Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canadian cops to punish drunk drivers with Nickelback tunes

Canadian cops to punish drunk drivers with Nickelback tunes

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/30/americ...back-dui-trnd/

Talk about cruel and unusual punishment!
    The Canadian town of Kensington has hit upon a genius plan to detract its residents from drinking and driving this holiday season.

Not only will the cops charge you, they'll also blast Nickelback while they haul you to jail.
    The Kensington Police Service laid down the law in a Facebook post over the weekend for those "dumb enough to feel they can drink and drive."
    "When we catch you, and we will catch you," the department added, "on top of a hefty fine, a criminal charge and a years driving suspension we will also provide you with a bonus gift of playing the offices copy of Nickelback in the cruiser on the way to jail."
    Constable Robb Hartlen told CNN the department doesn't actually hate the band - Canada's most questionable gift to the world.
    "We are just using a different approach to get an age-old message communicated," he said. "As long as it starts the 'Don't drink and drive' dialogue, we're happy with that."
    The department said it hasn't had to unleash Chad Kroeger and the boys on anyone yet. And it hopes it stays that way.
    "So please, lets not ruin a perfectly good unopened copy of Nickelback," it said in its post. "You don't drink and drive and we won't make you listen to it."
    You go, Canada.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will never understand why people think Nickleback music sucks. This wouldn't discourage me at all from drunk driving.

It'd be torture for me.

If I am in the back of the police car upset about the consequences and drunk, that feeling would quickly disappear with Nickelback blasting. I would request they keep the party going when they put me in the cell.

Don't drunk people that get jiggy tend to puke a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    Only if they do not drink often I think .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    If I am in the back of the police car upset about the consequences and drunk, that feeling would quickly disappear with Nickelback blasting. I would request they keep the party going when they put me in the cell.
    Same here, I've never understood the disdain for Nickleback. Or Creed. Compared to some of the gross funk posted on here sometimes they are pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    Same here, I've never understood the disdain for Nickleback. Or Creed. Compared to some of the gross funk posted on here sometimes they are pretty darn good.
    Indeed. Nickelback is high quality, A+ music.

This is a classic, that in a few decades will probably be considered on par to what people today think of The Beatles

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another fantastic song right here. Will go down in history as one of the greats

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I will never understand why people think Nickleback music sucks. This wouldn't discourage me at all from drunk driving.

I agree completely. I actually like Nickelback quite a bit. But your post made me think of this video:

Apparently, the band is aware of this and are having some fun with it at the beginning of that video.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Indeed. Nickelback is high quality, A+ music.

This is a classic, that in a few decades will probably be considered on par to what people today think of The Beatles
    $#@!in'-A dude.

But seriously, grew up on The Beatles, embraced grunge when it hit, have gone to harpsichord concerts or rocked out to heavy head-banging metal at the City Limits rock bar. Have danced in Honky Tonks with George Straight or Garth Brooks playing live not 10 feet away. It's all good. Yes, I do like that song.

--
    Last edited by kahless; 12-27-2016 at 05:47 PM.

Speaking of which, I don't think anyone can actually name all of the actual rockstars, famous people, and movie stars that appear in this video without looking it up.

Hurry....some real music to save this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    No bad, but I think I'll still take some Molly Hatchet over those guys,

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    Creed forgot who the "lion roaring in the darkness" is...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Only if they do not drink often I think .
    I drink a lot and I still get jiggy and puke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Just because it is created with musical instruments, does not mean that it is music.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I drink a lot and I still get jiggy and puke.
    Picture, if you will, the back seat of a Canadian police car... with Nickelback.

That's headache inducing. A bunch of noise.

Haha. To me, Tosin Abasi is the best guitar player in the world today. Matt Garska is one of the best drummers too.

Haha. To me, Tosin Abasi is the best guitar player in the world today. Matt Garska is one of the best drummers too.
    To me, his technique is pretty good, but he's still just making noise. This little girl sounds better.

To me, his technique is pretty good, but he's still just making noise. This little girl sounds better.
    Here's another talented young lass;

[edit]

Last edited by tod evans; 12-01-2016 at 08:09 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ^ Must spread rep... WOW!

Also, IBANEZ!!!!
    Last edited by fedupinmo; 12-01-2016 at 08:18 AM.

^ Must spread rep... WOW!

Also, IBANEZ!!!!
    On the subject of the OP and the group Nickleback........

I can't stand vocalists that sound as though they're straining to take a $#@!, there's just too much music out there for me to subject myself to sounds that irk me...

Huh? Do you play guitar? I do. There's no way that's better.

i remember DISCO....had a DISCO SUCKS t-shirt, and was a member of the Rock and Roll AirForce.

i'd rather listen to finger nails on a chalk board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast