Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mattis out!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Lots, huh? So Trump doesn't actually want a wall?

How about you analyze the last military appropriations bill and tell me how much money is allocated with vague enough language that it could be used for the wall and how much isn't?

I will leave it to Trump and his team to make their case.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 12-23-2018 at 01:26 AM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

How about you analyze the last military appropriations bill and tell me how much money is allocated with vague enough language that it could be use d for the wall and how much isn't?

I will leave it to Trump and his team to make their case.
    how much was it the pentagon couldn't account for after the recent audit?

Who decides how the military budget gets spent?
    I see I have some new fans. Nice sig.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    how much was it the pentagon couldn't account for after the recent audit?
    More than enough for the wall, almost enough to pay off the national debt.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More than enough for the wall, almost enough to pay off the national debt.
    Sounds like finding $5billion in unallocated funds from their budget shouldn't be too much of an issue then.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I see I have some new fans. Nice sig.
    You're about six months late.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

You're about six months late.
    Wrong.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Good riddance to a neocon Establishment cuck.
    “When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!”
    ― Andrew Jackson

Germany's Defense Minister Ursula Von der Leyen on Friday called for clarity from the United States after the abrupt resignation of U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis."Because the United States has such a prominent role and responsibility in the global security architecture, it is important for everyone to quickly get clarity about succession and the future course," the minister said in a statement.

https://news.yahoo.com/germany-calls...112918698.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Germany's Defense Minister Ursula Von der Leyen on Friday called for clarity from the United States after the abrupt resignation of U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis."Because the United States has such a prominent role and responsibility in the global security architecture, it is important for everyone to quickly get clarity about succession and the future course," the minister said in a statement.

https://news.yahoo.com/germany-calls...112918698.html
    Leave "Defense Minister Ursula" twisting in the wind.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Leave "Defense Minister Ursula" twisting in the wind.
    Or blow her mind with an outspoken critic of NATO.

Pat Buchanan for Secretary of Defense.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Turkey will now be free to go after the Kurds. That could expand war and chaos in the region and lead to more refugees fleeing it.
    As usual, that's not how that works.

LOL. The heads of RPF's progressive Obama and Hillary voters are exploding! Tell me how it's going over with your Democratic Underground friends and report back!

...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    LOL. The heads of RPF's progressive Obama and Hillary voters are exploding! Tell me how it's going over with your Democratic Underground friends and report back!

They are not responding. These freedom warriors are at the airport, on their way to personally spread freedom in Syria through the barrel of a rifle.

In one telling detail, it appears Mattis’ resignation letter had already been written when he went to the White House at around 3 p.m. on Thursday with the notice in hand. Fifty copies of his resignation letter already had been printed and were in a folder in his office to be distributed upon his return.

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/beh...r-protest-exit

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Now he will be leaving Jan 1st.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

As if President Trump's stream of tweets defending his decision to pull US troops from Syria - and his lashing out at the apoplexy of th US military establishment - didn't clearly communicate Trump's anger over the resignation of Defense Jim "Mad Dog" Mattis (who said in his resignation letter that the Syria decision was the last straw), President Trump tweeted Sunday that he had appointed Patrick Shanahan, Mattis's deputy and a former Boeing exec, to serve as the acting Secretary of Defense, effectively confirming reports that he was pushing to terminate Mattis immediately, ahead of the Feb. 28 departure date that Mattis had set out in his letter.
    I am pleased to announce that our very talented Deputy Secretary of Defense, Patrick Shanahan, will assume the title of Acting Secretary of Defense starting January 1, 2019. Patrick has a long list of accomplishments while serving as Deputy, & previously Boeing. He will be great!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 23, 2018

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-acting-secdef

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Summary: withdrawing 2,000 troops is a threat to 'democracy'. So says the Left/NeoCons.
    Yep. Because they are the threat to us, but we are never a threat to them!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

Now he will be leaving Jan 1st.
    Former defense contractor head of Boeing is taking over (temporarily at least). More swamp critters.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46668260

Patrick Shanahan: Trump names acting defence secretary

US President Donald Trump has forced Defence Secretary James Mattis to leave his post early, appointing an acting successor to take over in the new year.

Gen Mattis, 68, strongly hinted at policy differences with Mr Trump when he resigned on Friday.

He offered to stay in the job until February but will now leave on 1 January after Mr Trump reportedly balked at media coverage of his exit.

Deputy Defence Secretary Patrick Shanahan, 56, will take over the role.

Mr Trump has lauded his achievements and described him as "very talented".

Mr Shanahan, a former executive at the aerospace giant Boeing, joined the Pentagon in July 2017 after Mr Trump nominated him.

He was reportedly a vocal supporter of the president's plan to establish a sixth branch of the armed forces, known as the "space force".

Originally from Washington state, Mr Shanahan studied mechanical engineering and business at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and joined Boeing as an engineer in 1986.

Donald Trump had initially framed James Mattis's departure as a "retirement" but his resignation letter - full of implied criticism of the president's foreign policy - showed that was not the case.

The president seldom handles rebukes kindly, so it became increasingly unlikely amid the growing furore that the former general would not be allowed his requested two-month departure timeframe.

On Sunday morning, the hammer came down - as is the new norm - via a presidential tweet.

Mr Mattis's replacement, Deputy Secretary Patrick Shanahan, spent most of his career working for Boeing.

Having a former executive of a major defence contractor running the Pentagon, even on a temporary basis, is unusual, to say the least. It's a job usually held by politicians with military oversight experience.

Meanwhile, the president appears to be trying to douse the fire that started this personnel crisis. He also tweeted on Sunday that the US withdrawal from Syria - abruptly announced last week - would be "slow and highly coordinated".

Given the Mattis news, that may not be enough to calm the nerves of allies and assuage the anger of US foreign policy hands. It is, however, a start.

Former defense contractor head of Boeing is taking over (temporarily at least). More swamp critters.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46668260
    As if President Trump's stream of tweets defending his decision to pull US troops from Syria - and his lashing out at the apoplexy of th US military establishment - didn't clearly communicate Trump's anger over the resignation of Defense Jim "Mad Dog" Mattis (who said in his resignation letter that the Syria decision was the last straw), President Trump tweeted Sunday that he had appointed Patrick Shanahan, Mattis's deputy and a former Boeing exec, to serve as the acting Secretary of Defense, effectively confirming reports that he was pushing to terminate Mattis immediately, ahead of the Feb. 28 departure date that Mattis had set out in his letter.
    I am pleased to announce that our very talented Deputy Secretary of Defense, Patrick Shanahan, will assume the title of Acting Secretary of Defense starting January 1, 2019. Patrick has a long list of accomplishments while serving as Deputy, & previously Boeing. He will be great!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 23, 2018

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-acting-secdef
    It's not exactly shocking that the #2 man is asked to take over while a replacement is found after the #1 man is booted out ahead of schedule.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Glad to see that, outside of Zippy, the general consensus is still anti-war/bring the troops home at RPF

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

In high school, me and a buddy were enjoying some Mad Dog 2020 while playing Super Nintendo after my mom went to bed. My mom came out and told us to take whatever it was that we were drinking outside because it smelled so bad she couldn't sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Glad to see that, outside of Zippy, the general consensus is still anti-war/bring the troops home at RPF
    Back in the day, that was one of the main reasons I voted for Ron Paul. I haven't forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Back in the day, that was one of the main reasons I voted for Ron Paul. I haven't forgotten.
    There is room for people to have different opinions on many subjects but ending the wars and minding our own business is THE foundation of Dr. Ron's movement.
    If you don't believe in it you don't belong here.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Eight Things About Jim Mattis that Contributed to his Firing.

https://mailchi.mp/dvorak/hilarious-...lained-na-news

Jim Mattis was a bad fit for the Trump administration for numerous reasons, primarily compatibility. Trump indicated that Mattis was first fired by Obama and hints that he was doing Mattis a favor by letting him run the Pentagon. There was some suspicion regarding his recent resignation as old-timers said there was no way he’d ever quit.

Now, it seems that he was told by Pompeo that Trump was about to fire him, thus the resignation.

The resignation note was cited by many in the military as rude and unbecoming a Marine because of it’s lack of charm and tact. Let’s face it, like Kelly, Mattis did not like the President.

Mattis said he wanted to stay through February, but Trump wasn’t taking any chances with him after that resignation note and got him out immediately fearing he’d poison the well or who knows what. A smart move commonly seen in business.

Let’s go over a few of the reasons that Mattis had to go and ask ourselves why none of this is considered by the MSM pundits.

1. Auditing the Pentagon. Mattis was the boss of it all and failed to implement a working audit strategy and the entire audit failed and there is no indication this will ever get done. The Pentagon spending is out of control and ripping off the American public. Trump has put Boeing executive and MBA Patrick M. Shanahan in his place. There is little discussion of this in the media, but his background might make a much-needed Pentagon audit a possibility.
    2. Mark Milley. Jim Mattis did not want Army Chief of Staff General Mark Milley to become the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Milley is an incredible pragmatist and one of the smartest and best educated Generals with degrees from Princeton and Columbia. He seems like someone who can be trusted. Mattis wanted Air Force Chief of Staff General David Goldfein as chairman. Compare the two bios of these men and Goldfein is decidedly less of a military executive/big thinker and more of a guy in the field taking orders. There is no comparison.
    3. War in Syria. Trump never liked this war or the war in Afghanistan and got votes because of it as he promised to end these wars. “why are we there?” Obama made similar promises about these endless wars but was talked out of any changes in direction by military authorities. The war hawks, in both parties, thus sided with Mattis who was irked that Trump ordered the 2000 troops out of Syria after making a deal with Turkey for them to do the clean up work. Mattis was now working against the President in a big way. The media emphasizes this saying Mattis tried to talk him out of leaving Syria and when the President did not agree, then Mattis quit in protest. It’s ridiculous.
    4. Theranos. Let’s not forget that Mattis did all he could to get himself placed on the board of directors of what appears to be one of the biggest scams and fiascos in the history of Silicon Valley. There was also a conflict of interest as the military was considering using the dubious technology in the field. It’s believed that old-bachelor Mattis, like all the middle-aged males involved in the company, was sweet-talked into stupidity by eye-batting bleached-blonde Elizabeth Holmes who was said to have a sexy and hypnotic influence over older males. This incredibly bad judgement alone should have prevented Mattis from ever getting any position of authority let alone the Secretary of Defense job.
    5. Global Warming. Mattis is all-in for the most egregious beliefs regarding global warming and what to do about it. In his mind, it has something to do with future warfare. This is in stark contrast to the President and others.
    6. Space Force. Mattis is against the whole idea.
    7. Mattis in Afghanistan. His piss-poor work in Afghanistan including abandoning troops struck by our own friendly-fire – a B52 bombing, -- was well documented by those who opposed his Secretary of Defense nomination. This was also highlighted by others in command who felt he was too mission-oriented and never concerned himself with any troops not commanded by him.
    8. His own words. Mattis is known for making a lot of psycho comments such as “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” His public comment that “it’s fun to shoot people” stands out. Another good one links to his relation to Trump and how Trump might see Mattis: “Treachery has existed as long as there’s been warfare, and there’s always been a few people that you couldn’t trust.” The last one is not psycho, just true.

--jcd

Good, now let's see who he replaces him with.
    You seem to applaud everytime a Trump pick exits. Curious, is there anyone Trump has picked for his cabinet you actually like and won't celeberate their departure?

Do you think Bolton, Giuliani, Kushner, Ivanka, Mnuchin are smart choices as advisors?

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    You seem to applaud everytime a Trump ick exits. Curious, is there anyone Trump has picked for his cabinet you actually like and won't celeberate their departure?
    Mulvaney is reasonably good, Bannon was more good than bad, the current and former EPA picks weren't too bad, there are others but I don't keep track of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Do you think Bolton, Giuliani, Kushner, Ivanka, Mnuchin are smart choices as advisors?
    No.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Don't read the replies, your head may explode.
    Wow, just absolutely bonkers... I read some of the replies and I seriously am questioning what planet am I on.

Trump could unify Korea and still the left would not be happy. I did not vote him in 2016, but if he keeps this up (ending wars, bringing troops home) , I just might in 2020.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Wonder who is going to replace him?
    Anybody's guess... likely another neocon.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Down with Zippy! Long Live Ron Paul

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast