Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TX-Shooter hijacks postal truck, kills five, injures over 20

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Sounds like dude decided on the spot to kill that first cop and then he said f- it my life is over, let’s go out with a bang.

That sounds about right

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Well that's good in the sense that it's more likely to be an isolated event.

I wonder if he was trying to hit the cops and the other people who got hit were collateral damage.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I wonder if he was trying to hit the cops and the other people who got hit were collateral damage.
    I always wonder how many were shot by Cops. Shooting at everything.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Although the establishment of post offices is constitutional, the founders lived in a world where mail was carried by ship, horse, or foot. They never foresaw automobiles much less automobiles of high-speed capacity. It's time for Congress to stop living in the dark ages and ban high-speed capacity postal vehicles now!
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Could be

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I always wonder how many were shot by Cops. Shooting at everything.
    This.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

It's all of your faults for not hiring this poor guy a prostitute without telling him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Seems to me we'll be getting more of these shootings as the election cycle continues.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Dead up to 7 or 8 now. He shot the postal worker in the hip, then shot her again and she died according to eyewitnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Although the establishment of post offices is constitutional, the founders lived in a world where mail was carried by ship, horse, or foot. They never foresaw automobiles much less automobiles of high-speed capacity. It's time for Congress to stop living in the dark ages and ban high-speed capacity postal vehicles now!
    Banning this high speed, carbon belching, automobiles of deaths would save lives. If it just save one, why not?

Grieving Brooklyn Family Rails at Postal Service ‘Killers’
    https://nyc.streetsblog.org/2019/05/...rvice-killers/

The Postal Service has not released any analysis of safety since an audit in 2012 found that none of the managers at 23 postal service regions “completed the required minimum [safety] observations” of drivers. Seven regions did not do any safety observations at all, though it is impossible to know which regions had the worst records because the audit is redacted.

In the two years prior, postal service drivers got into 40,000 motor vehicle crashes, averaging out to 9.2 accidents per million miles driven, the audit said.
    Stop this destruction. Audit the Postal Service safety records NOW!

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    That is crazy, in prison you are fed nutritious food, you get to work out everyday, hang out with the boys all the time and if you are lucky, you get married to some lady to has the boys for bad boys in prison with conjugal visits etc etc.
    Don't forget that your healthcare is single-payer!

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post

XNN
    Free sex change and transfer to the girls prison, the more I think about it, the more it makes me wanna be an outlaw to end up in prison. Imagine getting all those perks without having to go to work? Talk about heaven on earth.

In Nigerian prison they serve you something that looks like gruel, hard labor, the rooms are always over capacity, very little medical care and you would most likely come out with a case of TB. Now being sent there is a good reason to take your own live

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post

XNN
    20,000 vets put at risk because of government failure.

https://5newsonline.com/2018/06/18/r...edical-center/

According to Parks, a Veterans Health Care System of the Ozarks pathologist was found to be "impaired" on March 22, 2016. The pathologist was immediately removed from clinical care. The pathologist had no previous disciplinary actions and was "deemed an excellent candidate of the impaired physician program."

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

One "accidentally" shot vehicle.

https://time.com/5666436/odessa-shoo...tness-account/

Odessa grandmother Shauna Saxton says she narrowly escaped becoming a victim, and described a dramatic encounter with the suspected gunman, explaining how she locked eyes with him while driving.

“A gold car pulled up, and the man was there, and he had a very large gun, and it was pointing at me,” Saxton explained in an emotional interview with local station CBS7.

Saxton, as she explains, was driving north on Odessa’s Loop 338 with her husband and grandson Saturday afternoon when she heard a series of loud popping sounds and then saw the gunman drive up next to them.

“He was looking at me. I saw his face. I saw that weapon. The only thing I could think about was my little grandson in the back seat. I just thought ‘Oh my god, what if something happened to him?'”

Saxton says she drove aggressively, trying to get away as the gunman tailed her vehicle. Eventually, she was able to escape onto a side street, only to realize that others near the shooter’s car were still in danger.
    Though few details about the suspect have emerged, Saxton said the gunman’s expression left an impact on her.

“The look on his face was, he was not self possessed,” Saxton said. “It wasn’t a methodical thing. He was just randomly trying to kill whoever he could kill.”
    Haven't released his identity yet but they say the shooter has a criminal record.

Another eyewitness report:

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-01-2019 at 12:23 PM.

That is crazy, in prison you are fed nutritious food, you get to work out everyday, hang out with the boys all the time and if you are lucky, you get married to some lady who has the hots for bad boys in prison with conjugal visits etc etc.

That is definitely better than getting yourself killed.
    He had probably overheard some of my old stories or read some of my old short stories about African prison gruel and thought it would be the same as a Texas Midlands prison
    Do something Danke

In Nigerian prison they serve you something that looks like gruel, hard labor, the rooms are always over capacity, very little medical care and you would most likely come out with a case of TB. Now being sent there is a good reason to take your own live
    How long were you in for?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    One "accidentally" shot vehicle.

https://time.com/5666436/odessa-shoo...tness-account/

Haven't released his identity yet but they say the shooter has a criminal record.

Another eyewitness report:

i didnt say accidental, was just wondering if some were strays meant for law enforcement as he was being pursued. Im certainly not giving this cretin any sort of a pass just as I wont give a pass to the cretins jumping on any story out there in order to promote a political agenda.

i didnt say accidental, was just wondering if some were strays meant for law enforcement as he was being pursued. Im certainly not giving this cretin any sort of a pass just as I wont give a pass to the cretins jumping on any story out there in order to promote a political agenda.
    Based on the witness reports, he was taking aim at random cars- not police- pointing the gun directly at them from the window of his car. He did shoot an officer at the beginning when he was pulled over for making an illegal left turn- that triggered the event. He shot a postal worker and took his car and he did shoot with police at the end of his spree where he was killed.

Reportedly up to 13 different shooting locations.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-01-2019 at 02:06 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Name released. Currently searching home. Initially said they did not want to put out his name and give him notoriety. He did have prior "police contact" but not for anything significant. Criminal trespass at 18 and resisting arrest at or about the same time.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/ar...r-14406068.php

The gunman responsible for killing seven people and injuring 22 others – including three law enforcement officials -- is Seth Aaron Ator, 36, of Odessa, the city of Odessa’s spokeswoman said in an email.

Odessa Police Department Chief Michael Gerke said Ator fired at random, using an AR as he drove nearly 10 miles around Midland and Odessa. He was shot and killed by law enforcement at Cinergy theater in Odessa.

U.S. Rep. Tom Craddick told the Reporter-Telegram he had previously failed a background check.

Seth Ator has been identified as the accused gunman who was shot and killed by police after a rampage in Odessa and Midland, Texas, according to the Odessa Police Department. Police said the shooter was taken down by officers at the Cinergy movie complex in Odessa. The incident began around 3:15 p.m. local time on Saturday, August 31, as an attempted traffic stop along Interstate 20.

Police had originally been looking for two potential gunmen. But after Ator was shot, officials stated that there was no longer a threat of an active shooter. Investigators now say they are confident the gunman acted alone.

Seven victims were killed in Saturday’s rampage, according to federal officials. More than 20 others were injured, several critically. Three law enforcement officers who were injured, including the state trooper who was shot during the traffic stop, are expected to recover.

1. Records Show Seth Aaron Ator Was 36 Years Old

The Odessa Police Department has confirmed that the gunman in Saturday’s shooting was Seth Aaron Ator.

Ator was 36 years old. Police stated in the press conference earlier Sunday that the gunman had a home address in Ector County, and records confirmed that Ator lived in Odessa. KMID-TV reported that FBI investigators were seen executing a search warrant at Ator’s house Sunday afternoon.

Ator had a Toyota Tercel registered to his name.

2. Police: The Gunman, Now Identified as Seth Ator, Had a Prior Arrest History

Odessa Police were asked during Sunday’s press conference if the gunman had a prior arrest history. They answered at the time that the suspect had prior cases that had come up during a search of his driver’s license.

According to a statewide criminal history search on the Texas Department of Public Safety’s website, Seth Ator was charged with “Criminal Trespass” on August 3, 2001, in McLennan County, Texas. It was a Class B Misdemeanor.

He was then charged with a second offense for Evading Arrest. The record shows that Ator issued a guilty plea in February of 2002 and received a sentence of 24 months on probation. The site does not provide further details as to what prompted the arrest.

The case was listed as a “deferred adjudication.” In the state of Texas, it’s a type of probation in which the conviction is kept off the defendant’s criminal record.

3. The Shootings Began During a Traffic Stop; The Suspect Abandoned His First Vehicle & Stole a Mail Truck

Police say the shootings began during a traffic stop on Interstate 20 westbound near mile marker 131. According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, the driver was in a gold vehicle. The car was still moving when the gunman, now identified as Ator, “pointed a rifle toward the rear window of his car and fired several shots toward the DPS patrol unit.” Officials shared during a press conference Sunday afternoon that the weapon was an AR-style rifle.

One of the two troopers was shot and the suspect fled the scene. Police have confirmed that the driver was pulled over for a traffic violation, specifically for a “failure to signal.” Officials added that there was not an active warrant for the man at the time of the traffic stop.

Odessa Police said the gunman continued to fire from his moving vehicle at random people as he drove through Midland and Odessa. He shot a civilian at east Loop 338 and I-20, then headed through the city of Odessa and kept firing.

Odessa Police Chief Michael Gerke explained that the gunman abandoned his original vehicle and hijacked a United States Postal Service mail truck. The mail carrier who had been operating the truck was identified as Mary Granados. She was shot and killed.

The gunman then made his way toward a movie complex called Cinergy on Highway 191 in Odessa. Officers cornered him in the parking lot at the theater. A gun battle ensued and the suspect was shot and killed by officers at the scene. The video embedded above was recorded by a witness.
    More at link.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-01-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Three law enforcement officers who were injured, including the state trooper who was shot during the traffic stop, are expected to recover.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

“No active warrants” and this dude thought this was a better outcome than a failure to signal ticket. Smh

getting crazier every day.

Based on the witness reports, he was taking aim at random cars- not police- pointing the gun directly at them from the window of his car. He did shoot an officer at the beginning when he was pulled over for making an illegal left turn- that triggered the event. He shot a postal worker and took his car and he did shoot with police at the end of his spree where he was killed.

Reportedly up to 13 different shooting locations.
    The postal worker was actually a she not a he and yes he apparently was shooting at anyone and everyone. Any internet presence seems pretty much non existent or scrubbed.

“No active warrants” and this dude thought this was a better outcome than a failure to signal ticket. Smh

He may have been on probation. Sounds like he was pretty much set to go off.

He may have been on probation. Sounds like he was pretty much set to go off.
    From 18 years ago? For a misdemeanor trespass? (the only thing we know about so far- did see one report of a traffic violation in 2018)
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-01-2019 at 04:08 PM.

With all the rounds fired, he must have had quite a bit of ammo besides the gun in the car (described as an "AR-type)- maybe he was planning a mass shooting and got pulled over before he got to his real target.

NBC reported that Ator had been fires from his job the day of the attacks (some reports said "recently fired", some said "day of the attack"). Shooters often have an axe to grind with their target. (I have not found who the employer was or in what city but he may have been headed there).

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...child-n1048711

Three law enforcement sources familiar with the Midland-Odessa mass shooting investigation tell NBC News that the identity of the shooting suspect is Seth Ator, 36. Law enforcement sources also said the shooter had recently been fired from his job.

There is no known motive at this point in the investigation, officials said Sunday, but they added this did not seem to be an act of either domestic or international terror.
    https://heavy.com/news/2019/09/seth-ator/

As for Ator’s employment, there is one LinkedIn page with his name attached to it. The account states that this person worked as a truck driver based in Midland, Texas. But it’s possible the page may have been meant as a joke. The supposed company is listed as “At&terdsniffers.”
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-01-2019 at 04:03 PM.

From 18 years ago? For a misdemeanor trespass? (the only thing we know about so far- did see one report of a traffic violation in 2018)
    Probably not then. A neighbor of his said he was a meth head. Not that any of it matters.his actions can’t be undone.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12