Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Garden of Eden Bible Study

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I have studied under some fundamental scholars who have studied the Hebrew. I don’t have an opinion one way or another—just tossing the logic out there.
    It is the whole of the teaching. It is flawed from the start,, and then sets about to prove it.

Scripture always balances itself.

The only line the survives the flood is Seth..

of all the sons and daughters of Eve.

Noah and his Sons and their wives. 8 people. Period. it is clearly stated repeatedly.

Thus says the Word.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Okay, what Bible do you use?

Do you believe all the ethnic people came from two people?
    From one essentially.. From Noah. Noah's 3 sons had wives.

They had children and multiplied.

All of them,, in their tribes are named in all that genealogy.. (was the purpose of such)
    These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
    And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:

All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 01-22-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Yes, here is an excerpt from the Matthew Henry notes.

https://www.biblegateway.com/resourc...en.4.1-Gen.4.2

So what does it prove if they were twins?
    It doesn't necessarily prove anything, but it does puts a hole in the argument that Cain and Abel were not twins.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

It doesn't necessarily prove anything, but it does puts a hole in the argument that Cain and Abel were not twins.
    I'm still trying to figure out why we are even talking about the possibility of them being twins. What's the point? What does that have to do with the Serpent Seed belief?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    From one essentially.. From Noah. Noah's 3 sons had wives.

They had children and multiplied.

All of them,, in their tribes are named in all that genealogy.. (was the purpose of such)
    Pete that sounds a lot like the evolution argument that we came from Apes. How could all the ethnic groups come from Noah's family who were Adamic?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Okay, what Bible do you use?

Do you believe all the ethnic people came from two people?
    I like to look at many different versions to compare them. But the ones I use the most are the KJV, ESV and NASB.

I believe that all the races came from Noah's three sons. That is what the Bible says.

These three were the sons of Noah, and from these the whole earth was populated.
    Genesis 9:19

There can be a number of reasons why different skin colors and features came about. As far as I've seen, the Bible doesn't say much about that. But why so much focus on race anyway? Especially when God makes it clear that the physical is not what matters.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why we are even talking about the possibility of them being twins. What's the point? What does that have to do with the Serpent Seed belief?
    Because Satan is the father of Cain and Adam is the father of Abel--"superfecundation" is the word. It sounds strange but it happens, nonetheless.

Pete that sounds a lot like the evolution argument that we came from Apes. How could all the ethnic groups come from Noah's family who were Adamic?

https://answersingenesis.org/tower-o...id-god-create/

Beyond the message of Acceptable offering and Unacceptable offering.. and that Murder is wrong,, not much..

They have no other significance beyond their story.
    Abel died,, Cain died.. all their children died..

Read Dead Dead.. all of them..

so they have no further relevance beyond their lessons..
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Nothing like it.
    No apes..

How can they not be descendants of Noah when Scripture and History both say that they are.
    You have to ignore clear and plain statements in scripture. (please don't do that)

These are the three sons of Noah: and of them was the whole earth overspread.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 01-22-2018 at 06:34 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Nothing like it.
    No apes..

How can they not be descendants of Noah when Scripture and History both say that they are.
    You have to ignore clear and plain statements in scripture. (please don't do that)
    And where do you get the idea of "Ethnic Groups" ? And why are family lines even relevant?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

P How could all the ethnic groups come from Noah's family who were Adamic?
    What ethnic groups?

Shem- semetic-middle east Brown skin
    Ham - Egyptian african Dark skin
    Japheth- Northern Europe- light skin

and every variation in between.

To WHAT ethnic groups are you referring?

After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands,
    Last edited by pcosmar; 01-22-2018 at 06:26 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    I like to look at many different versions to compare them. But the ones I use the most are the KJV, ESV and NASB.

I believe that all the races came from Noah's three sons. That is what the Bible says.

These three were the sons of Noah, and from these the whole earth was populated.
    Genesis 9:19

There can be a number of reasons why different skin colors and features came about. As far as I've seen, the Bible doesn't say much about that. But why so much focus on race anyway? Especially when God makes it clear that the physical is not what matters.
    It matters only in the fact that we trace the bloodlines. Satan set out from the beginning to stop God's plan. That is all.

It was Noah and his family that would bring the Adamic seed line in which Christ would come from umbilical cord to umbilical cord.

What ethnic groups?

Shem- semetic-middle east Brown skin
    Ham - Egyptian african Dark skin
    Japheth- Northern Europe- light skin

and every variation in between.

To WHAT ethnic groups are you referring?
    So all three sons and their wives who were Adamic had children of color?

So all three sons and their wives who were Adamic had children of color?
    Yes.
    that is what the scripture says.

Why? is that a problem?
    Last edited by pcosmar; 01-22-2018 at 07:00 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

It matters only in the fact that we trace the bloodlines. Satan set out from the beginning to stop God's plan. That is all.

It was Noah and his family that would bring the Adamic seed line in which Christ would come from umbilical cord to umbilical cord.
    I agree that Satan set out from the beginning to stop God's plan. But not through having sex with Eve and fathering Cain, which directly and clearly contradicts a number of scriptures, starting with Genesis 4:1

Adam had relations with his wife Eve, and she conceived, gave birth to Cain and said, “I have gotten a man with the help of the Lord.”

I do agree with the angelic interpretation of Genesis 6:4, and in my view that is the way that Satan tried to corrupt mankind. Unlike the serpent seed theory, the angelic interpretation of Genesis 6:4 has a lot of strong, compelling evidence to back it up. I want to say more but I actually have to go right now to do something… But I'll try to come back later.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

The song of Solomon

The song of songs, which is Solomon's.

Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.

Because of the savour of thy good ointments thy name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the virgins love thee.

Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.

I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.

Tell me, O thou whom my soul loveth, where thou feedest, where thou makest thy flock to rest at noon: for why should I be as one that turneth aside by the flocks of thy companions?
    A love song/story.
    Most see it as the Bride of Christ.. the love story of the Church.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Because Satan is the father of Cain and Adam is the father of Abel--"superfecundation" is the word. It sounds strange but it happens, nonetheless.
    And still totally irrelevant..as they are DEADand any descendants are DEAD.

And Adam's son Seth lived and had children..

Adam>Seth> Noah>

Cain seed is dead.. Not to ever trouble the earth again.
    This is a non issue.

Read Acts 8:26-40
    That is the start of the Ethiopian Church.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 01-22-2018 at 07:17 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Yes.
    that is what the scripture says.
    Not to me.

I agree that Satan set out from the beginning to stop God's plan. But not through having sex with Eve and fathering Cain, which directly and clearly contradicts a number of scriptures, starting with Genesis 4:1

Adam had relations with his wife Eve, and she conceived, gave birth to Cain and said, “I have gotten a man with the help of the Lord.”
    That was Eve talking not God. And God said:

Genesis 3:15
    “And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.”

This was the first prophecy. Christ would be nailed to the cross and when Christ returns he will bruise Satan's head.

I do agree with the angelic interpretation of Genesis 6:4, and in my view that is the way that Satan tried to corrupt mankind. Unlike the serpent seed theory, the angelic interpretation of Genesis 6:4 has a lot of strong, compelling evidence to back it up. I want to say more but I actually have to go right now to do something… But I'll try to come back later.
    That's okay we can pick this up later.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The song of Solomon

A love song/story.
    Most see it as the Bride of Christ.. the love story of the Church.
    We are all the Bride of Christ.

Revelation 19:7 - 19:9
    7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
    8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
    9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed [are] they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

That was Eve talking not God. And God said:
    Which part are you talking about? Obviously it's Eve talking in the quoted part: “I have gotten a man with the help of the Lord.”

Where did I claim otherwise?

― Henry David Thoreau

Which part are you talking about? Obviously it's Eve talking in the quoted part: “I have gotten a man with the help of the Lord.”

Where did I claim otherwise?
    And then what did God say?

13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
    Beguiled means wholly seduced.

Reference:
    http://biblehub.com/greek/1818.htm

To eat of the Fruit. She was deceived.

Another place it says that Eve was deceived,, but Adam was not.. And through Adam sin entered the world.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

]
    Will you listen? seriously?

You asked that question,, and then you post something unrelated that happened long before.. In the Garden.

Like it was an answer.
    The children came after the fall of man.. after the garden..

Adam and Eve had many children sons and daughters and they filled the earth.. and they were ALL WIPED OUT except for Noah.

So what does any of this have to do with "ethnicity"???

Still failing to see any connection to Ham, and Cain..
    or how anything from Cain survived the Flood.

And I have not looked yet,,but I think the Kenites are Semitic.
    so how that would fit this twisted mess I'm not sure.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 01-22-2018 at 09:33 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Reference:
    http://biblehub.com/greek/1818.htm
    Hold on, we are not done with the verse yet. So before going to that other verse (which is in a different chapter) let us go back to the verse and look at the pertinent part.

Adam had relations with his wife Eve, and she conceived, gave birth to Cain

^ This is coming from the writer of Genesis. The following part of the verse (which I didn't post above) was a quote from Eve, but the first part is a very clear statement by the writer of Genesis, who was inspired by God.

Are you saying that you disbelieve those plain words?

The fact that the passage you are posting from chapter 3 (the punishment) comes before the verse that says she had sex with Adam does not help your case… In fact it does just the opposite. Also, there is so much wrong with that I don't even know where to begin.

A plain reading of Genesis completely contradicts the serpent seed theory. It doesn't say that Satan had sex with Eve, you are adding that to the text. It says she ate the fruit that God told her not to eat. But for the sake of argument, let's assume that this "fruit" actually means sex with the serpent. It also says she gave it to Adam and he ate it too.... So by the serpent seed logic, that means Adam and Eve had a threesome with the serpent? Do you see how problematic and ridiculous it gets? And that's just off the top of my head, I haven't even looked into what commentators say about this topic.

Sorry for the late reply, I was getting a homemade haircut.

― Henry David Thoreau

To eat of the Fruit. She was deceived.

Another place it says that Eve was deceived,, but Adam was not.. And through Adam sin entered the world.
    You got all that from eating fruit, huh? What fruit do you suppose they ate?

Genesis 3:6-7
    6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

Do you know who the Tree of Life is?

Genesis 3:22
    22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

You got all that from eating fruit, huh? What fruit do you suppose they ate?
    I read it as it is written,, without adding to it and turning it around..

What do I suppose,,?
    I don't have to suppose,, I read the book.
    . In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
    “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hold on, we are not done with the verse yet. So before going to that other verse (which is in a different chapter) let us go back to the verse and look at the pertinent part.

Adam had relations with his wife Eve, and she conceived, gave birth to Cain

^ This is coming from the writer of Genesis. The following part of the verse (which I didn't post above) was a quote from Eve, but the first part is a very clear statement by the writer of Genesis, who was inspired by God.

Are you saying that you disbelieve those plain words?
    I have already posted this but I will do it again:

Genesis 4:1
    1 “And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

“Knew” is yet another euphemism. Adam and Eve had sexual intercourse, the subject is she conceived. Eve had stated she received a child from the Lord, those where her words, God did not say that.

Genesis 4:2
    2 “And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.”

“Again” is Strong’s word 3254 and it means to “continue.” She continued in labor, and gave birth to Abel. Cain, Satan’s son and Abel, Adam’s son were fraternal twins, they were brought forth from the same labor. We will document that further from God’s Word. Check with your medical doctor, fraternal twins can come from two different fathers in one pregnancy, this is called “superfecundation“.
    http://worldeventsandthebible.com/20...of-satans.html

The fact that the passage you are posting from chapter 3 (the punishment) comes before the verse that says she had sex with Adam does not help your case… In fact it does just the opposite. Also, there is so much wrong with that I don't even know where to begin.

A plain reading of Genesis completely contradicts the serpent seed theory. It doesn't say that Satan had sex with Eve, you are adding that to the text. It says she ate the fruit that God told her not to eat. But for the sake of argument, let's assume that this "fruit" actually means sex with the serpent. It also says she gave it to Adam and he ate it too.... So by the serpent seed logic, that means Adam and Eve had a threesome with the serpent? Do you see how problematic and ridiculous it gets? And that's just off the top of my head, I haven't even looked into what commentators say about this topic.

Sorry for the late reply, I was getting a homemade haircut.
    It also brings it up in again in 2 Corinthians 11:3

2 Corinthians 11:3
    3 “But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.”

We previously documented the serpent is Satan, but let us do it once more. The word “serpent” is Strong’s word 3789 in the Greek and it means “especially Satan.” The word “beguiled” is Strong’s word 1818 in the Greek and it means “to seduce wholly” when you wholly seduce a woman it means you had sex with her. The serpent, Satan wholly seduced Eve thereby removing her virginity and impregnating her. This is the point Paul is convening to us.

Our third witness is Jesus Christ who also taught Satan brought children into the world. We can document that in Matthew 13 with the parable, tares of the field. Christ gave the parable to the multitude, but He explained the literal meaning of it privately to the disciples as it is not for everyone to understand the whole truth of God’s Word.

Before we dig into this parable we must make note of the word “seed” in this 13th chapter of Matthew. In the verses preceding 24 the word “seed” is “speirō“, 4687 in your Strong’s Concordance and it means,

Probably strengthened from G4685 (through the idea of extending); to scatter, that is, sow (literally or figuratively): – sow (-er), receive seed.
    In those verses we can document the word “seed” is referencing seed for growing food. However, the word “seed” as spoken by Christ concerning the tares in verses 24, 27, 37 and 38 is “sperma“, 4690 in the Strong’s and it means,

From G4687; somethng sown, that is, seed (including the male “sperm”); by implication offspring; specifically a remnant (figuratively as if kept over for planting): – issue, seed.
    “Male sperm, offspring!” This is why it is very important to use the Strong’s Concordance with your studies. We are not talking about vegetable seeds, sperm does not equate to vegetables and vegetables do not have offspring. We are talking about the very seed of man, sperm, not vegetable seeds friends. What is man’s sperm used for, what does it do, think about this for a moment.

A mans sperm plus a woman’s egg gives you a child in the flesh. This is extremely important, these are not my words but the Words of Jesus Christ. Can you hear the Words of Christ, can you understand His speech?

With that said, let us listen to the parable that Christ spoke before the multitude.

Matthew 13:24
    24 “Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:”

“Seed,” here is male sperm not vegetable seed. Do you have ears to hear?

Matthew 13:25-29
    25 “But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.“

We cannot gather up the tares as Christ said, or the good wheat will be pulled up with the tares, meaning innocent people could die. Tares look nearly identical to wheat as they grow in the field. The tares are only discernibly different when they put forth their fruit which is a vile poisonous seed. Just as Cain and Abel, they were both flesh and blood men, but when they brought forth fruit we could see Cain’s fruits were vile while Abel’s were righteous. Do you have eyes to see?

Matthew 13:30
    30 “Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.”

What we just read was the parable as spoken before the multitude.

Matthew 13:34-35
    34 “All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:

35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.“

As we have documented, Christ spoke in parables because it is not meant for everyone to understand the whole truth of God’s Word. This is the other half of the Key of David and God’s Elect will understand. Christ thought this subject was so important, He is going to give the literal meaning of this parable to those who have eyes to see and ears to hear. Pray once again asking God for wisdom and understanding.

Matthew 13:36
    36 “Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.“

Listen, Christ is about to give us the literal meaning of the parable.

Matthew 13:37-42
    37 “He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.”

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.”

Those are the very Words of Jesus Christ. Remember, the word “seed” in these verses is “sperma,” we are talking about male sperm. Christ just explained to us Satan’s “seed“, his sperm brought forth children who live among the children of God in the world today. Because of their evil fruit, their works, they shall be gathered by the angels of Christ and cast into the lake of fire at the end of this earth age. It does not get any more plain than that.

Do you know them? Do you know who the children of Satan are?

Matthew 13:42
    43 “Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.”

The righteous children of God shine forth as we are the children of light. We ensure our lamps have oil allowing them to burn continually, providing the very light which dispels the darkness that has covered this “mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints,” (Colossians 1:26).
    http://worldeventsandthebible.com/20...of-satans.html

I read it as it is written,, without adding to it and turning it around..

What do I suppose,,?
    I don't have to suppose,, I read the book.
    It also states you know them by their fruit...is that literal fruit or figuratively?

Matthew 7:16-20 (KJV)

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Okay, The tree of Life. Is that a literal tree or is it symbolic of Christ?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast