Thread: Dog parks are microcosms where hegemonic masculinist norms govern qu eering behavior

Exclamation Dog parks are microcosms where hegemonic masculinist norms govern qu eering behavior

Tough to wade through the academic and weirdosexual bull$#@!, but the short version is:

Broad writes paper claiming that not enough dogs are fa ggots, that this is somehow white men's faults, but she turns out to be a literal fraud.

Publisher questions credibility of 'dog rape culture' author

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11199

Toni Airaksinen

on Aug 07, 2018 at 2:58 PM EDT

The publishers and editors of the viral academic article on “rape culture” in Portland dog parks now say they have concerns about the author's credibility following a Campus Reform investigation.

Helen Wilson had claimed to hold a PhD in Feminist Studies and work with an organization called the Portland Ungendering Research Initiative, but both credentials appear to have been fabricated.

The editors now say they suspect that Wilson may have violated their Publishing Agreement clause because she has not responded to their request that she verify her identity.

The publishers and editors of the viral academic article on “rape culture” in Portland dog parks admitted Monday that the author may have breached the publishing agreement by misleading them about her credentials.

Helen Wilson submitted her study—“Human Reactions to rape culture and qu eer performativity at Urban dog parks in Portland, Oregon”—to Gender, Place, and Culture: A Journal of Feminist Geography in 2017, claiming to editors that she held a doctorate in Feminist Studies.

"To date, [Helen Wilson] has not responded to our request to provide appropriate documentation confirming their identity."

However, a Campus Reform investigation conducted after the article was published on May 22 revealed that no Feminist Studies PhD program in the United States has any record of Helen Wilson.

Wilson also claimed to be the lead researcher at the Portland Ungendering Research (PUR) Initiative, but upon further inspection, it appears that the website for the initiative was only published four days after Wilson submitted her article. Since then, it has only ever existed with a disclaimer that it was being “taken down,” and is now completely defunct.

When reached by email, Wilson claimed she does indeed exist, but declined to verify if she actually conducted the research she claimed, or whether she actually has a PhD in Feminist Studies.

The editors of the journal initially said authors are expected to abide by an honor code, but two weeks after Campus Reform published its investigation, the editors and publishers of the journal published an “Expression of Concern” regarding the veracity of the article.

“We, the Editors and Publishers…are issuing an expression of concern for [Wilson’s] article,” the statement begins, explaining that “This is due to a suspected breach of the following Publishing Agreement clause, signed by the author during the publication process.”

“You warrant that: All persons who have a reasonable claim to authorship are named in the article as co-authors including yourself, and you have not fabricated or misappropriated anyone's identity, including your own,” notes the statement Wilson affirmed.

“To date, [Helen Wilson] has not responded to our request to provide appropriate documentation confirming their identity,” the editors’ statement concludes. “This Expression of Concern will remain in place until this documentation has been received and checked.”

The journal’s editors have likewise had difficulty confirming Wilson’s identity and research. For example, lead editor Pamela Moss would not tell Campus Reform whether she had ever reviewed any of Wilson’s field notes. And previously, journal editors suggested that authors are expected to abide by an implicit honor code.

The editors would not say whether they would consider retracting the article in light of the author’s unsubstantiated identity and research.

For her part, Wilson—whose email address returns an auto-reply indicating that she is not responding to messages “due to intense harassment”—would only tell Campus Reform that “I don't want anyone to know who I am.”

In her article, Wilson claims she spent nearly 1,000 hours of “public observations of dogs and their human companions” at three dog parks around Portland, claiming that during her sojourns, there was “one dog rape/humping incident every 60 minutes.”

“Dog parks are microcosms where hegemonic masculinist norms governing qu eering behaviour and compulsory heterosexuality can be observed in a cross-species environment,” Wilson concludes.

Due to this, Wilson worries that dog parks remain “oppressive spaces that lock both humans and animals into hegemonic patterns of gender conformity” and that they “magnify toxic themes…intrinsic to the gender binary.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

“oppressive spaces that lock both humans and animals into hegemonic patterns of gender conformity” and that they “magnify toxic themes…intrinsic to the gender binary.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

“Dog parks are microcosms where hegemonic masculinist norms governing qu eering behaviour and compulsory heterosexuality can be observed in a cross-species environment,” Wilson concludes.

Due to this, Wilson worries that dog parks remain “oppressive spaces that lock both humans and animals into hegemonic patterns of gender conformity” and that they “magnify toxic themes…intrinsic to the gender binary.”
    Calvin had it figured out 30 years ago...

Guess it's gotta be deliberately convoluted or people would understand it and see that it's not really something that needs studying.

If you can't dazzle people with brilliance, baffle them with bull$#@!. In some circles that works pretty well. Seems even more so in academia.

Makes me wonder if it's something invented by those who would prosper from increased tuition payments.

I'm a little behind in the DSMVIII.

What is qu eering behavior?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mods, please delete this thread and AF's posting privileges.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    #Woofwoof

In all seriousness, what a $#@!ing weirdo. If not trolling.
    I think it's a troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I think it's a troll.
    That it is even a question showcases how ridiculous modern America has become.

And then it gets into the point of, who proofread and published it? Apples to dollars-- a $#@!ing weirdo.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Mods, please delete this thread and AF's posting privileges.
    @Danke

I think it's a troll.
    Could be...but it doesn't matter...there are plenty of "real" people that think like this.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Is that angelatc?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Better start putting chemicals in water that turns dogs gay.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Better start putting chemicals in water that turns dogs gay.

I think it's a troll.
    Called it:

https://areomagazine.com/2018/10/02/...f-scholarship/

But what an epic troll...this is a must read.