Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cultural Marxism: The Greatest Political Strategy in History

Quote Originally Posted by larryklein View Post
    Indeed marxism is one of the most popular ideologies today, and I honestly believe that it is right that it is well recognized and followed. Marxism is a critical theory, and I acknowledge the base it bases its theory on. This is first because I believe that not every human needs to have the same view as others. Why are we all inclined toward the same lens to see the world? In context to the postmodern world in which we live, we need to have a more personal outlook towards the earth. We don't have to believe in everything that is told. It's ok to question the meta-narratives and have a differing ideology.

Another reason why marxism is critical is due to the consequences of capitalism in the economic world. Not just in our personal lives but in an international context, the rich are getting richer, and the poor are getting worse. I don't entirely oppose capitalism, but I believe that in economics, the profit percentage of the owners needs to be significantly reduced. And this is why you, too, have mentioned that the elites do not follow it. Well, they do not wish to reduce their profits.

For me, what marxism does on the very basis is that it makes people conscious about the influencing superstructures of society. We, as humans with our thoughts, need to identify what of our consciousness is our own and what has been enforced onto us.
    This has to be a joke, right. So much of what you said is just not true.

1. Marxism is based on a labor theory of value that is just not accurate. Demonstrably, the subjective theory of value reflects a better understanding of human nature. It's why it creates wealth as opposed to destroying it. And it reflects the differences between what people value. Marxism has no concept of that.
    2. Marxism DEMANDS that everyone have the same view. Ever notice how non-Marxists get treated by Marxists?!
    3. The rich are getting richer, but so are the poor. Your claim that the poor are getting worse is just factually false. Empirical data mean nothing to Marxists. What is true is that the poor in Marxist countries have less ability to escape poverty. And the more that Capitalist countries turn that way, the more harm is done to the poor.
    4. The "profit percentage" isn't up to you. (I guess you missed the irony of saying that we don't need to see the world through the same lens, while advocating the whole world adhere to your values.) The "profit percentage" is up to both people in the exchange. Even when you sell your labor to someone, you both profit - otherwise, you wouldn't do it. If you're unhappy about your percentage, find a different buyer or improve your product. That's what "owners" do. (But again, Marxism denies that you are the owner of your own labor.)
    5. Marxism confuses gullible and lazy people into thinking they are being exploited. That's a great way to sell books and to incite unrest, but it does nothing to improve the lives of people. If you want greater rewards out of life, the answer is simple - provide more value to your fellow man. You will both benefit. You can complain about "superstructures" but capitalism doesn't require those. It just requires enforcement of private property rights - including your own body and labor. The "superstructures" are created by Cronyists and Marxists.
    6. The only "force" required in Capitalism is an enforcement of negative rights. The force in Marxism is literally violence and theft.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-22-2023 at 08:05 PM. Reason: removed font & color tags from quoted matter
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    This has to be a joke, right.
    Computer programs have no sense of humor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Computer programs have no sense of humor.
    Yeah, and I see the account is banned. Just didn't want it to go unanswered.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by larryklein View Post
    Indeed marxism is one of the most popular ideologies today, and I honestly believe that it is right that it is well recognized and followed. Marxism is a critical theory, and I acknowledge the base it bases its theory on. This is first because I believe that not every human needs to have the same view as others. [...]
    As history amply demonstrates, Marxists/Communists won't put up with every human not having the same view as they do.

At least, not unimprisoned living ones ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-22-2023 at 08:06 PM. Reason: removed font & color tags from qouted matter

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    https://twitter.com/Casey5122dark/st...87181209682421
    {Gerard Casey @Casey5122dark | 22 November 2023}

The Guardian published a critical, some might even say hostile, article [21 November 2023] on Javier Milei, the victor in Argentina’s Presidential election. What a shock! You can read it for yourself in the link below.

I just want to discuss one point made in this article. Its author, Uki Goņi writes, “The generals had studied the works of Italian Marxist thinker Antonio Gramsci, who argued that the revolutionary left would need to obtain cultural hegemony to achieve its ends. From this seed, the generals developed a conspiracy theory, not unlike the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, that Marxists had infiltrated universities, Hollywood and the Catholic church, to undermine “our western and Christian way of life”. The 'cultural Marxism’ conspiracy theory can be heard in the US and the UK today. During an interview with Tucker Carlson in September, Milei channelled the 1970s killer generals almost verbatim. Communists 'have no problem with getting inside the state and employing Gramsci’s techniques', Milei told Carlson.”

Let’s put to one side the crude ‘guilt by association’ technique of mentioning The Protocols of the Elders of Zion and the reference to ‘killer generals' and isolate the main point of this passage. According to Goņi, the Generals and Milei share a belief in the existence of a Gramscianesque conspiracy theory that the revolutionary left seek to achieve cultural hegemony as a means to its goal, the destruction of our Western and Christian way of life, by infiltrating our major social institutions, including the universities, Hollywood and the Catholic Church.

The essence of a conspiracy, one might think, is that its existence and its effects should be hidden from the gaze of the vulgar. But there is nothing whatsoever secret about the woke/leftist takeover of academia, its dominance in Hollywood, and its increasingly obvious presence in the Catholic Church, [the latter] due in no small part to the activities of another Argentinian. Nor is woke/leftist dominance in the mainstream media, the legal profession, the civil service and most political parties a matter of secrecy but rather something that is plainly evident.

Whether ‘cultural Marxism’ is the best or even an accurate term for this woke/leftism is an issue that can be left to the deliberation and judgement of scholars. What is beyond dispute it that, whatever it may be called, what we have here is a socio-political strategy, a very successful socio-political strategy, but one that is not now a conspiracy, if indeed it ever was.

[...]

[Link:] https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...s-javier-milei
    //

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Nothing says Cultural Marxism like changing the definition of Cultural Marxism.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Nothing says Cultural Marxism like changing the definition of Cultural Marxism.
    That may just be the only definition of it we are always and forever able to make stick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12