Thread: "The World" killed Khashoggi

"The World" killed Khashoggi

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-o...muder-2018-11/

After speaking with troops, President Trump spent part of his Thanksgiving morning defending Saudi Arabia following the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Mr. Trump doubled down on his Tuesday statement that he sides with the Saudis, saying the Saudi crown prince and his father both "vehemently" deny a role in his death. The CIA, Mr. Trump said Thursday, never "concluded" that the Saudi royals were responsible in the death, although CBS News has confirmed that CIA intelligence points to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman ordering the murder. Mr. Trump has refused to listen to audio of the killing.

Asked who should be held responsible for Khashoggi's death, the president said Thursday, "Maybe the world should be held accountable because the world is a vicious place."

"So I hate the crime and I hate what is done and I hate the cover-up," Mr. Trump also said. "And I will tell you this, the crown prince hates it more than I do."

The president has long couched his defense of the Saudis in economic terms, saying the financial relationship between the two nations is indispensable.

"Do people really want me to give up hundreds of thousands of jobs – and frankly, if we went by this standard, we wouldn't have anybody as an ally," Mr. Trump said Thursday.

Earlier in the week, the president announced there would be no further punishment for the Saudis after Khashoggi's death, a statement that sent shockwaves across Washington and was described by critics as akin to propaganda for the Saudis.

"It could very well be that the crown prince had knowledge of this tragic event," the president said in the statement. "Maybe he did and maybe he didn't!" Mr. Trump said in his exclamation mark-laced written remarks.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you are going to complain about the Saudis complain about Yemen, it's disgusting to see the ballyhoo about a dirty spook like Khashoggi.

Noninterventionism dictates that we stop aiding the Saudis in Yemen and that we ignore the Khashoggi incident, he wasn't a citizen and it didn't happen on our soil or even in the Saudi embassy in our country.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Zippy, could he be right and various people from various parts of the world could be involved?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Congressman Joaquin Castro accuses Kushner of orchestrating killing of Khashoggi

Shock claim: Khashoggi ‘Killer’ Huddled With Team Trump on Toppling Iran

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Noninterventionism dictates that we stop aiding the Saudis in Yemen and that we ignore the Khashoggi incident, he wasn't a citizen and it didn't happen on our soil or even in the Saudi embassy in our country.
    That's a fallacious argument since it doesn't apply in this case; you can't ignore acts of those you are in bed with/heavily involved in below neck petting etc as bed partners usually catch the same fleas.

If you disagree, do you know history of MAGA 1.0 Reagan supplying weapons to Saudi-Israeli-Islamic militants alliance in Afghanistan and its connection to WTC1/2/7 , Iraqi freedom war , election of Barack Hussin Obama and US majority demographic's decline acclerating in past 3 deacdes?
    Do you know who was behind 9/11?

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    That's a fallacious argument since it doesn't apply in this case; you can't ignore acts of those you are in bed with/heavily involved in below neck petting etc as bed partners usually catch the same fleas.

If you disagree, do you know history of MAGA 1.0 Reagan supplying weapons to Saudi-Israeli-Islamic militants alliance in Afghanistan and its connection to WTC1/2/7 , Iraqi freedom war , election of Barack Hussin Obama and US majority demographic's decline acclerating in past 3 deacdes?
    Do you know who was behind 9/11?
    Originally Posted by Swordsmyth

We wouldn't be in bed with them if we stopped being involved in Yemen etc would we?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We wouldn't be in bed with them if we stopped being involved in Yemen etc would we?
    You don't really believe that, do you? We would still need to be married to them as long as we are financing occupation of Palestinains and giving free weapons to Israeli military to maintain deacdes old non-freedoming occupation courtesy of US taxpayers aid in billions every year and non-racist, non-anti-semitic, non-converting, none-race-is-more-chosen-than-others Christian Zionism movement is alive and kicking among supporters of lies based Iraq freedom war/many MAGA Firsters supporters among other things.

Yenen bloobath, starvation and suffering is horrific but it's is just one small piece of neocons' (MAGA funders?)/SaudiDictatorship-IsraeliDemocracy-ISIS terrorist type militants alliance against Iran.
    Yemen or any single piece in this theatre won't change bigger picture as long as MAGA keeps acting as puppet of his top "drop atom bomb on Iran extremist" funder. Stable genius ought to know that.

He ought to be heart broken over torturing/dismembering/bone-sawing (allegedly by Cadet Bone Saw) of an American Journalist and do something about it. Everyone knows he's a compassionate guy even if it means putting Syrian Childrens First.

You don't really believe that, do you? We would still need to be married to them as long as we are financing occupation of Palestinains and giving free weapons to Israeli military courtesy of US taxpayers aid in billions every year and non-racist, non-anti-semitic, non-converting, none-race-ismore-chosen-than-others Christian Zionism movement is alive any kicking among supporters of lies based Iraq freedom war/many MAGA Firsters supporters among other things.
    Why?
    Also, we should stop those other things as well.

Yenen bloobath, starvation and suffering is horrific but it's is just one small piece of neocons' (MAGA funders?)/SaudiDictatorship-IsraeliDemocracy-ISIS terrorist type militants alliance against Iran.
    Yemen or any single pace in this theatre won't change bigger picture as long as MAGA keeps acting as puppet of his top "drop atom bomb on Iran extremost" funder. Stable genius ought to know that.
    What does that have to do with what I said?
    I said what we SHOULD do.

Khashoggi was green scum and the only thing keeping me from thanking the Saudis for ending his miserable life is that they too are green scum.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Why?
    Also, we should stop those other things as well.

What does that have to do with what I said?
    I said what we SHOULD do.
    I was trying to present bigger picture with historic context and underlying causes etc, in few sentences albiet that may not have ben very clear.
    But it seemed that your above view was ignoring the big picture exhibition of neocons wars art gallery of interventions in mideast/world, MAGA's neocon/Israel lobbyist funders etc and suggesting that removing one Yemen painting from exhibit would be major step.

Khashoggi was green scum and the only thing keeping me from thanking the Saudis for ending his miserable life is that they too are green scum.
    EM.
    What does that exactly mean? Does that mean some sort of old moldy swampy creature that cannot change old habits or it means something else?

Do you trust the CIA any more than the other people involved in this?

“The ancient Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing.”
    ― Socrates

I have a very strong guess as to the multiple parties involved.

Can't help notice sharp contrast in your certitude about important issues like causes of Wars, 9/11, foreign lobbies role etc vs such clarity about this victim of mideastern torture/killing as a villan who "deserved it"? Or I'm misreading it.

Are you guessing victim of killing was "scum" or are you certain? How could you possibly know for sure if you don't trust CIA findings/media reporting?

Whole world is condemning this torture/killing with the exception of Israelis/Jarvanka team that is taking "maybe" line about guilt of their Saudi dictator ally. Do you believe Israeli/Israeli lobbies version is more credible than that of US agencies and rest of the world?

Trying to understand why you were so unsure about guilt of Israeli-allied Saudi dictator's guilt ("maybe he did, maybe he didn't) but sudenly so sure that victim was "scum" instead of arguing that "maybe he was scum, maybe he wasn't"?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was trying to present bigger picture with historic context and underlying causes etc, in few sentences albiet that may not have ben very clear.
    But it seemed that your above view was ignoring the big picture exhibition of neocons wars art gallery of interventions in mideast/world, MAGA's neocon/Israel lobbyist funders etc and suggesting that removing one Yemen painting from exhibit would be major step.
    Removing even one would be a major step but that is beside the point, I was saying that if you believe in noninterventionism you should complain about all of the things it prohibits instead of the thing it says we should ignore.

EM.
    What does that exactly mean? Does that mean some sort of old moldy swampy creature that cannot change old habits or it means something else?
    It means he was sufficiently and irredeemably evil enough to deserve to have his death be seen as a good thing and since he wasn't a citizen and it didn't happen in our territory we shouldn't complain about it.

Can't help notice sharp contrast in your certitude about important issues like causes of Wars, 9/11, foreign lobbies role etc vs such clarity about this victim of mideastern torture/killing as a villan who "deserved it"? Or I'm misreading it.

Are you guessing victim of killing was "scum" or are you certain? How could you possibly know for sure if you don't trust CIA findings/media reporting?

Whole world is condemning this torture/killing with the exception of Israelis/Jarvanka team that is taking "maybe" line about guilt of their Saudi dictator ally. Do you believe Israeli/Israeli lobbies version is more credible than that of US agencies and rest of the world?

Trying to understand why you were so unsure about guilt of Israeli-allied Saudi dictator's guilt ("maybe he did, maybe he didn't) but sudenly so sure that victim was "scum" instead of arguing that "maybe he was scum, maybe he wasn't"?
    He was a monster, his record is clear, Erdogan is a monster, MBS is a monster, the CIA is filled with monsters and so is the mossad, it is hard to find anyone involved who isn't a monster.

With all those monsters floating around, a complete lack of solid facts and a lack of clarity about who benefits from this and whether it went according to plan or not I don't know which monster killed him.

On the other hand it is rather clear that 9/11 went as planned and who benefited.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"So I hate the crime and I hate what is done and I hate the cover-up," Mr. Trump also said. "And I will tell you this, the crown prince hates it more than I do."
    Last edited by dannno; 11-22-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Banned

Blog Entries
    The media's constant love affair with poor Kashoggi tells me all i need to know.

I DON'T CARE. I DON'T GIVE A DAMN SOME ARAB DIED IN THE MIDDLE EAST.

I just watched a million die in stupid wars, built on drummed up lies by the media.

But now I am supposed to cry about this one?

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    The media's constant love affair with poor Kashoggi tells me all i need to know.

I DON'T CARE. I DON'T GIVE A DAMN SOME ARAB DIED IN THE MIDDLE EAST.

I just watched a million die in stupid wars, built on drummed up lies by the media.

But now I am supposed to cry about this one?
    Orange man bad.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Orange man bad.
    And WaPo holy.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment