Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [Edit: False] Video of US teens taunting Native American draws fire

I will like to point out that these kids are wise beyond their age, they kept their cool throughout the whole interaction. I am not sure how my 17- 18 yr old self will react about some old man beating a drum 2 cm away from my face for 5 mins.

If they are fortunate, time they will out grow the stupid MAGA hat too

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Killing eagles wasn't really a thing. The driving buffalo off cliffs? That was brilliant. Personally, I prefer horribly vicious killers. It's those painfully polite killer that chap my ass.
    bs on all accounts;
    -Killing Eagles 'was a thing'
    -Driving Buffalos off a cliff was brilliant if you like to
    see animals die a long, drawn out, painful death, for hours and days.
    -'Kinder gentler machine gun' right.........

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    bs on all accounts;
    -Killing Eagles 'was a thing'
    -Driving Buffalos off a cliff was brilliant if you like to
    see animals die a long, drawn out, painful death, for hours and days.
    -'Kinder gentler machine gun' right.........
    Lol. Carry on.

I wonder if @Zippyjuan has the decency to correct this disgusting fake story. The entire report is a lie.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    I wonder if @Zippyjuan has the decency to correct this disgusting fake story. The entire report is a lie.
    That also occurred to me, where'd he goooooo..........

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I will like to point out that these kids are wise beyond their age, they kept their cool throughout the whole interaction. I am not sure how my 17- 18 yr old self will react about some old man beating a drum 2 cm away from my face for 5 mins.

I wonder if Zip still has a Mondale hat ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Lol. Carry on.
    Comon' man, don't you wanta' start WWIII over this...
    I hear ya/
    :shrugs:

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I wonder if Zip still has a Mondale hat ?
    ''You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to oyarde again.''

Apparently a kid wearing a MAGA hat and smiling is the lefts newest nightmare.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I have a soft spot for the Natives as well. But they were savage if not ruthless as the whites that wiped them out. The Comanche especially come to mind. who gang-raped women when the opportunity presented itself.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @Zippyjuan you are responsible for death threats and violence against these children

I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

There are some Lefties really freaking out over this. In reality, this is one of the calmest protest/counter protest that I have seen. However, if I say this, some on the internet call me a Nazi. This country's level of outrage is at stupid levels.

Wink

Says the guy wearing the Che shirt.

Worth a read, @Zippyjuan

What makes a liberal want to punch a child?

The progressive media doesn’t care about what really happened when it has white boys in MAGA caps to hate

BuzzFeed had just two anonymous sources, purportedly in ‘law-enforcement,’ for its story, which a few brave souls found to be rather too little to justify the attendant hype. The contrarians appear to have been right, but what BuzzFeed misreported was so perfectly attuned to elite and progressive anti-Trump sensibilities that no hesitation was necessary before accepting the tale as true.
    Read the whole thing: https://spectator.us/liberal-punch-child/

But try to imagine for a minute that instead of black separatist leader ‘General Yahanna’ (for it seems to be he) asking teens, ‘You proud of sodomy? You look like a product of sodomy!’, someone in a MAGA hat saying that. Do you think it would get a little more coverage? Do you think Reza Aslan would start fantasizing about tossing punches? I can tell you for damn sure he’s not going to punch General Yahanna, and not just for reasons of political correctness. It’s a lot easier to bully high-school student than angry militants.

​Time will reveal what really happened between the Covington students and Phillips, though it may be too late to give them justice. If they’re guilty of what liberals assume, of taunting and provoking Phillips, then they deserve harsh punishment by their school. But with the climate of outrage that’s been created around these Catholic teenagers already, the school may not want to look too closely, lest it find itself forced to fight for the truth rather than submitting to the power of the righteous narrative — a costly battle, and the enforcers of correct opinion know it. They count on it. They don’t need all the facts when they already know the people they want to hate.
    https://spectator.us/liberal-punch-child/ - the whole thing, people!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post

Enough talk and threats.

Throw down, you miserable sacks of $#@!, quit your $#@! talking nonsense and lets light this $#@!ing candle, before I'm too old to take a bunch of you worthless pricks straight to hell with me.

Slippy Zippy, The Buzzfeed of RPF's.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Enough talk and threats.

Throw down, you miserable sacks of $#@!, quit your $#@! talking nonsense and lets light this $#@!ing candle, before I'm too old to take a bunch of you worthless pricks straight to hell with me.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I have a soft spot for the Natives as well. But they were savage if not ruthless as the whites that wiped them out. .
    Apparently Not.. or history would be written in Native American rather than English.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Indian closed on them that's what Indians do.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Says the guy wearing the Che shirt.
    Except that I have never worn a Che shirt in my life. My online persona has Che avatar and I can shed my online profile tomorrow and start afresh with the same characteristics minus the che avatar. On the other hand, that pic with those kids wearing a stupid MAGA head live forever on the internet.

That is the difference between what they are doing and what I am doing

https://spectator.us/liberal-punch-child/ - the whole thing, people!!!
    The whole thing, below:

What makes a liberal want to punch a child?

https://spectator.us/liberal-punch-child/

8:15 AM

If someone walks up to you and bangs a drum in your face, are you guilty of harassing the drummer? You might be if you’re white and wearing a MAGA hat. Just a day after rushing to judgment about a BuzzFeed story that claimed President Trump had instructed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress — a story Robert Mueller’s own office subsequently debunked, the blue-checkmark media elite had a new instant narrative to promote. It was a tale perfectly tailored to liberal biases: white Catholic teenagers in MAGA hats had harassed an old and frail Indian veteran during the March for Life, which was also the date of an Indigenous People’s March.

​BuzzFeed had just two anonymous sources, purportedly in ‘law-enforcement,’ for its story, which a few brave souls found to be rather too little to justify the attendant hype. The contrarians appear to have been right, but what BuzzFeed misreported was so perfectly attuned to elite and progressive anti-Trump sensibilities that no hesitation was necessary before accepting the tale as true.

No lessons were learned from the story’s collapse, either, to judge by the frenzy that next broke out from the same sort of people over the case of Covington Catholic High School and Native American activist Nathan Phillips. Once again, enlightened opinion did not wait on much evidence before reaching a verdict: a one-minute video clip of a teen in a red MAGA hat smirking right in front of Phillips while the elder beat a hand drum and sang was all the proof required. This was a hate-motivated outrage perpetrated by white Trump supporters. Case closed.

The narrative assumed that the Covington boys had surrounded Philips and stood right in his face, grinning in silent insult. When a second video seemed to show that it was in fact Phillips who had approached the teens, it received even less attention — much as those few voices of caution about BuzzFeed’s fable were ignored by the true believers. But there are more videos, including one that’s nine-minutes long and provides a great deal of interesting context.

The teen is not smirking in this clip, and Phillips has an entourage with cameras. One of the Native activists argues with a Covington teen, who argues back. This and other clips have shown the Indian activists racially taunting the teens, saying things like ‘go back to Europe.’ Phillips has claimed that the teens were chanting ‘build the wall!,’ but that isn’t in any of the videos that circulated Saturday. Based on what can actually be seen and heard, it’s looks as if Phillips and his crew sought out Catholic teenagers and tried to make them uncomfortable. And of course, they recorded it. (Notably, however, both the American Indian protesters and the Covington teens rein in the activist and teenager who get into a shouting match. An appropriate attempt at restraint was has been completely ignored.)

The videos appear to depict more than one engagement between the Indians and the Catholic teens, and without knowing which happened first, and what circumstances led to the first encounter, it’s hard to form any conclusions, if fairness is your objective. Maybe the teens chanted ‘Build the wall!’ or something else at the Indian activists, which prompted Phillips to approach them. But so far, there’s no evidence to support that scenario, only the words of Phillips and his associates. That hasn’t stopped blue-checkmark media figures like former CNN blatherskite Reza Aslan from not only branding the teens as racists but in Aslan’s case musing about inflicting violence on them:

​Rhetorical questions about punching kids? Imagine the response of Aslan’s professional friends if he’d asked that about, say, one of the high schoolers campaigning for gun control after the Parkland, Florida shootings. Or imagine Aslan saying that about any teenager who’s not wearing a MAGA hat. Nonviolence and protecting children don’t apply when you’re an enemy to the woke, enlightened left. And another double-standard bears mention, as well: watch the rest of the nine-minute video with the Covington teens after the encounter with the Indian activists. Also on the scene are a group of Black Hebrew Israelites, a crackpot sect that takes this occasion to spew gay-baiting rhetoric at the Covington teenagers. This part of the Covington’s teens’ experience in Washington, D.C. has somehow gone unmentioned in most media, and the social justice enforcers on Twitter have not paid any attention at all to the hate explicitly vented here — certainly nothing like the outrage lavished on the Phillips-Covington incident.

But try to imagine for a minute that instead of black separatist leader ‘General Yahanna’ (for it seems to be he) asking teens, ‘You proud of sodomy? You look like a product of sodomy!’, someone in a MAGA hat saying that. Do you think it would get a little more coverage? Do you think Reza Aslan would start fantasizing about tossing punches? I can tell you for damn sure he’s not going to punch General Yahanna, and not just for reasons of political correctness. It’s a lot easier to bully high-school student than angry militants.

​Time will reveal what really happened between the Covington students and Phillips, though it may be too late to give them justice. If they’re guilty of what liberals assume, of taunting and provoking Phillips, then they deserve harsh punishment by their school. But with the climate of outrage that’s been created around these Catholic teenagers already, the school may not want to look too closely, lest it find itself forced to fight for the truth rather than submitting to the power of the righteous narrative — a costly battle, and the enforcers of correct opinion know it. They count on it. They don’t need all the facts when they already know the people they want to hate.

To answer the [b]'s question:

By being a (I assume) Trump supporting young white man.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Apparently Not.. or history would be written in Native American rather than English.
    The vast majority of the Native population died from diseases that spread across the entire continent.. when westward expansion began, they had largely already been wiped out. No evidence they came from blankets, either.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    To answer the [b]'s question:

By being a (I assume) Trump supporting young white man.
    Fixed. (I would also strike "young", but "kid" was specified in the question, so ...)

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Fixed. (I would also strike "young", but "kid" was specified in the question, so ...)
    +rep

BuzzFeed had just two anonymous sources, purportedly in ‘law-enforcement,’ for its story, which a few brave souls found to be rather too little to justify the attendant hype. The contrarians appear to have been right, but what BuzzFeed misreported was so perfectly attuned to elite and progressive anti-Trump sensibilities that no hesitation was necessary before accepting the tale as true.
    Aaaaaannnnnnnnnnndd thisgoeshere ...

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Do you really believe that this "young white man" would have gotten the same reaction if he was wearing Bernie hat instead? There is something about Trump and his supporters that make certain people's blood boil.

Do you really believe that this "young white man" would have gotten the same reaction if he was wearing Bernie hat instead?
    Yes, I do. Especially since Bernie and his "Bros" are in the process of becoming personae non grata on the left ...

There is something about Trump and his supporters that make certain people's blood boil.
    You need to add the word "more" to the end of that sentence.

The mavens of perpetual, spluttering outrage braying about this incident don't need Trump or his supporters to get their blood boiling about it.

The Trump angle just lowers the boiling point ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-20-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast