Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs 2018

Toronto, leading in the third against Cleveland but not by much.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thought game 1 was gonna go to the Raptors.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Great buzzer beater by Lebron James to beat Raptors. Unless you're a Toronto fan, this one might make you laugh. Anyway, I always laugh because buzz beaters are so entertaining. Man, what a one-hand floater. AND, off the glass to boot!

Great Lebron James shot at "impossible angle":

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Chris Paul's going to his first conference finals.

Really close game.

BOS v. CLE

A game 7 in Boston could be interesting. Home teams win game 7 about 80% of the time.

Same with the western conference finals.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

BOS only won 1 away game throughout the Bucks and 76er's series (confetti game). BOS has won every home game so far. If they take it to seven and wind up home i'm putting my money on BOS. I have a good feeling about going into this series with the C's getting some rest.

Last edited by tommyrp12; 05-11-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Cavs in 5 or 6 and Golden State in 6 or 7.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kyle Korver could have been as good as Klay Thompson had he been drafted to a better team.

Think if the Celtics had Hayward .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Think if the Celtics had Hayward .
    Yes, they are missing their 2 best players.

Great 1st.

Celtics are putting a beat down on the Cavs.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Celtics are putting a beat down on the Cavs.
    I have no doubt they (CLE) will be ready game 2.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    Yes, they are missing their 2 best players.

Great 1st.
    Kyrie is their second best player in a vacuum, but in Boston's system, he might not even be their sixth best player. He's bad defensively, and his offense is isolation heavy.

Boston could have caused problems for GSW with a healthy Hayward, though. I'd go for the gold, and offer San Antonio Kyrie, Smart, and an army of picks for Kawhi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Not looking good for the Rockets. They needed to win that first game at home. Now the series will probably go to game 5.

Calvin Coolidge

The Kool-Aid is tasting pretty sweet over here. We'll see if game one was a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Kyrie is their second best player in a vacuum, but in Boston's system, he might not even be their sixth best player. He's bad defensively, and his offense is isolation heavy.

Boston could have caused problems for GSW with a healthy Hayward, though. I'd go for the gold, and offer San Antonio Kyrie, Smart, and an army of picks for Kawhi.

I don't think Kyrie is going anywhere if this is an indicator.

Last edited by tommyrp12; 05-15-2018 at 02:49 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It blows my mind that floor spacing was an issue in game one, and Lue starts Tristan Thompson in response.

LeBron is one of the three greatest players of all time and still remarkably close to his peak, so it anyone can make it work, it's him, but still.

As for trading Kyrie, I realize the chances of Boston trading him are close to zero. A lineup of Kawhi, Tatum, Hayward, Brown, and Horford would be horrifying for the league, though, and I would take even odds of them winning a title, regardless of LeBron's decision in the offseason.
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post

The funny thing is I had been hearing how great Boston was last year and I finally watched them play and I was not impressed at all. Isaiah Thomas (small, ball hog, bad defender), Kelly Olynyk (slow motion), Crowder etc. Then when I heard Kyrie got hurt I thought they must really suck now. So anyway now that I've been watching them I think they're really, really good. I think Danny Ainge kinda got lucky. Tatum, Brown and Rozier look like All Stars to me. I'd trade Kyrie and Hayward, keep what they have and draft another player.

Looks like Lebron may not be going to the finals this year. The last time we didn't see him in the NBA finals was the 2009-2010 season. Ever since that season, he's gone to the finals every year.

Calvin Coolidge

Did anyone hear Jeff Van Gundy say the Cavs eye roll each other more than a couple in a bad marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    The funny thing is I had been hearing how great Boston was last year and I finally watched them play and I was not impressed at all. Isaiah Thomas (small, ball hog, bad defender), Kelly Olynyk (slow motion), Crowder etc. Then when I heard Kyrie got hurt I thought they must really suck now. So anyway now that I've been watching them I think they're really, really good. I think Danny Ainge kinda got lucky. Tatum, Brown and Rozier look like All Stars to me. I'd trade Kyrie and Hayward, keep what they have and draft another player.
    Hayward has the size and athleticism to keep Boston's ability to switch 1-5 intact. Offensively, he's not ball-dominant and he's also a solid shooter. He fits perfectly into what they're doing. It's incredibly unlikely they'll trade Kyrie, but if they did go the Kawhi route, I can't imagine anyone beating them until or unless a major injury occurs. The youth and talent of their wings would cover for any age-related decline by Horford over the next 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Did anyone hear Jeff Van Gundy say the Cavs eye roll each other more than a couple in a bad marriage?
    I heard him say that a couple of times the other night. The Cavs don't seem like a tight knit team. They are always getting frustrated on missed passes. Houston is even worse in that respect. Houston may win but Harden is not a leader. He has the same personality as Russell Westbrook just always brooding on the bench. Horrible team players. Absolutely insane that Harden will be MVP. He isn't the most valuable person on their team.

It's almost like Lebron has his 2007 team back.

Whether Celtics or Cavs win the series it doesn't matter. Warriors are taking it again. Too good and too stacked. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone on that team ends up with 4-5 titles. Then again people said the said thing about the Heat and the Big 3 and they only ended up winning 2 titles all together.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 05-17-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Calvin Coolidge

If Houston wins this game, I think they win the series.

Calvin Coolidge

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are we on the cusp of seeing a Celtics Rockets finals?

Calvin Coolidge

Elimination game. I'm a little..... ok, a lot worried.

Well looks like the Cavs are going back to the finals just to get swept again.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Well looks like the Cavs are going back to the finals just to get swept again.
    In consecutive Finals appearances, LeBron James has:

2015: Become the first player in NBA history to lead both teams in points, rebounds, and assists. This is enough to get them to a 6th game.
    2016: Become the first player in NBA history to lead both teams in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. Also leads a comeback from down 3-1 to a team that won 73 games in the regular season
    2017: Become the first player in NBA history to average a triple double in the finals. His triple double comes with 33.6 PPG on 56.4% FG and 63% TS. This is enough to get the Cavs to a 5th game against the team that won 73 games in the previous season, then went on to sign one of the ten best players of all time.

The volume of statistical accomplishments LeBron has and continues to accumulate is absurd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast