Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amash is at it again

Amash is at it again

Representatives Amash (R-MI) and Lofgren (D-CA) have proposed an amendment to one of the mini-omnibus bills to curb NSA domestic data reaping under 702. I can't find the specific bill, but it may be HR 2740. Anyone still interested in activism might keep and eye out for it, and might just call their representative and let them know they're being watched.

I now turn this thread over to the shylls to tell us we'd rather be spied on by the NSA than lift one finger to back a California Democrat or a non-Trumpsucking Republican.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ah, so that explains the sudden intense propaganda campain against Amash here!
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Did I miss trumps tweet rallying his base to contact their reps concerning this to MAGA?

Justin Amash, still the top Congressman in the house.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Ok, I will call Dianne $#@!ing Feinstein and ask her to support the bill when it gets to the Senate, because I wouldn't want some insane person with TDS to think I'm a "shill for the establishment" lol....

Talk about propaganda.. this thread is a prime example.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ok, I will call Dianne $#@!ing Feinstein and ask her to support the bill when it gets to the Senate, because I wouldn't want some insane person with TDS to think I'm a "shill for the establishment" lol....

Well one of your insane buddies with TSDS (Trump Supporter's Derangement Syndrome) compared me to Bernie Sanders simply for pointing out that Trump's bumpfire stock ban by executive order was a bad precedent so we're even.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

AN EXCELLENT MOVE
    that SHOULD NOT be necessary...

IS EVERY GENERATION GOING TO HAVE TO REITERATE THE BILL OF RIGHTS SO THE WONT USE THE BILL OF WRONGS?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Amash and Lofgren sponsored the same amendment in Jan 2018 and it was voted down.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I heard you and Dianne were an item.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Did I miss trumps tweet rallying his base to contact their reps concerning this to MAGA?

Justin Amash, still the top Congressman in the house.
    The NSA surveillance abuses are hated just the same. You will find a sympathetic ear in POTUS. If I were Amash, I would call President Trump and ask for his support. Too bad he burned that bridge with his insane lies about impeachment.

I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

This has substance and isn't based on media falsehood and whipped up frenzy.

Are we sure we want to dedicate our time to this, instead of continuing to follow the MSM's cues on where to look for evil Russian super-villians?

Maybe I should call Amash's office and tell him not to lose sight of the Russian boogeymen.

----------------------------------
    (Seriously though, this is more like it. This is the kind of stuff Amash should be/have been focused on))
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 06-14-2019 at 02:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    The NSA surveillance abuses are hated just the same. You will find a sympathetic ear in POTUS. If I were Amash, I would call President Trump and ask for his support. Too bad he burned that bridge with his insane lies about impeachment.

Really.

Is that why the British home secretary has just signed a request from the US for Julian Assange to be extradited- where he faces an 18-count indictment, issued by the US Department of Justice?
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2019/06/...assange-to-us/

So much sympathy.
    There is no spoon.

My objectivity has never been more clear. Rand said he had his campaign spied on, Trump had his campaign spied on too, but lets impeach Trump because they couldn't find anything when they spied on him.. Mike Pence isn't a neocon who would put us to war with Iran. I will call my representatives immediately and tell them to support impeachment immediately

#MikePence2019

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My objectivity has never been more clear. Rand said he had his campaign spied on, Trump had his campaign spied on too, but lets impeach Trump because they couldn't find anything when they spied on him.. Mike Pence isn't a neocon who would put us to war with Iran. I will call my representatives immediately and tell them to support impeachment immediately

#MikePence2019
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Rainbow-Snatch
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

^^^THIS^^^

I will absolutely support Amash in this even if it hasn't a chance of passing but it does NOTHING to absolve him of supporting the same illegal spying against Trump.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

You're going to call a Senator and tell her to vote for an amendment to a House bill? Or you're going to tell a Senator to vote for a House bill because of an amendment that hasn't been added to it yet, without telling her to ensure it gets added first, and ensure the Senate version includes it too? Even though House members are obviously easier to persuade, because you're clearly a larger percentage of his or her constituency than a senator of an overpopulated state? Do you even know who your Rep is?

Good, dannno. *pats head* Your value as an activist is on par with your ability to spot--or even define--propaganda.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-30-2021 at 08:44 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Ah, so that explains the sudden intense propaganda campain against Amash here!
    I doubt it . Doubt anyone knows about it .
    Do something Danke

Also , whoever called JMDrake bernie sanders , that is just wrong .
    Do something Danke

I think it is great Amash is doing this . I would not even want to be in the same room as lofgren , disgusting . This is how they need to earn all that money . Doing jobs nobody else would .
    Do something Danke

Hoping the amendment gets passed but I doubt it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

MAGA team should not take lightly persistent narratives being built in social media to paint MAGA team/its funders as B team of Deep Stage/neocons, unfortunately this is not 2016 and no longer have advanatge of being underdogs and no track record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr6F6dZ0Qqg

Trump 'errs on the side of security'--supports Patriot Act and NSA metadata collection

Trump: Restore the Patriot Act

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    MAGA team should not take lightly persistent narratives being built in social media to paint MAGA team/its funders as B team of Deep Stage/neocons, unfortunately this is not 2016 and no longer have advanatge of being underdogs and no track record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr6F6dZ0Qqg

Trump 'errs on the side of security'--supports Patriot Act and NSA metadata collection

Trump: Restore the Patriot Act
    Tulsi Gabbard is the new Obama.

Tulsi Gabbard is the new Obama.
    Could be. But to be fair she has been pretty vocal against ISIS unlike Obama (lately there is resurgence of ISIS and Dems may label MAGA as 'Founding Father of ISIS 2.0' during debates).

Also, MAGA was previously seen as Netanyahu of GOP-Adelson money wing by hard right conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Could be. But to be fair she has been pretty vocal against ISIS unlike Obama (lately there is resurgence of ISIS and Dems may label MAGA as 'Founding Father of ISIS 2.0' during debates).

Also, MAGA was previously seen as Netanyahu of GOP-Adelson money wing by hard right conservatives.
    Obama created ISIS so they would have an enemey to fight in every corner of the world and keep Israel and other countries in the middle east beholden to us for protection, she has consponsered a ton of pro Israel legislation, one of them to authorize force again Iran.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The NSA surveillance abuses are hated just the same. You will find a sympathetic ear in POTUS.
    If that's true, then why have neither Trump nor his flunkies ever suggested any sort of changes to domestic surveillance laws?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    If that's true, then why have neither Trump nor his flunkies ever suggested any sort of changes to domestic surveillance laws?
    The deep state will attack him for anything like that, he has to color between the lines otherwise his presidency is over and he can't do good for the country. He would probably feel more comfortable going after the deep state if he had more public support.

The deep state will attack him for anything like that, he has to color between the lines otherwise his presidency is over and he can't do good for the country. He would probably feel safter to go after the deep state if he had more public support.
    It's all part of his plan to get rid of Paul Ryan.

It's all part of his plan to get rid of Paul Ryan.
    Are you pretending like there is public support to get rid of the broken laws? When Rand sparred with Chris Christie in the debates he polled lower with Republicans than Chris Christie on the "get a warrant" issue. If more people demanded the government needs a warrant to surveill an American citizen than he could do it, otherwise it would eat at his support and they would use it against him.

Are you pretending like there is public support to give rid of the broken laws? When Rand sparred with Chris Christie in the debates he polled lower with Republicans than Chris Christie on the "get a warrant" issue. If more peoplle demanded the government needs a warrant to surveill an American citizen than he could do it, otherwise it would eat at his support and they would use it against him.
    Trump can evidently convince Trumpkins that up is down and black is white, and he's been beating the 'I was spied on' drum since 2016. If the Invertebrate-American population believes that the deep state is real and that the deep state uses domestic surveillance against fine, upstanding liberty-minded folks like Trump, it should take no effort to convince them that the logical solution is to at the very least revamp FISA.

Rand had that debate at a time when the Trumpkin believed that government power was a weapon to be used against brown people. Now they at least vaguely understand that it is also a weapon that also works against white people.

(This exclusively applies to intelligence agencies. They've gone the opposite way on police power, and support it more vigorously than ever.)
    Last edited by TheCount; 06-16-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Trump can evidently convince Trumpkins that up is down and black is white, and he's been beating the 'I was spied on' drum since 2016. If the Invertebrate-American population believes that the deep state is real and that the deep state uses domestic surveillance against fine, upstanding liberty-minded folks like Trump, it should take no effort to convince them that the logical solution is to at the very least revamp FISA.

Rand had that debate at a time when the Trumpkin believed that government power was a weapon to be used against brown people. Now they at least vaguely understand that it is also a weapon that also works against white people.

(This exclusively applies to intelligence agencies. They've gone the opposite way on police power, and support it more vigorously than ever.)
    Rand said his campaign was sureveilled, you don't think Trump was spied on by the deep state?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast