Thread: Hell's YES! 'Murica is BACK. *** flags at our embassies!

Hell's YES! 'Murica is BACK. *** flags at our embassies!

WASHINGTON, DC — At his confirmation hearing last Tuesday, Secretary of State Antony Blinken confirmed that among other proposals, the Biden administration will reverse the Trump-era ban on U.S. embassies flying rainbow pride flags.

Under the Obama administration, pride flags were displayed. Under the Trump administration, embassies were told to first seek permission to fly pride flags on official flagpoles.
    https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...Tul1yNqmEsjhcs

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In before E_D posts a bunch of "Trump supports Faggs" pictures.

And we wonder why they call us the Great Satan.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Hell, let's add an ANTIFA flag. An BLM flag. A Pedo Bear NAMBLA flag.

Which should get precedent?

You'd never see me put up a pride flag outside my house.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Why in this day and age of cancel culture do we even have flags? Shouldn’t the left just be pushing for imaginary flags so we can fly whatever we want in our mind just as long as what our imaginary flag stands for jives with the thought police.

WASHINGTON, DC — At his confirmation hearing last Tuesday, Secretary of State Antony Blinken confirmed that among other proposals, the Biden administration will reverse the Trump-era ban on U.S. embassies flying rainbow pride flags.
    Was above "news" meant to be a parody? Even pro-Trump group Proud Boys would probably see this as Onion news.
    Unless part of 'cucked and submissive' memes play that show Trump calling Tech Support to complain that his government is not doing what he told it to do...

June 27, 2020
    US embassy defiantly unfurls Pride flag as Russia prepares to vote to define marriage as a union between a man and a woman
    The US embassy in Moscow, Russia has raised a Pride flag in clear defiance of an upcoming vote that will effectively stop same-sex marriage

May 17, 2019

Richard Grenell: “President Trump is the most pro-gay president in American history"

Trump Director National Intelligence Richard Grenell with husband Matt Lashey and Don Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Hell, let's add an ANTIFA flag. An BLM flag. A Pedo Bear NAMBLA flag.

Which should get precedent?
    Hmmm...Probably NAMBLA/Pedo Bear.

Hard to say for sure, it's running neck and neck, but I'd say, among our oppressors, there are a shade more actual kiddie diddlers than communists.

I don't think embassies should fly any flag except the American flag. It's just common diplomatic courtesy not to offend the host country.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I’ll never understand this
    No - No - No - No

This is just another fake news attempt to draw a bigger distinction between Biden and Trump than really exists.

Notice how the article starts out by referring to a "Trump era ban on U.S. embassies flying rainbow pride flags."

But then when you read on you learn that there was no such ban. All Trump did was permit them to keep flying gay pride flags wherever they wanted at embassies, with giant rainbow flags hanging from windows and on walls, with huge banners proclaiming to all the world how pro-gay Trump was, with just the minor caveat that they weren't supposed to hoist them on flagpoles without getting Trump's permission first.

The thread title is really misleading. Gay pride flags aren't "back" at the embassies, because they were never removed from them by Trump in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    This is just another fake news attempt to draw a bigger distinction between Biden and Trump than really exists.

Notice how the article starts out by referring to a "Trump era ban on U.S. embassies flying rainbow pride flags."

But then when you read on you learn that there was no such ban. All Trump did was permit them to keep flying gay pride flags wherever they wanted at embassies, with giant rainbow flags hanging from windows and on walls, with huge banners proclaiming to all the world how pro-gay Trump was, with just the minor caveat that they weren't supposed to hoist them on flagpoles without getting Trump's permission first.

The thread title is really misleading. Gay pride flags aren't "back" at the embassies, because they were never removed from them by Trump in the first place.
    Why are they there in the first place?

Why are they there in the first place?
    That is the more important question.

I assume the answer is essentially the same as the answer to the question of why Trump gave federal grants to Drag Queen Story Time events.
    @enhanced_deficit might be able to shed some light on this.

You won't get true answers to these questions from people on either Team D or Team R who are intent on pretending the differences between Trump and Biden are stark.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 02-02-2021 at 09:52 AM.

That is the more important question.

I assume the answer is essentially the same as the answer to the question of why Trump gave federal grants to Drag Queen Story Time events.

Enhanced_Deficit might be able to shed some light on this.

You won't get true answers to these questions from people on either Team D or Team R who are intent on pretending the differences between Trump and Biden are stark.
    Ok, fine, but they were there long before Trump.

Why do our embassies fly the flag of what many host nations consider a felony crime?

Why do our embassies fly the flag of what many host nations consider a felony crime?
    In Trump's case, I'm sure this furthered his agenda to influence those countries to decriminalize sodomy and homosexuality.

Holy moly!

Hey. How much do you charge for readings. You got some mad psychic skills, bro!

Thumbs down

The LGBTQ Agenda is a plot to destroy Christianity.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ok, fine, but they were there long before Trump.

So that the next time we have a Benghazi event where our embassy or cosulate is attacked over a CIA black ops gone bad we'll once again be blame it on "They hate our rainbow flag freedoms."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

In Trump's case, I'm sure this furthered his agenda to influence those countries to decriminalize sodomy and homosexuality.
    Trump banned Transgenders from the military.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Was above "news" meant to be a parody? Even pro-Trump group Proud Boys would probably see this as Onion news.
    Unless part of 'cucked and submissive' memes play that show Trump calling Tech Support to complain that his government is not doing what he told it to do...

June 27, 2020
    US embassy defiantly unfurls Pride flag as Russia prepares to vote to define marriage as a union between a man and a woman
    The US embassy in Moscow, Russia has raised a Pride flag in clear defiance of an upcoming vote that will effectively stop same-sex marriage

May 17, 2019

Richard Grenell: “President Trump is the most pro-gay president in American history"

Trump Director National Intelligence Richard Grenell with husband Matt Lashey and Don Jr.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to enhanced_deficit again."

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Trump banned Transgenders from the military.
    That's another line taken straight from the same kinds of propagandistic sources as the OP.

No he didn't.

Colorado Meeting: Trump son-in-law Kushner secretly met with BLM activist who donated $2M to BLM causes

The U.S. Embassy in Seoul displays a Black Lives Matter banner and LGBTQ pride flag, in Seoul, South Korea, June 15, 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Hell, let's add an ANTIFA flag. An BLM flag.
    BLM flag already happened.
    If Biden sold LGBTQ T-Shirts on next Pride Day, even that won't be breaking news.

So many life-style/racial/religious/gender diversity milestones already set during historic Trump Presidency, Biden with his 'segregationist ties' background probably will not even come close second on diversity wins as much his team may try.

Part of it could be due to their very different backgrounds:
    Conservative Christian GOP Senator Ted Cruz:
    "Donald comes from New York and he embodies New York values." "Everyone understands that the values in New York City are socially liberal, are pro-abortion, are pro-gay-marriage, focused around money and the media."

Granted there have been strong words used by some conservatives towards pro-diversity liberals, don't recall any s-word use... to be fair.
    H/T ss:

From: LGBT Activists Hate Christianity — and Want to Destroy It

Sep 30, 2015
    Michele Bachmann Believes God Could Destroy The Nation Over Gay Marriage

How long until that becomes America's new flag altogether? They'll definitely want to trash the current flag eventually. People might ask why it has 50 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by ammodotcom View Post
    They'll definitely want to trash the current flag eventually.
    I already want to trash the current flag ...

Quote Originally Posted by ammodotcom View Post
    People might ask why it has 50 stars.
    They should ask that question.

And then they should ask why there shouldn't be 50 (or more) flags with only one star each.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    From: LGBT Activists Hate Christianity — and Want to Destroy It

Sep 30, 2015
    Michele Bachmann Believes God Could Destroy The Nation Over Gay Marriage

I have some issues with Michele Bachmann & Jerry Falwell but they are 100% right.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I already want to trash the current flag ...

They should ask that question.

And then they should ask why there shouldn't be 50 (or more) flags with only one star each.
    Absolutely – I'm just saying the federal government would almost certainly rather not remind people that states exist. I'm sure the day is soon coming when they'll call to retire the flag because it's homomysoracistphobic and replace it with some collectivist symbol.