needs to pass prior to being able to vote. People vote based on emotion rather than reason.

The swamp definitely needs drained.

Trump has done more to bring partisan politics and stupidity to the forefront than any other political person. Dems need to get wiped out so we can concentrate on getting rid of the rest of the lame representatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    OP looks like a concern troll. No, I will not be voting Republican. $#@! them. And maybe I'll just vote straight-ticket Democrat to balance out mindless fools who do.
    Why do you hate America?
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Why do you hate America?

At least he is voting.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Well thanks for the reminder. I have been so scornful of Democrats recently that I forgot that if I don't vote I can piss off BOTH of you, which is way better than just trolling leftists.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Hey, OP. If you wanted me to vote only for Republicans, you should have come here months ago and found a way to get primary voters to nominate a decent candidate for governor.

Instead they nominated a sleazy payday loan operator who was banned from operating in half a dozen states--absolutely the worst of the candidates they had to choose from.

And you want me to vote for that because he's of the same party as Nixon and Dubya? Would it be putting too fine a point on it to say $#@! you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Chester Copperpot

I will be voting Libertarian for Murray Sabrin in NJs senate race and Republican for the house. If Murray wasnt running I would just vote straight down the GOP ticket.. my fiancee is liberal and hates trump and will probably vote straight democratic.. (fair disclosure she hates Hillary too)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast