Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1457

Thread: **NEVADA** State Convention updates here

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Yep. A major tactical error on the part of the campaign's floor organizers.
    That's why I keep saying OK and other states better take notes, because I believe Romney's people are going to be trying bylaw change tricks to confuse people.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by Unknown.User; 07-22-2012 at 01:05 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Nice we are still over at least 55% Paul people.

So toss the unbinding to the floor immediately.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Good point, but I think if they were ALL unbound, then the possibility of another plurality existed if more spots could be taken from Romney now IF more RP delegates we elected earlier today. Either way it is not bad if we have a lot of delegate spots.
    I would have preferred them unbound, but there was also the issue of being challenged so the decision could go either way.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I'd just like to point out that technicly there is no such animal as a bound delegate.
    Member of Ron Paul Forums Double Flat Tariff Only Society - Working towards eliminating all the foreign producer/outsource subsidizing internal federal taxes in favor of an across the board flat tariff applied equally to every country and every product.

Recessed til 9 AM!
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

They are motioning to recess now. Yes! Ayes have it. This is good.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bb23 View Post
    EFF YES!!!
    what happened?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Recessed until 9 AM tomorrow. Put forth by Bunce.

(I'm assuming because we only had a 55% majority and need more to actually unbind the delegates)

Recess until 9am tomorrow morning!!! Good news for Paul!

OK GOOD! Now in the morning we can come back full strength I hope... Here we come Bylaws!
    Personal attacks are always the first sign of a failed argument.

Get your popcorn ready!
    “When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind.” -CS Lewis

Convention will reconvene at 9AM Pacific Time.
    Bylaws will still be open to changes.

Thank you broomstick guy!

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    what happened?
    Late response to the bylaw vote.

Also, how is the recess til 9am a good thing for us? I hope everyone will show up that did today.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    They are motioning to recess now. Yes! Ayes have it. This is good.
    why is it good to recess now?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ok, recess, adjourned until 9AM tomorrow.

At 9AM they reopen, and the first order of business is bylaws and unbinding delegates.

The votes are being counted *right now* under the eyes of Paul people and that will continue.

Some of the Ron Paul people will know the delegate results tonight, but won't be able to share them until they are announced tomorrow.

That was pretty scary there for a little bit. Will recessing until tomorrow help us though?

So, we're still going to need to submit the amendment to unbind delegates to the bylaws committee as a result of the last amendment to the amendment regarding amendments, correct (good Lord, did I just write that)?
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Amazing save by the Paul organization...in a way, the prior failure to move the unbinding amendment may have been a blessing in disguise, since it's possible even at that time so many had left that we didn't have the 2/3 majority. Now we get a fresh start in the morning. Truly incredible day!

Quote Originally Posted by bb23 View Post
    Late response to the bylaw vote.

Also, how is the recess til 9am a good thing for us? I hope everyone will show up that did today.
    yeah, that's an issue. What if they turn up with more tomorrow, since there were more slots than came, I think?

Whatever will be will be, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNight View Post
    Ok, recess, adjourned until 9AM tomorrow.

At 9AM they reopen, and the first order of business is bylaws and unbinding delegates.

The votes are being counted *right now* under the eyes of Paul people and that will continue.

Some of the Ron Paul people will know the delegate results tonight, but won't be able to share them until they are announced tomorrow.
    Since we won the last vote by 40-50 people is it safe to say we got most/all of the delegates?

Off Air ?
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My belief is that RP supporters voted aye on the bylaw thing out of confusion (and/or desire to move things forward) and that we may have indeed had a 2/3rd majority still.

Quote Originally Posted by ShibbitySparks View Post
    Amazing save by the Paul organization...in a way, the prior failure to move the unbinding amendment may have been a blessing in disguise, since it's possible even at that time so many had left that we didn't have the 2/3 majority. Now we get a fresh start in the morning. Truly incredible day!
    I'm sure Romney ites will be doing GOTV tonight for tomorrow. I wonder if our folks will know how important it is to go back?

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    why is it good to recess now?
    Because the Nays just barely had the motion to not accept the bylaws report, meaning we don't have 2/3rds there to add the unbinding. Tomorrow AM we hopefully will have all those watching the counting back (plus any sleepy heads who left)
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

It appears this is good for us because more of our people left the room than Romney's over the course of the evening, losing us our super-majority which we need to amend the bylaws. By recessing until tomorrow we can regroup and come back at closer to full strength. Hopefully.

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast