Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Millennials are turned off sex, study suggests, with one in eight still virgins at 26

Exclamation Millennials are turned off sex, study suggests, with one in eight still virgins at 26

Pffft, speaking as a man, I can't blame the young men.

I'd just as soon stick my dick in a wood chipper as have anything to do with a fourth wave femi-nazi.

MGTOW

Millennials are turned off sex, study suggests, with one in eight still virgins at 26

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...still-virgins/

6 MAY 2018 • 1:04PM

Millennials are waiting longer to have sex, with one in eight still virgins at 26 years old, new research has found.

The sharp rise in the number of young people waiting longer to have sex may be because of a "fear of intimacy" and the pressure of social media, according to analysts.

The Next Steps project, the brainchild of the Department for Education which is now managed by University College London, has tracked 16,000 people born in 1989-90 since they were 14.

The interviews, conducted in 2016, discovered a rise in the number of Millenials waiting longer to have sex compared to previous generations, where one in 20 reported still being virgins at around the same age.

Susanna Abse, a psychoanalytic psychotherapist at the Balint Consultancy, told the Sunday Times: "Millenials have been brought up in a culture of hypersexuality which has bred a fear of intimacy.

The "fear of exposure" on social media has been suggested as a possible reason why young people are waiting longer to have sex
    The 'fear of exposure' on social media has been suggested as a possible reason why young people are waiting longer to have sex CREDIT: DOMINIC LIPINKSI/PA
    "The women are always up for it with beautiful hard bodies and the men have permanent erections. That is daunting to young people.

"The fear for young men is of being humiliated that they can't live up to that, plus the fear of exposure in your Facebook group."

If those who refused to answer the question were also virgins, the figure rises to one in six , according to Steve McKay, professor in social research at Lincoln University.

The research also found that as young people get older they are less likely to have sexual partners, with more than 90% of those who had lost their virginity having done so before 19-years-old.

The Next Steps project began in 2004 and monitored pupils attending state and independent schools across England. The UCL Institute of Education, part of University College London, took over the study in 2013.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The Next Steps project, the brainchild of the Department for Education which is now managed by University College London, has tracked 16,000 people born in 1989-90 since they were 14.
    In physics, the observer effect is the theory that simply observing a situation or phenomenon necessarily changes that phenomenon.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_effect_(physics)

It's not clear how the study was conducted, but if these kids were aware that they were participating in a study that was tracking their sexual history, it's possible that might have affected their decision making. It's also possible that the youth culture in the UK is very different from the youth culture over here, because I really don't think we would be seeing the mental crises from "incels" if voluntary celibacy were so widespread/common.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/24/w...rebellion.html

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/4/25/...alek-minassian

Also, CSB: About a month ago I caught my 18yo son lying to me (again). He wasn't where we thought he was (or where he was supposed to be). So, I'm reading him the riot act and I'm drawing lines in the sand and explaining what his future is going to look like with respect to my support depending upon his decision making going forward. I ask him if there is anything else he wants to come clean about while we're already clearing the air (so I don't hold it against him down the line). He meekly replies, "Well, I'm not a virgin." Uhhh... Not really what I meant, but thanks for sharing.

Mine are virgins and that's fine with me. I tell them it's the Crocs but, in actuality, it's because they're cheap. My oldest (19) has talked about how he likes money better than women so much I bought him this t-shirt for his birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Pffft, speaking as a man, I can't blame the young men.

I'd just as soon stick my dick in a wood chipper as have anything to do with a fourth wave femi-nazi.

MGTOW

Millennials are turned off sex, study suggests, with one in eight still virgins at 26

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...still-virgins/

6 MAY 2018 • 1:04PM

Millennials are waiting longer to have sex, with one in eight still virgins at 26 years old, new research has found.

The sharp rise in the number of young people waiting longer to have sex may be because of a "fear of intimacy" and the pressure of social media, according to analysts.

The interviews, conducted in 2016, discovered a rise in the number of Millenials waiting longer to have sex compared to previous generations, where one in 20 reported still being virgins at around the same age.

Susanna Abse, a psychoanalytic psychotherapist at the Balint Consultancy, told the Sunday Times: "Millenials have been brought up in a culture of hypersexuality which has bred a fear of intimacy.

The "fear of exposure" on social media has been suggested as a possible reason why young people are waiting longer to have sex
    The 'fear of exposure' on social media has been suggested as a possible reason why young people are waiting longer to have sex CREDIT: DOMINIC LIPINKSI/PA
    "The women are always up for it with beautiful hard bodies and the men have permanent erections. That is daunting to young people.

"The fear for young men is of being humiliated that they can't live up to that, plus the fear of exposure in your Facebook group."

If those who refused to answer the question were also virgins, the figure rises to one in six , according to Steve McKay, professor in social research at Lincoln University.

The research also found that as young people get older they are less likely to have sexual partners, with more than 90% of those who had lost their virginity having done so before 19-years-old.

The Next Steps project began in 2004 and monitored pupils attending state and independent schools across England. The UCL Institute of Education, part of University College London, took over the study in 2013.
    I'm confused. They are reporting people waiting to have sex as if it's a bad thing. I was well into my 20s before I had sex but that's largely out of not knowing how to approach women. I wish I could have said it was based on religious virtue but I'm not going to straight up lie.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

If their answers are the truth, then we have a lot of young people who are at 0 risk for HIV/AIDS and other STDs.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I'm confused. They are reporting people waiting to have sex as if it's a bad thing. I was well into my 20s before I had sex but that's largely out of not knowing how to approach women. I wish I could have said it was based on religious virtue but I'm not going to straight up lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    If their answers are the truth, then we have a lot of young people who are at 0 risk for HIV/AIDS and other STDs.

I know, right? Weird. Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't...
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

"The Next Steps project, the brainchild of the Department for Education which is now managed by University College London, has tracked 16,000 people born in 1989-90 since they were 14.

The interviews, conducted in 2016, discovered a rise in the number of Millenials waiting longer to have sex compared to previous generations, where one in 20 reported still being virgins at around the same age."

ok.. this has probably been debated to death since the century changed but, to qualify as a "millennial" - don't you have to be BORN this century?

Studying people born in 1989-1990 - nope.. X generation.. not Millennials
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    "The Next Steps project, the brainchild of the Department for Education which is now managed by University College London, has tracked 16,000 people born in 1989-90 since they were 14.

The interviews, conducted in 2016, discovered a rise in the number of Millenials waiting longer to have sex compared to previous generations, where one in 20 reported still being virgins at around the same age."

ok.. this has probably been debated to death since the century changed but, to qualify as a "millennial" - don't you have to be BORN this century?

It seems like it should be that way, probably why the term millennial is misused so much, but what you are thinking of millennial is actually "Generation Z"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genera...of_generations

Millenial = early 80s - early 2000s.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I know, right? Weird. Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't...
    The biggest mistake someone can make is entering a sexual relationship without sufficient maturity. I was an at-risk teen--mom passed away, dad was a raging alcoholic. Poor. I knew that having a baby in those circumstances would absolutely wreck any chance I had of a future. I was determined not to go down that path until I was done with school and ready to be an adult.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Millenials were born from 1982 - 2000
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

We should send dannno to England, he'd help 'em with their virgin problem.

BTW, I'm just teasing. I love dannno.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It seems like it should be that way, probably why the term millennial is misused so much, but what you are thinking of millennial is actually "Generation Z"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genera...of_generations

Millenial = early 80s - early 2000s.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Millennial = first generation coming of age in the new millennium.

But even within that definition, there's a big difference between early and late millennials. Those born in 2000 don't even remember 9/11 (tm). Early's didn't grow up with smart phones and FaceFuckbook. Interesting stuff

So, if your choice is to have sex with Trigglypuff, or remain a virgin, what would you choose? Me? I'd rather remain a virgin for eternity.

1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    Millennial = first generation coming of age in the new millennium.

But even within that definition, there's a big difference between early and late millennials. Those born in 2000 don't even remember 9/11 (tm). Early's didn't grow up with smart phones and FaceFuckbook. Interesting stuff
    There was a VERY CLEAR line in the sand, if you were that age like I was you would know.

The name came because people born in 1982 graduated high school and became adults in 2000.

We were texting and had cell phones in 2000 and 2001, everybody communicated on AIM as well. Gmail came out around 2001. Myspace became popular in 2003 and in 2004 Facebook became available to college students, including those millennials still in college who were born in 1982.

Anybody born in 1981 and graduated high school in 1999 was largely out of the loop. Not a lot of 'popular' guys and girls using computers to communicate who were that age.. whereas one year younger at least 90% of the girls in my freshman class in college had AIM, maybe 98%.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

There was a VERY CLEAR line in the sand, if you were that age like I was you would know.

The name came because people born in 1982 graduated high school and became adults in 2000.

We were texting and had cell phones in 2000 and 2001, everybody communicated on AIM as well. Gmail came out around 2001. Myspace became popular in 2003 and in 2004 Facebook became available to college students, including those millennials still in college who were born in 1982.

Anybody born in 1981 and graduated high school in 1999 was largely out of the loop. Not a lot of 'popular' guys and girls using computers to communicate who were that age.. whereas one year younger at least 90% of the girls in my freshman class in college had AIM, maybe 98%.
    The single reason why I type fast is AIM. not Almena Typing Time videos from grade school with the Apple IIe. Type fast or (socially) die! Pretty sure AIM messages got me laid on multiple occasions. And coordinated rendezvous.

I'm fairly certain I can type faster, with less mistakes and with better punctuation and grammar than anyone younger than me or even fresh out of college. Once texting really took off, there was no need to be proficient at "word processing" bc you only had to do it for papers in school. It's pathetic what admin assistants consider fast typing.

"Kids" today are buried in devices and fake online lives; they don't have the same intimate, one on one connections now. I think early Millennials had a good mix of new emerging technology that connected them to others, yet didn't cannibalize all face to face interactions like it does now.

Anyway, each generation is worse than the previous and whatnot. Fornicate - eat, drink and be merry - and die...

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    The biggest mistake someone can make is entering a sexual relationship without sufficient maturity. I was an at-risk teen--mom passed away, dad was a raging alcoholic. Poor. I knew that having a baby in those circumstances would absolutely wreck any chance I had of a future. I was determined not to go down that path until I was done with school and ready to be an adult.
    I have to say, you are the absolute last person on this forum I would have expected to treat children like life-wreckers.

It's different for men, you know... these days men only risk being labeled sex offenders and never gaining employment for the next 60+ years.
    The tragedy of raising a child kind of pales in comparison to that.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Mine are virgins and that's fine with me. I tell them it's the Crocs but, in actuality, it's because they're cheap. My oldest (19) has talked about how he likes money better than women so much I bought him this t-shirt for his birthday.

That reminds me of the old military marching cadence.....

"I don't know but I've been told."
    "I don't know but I've been told."
    "If you hang around women, you'll never have gold."
    "If you hang around women, you'll never have gold."

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    I'm fairly certain I can type faster, with less mistakes and with better punctuation and grammar than anyone younger than me or even fresh out of college. Once texting really took off, there was no need to be proficient at "word processing" bc you only had to do it for papers in school. It's pathetic what admin assistants consider fast typing.
    I'm not so sure about that, lots of online games have chatting options. I was amazed just tonight at watching my 7r old type. He's was completely touch typing blazing fast while chatting in his game Roblox. I'm not sure where he learned it all, mostly self taught I guess. I unleashed him on youtubes comments a few months ago --showed him how to add them, after seeing him reading them in depth-- I felt like an evil mastermind in doing so... muahahaha

1981, not 82. #professionalmilennial http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/03/01/defining-generations-where-millennials-end-and-post-millennials-begin/

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

well now I'm sad that my kid does fall in that category

However - you'd never know it by actions and behavior -
    entitled crap does not fly in my family

for age - I used to have two categories of folks..
    those that remember when the Beetles broke up..
    and those that just heard about it
    now there's a third
    those that have no clue who the beetles were
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

That sucks.

I'm just glad I'm not the only 26 year old who is still a virgin.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Loose Millennials tightened here.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I'm just glad I'm not the only 26 year old who is still a virgin.
    I was worn out by 26 . Had spent eight years in the Army , was working as a factory foreman for some time , married , kids , house payment ...... but hey , muh boat was pd for
    Do something Danke

Lost my virginity at 12....Several decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I was worn out by 26 . Had spent eight years in the Army , was working as a factory foreman for some time , married , kids , house payment ...... but hey , muh boat was pd for

Whose boat was that, that you "picked up?"
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Whose boat was that, that you "picked up?"
    I bought it for 50 FRN's when I was 12 . I still have it .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Lost my virginity at 12....Several decades ago.
    Bottom doesn't count.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast