Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Privatize the Public Monuments

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Like statues? Well, guess what? They're being taken down and thrown in the trash heap.
    That's a failure of the state and should be treated that way. The state should protect the property better, and there are ways of doing it. There are people like you and me who would pay the state to do these things. This is where i split hairs with anarchists who want no government.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    That's a failure of the state and should be treated that way. The state should protect the property better, and there are ways of doing it. There are people like you and me who would pay the state to do these things. This is where i split hairs with anarchists who want no government.
    I'd rather pay someone I trust to do these things. I don't actually trust the state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd rather pay someone I trust to do these things. I don't actually trust the state.
    Fine with me, I am not talking security theater like the TSA. I am talking about minimal government not no government.

Fine with me, I am not talking security theater like the TSA. I am talking about minimal government not no government.
    Your idea of minimal government includes preserving statues and monuments? Mine doesn't and not surprisingly, they're doing a $#@!ty job of it.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Your idea of minimal government includes preserving statues and monuments? Mine doesn't and not surprisingly, they're doing a $#@!ty job of it.
    I would like to preserve ideas of all kinds, good ones and bad ones. I don't see monuments of old of people who followed different morals as failures or bad people because I don't think that as a human society we should white wash our failure. Failure is a way to prove how not to do something.

I would like to preserve ideas of all kinds, good ones and bad ones. I don't see monuments of old of people who followed different morals because I don't think that as a human society we should white wash our failure. Failure is a way to prove how not to do something.
    I agree, I think. (You have a bit of a word salad going on there in the middle. ) I just don't happen to think the government are trustworthy custodians of such things.

I agree, I think. (You have a bit of a word salad going on there in the middle. ) I just don't happen to think the government are trustworthy custodians of such things.
    We need to replace mediocrity with meritocracy. That's the biggest problem with government which causes problems like this. Use it or lose it budgeting, or lack of budgeting in general. If we actually cared about cost of government a lot of the cronyism could be reigned in on. You don't have problems with people putting graffiti on minutemen ICBM's.

We need to replace mediocrity with meritocracy. That's the biggest problem with government which causes problems like this. Use it or lose it budgeting, or lack of budgeting in general. If we actually cared about cost of government a lot of the cronyism could be reigned in on. You don't have problems with people putting graffiti on minutemen ICBM's.
    Good luck with that and good luck keeping it if you're going to trust voters and voting machines.

Good luck with that and good luck keeping it if you're going to trust voters and voting machines.
    The US government has been circumventing voters and voting machines in countries worldwide, its why its laughable when we criticize Russia for influencing our elections. I think that we could start by having an honest discussion about election hacking, we started having one in 2000 and then it went nowhere. The US government is the election hackers, we need to have a real election.

The US government has been circumventing voters and voting machines in countries worldwide, its why its laughable when we criticize Russia for influencing our elections. I think that we could start by having an honest discussion about election hacking, we started having one in 2000 and then it went nowhere. The US government is the election hackers, we need to have a real election.
    And once we get all that fixed then take a look at the average voter. By then, there won't be any statues left to worry about. It's just easier and more efficient to take it out of government's hands all together.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And once we get all that fixed then take a look at the average voter. By then, there won't be any statues left to worry about. It's just easier and more efficient to take it out of government's hands all together.
    Suz wins the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Who do the monuments belong to?

If they're going to be torn down and thrown in the trash (which is what's happening) is not better that they're either returned to whoever donated them or sold?
    No, that's not permitted.

The ideas need to crushed, anything and everything showing white people in positions of power, "supremacy" or even in a positive light must be purged.

Everything "we" (and in this case I'm just talking to you, as I know, from your pictures, you are a white woman) are is based on privilege that was gained through oppression.

Everything we stand for, everything we hold valuable, any institutions, ideals, philosophies and traditions must be wiped out and removed from the public square.

This is the new regime's prime directive and they have made it very clear they intend to carry it out.

private property

Monument To ‘Unknown Confederate Soldiers’ Being Built In Alabama
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-being-built-/

A Confederate memorial is slated to be erected this month near Montgomery, Alabama, notwithstanding mounting efforts to dismantle similar monuments across the country.

The monument to “unknown Confederate soldiers” is currently being installed next to the Dry Creek RV Park in Brantley, Ala., and will be formally unveiled during an afternoon ceremony slated for Aug. 27, AL.com reported Friday.

“The public’s invited,” Jimmy Hill, commander of the Alabama division of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, told the website. “Anyone who wants to can come to celebrate the unveiling of another monument to Confederate soldiers.”

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The ideas need to crushed, anything and everything showing white people in positions of power, "supremacy" or even in a positive light must be purged.
    Here and I thought they were trying to eliminate white guilt, white people are already killing themselves no need to destroy their history of dominance- wash it all so its just politically correctness- either that or its just sour grapes over the election. I could see the left blaming what they see as the symbol for the upset of their election.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12